[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big guy wants to stay big but get muscle instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: sergi constance.jpg (50KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
sergi constance.jpg
50KB, 640x960px
I'm 5'11, 220 lbs. My body fat is like 25% ish. My mom started exercising recently and she asked if I wanted to start since I was getting fat, so I thought about it and I think I'll go for it.

I was reading for the past week through forums, and basically weights are the best way to build muscle, and cardio is the best way to lose fat, however, I want to keep my overall frame size, so I am going to do cardio to get my stamina up, however not so much as to burn all the size I have. Instead I'll focus more on weights, maybe something like 60/40 or 70/30 weights/cardio. Is this okay?

Some people also said to have some type of body goal in mind, decide if you want to be skinny or big, and what kind of look you want, a toned look, or a body builder type look, and work towards that.

I personally want a body builder type look, so I want to be "big", because I like the feeling of it right now. People step out of the way in public, they make eye contact then look away, I like the intimidating part of it.

Anyways, just want some feedback on my plan of doing more weights than cardio, is perhaps 2 days of cardio a week and 3 days of weights good, or should I do 2 days of cardio and 4 days of weights? How much time should I spend per day exercising? I have free time for the next 4 months, so basically no duties to tend to, which is why I could dedicate like 12 hours a day if I wanted to and could muster the energy to. However that might not be healthy, or it may be, I don't know. Is 6 hours dangerous? 3? 1?

Sorry for the noobish questions, I just need some quick and dirty answers.

Pic related is my "goal" type of body

> How long should I work out / day if I want to "get big" like pic related

> Is doing more weights than cardio (70/30) for example, "okay"?

> How many months/years would it take to achieve pic related?
>>
to all the newfags : this is bait
>>
>>39813220

Uhm, nope. Not bait.
>>
it shouldn't take more than 2 years if you are dedicated. believe in yourself.
>>
>>39813235

Alright thanks, so after the two years all I really have to do is workout to maintain it right, unless I decide I want to get even larger?
>>
>>39813252
yes. at that point you should consider using creatine and BCAAs to get bigger. every little bit counts.
>>
>>39813211
kek i looked better than that after 4 months of lifting, and i hit the natty limit at about 6 months
>>
>>39813352

What does natty mean?
>>
>>39813331

Ah I see.

Are there any supplements I should look into buying now, especially with Christmas sales?

Is there anything for gaining stamina or more energy during my workouts? I guess it's called pre-workout?
>>
File: 3(2).jpg (95KB, 1080x917px) Image search: [Google]
3(2).jpg
95KB, 1080x917px
>>39813352
>i hit the natty limit at about 6 months
either this is bait or you're unbelievably dyel
really hope it's the former, but it's probably both
>>
File: 1480805588538.jpg (1MB, 3312x4040px) Image search: [Google]
1480805588538.jpg
1MB, 3312x4040px
>>39813352
>and i hit the natty limit at about 6 months
>>
>>39813966
>>39813983

What is natty? And what is the natty limit?
>>
>>39814018
it's not even new years man....
>>
>>39814018
there is no such thing as the natty limit. it's all in your head. human potential is unlimited. don't let them convince you otherwise. UNLIMITED GAINZ
>>
>>39814062

So natty is just the amount of gains you can get without going to steroids?
>>
>>39814042

What do you mean?
>>
bump, I'm in OP's position as well sort of
>>
>>39813211
>I was reading for the past week through forums, and basically weights are the best way to build muscle, and cardio is the best way to lose fat

Stopped reading here. You are an overthinking faggot that didnt read the stiky, read the fucking sticky and just lift weights.
>>
>>39813211
>I'm 5'11, 220 lbs. My body fat is like 25% ish.
So you have an FFMI of over 23. And without ever lifting weights before. You're the one that should be giving us advice. (Spoiler: You're way higher than 25%.)

>People step out of the way in public, they make eye contact then look away, I like the intimidating part of it.
>5'11''.
>22lbs
>"25%bf"
>intimidating
Hahaha, sorry mate didn't realize this was bait.
>>
File: bait.rage.jpg (13KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
bait.rage.jpg
13KB, 224x225px
>>39813211
>My mom started exercising recently and she asked if I wanted to start since I was getting fat, so I thought about it and I think I'll go for it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.