[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a bro-split work if you add in 1 full-body day a week? eg.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483017612978.jpg (301KB, 1488x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1483017612978.jpg
301KB, 1488x2000px
Can a bro-split work if you add in 1 full-body day a week?

eg.

Monday - Chest/Biceps
Tuesday - Back/Triceps
Wednesday - Delts/Traps
Thursday - Legs
Saturday - Full-Body
>>
>>39828791
ok you're dumb but yes it can work if you switch the muscles to make more sense
>>
>>39828825
Actually. What about:

Monday = Full Body (heavy sets on all lifts, 3x5/5x5/1x5 etc) Then throughout the rest of the week, I just do bro-split style training on everything else?

Been lifting for 5 years now, bored of PPLx2 ULx2 and FBx2. But at the same time I'm not much of a fan of PURE Bro-splitx1.
>>
>>39828791
Yes it can work. Its just not as effective. You will make slower progress with more effort (going 5 times per week to the gym vs 3-4 times).

If you are a beginner do a 3 day fullbody routine for fastest gains. Afterwards you have several options. But for 99% of people there is literally no reason to go more than 4 times per week to the gym ever.
>>
>>39828838
Try it. If you are 5 years in the iron game you shouldn't ask /fit/ for advice.
>>
>>39828850
There's nothing magic about full body routines. The problem with "splits" is really that beginners don't understand programing and fill up their sessions with isolations.

Is there any way in which a 3-day full body routine is superior to PPLPPLx? I can't think of one.

Full body XxXxXxx
>rest every body part for 1-2 days between sessions
>low to moderate volume

PPLPPLx
>rest every body part 2-3 days between sessions
>high volume

About one of the only things that studies have concluded about hypertrophy is that it is linked to volume, and higher volume routines result in greater hypertrophy. On a smart PPL, you achieve more volume AND more rest and recovery (thus, growth) than on a full body routine.
>>
>>39828838
5 years. post pic of your physique lol
>>
>>39828791
Frequency with brosplits is shit
>>
>>39828917
>Is there any way in which a 3-day full body routine is superior to PPLPPLx? I can't think of one

You spend 50% less time in the gym?

You can get enough volume with fullbody routines aswell especially for a beginner who doesn't need tons of volume.

If you are past novice gains and want to fokus on more volume split things up and go Upper-Lower Split and go 4 times per week to the gym.
Still superior in gains/effort to 6times PPL
>>
>>39828791
Souuuurce
>>
>>39831608
It literally says the source right there in the pic, you pathetic waste of oxygen.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.