[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military Prep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3935.jpg (348KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3935.jpg
348KB, 1200x800px
Hi /fit regular lurker here, a few months back I saw a military fitness thread. Now that it maybe semi pertinent to my life (looking at joining freedom lands Air Force reserves) I was wondering what sort of training I need to undertake to ensure I excel. I'm in good shape by normie standards. Relatively "strong" upper body i.e. OHP 145 and Bench 235, and I can diddly 3 plate along with about 15 pull-ups. My squat however is proportionately weak, I struggle with a 2.5 plate squat. Mile run time is at about 6.5 minutes.
Where do I start or what modifications need to be made to prepare. Any help is appreciated.
>>
You are already far above the Air Force requirements. A fat sack of shit could get through Air Force basic
>>
>>39826291
Air Force training is some of the hardest in the world. Attrition rates are extremely high.
>>
If you can deal with being tired and avoid bursting into laughter at stupid bullshit, you'll be fine. Specialized training before basic is overkill unless you're trying to be a high speed secret squirrel or you're a recovering turbofatty. All kinds of sorry sacks of shit show up to basic woefully unprepared and get through.

If you're really worried, just google it, I'm sure Stew Smith or whoever has some program designed to have you score 11 million points on pt tests.
>>
>>39826313
I seriously hope you're joking
>>
What does the air force PFT require? Push-ups, sit-ups and a 1.5 mile run still? Just do that shit until you're better at them. Focus on sprints as opposed to distance runs. I suggest 30-60 and 60-120 sprint/run. They'll probably make you do those anyway.
>>
>>39826274
As a current AF, with close friends in every branch, push ups, sit ups and running are all you need to do. I lost so much mass in basic, as did all of them. Post training you can get hella big but basic is a fucking cake walk aimed at the lowest common denominator.
>>
>>39826313
This is bait. Air force PT is a joke. If you ever were active before you're leagues ahead
>>
>>39826417
That or he actually took things his recruiter told him seriously
>>
>>39826274
I;ve been ad for 8 yrs.
I've worked with guys from multiple diff branches.
AF and Navy has a ton of unfit motherfuckers that look like they fail PT tests on the regular. Aside from the non-airborne units in the Army that have alot of fat fucks as well.
>>
>>39826274
>>39826540
Forgot to mention that you won't be needing to work on shit. Literally my dog can pass AF basic other than knowing how to d&c.
>>
>>39826436
That shit was the funniest. "You better not lie at MEPS and basic, it can come back to bite you." Tell that to the 9/10 people I work with that admit in social circles to smoking pot before joining.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.