[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 32

Questions that dont deserve their own thread
>>
as the weight im lifting for curls increases, im noticing pain and weakness in my wrists. Feels like theyre right on the verge of injury; like just holding a pizza box with one hand is about to strain something

i think the weight, while correct for my arm workout, is getting a bit much on the wrist for stabilizing and keeping straight.

Should i get some kinda brace? should i use the brace to work out? Im already wearing gloves since the knurled part rips up hands, but im wondering if even just an elastic thing for compression could alleviate some of the strain on keeping the wrist straight; at least until its worked up fine at this weight

Is that a good idea? anything to look for? where get?
>>
Swimfag here, any tips on how to do flip turns correctly? I try to aim my head down and not move my arms, but I still end up going sideways when I do my flip.
>>
Is German Volume Training effective for a single lagging muscle group and keeping most everything else about a routine the same? For example, my chest (BP) is lagging. Can I do GVT for chest and keep on with my usual routine for the other groups? Or is it something you have to commit your whole body to for it to be effective?
>>
>>39825003
>I can bulk on 2k cal right?
>>
>>39825069
yeh if ur a 100lb gril
>>
>>39825003
How can i know if im eating enough food to gain weight?
What should i eat to gain weight fast?
>>
what are some /fit/ approved cereals
if there is such a thing
>>
File: 1476873343667.png (1MB, 1020x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1476873343667.png
1MB, 1020x1366px
Should I just keep cutting forever of my goal is just to get higher calisthenics reps and lower my run and swim times?
>>
Does it really matter how fast are you losing weight when it comes to loose skin?
It can retract when you're going slow or the damage has already been done and it doesn't matter?
I want to go for huge deficit and cardio to stop being fat shit asap (if I'll see effects it'll give me motivation), but I'm scared that the loose skin will be worse than it has to be
>>
Why do my wrists hurt when I do OHP? Can't get a good grip on it with "flat" wrists
>>
should i still cut (23% bf), if i dont care about visible asthetics?
>>
>>39825226
if you go full skeleton diet, your skin has no time to recover at all.
take your time and skin will become no more loose (depending how much damage has already been done to it)
>>
>>39825033
Practice doing flips while standing in the pool. Basically flip quickly and shoot air out your nose before it goes up the wrong way. If you can flip a few times standing it's the same concept swimming.
>>
>>39825232

You're probably bending your wrists back. Try a thumbless grip (carefully) and see what difference it makes.
>>
What are the best hip stretches for increasing flexibility and mobility?
>>
>>39825245

Depends what you do care about. If you're after health or are trying to compete in strength sports, it'd be a good idea.
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
My knees typically hurt a day or so after doing squats. It feels sort of like DOMS, but like, in my knee if that makes sense.

It's not a sharp pain, it's not stopping me from walking or running or anything either, but like if I went down into a squat position it'd hurt a bit.

I've followed a bunch of youtube tutorials and stuff for form and have even got a form check from reddit and a few people who looked like they knew what they were doing at the gym. As far as I know, my form is pretty good. I'm not even doing heavy weights.

Anyone know what might be wrong with my form or with me knees?

>mfw thinking about not being able to squat anymore
>>
>>39825368
just keep doing them, as long as you aren't in hell pain you are good to go, just dont overload too too hard. no worries
>>
What's the best burn and pump I can get at home with no to little equipment?
>>
how long should it take to make these gains? because im closing in on 1k club but i dont like to test my max. 1rm calculators put those weights at ~1050 lbs so i figure if i hit those itll be safe to both say them im in the 1k club and i can just lift for maintenance and afford to drop the weight/reps a bit

>squat
275x5 > 315x5

>deadlift
315x5 > 365x5

>bench
215x6 > 225x5
>>
>>39825407
probably push ups, chin ups, pull ups are a good place to start

look up calisthenics routines
>>
>>39825524
What's the best cardio? my priority is losing body fat. then its gaining a bit of muscle. I won't do gym because that shits a scam imo.
>>
>>39825539
>I won't do gym because that shits a scam imo.
It's really not if you have no space for a home gym.
>>
>>39825550
just. what's the general agreed to meme on home workouts? and I'm talking about cardio. trying to lose bf.
>>
>>39825539
>I won't do gym because that shits a scam imo.
delet this
>>
>>39825003
doing farmers walks or just holding heavy dumbbell with a straight arm hurts my right elbow bad.

what do
>>
>>39825559
Cardio is not an exercise. There is no "best" cardio. It's just a type of exercise. You do whatevers best.

> trying to lose bf.
oh look someone didn't read the sticky
>>
>>39825575

>there is no best cardio

Rowing
>>
>>39825033
Red Cross and Private swim instructor here. Grab a lane line and flip over it. It will give you the feeling of bringing your legs over your head and you can replicate it. Second, don't keep your arms still. I find that telling students to keep their arms out to the side helps them turn. Try moving your hands in circles to help propel your legs over your body. Make sure you don't slow down or breath before you flip. This will lower the momentum you need to flip. Don't just put your head down. First push down, then push back. Swimfag here AMA
>>
>>39825575
the sticky is inefficient
>>
>>39825610
You want to know how to lose body fat. That is in the sticky. That is all you need. Eat less.
>>
>>39825610
You're an idiot
>>
File: 402_PackShot.png (75KB, 360x340px) Image search: [Google]
402_PackShot.png
75KB, 360x340px
>>39825198
this is the only one I approve of for regular eating.
>>
>>39825632
not an argument. low iq stupid meathead.
>>
>>39825022

stop doing straight bar curls

you're welcome
>>
>>39825649
overpriced garbage.jpg
>>
>>39825198

oreo o's or fruity pebbles
>>
>>39825649
>>39825681
dis the shit i hate
it's always one guy recommending, another guy saying it's trash, and i'm back to square one
i guess ill check it out
how's the taste?
>>
>>39825700
we don't have those in canada
>>
looking to incorporate avocados into the diet
what do y'all eat it with
>>
>>39825671
free weight dumbells actually
doesnt answer the question. The problem is that the weight is exceeding what my wrist can hold straight with. read
>>
>>39825720
i make green eggs with avocado/eggs scrambled together.

its good just thrown into rice and beans.
>>
Are goblet squats with a dumbell as effective as squatting the bar?
>>
>>39825746
ok
this reminds me of something else i was wondering, is there any nutritional difference between frying an egg and eating it raw
i could probably google that actually
>>
>>39825750
i would squat more than the bar personally thats kind of light
>>
>>39825743

then lower the weight dumbshit
>>
>>39825746
>>39825763
just googled it
seems the only difference is the oil, if you choose to add it
>>
>>39825022
>>39825743
niggas ain't reading your question
i used to have the same problem when i was hitting the gym, i don't think i ever worked out a solution
one important thing to note is what position are your hands in
are your palms facing to the sky, with your wrists bending backwards, or are your knuckles facing sky, with wrist locked straight
>>
>>39825037
GVT is a meme. Just add some more volume to your current chest routine.

>>39825198
Cold cereal? Plain bran flakes are pretty decent. 90 cal, 6 g of fiber, 3 g of protein per serving. I sometimes eat a double serving of that with milk and a cup of greek yogurt for breakfast. Starts my day with 12 g of fiber, ~40 g of protein. And it's only $1.88 per box. Pretty low sugar.

>>39825283
Look up Starting Stretching. I'm serious.

>>39825368
Post your form check videos.

>>39825466
A couple months with proper programming and nutrition.

>>39825539
Join a gym retard. If you try cutting without with lifting, you're just gonna end up as a skinnyfat mess.

>>39825750
No. My last squat workout was 355 lbs for sets of 5. Do you think a goblet squat can compare to that. Goblet squats are good for beginners that can't squat a barbell with good form, and maybe as a warm up.
>>
>>39825845
god dam plain branflakes sound so shitty though
i'd have to add berries or some shit
and i hate keeping berries around because they spoil so quick
thanks for the rec still
>>
I want to switch from a strength focused routine to a bodybuilding focused routine to have a good looking body. If I'm barely able to bench 165lb 5x5 is it worth switching over to a 3-4x8 bodybuilding routine? Or should I stay on the strength routine until I keep stalling?
I'm 5'6, 155lbs
Bench 165lb
Squat 225lb
DL 255lb
OHP 115lb
>>
What counts as 1pl8 ? Like the heaviest weight? Like 45lbs or 25kg? What counts as 2pl8 or 3pl8?
>>
>>39825861
I sprinkle cinnamon on mine. Unsweetened vanilla milk and cinnamon is pretty tasty. Less protein than regular milk though.
>>
>>39825870

Number of 45 lb plates per side.

>>39825885
vanilla ALMOND I mean.
>>
>>39825863
Your numbers aren't very good. Why don't you just add a little more accessory volume and stay on whatever strength routine you're on. What program are you on?
>>
>>39825885
>>39825896
ok
i'll jot this down as a recipe i guess, but unless i'm lacking fiber i think i'll just skip the whole cereal thing
>>
>>39825885
thx btw
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
19KB, 480x360px
The plan was to bulk September-March and cut during April-May.

I'm making great gains but I also got fat, maybe 20-25% bf.

Should I cut for a month then resume the bulk?
>>
>>39825910
How much more volume would I add though? I do PPLxULx with U (upper) being the volume day. It's some routine I found here. Was thinking of switching to Canditos Linear or the typical bb routine. Have any suggestions for the program I should be doing?
>>
What does ulnar wrist pain mean?
>>
File: Rick.jpg (2MB, 1612x2864px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.jpg
2MB, 1612x2864px
I'm tired of SS after 3 months and squats hurt my lower back.
Suggestion for routines to switch too?

>no I didnt read the book, I'm sorry /fit/
>>
>>39826192

You should probably try to figure out why your back hurts. Beyond that, you should probably figure out what you're trying to accomplish before asking these kinds of questions.
>>
>>39826197

I believe its some form of anterior pelvic tilt. My lower back always has a bent kind of pain to it.
I'd go see a physiotherapist if I had the money, but I dont, So I've taken to just squatting as light as is comfortable, which is usually around 155 lbs
>>
>>39826192
>>no I didnt read the book, I'm sorry /fit/

Well 3 fucking guesses as to why you're hurting your lower back, you idiot.
>>
Is there any tricks to make my beard grow faster? Would really round up my looks, but not if it's some fuzzy shit.
>>
>>39826209

Is reading the book really as imperative as /fit/ makes it seem?
I've been doing /ss/ for months, and incorporating cardio which is already a no-no. I'm bored, I want to do more.
>>
>>39826229
>is actually learning how to perform the involved lifts safely and correctly really that important?
Not if you have a good trainer or have otherwise learned the same information from a similarly involved and trustworthy source.
>>
>>39826229

The actual program part of SS is about two percent of the entire book.

Read the damn thing. Even if you're not going to do the program it's a useful book.
>>
>>39826176
pain on the pinky finger side of your wrist
>>
How strong do you think the average normie is /fit/? If you had to guess
>>
>>39826348

Totally anecdotal but based off what I've seen I'd say maybe a half-BW bench and a BW deadlift, if that. Most people don't exercise at all so it's not like there's good data on this thing.
>>
>>39825270
>thumbless OHP
I'm not suicidal anymore
>>
File: Guts_without_Armour.jpg (217KB, 800x888px) Image search: [Google]
Guts_without_Armour.jpg
217KB, 800x888px
How do I acheive Guts mode ?
>>
>>39826472
get cucked by best friend

classic
>>
>>39826480
Welp, I guess Im halfway there then :(
>>
I recently hit 5x5 1pl8 squats my third squatting session. If I only have access to the gym twice a week is it possible to hit 5x5 2pl8 squats by june?

Here are my stats if it matters:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 150 lbs
>>
Am I a contrarion faggot for doing the Reg Park routine over Starting Strength?
>>
>>39826581
90lbs in 6 months pretty doable at 18 as long as you lift consistently and eat
>>
>>39826581
>>39826610
Mainly eat...GOTTA EAT BIG TO GET BIG CMON
>>
is starting strenght really 3 exercises per workout?
>>
>>39826736

Three main ones. There's usually 1-2 things at the end done for some easy sets.
>>
I just got my first shipment of injectable test and some syringes. I've never had to inject anything before, so I don't know much about it. Which is the easiest vein to inject into if I do it myself?
>>
>>39826799
the cum vein
>>39826752
what accessories are recommended? I have too much autism to read the book
>>
I only have a pair of dumbbells and plenty of space and i'm broke, can i get fit with that and how much time you reccomend spending on working out every day?
>>
File: 1482442873223.jpg (183KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482442873223.jpg
183KB, 640x640px
beginner here, wanted to start with a strength routine but was also wondering if i could train certain smaller muscles more often than others, eg. biceps, traps, calves, forearms.

would that be alright?
>>
>>39826813

Traditionally the recommendation is some combination of chin-ups, dips, back extensions (on the days you don't deadlift) and curls. Pick some and knock out a couple of decent sets.
>>
>>39826827
Your progress on SS will be slower because you're using those muscles to do the big lifts in SS.

If you want to do a split, you should just do a split.
>>
>>39826861
thanks.
what can I replace the powerclean with? feel like I'm gonna kill myself if I try a powerclean
>>
>>39826883

Some people will say bent-over rows. Others will say light deadlifts or RDLs. If you're not going to do chins as an accessory, I'd probably go with the rows.
>>
>>39826883
Just make sure your form on bent-over rows is good. You can really fuck your back up if you have tight hamstrings

A good alternative is dumbbell rows using a bench as support
>>
>>39826827
You can add a few accessories at the end of your main workout
>>
File: sodie.jpg (83KB, 579x836px) Image search: [Google]
sodie.jpg
83KB, 579x836px
should I stop drinking diet soda?

sidebar: styrofoam cups or plastic cups? i'm a styrofoam man myself
>>
File: JUST.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Is this molluscum contagiosum lads?

It doesn;t hurt, itch, or spread. Just kinda there and definitely derived from sex.
>>
>>39826948
i quite like styrofoam cuts but they tend to bend more when you grip them so im gonna have to give it to plastic
>>
Beginner here. Doing the following currently:
A: 5x5 Squats 5x5 bench press 2x max chin up
B: 5x5 Deadlift 5x5 barbell bent over row 5x5 military press

its from the sticky. Is there something i should add, since i have the time? Also, is it normal shitting thrice as much as before? Its fucking exhausting.
>>
>>39826968
Should add in accessory work like curls, tricep pulldowns, calf raises, etc.
>>
>>39826968
for what goals? pure strength, keep doing that
>>
At what weight did you start to use mixed/ hook grip for deadlift?
>>
>>39826968
Also in your A) workout. You're adding in a pulling exercise (chin ups) with pushing exercises while putting in a pushing exercise (military press) with pulling exercises

If I were you I'd swap those two.
>>
>>39826991
Around 2plate/225lbs
>>
>>39826991

I used mix almost from the start on my worksets. Doesn't seem to have done my grip any damage.
>>
>>39826999
>>39827000
Trips in row checked
>>
My right quads hurt when I force on it to flex my legs more than I can naturally do without applying force on it , but after every squat session this pain goes away for 4-5 hours and then comeback , what happenin ?
>>
>>39827021
i dont know man
>>
>>39826979
thank you

>>39826988
yes pure strength. Will add 2x a week cardio when exams are over.

>>39826992
Thank you. I will do that
>>
>>39827021
wat cunt? just stop force on it to flex my legs more than I can naturally do without applying force on it
>>
File: intredasting.png (6KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.png
6KB, 415x416px
>>39827030
I woudlnt swap the ones the previous guy suggested. Its way too much for the shoulders to go with bench and press in one workout. The way you originally posted splits them more evenly, and pretty much works in my opinion. Your press will just suffer too much if you swap em.
>>
>>39827047
I will keep that in mind.I will probably switch it around to find out what works best for me.
>>
My right knee doesn't feel quite "right." It doesn't hurt, but imagine your leg being slightly twisted and just uncomfortable enough that you want to adjust it back to normal. Except no amount of adjusting fixes it. My left leg has never had any problems.

I have no problems doing deadlifts or squats, but the unease increases a while afterwards.

I pulled my lower back a while ago, so I took a month off from all deads/squat, but that didn't fix it either.

I don't do cardio either.

I've had this for over a year, probably. (Went on a lifting hiatus due to work, came back, still had it)

Anyone experience something similar? I haven't bothered going to a physical therapist yet since it doesn't really prevent me from doing anything, but it's kinda bothering me since it's not going away.
>>
For the past two months or so I've been struggling with insomnia and sleeping issues. Also having very serious issues with dissociation. I've been getting between 2-4.5 hours of sleep a night. I cut my coffee intake from 3-5 cups a day to 2-3 cups a day and none after 4pm and it still didn't help.

So for the past 4 consecutive nights I've taken benadryl to sleep. It's really hard to wake up after I take it but I've been sleeping 6-8 hours a night and my disrealment has gotten noticeably better.

How long is it safe to keep taking benadryl before I fuck my shit up even worse? Also, I don't have insurance that's why I'm asking you dicks.
>>
i strained a rib while drilling a hole into concrete (had to push quite hard), and now i feel pain when breathing in fully; i'm completely fine otherwise.
can i still lift, or should i hold of it for a while?
>>
>>39827158
go to a physiotherapist they can actually diagnose and treat this shit, even make sure you don't re-injure it
>>
>>39827170
Should I go a sports therapist or is any therapist fine?
>>
>>39827169
Use the right tool and bit next time for one.
>>
>>39827188
Try the sports guy their exercise focus makes them a bit more relatable to what you got
>>
>>39827167
Get some ZMA, pop that fucker before bed.
>>
Would it be bad if I used my gym's hot tub right after lifting?

What about the sauna?
>>
>>39825003
What's an an average to respectable weight for curls?
>>
>>39827272

It doesn't matter. You don't do curls to show off your numbers. You do them for the bicep growth. As long as you're getting that, the weight you're using is irrelevant.
>>
>>39827284
I understand that I've been doing a strength programme for years but never curled much.im focus sing on arms this year and I've just got my curl to 45kg and don't know if it's pathetic or not.
>>
>>39825003
Hi guys, anyone have the "average /fit/izen" picture? It's Wojak with
>hoodie to conceal gains
>mega quads
>ample capacity for feels
>never the right amount of erection
and other stuff.
>>
What's wrong with wearing gloves to the gym? I can grip the bar harder and my hands don't hurt. i only wear them to bench or curl.

Am I just a pussy?
>>
File: gloves.jpg (9KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
9KB, 192x263px
>>39827343
>>
>>39827263
Just make sure you're not super dehydrated and you're good to go.
Helps with DOMS.
>>
>>39827343
yes you are just a pussy
>>
>>39827380
thx brah
>>
Any specific underwear/ shorts/ pants you guys wear to the gym ? My ass devours my shorts and underwear everytime I squat and I havent done them in a week or two because of that.
>>
File: IMG_3075.png (819KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3075.png
819KB, 750x1334px
So this guy goes to my gym and claims natty. Now, I don't care if he's lying nor do I care if he's natty or not. I just want to know if this body is achievable without roids because currently I'm on the fence about using gear. He's not tall, probably around 5'10" or so but he seems rather cut but big and his skin looks sort of dry all the time. (I'm not sure about what the 'roid look' is exactly)
>>
>>39827541
that's a pretty bag picture though, know his weight too?

>>39827529
just loose fitting stuff
>>
File: IMG_3076.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3076.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>39827551
I do not but is this better?
>>
What's with the creatine meme?
What does creatine do and how it change your behaviour?
>>
>>39827562
I think its possible but not after 4 years of lifting like he has so he's probably on something
if you lift for a lifetime it should be possible

>>39827569
creatine isnt a meme it helps a lot if you take it, increases DHT as well but the mood shit is a meme
>>
File: damn.jpg (24KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
24KB, 300x225px
What the heck is "high-test"?
>>
>>39827541
Extreme vascularity, 3D delts, paper thin skin, and leanness to bigness ratio points to roiding
>>
>>39827587
>the mood shit is a meme
This one is what I was interested in. Can you be more specific? It makes you agressive? deprresed? Mood swng in general?
>>
>>39827606
it does nothing
>>
File: Groin-Muscle-Diagram.jpg (71KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
Groin-Muscle-Diagram.jpg
71KB, 800x476px
This part of my groin has been hurting for just over a month now. It starts hurting when I break at the hips, but if I get it to crack most of the pain goes away and I get my mobility back. It tends to go away for a bit once I'm warmed up as well, but it's still screwing with my squats. Got it from doing a stretch exercise for my glute.
>>
>>39827588
A fetish for landwhales
>>
>>39827608
So why the mood meme?
>>
So I started going to the gym and following the
Rippetoe's Starting Strength revisited program from the main page copy pasta. How long is one workout supposed to take? I do like ~10 minutes of cycling/running to warm up and then the program and im done in maybe 50-60 minutes. I also do like 4 or 5 sets. Is this normal? I hear people talking how they are in gym for 1.5-2h. So i'm just wondering if im doing anything wrong.
>>
>>39827666
It's making fun of people who are ignorant about supplements and think anything beyond protein powder is a gateway to anabolic steroids. Creatine is completely harmless and attributing roid rage to it is an ironic joke.
>>
>>39827689
Until you're done. When I started SL it took me 30 minutes. By the end it took me an hour and a half.
>>
Today, I had knee pain when I squatted. I've never had knee pain from squatting before, it was always running. My form hasn't change as far as I can tell, I did a good warm up and stopped immediately as the pain began setting it. It mostly faded but who knows how long it'll last.

Is there a reason I'm getting pain from a movement I've never gotten pain from before? I've done the weight - 295lb, plenty of times as well.
>>
>>39827702
So f.e if i've already done 3-4 sets but feel like I still have power to keep going, then I should just do more sets? How long should I rest between the sets?
>>
>>39827700
Oh, now I get it. Thanks.
>>
>>39827717

The amount of time you spend will vary depending on your routine/experience, and as your lifts go up and take more time/focus to complete.

Up to an hour is totally normal for a beginner on SS. But if it's too easy, you should up the weight rather than increase the sets. The idea is that the weight should be high enough that 3 sets of 5 is all you're physically capable of.
I mean, go easy to start if you're still learning form and all that, so for now it might be better to keep the weight low and just throw in an extra set or two when you still have fuel in the tank. But the overall aim is to do the required sets at the max weight you can responsibly handle.
Make sure you do a couple of warm up sets before each work set, and that you're resting appropriately between work sets (3-5 min. And like the amount of sets, if this feels too easy then you're probably not lifting nearly as much as you could be). With that in mind, it simply takes however long it takes.
>>
I know you're supposed to row 3 times a week on ICF 5x5, but I'm sick of my fatiguing my lower back so much throughout the week, and ending up not being able to perform my best on deadlifts. Is it fine to substitute the row on bench day for weighted chins instead? I've tried doing chins after my rows but my lats are way too fatigued and I can't even get 6 bw reps, whereas when my lats are fresh, I can easily get 10, any thoughts would be helpful
>>
I'm feeling ill with a headache, clammy throat and general tiredness. I could go out to my homegym and lift today, but should I?
>>
>>39827782
Thanks man, helped me alot. I'm still pretty much testing the weights so maybe its that I dont lift the max I can.
>>
File: RczCEwAbaq8.jpg (103KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RczCEwAbaq8.jpg
103KB, 1080x1080px
Hey, /fit/, I wanna start some ass, can anybody post pics of "dat ass programm"?
>>
>>39825022

Studies show an increased risk of wrist injury when doing barbell curls. Thus the ezbar was born. Still a problem? Get wristwraps.

>>39825232
Get wristwraps.
>>
>>39826968

Listen kid, this is how i stsrted out. DOnt add or switch anything. Be sure to follow the rest of the program, tho, increasing every set by 2.5lbs/1,25kg
>>
>>39827922
If I were you, I'd rest up until you're feeling a lot better. I made the mistake of lifting with a cold and ended up getting a tension headache and the cold felt like it lasted an eternity, which set my training back even further. Better be safe than sorry.
>>
File: IMG_20161229_073125.jpg (2MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161229_073125.jpg
2MB, 3120x4160px
So its end of the year and the gyms around my office and house are going to be fuill as hell.

I want to do something in my house and I found pic related. Does anyone knows what kind of exercises do with it? I would google it but IM not pretty sure what the name of this is.
>>
>>39827994
I guess I'll wait and see how I am in a few days time then. I feel like I could push through and train, but like you say its best to not potentially worsen my cold.
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 250x188px
>>39825003
Stopped working out for a week or 2, eating nothing but crap. I go back to work out and my lifts are the same if not stronger.

BUT MY CARDIO IS OUT OF WACK!!!!!

I use to do 1 hour of intense cardio, now it's like 30-40 mins of bs weak cardio if that. Wtf? How do I get it back?
>>
How can I restore my skin back to it's original white/light color?

I have tanned more severely on my face and arms and lesser on my shins. Or am I permanently like this?
>>
File: IMG_6667.jpg (99KB, 750x692px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6667.jpg
99KB, 750x692px
How to get a stomach like this? Is it all about restricting calories?
>>
>>39825368
Bit of ice begore going to bed should do the trick
>>
File: IMG_0291 copy.jpg (148KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0291 copy.jpg
148KB, 750x1334px
>>39828103
stop eating and then be born with the right genetics
>>
>>39825368
Keep at it, weak tendons maybe.
I used to be a fat motionless fuck, and when I started running at about 15-16 the pain really was there all the time, I didn't go too heavy until it subsided. Eat properly, get them omega 3/6s whatevers and some cartilage supplements(in a lower dosage then recommended, you barely need them but they may help)
And keep at it. Joints will get stronger.
After losing weight and a few years of physical inactivity except dancing and sex(which is not a lot) I was unable to squat 100 kg without knee pain.
Stress the tendons a bit, let them recover, proceed as usual.
Do no try to get a 1 rep max anytime soon. Don't even think about it.
>>
I've had intermittent spasms in a certain spot in my neck for a few weeks now. Does anyone know what this means?
>>
My shoulders and elbows pop every time I do push ups and other exercises that use those joints. It doesn't hurt but its annoying. I also do some stretches beforehand it will help but it still feels kinda stiff and pops.

Is there any supplements to take to improve joint health? I already take wild fish oil
>>
What If siri doesn't make a comic this year?
>>
>>39828103
HELP
PLEASE
I have the same waist to hip ratio but I don't know how to get that stomach
>>
>>39828373

Eat less you fat bitch + do sit ups
>>
>>39828377
What bmi is she?currently I'm at 19 bmi and don't have them
>>
I do circuit training with dumbbells at home since the nearest gym is too far away and too expensive for me at the moment.
I always get tired before my 3rd set of each exercise and decide to give up on trying it.
Would doing 60% of my working weight for 10 reps and slowly upping the weight be a good way to give me enough endurance for the third circuit? Or can I make decent gains with 2x8?
>>
>>39828583
Also, when I was packing up my weights, I knelt down and noticed my legs were shaking a bit.
I'm on olanzapine and I hear the tardive dyskinesia is a side effect.
Should I not lift in case my legs go when I'm doing lunges or squats?
>>
how do i get out of a bench if i'm pinned and there's nobody around to help?
>>
Is there a way to estimate 1 rm based on 5x5? For example if I can bench 5x5 with 85 kg what is my 1 rm?
>>
>>39828763
Roll of shame, or dump the weights. I never use clips on bench if i'm lifting alone, alternatively, you can ask for a spot and not have to worry about killing yourself.
>>
I stopped going to the gym for 6 months, now that i am starting again should i try to lift lower weights with higher reps so that it can be fun and not as stressful for my body? That is until my body is getting used to working out again
>>
How do I stay motivated? also how can I make my gf start exercising because desu she's quite chubby she says she's going to start exercising in the new year but she almost exclusively eats fast food for every meal and has no plans to change that so I doubt the level of exercise she'll do will make a difference plus she'll probably give up after a week, how do I make my gf /fit/?
>>
Is ICF 5x5 3 days a week and running 1.5 miles twice a week on off days a good routine? Will the running hamper my gains at all? I was thinking the running will help keep my bf% lowish while I do a dreamer bulk, would 3 miles be better or?
>>
How do you guys stop yourself from eating at night? any tips? inb4 "just don't faggot"
>>
>>39828920
Drink lots of water
No meme
>>
How do I stop wanking so much? If I have a wank it turns into about 5 wanks in a row and before I know it my dicks bleeding, It's like crack to me or some shit. I feel really sad and pathetic afterwards, I wish I didn't have to wank, how can I limit it?
>>
>>39828938
dont fap
>>
>>39825703
Different anon from those two. Just bought a box, price comparable to special k/great grains, stuff with less than 1/2 the protein. Tastes pretty good, has little sugar smack looking things in it which I used to love as a kid. I'd buy it again for sure
>>
>>39828960
Does it actually increase your chances of prostate cancer if you don't? Will I see any negative affects from not wanking and instead just fucking chicks? Will I lose cock size from not regularly exercising it?
>>
>>39828920
I don't know if this helps but I make juice from fruits I have around the house, usually apples and oranges. They fill me up nice, I drink it around 10 pm. Also it's healthy
>>
i get sharp pains in my left forearm when benching.

is it carpal tunnel or forearm splints? what can i do to keep benching?
>>
>>39828980
fuck, I do love juice
>>
>>39828938

it's literally the same mechanics in the brain as a drug addiction.

it's like a drug addict saying, "it'll be okay if i only take 1" but it always leads to 5 anyway.
>>
>>39828904
Bump
>>
>>39828938
Switch to only having a wank after you've accomplished something.
Didn't accomplish anything today? too bad cunt.
Learn a new language or something
>>
I am going on vacation from January 2 to the 7, and can not go to the gym then since the closest gym is ~30 miles away. What are some great at-home exercises?
>>
Will mixed grip deadlifting make my forearms uneven?
Are deadlifts enough for forearm growth?
I want to make up for my tiny bitch wrists
>>
>>39829224
Deadlifts are not an arm exercise.
>>
>>39829233

kill yourself
>>
Perhaps not fitness related but how much weight/pressure can high heels withstand? I've just come back to hotel after a night out in Scotland and Jesus the size of some of these women.
>>
File: 1055685581.jpg (162KB, 720x505px) Image search: [Google]
1055685581.jpg
162KB, 720x505px
>>39829243
your arms are completely straight throughout the entire lift. the strain should be on your lower back and legs.

If you're lifting with your arms during a deadlift you're doing it horribly wrong
>>
>>39829233
>>39829264
try doing deadlifts without using your arms, report back to us after

dumbass
>>
>>39829264

who said you're lifting with your arms?
>>
>>39825368
Probably a vitamin deficiencie desu.

Assuming your form is good and it's not an overuse injury
>>
>>39825813
palms would be straight in line with the wrist; not curled or flexed. I also feel a but of strain on it when i bring the weight down and stop it from making my elbow lock straight.
thats not really the big issue; its more about just doing each rep and feeling strain on the wrist. I was fine 5 lbs ago but not now
>>
Lank skelly here

I have weak as fuck 6.5 inch wrists and long arms. It is affecting my squat already and I've only just started SL. When I row, my hands end up pointing outwards as my arms are too fucking long and wrists too damn weak

How do I improve my wrists/grip to deal with this? I'm going to stall as a result of this soon. It feels like my wrists are going to snap when squatting
>>
>>39829287
the idiot trying to grow his arms, clearly.

>>39829278
reading comprehension much? The arms are completely extended for the entirety of a deadlift. There is no ROM for them. They physically CANNOT rip at a microscopic level and be repaired as they are not being exercised.

jesus christ I hate New Years QTDDTOT
>>
>>39829304
Why are your wrists hurting when you squat? You should have little to no pressure on your arms as a whole, the weight should be on your back.
>>
>>39829333
you're just dumb, sorry

do you think the shoulders and arms aren't worked during a squat, too? your arms grip the bar and hold the weight, of course they're getting worked
>>
>>39825022
Wrist wraps worked for me. Try that or don't try at all, you don't want fucked up wrists for your life.
>>
>>39829358
you're not going to grow your arms from a deadlift, they're not the focus on the exercise.

Keep trying by all means, but you're going to be disappointed with the results.
>>
>>39829349

I'm doing it like Rippetoe says with low bar and everything tight as possible
>>
>>39825466
Just go for the 1 rep maxes now to join the 1k club. That's what I plan to do. I'd also stop lifting for strength at that point and start lifting volume.
>>
>>39829358
Shut the fuck up you're going to confuse people.

That's like saying your arms get worked when you run, because they're pumping at your side. Oh and you burn calories when you watch Netflix because you have to breath and blink and scratch your balls.
>>
>>39829382
You're trying to hold the weight with your hands rather than your back. It's a common enough issue. Relax your hands/wrists a bit for now to focus on 100% of he weight resting on the groove of your back. Once you get that down you can tighten back up
>>
File: 1458692739637.png (248KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458692739637.png
248KB, 540x540px
I have two questions: Is skinnyfat a meme? Isn't that like saying whiteblack (gray), or hotcold (warm)? Sounds retarded. What color is your car? Blueyellow. Seriously though, as a former skelly, should I just permabulk for life? I've been stuffing my face since october, and it feels fucking fantastic.
>Tfw the food in your stomach expands your ribcage
I accompany it with heavy lifting five days a week, and so far have gained almost no fat.
>>
>>39829224
Just switch your grip up every other workout or set. Like use your right hand supinated one workout and left the next. Even if you don't the difference will be tiny though.
>>
>>39829449
Skinnyfat implies you have a small amount of muscle mass and a pot belly
>>
>>39829004
>>39829060
Good ideas guys thanks.
>>
>>39829431

I am using thumbless grip and trying to balance bar on my lower traps. Only problem is I don't actually have any traps yet as I'm so skinny

As the reps progress, it gets worse. My hands begin to bend backwards
>>
>>39828904
Bump
>>
>>39829449
Expands your rib cage. You are retarded. Anyway skinnyfat just refers to people who are low weight AND low muscle ... so you look skinny in clothes but are soft and flabby to the touch. Everyone wants to know should they bulk or cut first if they skinnyfat and the answer is just pick one and DO IT. If you're not bothered about aesthetics then bulk, if you're self conscious about looking fatmode then cut first, either way you need to be lifting at least 3x a week
>>
>>39829478
Like I said you're trying to hold the weight up with your hands. Otherwise why would they be bending backwards? Widen your grip on the bar and relax it. Only hold the bar with your back, your hands can help balance but not hold it up. Lower the weight if necessary.
>>
>>39829502

ok thanks anon
>>
>>39829449
I bulked and ended up fat but got stronger, which I'm sure could've also happened if I cut. I chose to bulk because I was tired of looking so skelly. It's all up to your personal goals
>>
I bought some bodyfat calipers but I have trouble pinching skin, especially on areas like my quad. Am I too fat for calipers or is this a common problem? I'm not obese or anything, BMI is only 20.
>>
File: 1478768964628.jpg (35KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1478768964628.jpg
35KB, 569x506px
Are calisthenics a meme? Can i get muscle volume with them?
>>
>>39829482
>overeating expands ribcage
>thinking thjs is retarded
you've obviously never been a skelly
>>
>>39829333
So, by your logic farmers walks don't work the forearms either?
You are literally holding a weight with extended arms.
>>
>>39825215
yes but >higher calisthenics reps for what purpose?
>>
>>39825649
My man, great macros and fiber. Tasty too.
>>
>>39828904
Bump, please answer guys
>>
For anyone who has intermittent fasting, how was it for you?

I'm just been doing my macros with high/low days but I felt like I wanted that extra push.
>>
how many days without training for muscles to start losing strenght? gym closed 27 and only opens 3th ;_;
>>
Alright guys, newbie here. I have been doing lifts for a few weeks, and today I tried a new exercise called the concentration curl, and for the first time since I've been lifting I could feel as my muscle work as I lifted, usually I just lift until my arms can't lift anymore, I stop and the next day I feel a bit hurt in the muscle area, but today I could feel my bicep working and now they feel huge, like I don't know, I cant' explain like, they are boosted, is that normal?
>>
>>39825106
>How can i know if im eating enough food to gain weight?

by knowing your maintenance calorie level and eating more calories than that.

there are a bunch of calculators on line but you generally are going to have to eat more than 3000 for quick

>What should i eat to gain weight fast?

carbs(rice bread comfort foods) and protons(meats and beans), gotta get that nutch in so eat veggies too. drink a glass or two of milk a day.
>>
>>39829705
You're fine, just keep eating
You'll be a bit out of practice though, so start with a light deload
>>
I want to go from skinnyfat to bulk to fit. I plan to consume 500g of chicken breast every day.

Any health concern about it?
>>
>>39829704
You'll need to have a lot of willpower if you do it. I did 16/8 (fasted/eating window) and got all my cals for the day before and after working out. It's hard if you go out to eat with peeps and you're doing IF since they'll think you're torturing yourself for not eating. Drink water all the time. I would say it definitely helps you stick with your goal of losing weight, if that's your intention, because you need to not eat for however much time you set.
>>
>>39829829
I want to do it as this year I would like to get into meal prepping just to be strict, I like my improvements in my body this last year, I feel I want to push it one step further. Just trying to find out where to read up on how to stay meal prep, I'm sure once I begin it'll be easy it's just that initial starting it.
>>
Really gotten into the fit life in the last couple of months. I want to work off my own programme, does someone mind directing me to a resource that explains what exercises are best for an aesthetics centered goal?/The fuundamental concepts behind training for aesthetics?
>>
>>39829619
you can build muscle with calisthenics, but you need to do most of the movements weighted, bodyweight won't cut it after a while, you might as well just lift.
>>
what's the deciding factor on loose skin?
>>
>>39829894
I'm not looking to get huge to be honest, atm i'm kind of a skelly and poor so i can't waste money on a gym and i thought maybe this way i could get SOME volume but i talked to a guy and he told me they only gave you strenght, no volume
>>
>>39825602
How do I git gud at swimming? What's the point of flip turns anyway?
Is swimming enough purely by itself to get /fit/? What's the best stroke/method or should I alternate?
How many reps should I be aiming for and should I go nonstop?
Well you did say AMA
>>
>>39829931
>How do I git gud at swimming?
flap your arms in a way that you don't drown

>Is swimming enough purely by itself to get /fit/?
swimming is low strain high intensity cardio that tones most of the muscles in your body if you do it right, great for burning fat but not building muscle.

>How many reps should I be aiming for and should I go nonstop?
as many as you feel comfortable with at first, try half an hour nonstop and see if you can get there. if you can increase time.
>>
>>39825069
as long as its a 500-1000kcal surplus on what you should be eating everyday to maintain your weight. 2000kcal is enough if you're like a 90 lbs 13 year old girl.
>>
how can I tell if my squat and barbell row form is correct without looking to the side in the mirror without asking for help from the average cardio bunny that is at my gym.
>>
>>39830019
also should my back hurt at all from barbell rows or squats
>>
Should i switch away from SS when Cutting?

I have been doing 3 Months of SS after doing bro-splits and I'm generally happy with this kind of heavy-compund program, but I need to cut soon and have the suspicion that i won't be able to keep that kind of training up when cutting.
Do any of you know alternative programs similar to SS but doable on a Cut or should i just reduce the intensity while cutting?
>>
How tf do i go about making a routine (brosplit).
Should legs be on their own day? Chest/Back together as one? Everything separate? Ty.
>>
I went to do power cleans yesterday and on my second set, I got a sharp pain right below my left pinky joint on the palm side. It only lasted for about about minute, so I was able to continue the workout, but it's still hurt to push on the area since.

Should I worry about this any? I was using hook grip if that helps give perspective
>>
>>39830076
did you catch the bar with your left hand instead of your shoulders/upper arms?
>>
is there a problem with hypertrophy without a strength base?

all I could find on it was that it doesn't allow you to do supersets, which isn't something I'm interested in

if my main goal is to build muscle, surely it's logical?
>>
>>39829294
dang, guess i'm the one not reading your post
i thought you were talking about benching because that's where i felt strain on my wrists back when i was working out
forget the palm thing entirely then
>>
>>39830168
Doing lots of reps and sets with lightweights will build you very little muscle
>>
>>39830049
Unless you compound lifts are at a respectable weight then don't build your routine. Do a beginners program
>>
>>39830019
>>39830029

If your back hurts (and i don't mean your b ack-muscles) then slow down a bit with the weights and try to record your self with your phone - lean it against your bottle or something.
If I had to guess I would say your back rounds too much during squat/rows and that's why it hurts afterwards
>>
>>39830034
When you're cutting your only goal should be to maintain the intensity of your lifts. You will not be upping the weight on a cut. But you will try very hard to maintain it.
>>
>>39829808
don't forget the veggies, otherwise it worked for me.
But if you want to bulk chicken breast may not be optimal as it is really filling and doesn't have many calories, maybe switch it up with some fattier meats if you want to gain weight.
>>
I thought egg whites were supposed to be full of protein??
I'm looking at the carton of egg whites i got, and the shit is 5/50g of protein, wtf??
by these measurements it would take me 45 fucking egg whites (1500g) to reach my daily protein requirement of 140g
>>
>>39830245
the rest is water, so at least it won't be as much after frying
>>
>>39826228
Guys?
>>
>>39830262
it's still 45 fucking egg whites
how is that considered a high protein source?
>>
File: Rounding.png (13KB, 2084x838px) Image search: [Google]
Rounding.png
13KB, 2084x838px
>>39830216
So I have to sacrifice leg gains to make sure my back gets it's proper gains and doesn't die?

is rounding pic related and how is the best way to avoid it while getting to parallel if you have a huge gut.
>>
>>39827306
Barbell or dumbell?
>>
>>39825022
>holding a pizza box
Are you even trying to make it?
>>
>>39825003
newbie, started going to gym 3 weeks ago. following SS.
Still doing squats and bench with barbell only (no weights)

My problem is I get too fatigued after exercise. The next day, I can't do anything. Lethargic and exhausted.

I have had a very sedentary lifestyle which I am trying to change, but december was off for me. Next month, when I resume my job, I will probably quit gym again. Any supplements which may help my recovery?
I do drink 2 scoops of protein shake post workout.
>>
Starting on SL 5x5 since I now have a squat rack and a barbell + weights (was just working with dumbbells and an EZ-curl bar before). Unfortunately I won't have a bench until the end of next week. Is there anything I can do to replace bench presses until my bench comes in?
>>
>>39830394
you sleeping enough? aim for 8 hours
drink more water if you're not already, maybe consider upping your carbs if they're low
if those are covered, up the calories or protein a bit
>>
why the fuck are squats so hard? i'n only at 77.5kg and every rep is a fucking grind, even on my first set, i've already tried deloading FUCK ME why am i so weak i want to die etc

will the weight ever feel lighter? :((((((
>>
>>39830459
where does it hurt?
>will the weight ever feel lighter
yes soon you will do a warm up with 1pl8
>>
What accessories do you recommend to add volume in SS?
>>
Whats the best way to pop zits behind the ears and in the nose if you have big hands?
>>
>>39830486
by cleaning your face multiple times a day and eating less greasy food retard.
>>
File: skwats.jpg (93KB, 808x459px) Image search: [Google]
skwats.jpg
93KB, 808x459px
>>39830295
some people round the lower back outwards when standing up because they move their hips first and then "deadlift" to get their back straight, what you drew is called hyperextension afaik. Try using a wider stance, toes pointed around 30-45degrees outwards (pic related)
>>
>>39829931
The original guy that asked the question here.

>Git gud
Stroke power+knowing how to stroke correctly+stroke speed

>Getting /fit/
You can get ottermode from just swimming, but most people lift on the side to get bigger gains

>Best stroke
Front crawl is my preferred stroke, but if you really want a workout, you swim the butterfly stroke

>How many reps
Depends on the length of your arms

>Nonstop
Depends on your level of swimming.Try swimming continously for 32 laps(1 mile) in under 45 minutes if you want a small test of your skill.
>>
>>39830470
for what purpose? If SS feels like you're not doing enough in the gym increase the weight instead of volume
>>
>>39830512
boy that looks about 10billion times easier, I was always yelled at in highschool for not keeping my legs parallel at shoulder width.
>>
Do your the knee joint also make sound when you squat?
>>
>>39830538
who
>>
File: dog.jpg (43KB, 680x606px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
43KB, 680x606px
>pic related bites ur ankle
>"grrrr gimme ur wallet faggot"
wat do
>>
>>39830545
Everyone on this thread. Those cracking sounds scare the shit out of me
>>
>>39830552
give it the wallet
>>
File: CHy1dTM.jpg (216KB, 792x1460px) Image search: [Google]
CHy1dTM.jpg
216KB, 792x1460px
Why do I look pregnant? It's tight and not flabby. Been trying to bulk.
>>
Is it possible to get too big for normie standards while being natty ? Last time I met up with people I havent seen in a while I felt kinda awkward because compared to them I am a fucking beast. I guess it goes away once I cut down (currently 15% bf) but atm I feel like a freak when I wear tight clothes and am around normal people.
>>
I have a question about how calories work. If my target is 1700/day, and I only eat 700 today, does that mean I can drink 1000 worth of calories tommorow and still be on target because of the deficit? Or will I still go over because its a new day?

Does a calorie deficit "roll" onto the next day or does it refresh each day? I've got a party at college tommorow.
>>
>>39830611
just do whatever you want anon. drinking is a great way to have fun.
>>
>>39830611
if your target is 1700/day then eating 700 one day and 2700 the next day is the equivalent of eating 1700 on both days. it's not broscience, it's actual science
>>
>>39830129
No. The catches were fine. I'm thinking I tweaked it on the release as I try and stabilize the bar as it bounces on the platform
>>
>>39830639

So its OK then? That's cool.
>>
>>39830603
t. manlet who's been lifting for 6 months and finally has some newb gainz

you're probably tiny as fuck dude but enjoy this time before body dysmorphia has fully set in
>>
Over the last month and a half I have been cutting on 1.500kcal. Went pretty well and I lost about 8kg, although doing my basic dumbbell routine just to not lose too much LM has been much harder to do.

However, in the last 2 weeks I have been feeling quite dizzy whenever I sit up or even when just doing everyday stuff. My blood pressure is 127/67 at 85bpm. When I was on a small surplus and lifting more intensely it was 125/72 at 87bpm, so not much of a change. Any thoughts what may be causing the dizziness? I take care to eat enough protein and fats and supplement my vitamins and minerals.
>>
>>39830534
different stances train focus different muscles
read the squat-chapter in starting strength, it helps understanding die diffence between low-bar/high-bar and narrow/wide stance
>>
>>39830611
"calories per day" is an arbitrary unit. it's used because most humans usually follow a similar sleep schedule ie sleep once every 24 hours and spend the rest of the time doing stuff.
the truth is you're constantly burning calories all the time, even when sleeping. eating at a 1000cal deficit one day and a 1000cal surplus the next day will cancel each other out. you will actually gain weight when you eat the surplus the next day but the gain will be cancelled out by the loss on the previous day. so if your weight loss prediction is a linear graph then this event will be slight deviations from the line but at the end of the second day you will be back on the line
>>
File: received_787234764682838.jpg (72KB, 603x597px) Image search: [Google]
received_787234764682838.jpg
72KB, 603x597px
Should I lift with DOMS or should I wait to fully recover, even if it takes days?
>>
File: 14562416322880.jpg (103KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14562416322880.jpg
103KB, 500x500px
I'm 18 and 5'6'' Am i fucked?
>>
>>39830671
Nevermind, googled around. It's probably hypoglycemia. Although I eat about 100g of mostly complex carbs, should I completely eliminate them or up it slightly to get my blood sugar more stable?
>>
>>39830451

I am this guy>>39830394

I actually have trouble going to bed after gym day. Too thirsty and then too frequent pee are part of the problem. remaining part, dunno.

I drink 4 liters of water a day atleast.

will up food - calories, protein
>>
>>39830839
You lift with DOMS. Unless you suspect it's something else like tendonitis.
>>
>>39825003
http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/the-female-training-bible-everything-you-need-to-get-the-sexy-body-you-desire.html
What do you think of this plan lads?
>>
My elbow hurts when I fully supinate my hand. It feels like tennis elbow, but it is probably forearm tendonitis, right?
>>
>>39830466
it doesn't hurt per se, but every rep is a grind, and i'm not sure if it should feel like that
>>
>>39830866
if you've already gone through puberty then yeah. depends on the individual
>>
>>39830920
Squats are difficult, especially as they're relatively heavy. Just gotta keep at it
>>
>>39825003
Anyone here have experience with returning to working out after spinal fusion? I've got 24 screws in my spine now, so I'm pretty sure all the big compounds are off the cards for at least a year.
>>
>>39830908
>Emphasizing box jumps so much can be trouble for fatties or sedentary people.
>Split squats are probably not the best for someone just starting to lift.
>Most people are probably not going to be able to do ab-roll-outs after a couple weeks.
>Doing kettlebell swing before deadlifts is a bad idea.
>Telling people to rest about the same amount of time for 5X5 compounds and 3X8-12 accessories is stupid.
>Advice on progression is spotty.
>Advice to cut down on rest times to turn lifting into cardio is downright retarded.
>"If you weigh 135 pounds, you would aim to eat approximately 135 grams of protein." No, just no.
>No advice on fat intake.
>Recommending low carb on a 5 day + cardio routine for beginners. Fuck no.
>Ectomorph, endomorph pseudo science. Instant sign of pseudo-science.
>Saying that just because most people are shit at calorie counting that it is a pointless thing to do.
>Recommending BCAAs.
It's not as bad as some fitness articles in mags like Cosmo or shit, but it's still far from knowledgeable advice.
>>
is nutrition a meme?
all you need is calories and protein, right?
>>
>>39831024
calories and protein are part of nutrition you idiot
>>
>>39831024
Try just living on protein and low quality calories. See how great you'll feel in a couple of months.
>>
>>39831042
>low quality calories
>this is what nutrition shills actually believe
top kek friendo
>>
Do I need to do cardio? Like running and such. I'm loving lifting, its enjoyably difficult, but pure cardio always makes me feel like throwing up (literally a few times). This is after 2 months of going to the gym 4 times a week, 3 for lifting and 1 for cardio.
>>
>>39828882
anyone?
>>
>>39831080
By low quality I mean getting your calories mostly from simple carbs and stuff full of saturated fats. Little vitamins and minerals. Poor amino ratios, little fiber etc. I'm sorry, I didn't realize you're so retarded you need basic shorthands spelled out for you.
>>
>>39831121
This isn't /adv/ or Cosmo. If she is a lazy, gluttonous piece of shit and isn't open to the idea of changing then either tolerate it or drop her.
>>
>>39831127
>poor amino ratios
>>
>>39831165
>A complete protein (or whole protein) is a source of protein that contains an adequate proportion of all nine of the essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans or other animals."
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_protein

You're either a complete retard or trolling in a QTDDTOT thread, either way: kys.
>>
>>39831012
Yeah, I noticed some of the pseudosciencey bull, wasnt sure about the routine. All the things you pointed out do make sense.
So I guess I should just put my lifting begginer gf on SS with hammer curls, tricep pulldowns and assisted chin-ups, eh?
>>
>>39831204
No experience with females lifting, but yeah a basic beginner routine with some core and maybe arm accessories is the way to go. Maybe up reps slightly, like 3X8 instead of 3X5.
>>
People say a 2pl8 squat is easy and they get it within their first month of training, but at my gym I never see anyone squat that weight, I've seen a handful of people squat over 2pl8 and some guy was squatting a little over 3pl8 a couple of days ago.

I'm asking because i've been stuck at around 80kg for a while now and i'm unsure of what to do, I've tried deloading but the weight still feels really heavy, is it possible to do a high bar squat with a wider stance? Sort of like a cross between a low bar and high bar? I'm currently doing squats with a fairly narrow stance and it doesn't seem to be helping much, I always go atg but I have a weird pain on the left side of my hip that radiates down my leg after an ATG session, and I know for certain that I have buttwink, I guess my anatomy just doesn't allow for ass to grass squats without lower back rounding which is a shame.
>>
I have zero idea if I'm actually improving at all when it comes to looking like I lift.
I was (or maybe still am) a 6'2ft spooky skeleton, I have found that my lifts have improved over time, I started literally benching the bar alone now I can do 70kg, 4 sets, 8 reps each. Not impressive but its a serious improvement over my starting 20kg bench.
However I've always had issues with my body and looking like a spooky skeleton.

My main issue is the people I go to the gym with have all been lifting for years so I never get a good reply when I ask how well I'm improving, they just say whatever I'm doing is baby weight, thanks to this I have no fucking clue If I'm progressing decently.

What should I do? I really enjoy lifting but I don't want to be forever stuck looking like I don't workout.
>>
>>39831184
I majored in biochem. I know what you meant but "Poor amino ratios" is a stupid thing to say in and of itself. The only protein source (i.e. foods that have more than only a few grams of protein per serving) that has incomplete proteins are legumes anyway.
>>
>>39831273
>I never see anyone squat that weight
>I've seen a handful of people squat over 2pl8 and some guy was squatting a little over 3pl8 a couple of days ago.
Most people at the gym don't know what the fuck they're doing and as you said, some people do squat heavy.

> on the left side of my hip
Which hip? Right or left?
If you use a very narrow stance that pain is probably down to your adductors or abductors.

> I have buttwink, I guess my anatomy just doesn't allow for ass to grass squats without lower back rounding which is a shame.
A reasonable amount of butt-wink is not that big of a deal. Don't let yourself get memed. Unless you're a freak or have serious injuries, your anatomy isn't the problem, it's your stance/form.

Also, squats feel heavy even at small portions of your 1RM. I can rep out 405 and still get slightly queasy when doing 315.

>>39831285
If your lifts are improving: you're looking better. Unless you're very fat. Some gains regarding your lifts are down to improved technique and CNS efficiency: But going from benching 20kg to 70kg is impossible without gaining a decent amount of muscle.
>>
>>39831312
>I majored in biochem.
No you didn't. Or it is such an obvious diploma mill that they didn't teach you anything about nutrition if you think the only thing that matters is eating enough protein and getting enough calories.

>"Poor amino ratios" is a stupid thing to say in and of itself.
Yeah, pointing out that you might have less benefit from the protein you eat because there is a bottleneck is such a fucking idiotic thing to say. If you mean the phrase "poor amino ratios," then what the fuck are you on about: The ratios of the essential amino acids in such foods are off ie. poor, bad, sub-optimal.

>The only protein source (i.e. foods that have more than only a few grams of protein per serving) that has incomplete proteins are legumes anyway.
Most nuts, grains and vegetables. Meat products bulked up with plant matter or collagen.
>>
>>39825003
Should I switch off LP if OHP and bench are stalling but Squat and DL are still increasing
>>
>>39831558
Upper body usually stalls before lower body. Use smaller increments or rep progression and up volume until squats and deads stall too.
>>
>>39829929
Go to the bodyweightfitness subreddit and search for "progress"

You'll get an idea what calisthenics can do for you in one year.
>>
How to push myself to program when I'm lazy?
>>
File: IMG_1739.jpg (24KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1739.jpg
24KB, 500x472px
Hey /fit/, I've been lifting for the last 5 months or so and I have a dilema. I spent the first 2 months of my lifting carreer cutting with cardio mixed in as well to drop from 200 to 177lbs (I'm 6'2"). The 3 months after that have been a controlled bulk back up to 187 pounds. My lifts have gone up a lot since I started as a DYEL, even if they are crappy when compared to others.

How long should I bulk before I can cut for aesthetics? I dont feel like gaining any more weight, but I don't want to cut and look like a DYEL. What do?
>>
Skinnyfat with a 'home gym.' And by home gym I mean two adjustable dumbbells and a bench. Not sure how closely I can really follow SS, I'm not looking to get big, but as far as I know, to escape this skinnyfat hell, I'm going to have to get big first then cut down. That said, I'm not so sure how to tackle putting together a routine, especially with home gym. I think I have the pieces, just not the order to put them together. I was thinking of doing dumbbell presses, overhead dumbbell presses, goblet squats, planks, and pushups. I'm missing out on deadlifts with this, though, and it just feels incomplete in general. Can anyone give me some guidance? Thanks in advance.
>>
i fucked up my knees (make popping sounds and feel unstable) doing lungs 5 months ago, and got tests done but nothing came up.

They still get very irritated and painful when I try and squat or run for any distance really. Has anyone had this issue?
>>
I don't eat dairy and I rarely eat meat other than chicken.

What can I eat to make sure I'm getting enough vitamin B12? I don't like the idea of soy milk because I don't want bitch tits
>>
Can knock knees or valgus knee issue be fixed I have issues trying to squat.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.