[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>how do I get git at confidence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gskldhgdfhlkgd.png (84KB, 235x250px)
gskldhgdfhlkgd.png
84KB, 235x250px
>wanna get /fit/
>practice squat form at home
>feel like I know what I need to do
>want to try it with a bar so I better understand
>go to local 24 hour fitness gym at 12:20 to try my form
>12 dudes all in the back ridiculously ripped
>I'm the lone fat fuck
>literally stare at squat machine
>too afraid that I will fuck up and get thrown out for failing to do a proper squat
>leave the gym 4 minutes after coming in

How did you niggers do it? How do you overcome that fear? I want the gains but I lack the courage.
>>
>>39815715
go at like 3-4 AM. everyone went through the same shit for the first time. just start squatting, nobody cares. don't forget to record yourself to see your form.

and from my experience, those ripped guys are usually very friendly so don't be afraid to ask for form advice or spot.
>>
>>39815715
just be yourself :^)
>>
>>39815715
>>39815735
no dont go at 3-4 am go at normie hours like 5-6pm when the gym is full. This is the way to get confident and remember noone cares how you do the exercises noone even knows you are there, just lift man you are doing it for yourself.
>>
>>39815715
go there, ask them if one of them might want to spot because its your first time doing it

at least one of them will be a nice guy and help you
>>
>>39815754
for the first time it's better to go when gym is empty so you can take as much time as possible to get the form down and not be pressured by hordes of people asking you if they can work in and then stand behind you waiting
>>
>>39815715
Just ask them for advice. They are more than willing to give advice. Nothing is a bigger confidence/motivation boost than stranger asking for advice because that is a sure sign of making it.
>>
>>39815715
Most people at the gym are nice. You can kinda tell if someone are unhelpful dudebros (they're louder, train with similar friends, only train bench and arms, and from the general atmosphere around them), but most people are very happy to help you out.
>>
>>39815735
Going when nobody is around is good until you feel comfortable enough with your firm and everything then you will feel way better around others
>>
File: 5164XM4R30L.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5164XM4R30L.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>39815715
Get a pair of headphones and tune out with some good music

I recommend this album for maximum gains
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.