[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>doing a full body routine and hitting chest/shoulders, legs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 00aa.jpg (11KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
00aa.jpg
11KB, 247x247px
>doing a full body routine and hitting chest/shoulders, legs and back 3 times a week
>doing a faggot brosplit eg PPLPPLx and only hitting those body parts twice a week

why are brosplitters so fucking gay and retard?
>>
Full body is where it's at anon. People look at me crazy when I squat and go to bench or over head press after.
>>
>>39823543
>t. noob lifter
>>
>>39823543
>doing full body routine
>only doing one exercise per muscle group
>no gains
>jealous of beefy bros doing infinitely superior PPL
>mfw
>>
>>39823753
Beefy bros get 1/2/3/4 when
>>
>>39823673
I'm gonna start full body soon and I was wondering whats the best way to balance it? I was thinking maybe 3 heavy compounds and 3 or 4 accessories. One of my friends goes into the gym and does squats, deads, OHP, pull ups, bench and rows in that order 4 times a week and he's strong as hell but that seems like a bit too much for me. Any advice appreciated.
>>
>>39823775
This is not a lot of volume on fullbody. If you're going for strength that would probably be sufficient, especially if you vary the accessories to focus some muscles more on each day. But if you're going for size, either add a fuck load more accessories, or ditch the fullbody
>>
>>39823805
I see.
Give me an example of one of your volume days.
Maybe I'll do 2 heavy days and 1 volume day, or would that be retarded?
>>
>>39823805
this

or spend 9hrs in the gym
>>
Strength training intrests me more than hypertrophy. That's why I do full body workouts.
>>
>>39823871
>I'm already an ugly fag, an Aesthetic body is no use for me
>>
>>39823847

Personally I ditched full body a few months ago and have been really happy, because I can do a lot more in each session.

Full body is good for building a base of strength, but, to be quite honest, I wish I had ditched it for something closer to PPL sooner

if you're gonna divide it, 2 heavy 1 volume can work, it's just that, the volume day might be LONG as fuck. I like to do multiple exercises for each muscle, normally 4-5 sets, which can mean easily 15 sets for each muscle. If you;re doing fullbody, you're gonna be in gym for a week for just one session lol.

You could just choose the muscles you want to work, so, for example, lets say you wanna do fullbody, but one day focus chest and tris on top

You could do:

Deadlift 3x5
Squat 5x5
Bench press 4x8-12
Incline dumbell press 3x8-12
Pec fly 4x8-12
Tricep push-downs 3x10-12
Skullcrushers 3x8-12

this'll probably be a long workout, but you could do this, and then change which muscles you focus on a given day, so do this chest, then do a leg volume day, then back, etc.
>>
>>39823905
Thanks for the info my man.
>>
>>39823919
Np buddy. This could definitely work, and you'd probably get some sick strength and size gains, so long as you can commit ~2 hours in the gym.

I can give you back / legs volume day plans as well if you need.

Otherwise, ur gonna make it bro
>>
>>39823941
Keep the routines coming mang.
Also, if you don't have ring dips on your chest focus day you're missing out.
>>
>>39823774
After they fuck you're oneitis
>>
>>39823967
Ring dips ey? Will be giving those a go on my next chest day, cheers bro.

As for back focused fullbody I'd do something like this:

Deadlift 5x5
Squat 5x5
Benchpress 3x8-12
Lat pull downs 4x8-12
Lat pull down alternate grip* 4x8-12
Low Row 3x8-12
Face pulls (love these) 4x8-12
Shrugs (maybe superset with deadlifts) 5x10-15

*(for alternate grip, you can do underhand, like a chinup, or, I prefer to do parallel grip with this handle, which you touch to your chest: http://www.myhomefitness.ie/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/close-grip-low-row-handle.jpg)

For leg focused day:

Dead lift 3x5
Benchpress 4x8-12
Squat 5x5
Leg Press 4x8-12
Lunges 4x8-10
Seated calf raises 4x10-15
Hamstring curls 3x8-12

It's a lot of volume, but I think that's what full body often lacks, so this should treat you better aesthetically!
>>
>>39824045
Thanks senpai.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.