[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breathing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: pDSP1-16476651p275w.jpg (24KB, 275x279px) Image search: [Google]
pDSP1-16476651p275w.jpg
24KB, 275x279px
So I wanna get this breathing mask like pic related, I'm gonna use it to box and run to train my lungs to take better breaths and help me control my air flow. Has anyone used on of these before? How well does it work in the long run?
>>
>>39836718
Bump
>>
>>39836718
You don't actually get any of the cardiovascular benefits of training in a high altitude environment, it just allows less air to enter your lungs.

I don't know how it might affect control of your air flow, but long term it will definitely cause your friends to abandon you and fellow gym goers to think you're autistic.
>>
it only looks fucking retarded
>>
Don't do it man, I had a doctor come up to me at the gym and stress to me how stupid silly and potentially dangerous thosee things are. It doesn't give u an less oxygen like in high altitude just less air in general. The only thing this does is stress your lungs and cause potential hypertrophy of the heart which can kill you. Go run hill sprints or something else man this is a stupid gimmicky fad.

Same doctor who told me all this was also a former pilot for the Marine Corps back in Somalia. He told me about some elite jarhead who thought he could simulate low oxygen with his gas mask back in desert storm. Long story short dude fucked his shit up royally and blacked out a bunch of times to where his body developed a psychosomatic response and automatically passed out when he put a gas mask on. This elite operator was basically reduced to a desk clerk because he couldn't do his job without a gas mask.
>>
FOR YOU
>>
This is a called a scientific article
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3804987/
Read about the study to see what results a breathing mask will yield
Also about 90% of questions like this will appear in pubmed or scientific journals just Google man
>>
>>39836718
high altitude training works differently from the way these masks do all they do is restrict airflow wich also makes them dangerous and unlike some dangerous training bs out there these don't even provide a benifit.
Also even if the masks worked(wich they don't)

THE EFFECTS OF HIGH ALLTIUDE TRAINING LAST FOR LESS THEN 2WEEKS
>>
Yeah it was pretty good for hamon training
>>
>>39836718
FYI, the main benefit from altitude/lack of air training is being in it 24/7.. Including sleeping/recovery.

Sooooooo yeah. Enjoy. Maybe just go to a high altitude place and stop looking like a dick
>>
>>39837428
OVVVERRRDDRRRIIIIIIVVVUUUUUU
>>
>>39836718
Nobody knew who I was until I put on the mask.
>>
that mask is a waste of money

google bas ruttens o2 trainer
>>
File: 12vN6Hy.jpg (135KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
12vN6Hy.jpg
135KB, 1366x768px
>>39836718
do not believe everything chinese cartoons want to make you believe
>>
So you want to become a big guy?
>>
>>39836718
If I took that mask off would you die?
>>
I had neoprene face cover for winter biking with tiny air holes over the mouth, but I found I my vision going all swimmy around the edges, while trying to keep up with traffic.

Blacking out on a bike on an icy urban road with a 60 km/h limit is a terrible plan, so I ripped it down enough to breathe properly and lived with the frozen upper face.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.