[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else exclusively use the heavy bag for work outs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: BAL-BH4616_280_280.jpg (20KB, 214x280px) Image search: [Google]
BAL-BH4616_280_280.jpg
20KB, 214x280px
Does anyone else exclusively use the heavy bag for work outs? I have a 100lb. bag and use 16oz gloves supposed to use 12oz because welterweight but whatever. And have a round timer app I use on my phone, 3min on 1min off.
>>
>>39826899
Exclusively? No.
>>
File: pauliemalignaggi.jpg (111KB, 332x480px) Image search: [Google]
pauliemalignaggi.jpg
111KB, 332x480px
>>39826899
i do a punch it with out gloves. I only do this 2 times a week. I do this to build impact power. I stop when i notice my knuckles start to bleed. Yes its stupid but an old mexican guy i know told chavez sr used to do this when he was poor. Pacman used to do this too.
>>
>>39826899
Does anyone else have a really big dick, i'm suppose to have an average dick but it's actually really big.
>>
>>39826910
Just sounds like you have girl hands anon

I used to get bruised and bloody knuckles when I first started too, now they just turn dark red but nothing runs out. You'll make it one day
>>
>>39826913
Haha totally
>>
>>39826918
>Just sounds like you have girl hands anon
hehe

i used to do it like you did but i only do it how i do it know because i know my limits and dont want to end up like paulie
>>
File: 1482964971138.png (199KB, 1200x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1482964971138.png
199KB, 1200x1332px
>>39826899
I have one in my backyard from when i loved training from 13 to 17 but i barely use it now. I just dont have much fighting spirit in me anymore. Feel really bad about it as well because dad bought it for me as a present and i was so happy at the time.
>>
>>39826945
Fuck it bros im going for a couple rounds tomorrow morning. Hopefully i can get into it and beat the shit out of the bag.
>>
I have one and I'm still asking myself one question to this day:

Is it better to work out with gloves or wraps?
>>
>>39827059
Wrap your hands then glove up. The wraps protect the wrists from being fucked by impact

>>39826899
Train with 16s anyway, that 4oz difference (though its not much) makes you work harder
>>
>>39827137
You think? I thought working out wrapping only would make you more experienced in a real fight.
Mike Tyson broke his hand in a street fight.
>>
best feeling is beating the shit out of the sand bag on my gym after a work out. half an hour of that shit and you have good cardio and had good fun
>>
>>39827193
That's common and not necessarily to do with technique. Remember boxing is a sport not a martial art and that the head is a bowling ball with teeth. It's rarely wise to hit one very hard with a closed fist.

That's part of the reason the old timey boxing stance has the hands low inline with the chest because the head was more or less off limits before boxing gloves.

Ofcourse that was more to do with head injuries but hands were a factor.
>>
>>39826910
you shouldn't punch a bag with force without gloves or even wraps
no sense in risking a serious hand injury for 'impact power'
>>
>>39827282
beta nu male. just dont forget to match your gloves and wraps with your purse
>>
>>39827317
enjoy your broken knuckles and sprained wrists for muh impact power
>>
>>39827340
ehh, I think you might have onion skin. Might as well go trap
>>
>>39826964
Wrap, then small amount of tape, then gloves. just to be sure. practise form before power, you can still break your wrist with shit form
>>
>>39827193
Mike didn't know how to control his power, hence why so many coaches didn't want to train him because he was an idiot. he wasn't good till later years, just hit hard
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.