[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT -- Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 40

File: 1471306423622.jpg (428KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
1471306423622.jpg
428KB, 1350x900px
QTDDTOT -- Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Should I lift with a cold or will that affect my recovery?
>>
Is there any downside to pressing in a straight line when dumbbell benching/pressing? I notice some people do it an arc (weights almost touching at top) and some guys do it in a linear line.
>>
Does it make any difference if I breathe through my mouth or nose when running?
Mouth feels more natural but a friend of mine told me to breathe through my nose, but is that actually any good?
>>
>>39812807
Intense training lowers immune function. If you are going to exercise, keep it light to moderate in intensity/duration, as this will assist in immune function.
>>
>>39813003
Breathing through the nose is healthier at a resting respiratory rate. During exercise...it may be difficult to get enough air, so the mouth I would say is better just to prevent having to lower the intensity to accommodate.
>>
>>39812981
I never seen to get anything out of db press unless I touch and squeeze the dbs together at the top of the lift. You'll get more pec work if you do it in an arc and mostly tricep if straight.
>>
When can I hop off of a beginner routine (doing reddit ppl) and go into something intermediate?
170 lbs @ 5'9", losing weight as I am a fatfuck
OHP: 110 5x5
Bench: 145 5x5
Squat: 235 5x5
Deadlift: 285 1x5

Should I wait until bench is around 180, squat is around 300, and deadlift is nearing 400?
>>
>>39812981
The function of the pec is to adduct the humerus in a position of shoulder flexion...so the arc adds more of an adduction element to the primarily shoulder flexion movement that is the db bench. The problem is, the force curve is such that there is less tension as you approach the end range...to keep constant tension on the pecs you would need to stop short of touching the dbs together.
>>
>>39813066
Stay on a beginner routine until you stop making regular lift increases. The proper pace for this should be outlined in your routine.

So if you're still able to add 5 lbs every week stay on it. If you're only adding 5 a month switch.
>>
>>39813066
you stop doing beginner routines when you stop making gains on them not when you reach magic numbers. Beginner programs are the best and fastest way to make gains
>>
File: 1481699394428.webm (3MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481699394428.webm
3MB, 640x640px
I'm wanting to develop better overall athleticism, and have been doing some Max Shank reading ( https://www.t-nation.com/training/total-athleticism-the-workout )

I'm just wondering if training protocols like this can be incorporated with more standard strength routines like 5/3/1. I'm still in the beginner stages for strength and cardio training (SS with accessories, and couch to 5k) so I won't be doing this for awhile, but I'd like to get an idea of how I should start planning things.
>>
>>39813088
>>39813094
At this point I can't seem to linearly progress, but all my numbers still seem very low for me to switch.
Should I even bother switching when I'm cutting?
>>
How do I tell the difference between the fat and extra skin on my disgusting body?
>>
reverse pyramid training.

I'm reading kinobody.
Is this training a meme?
>>
File: dom.jpg (68KB, 550x399px) Image search: [Google]
dom.jpg
68KB, 550x399px
What workout plan should someone who's just stalled on SS get onto in order to achieve Dom? Pic obviously related, but not necessarily him at his best.
>>
After making some gains my rotator cuff has been an ongoing issue the past month. Limited my routine lately and now just flat out taking time off. Other than stretching and light exercise for my cuff, should I just wait?
>>
>>39813100
Are you not able to linearly progress because you're cutting or because you need a new routine? How long have you been doing this?
>>
>>39813135
Some kind of PPL minus the L.
>>
>>39813121
somewan
>>
Can I continue lifting with a chronic anal fissure?

serious question
>>
>>39812807
For future reference: The title of the thread goes in the subject field, makes it easier to find in the catalog and makes it look like this isn't your first day on 4chan.

>>39813100
The obvious answer is to eat more if you want to progress, if you want to cut more than anything then either maintain or do a weekly progression with lower volume and higher intensity and then try LP again once you are on a surplus. Also, at an BMI of 25 you're skinny-fat and not proper fat.

>>39813115
Unless you recently went from severely obese to normal weight you probably don't have lose skin, or not that loose at least.
>>
>>39813189
>For future reference: The title of the thread goes in the subject field, makes it easier to find in the catalog and makes it look like this isn't your first day on 4chan.
Only newfags and tryhards use the subject field. I was just surprised that there wasn't already a thread for this.

Plus it's not any harder to find if you use the search feature.
>>
>>39813135
>just stalled on SS get onto in order to achieve Dom
Maybe temper your expectations first, dom isn't as small as /fit/ is memeing. It will take mostly time, good diet and effort - he probably does PPL or a more aesthetics oriented PHUL.

>>39813136
Take two weeks of, if it persists go see a doctor. Or see him right away if the pain is bad.
>>
>>39813003
In through mouth, out through nose

Nose slows the rate of exhalation supposedly allowing more oxygen to be absorbed
>>
>>39813203
>Only newfags and tryhards use the subject field.
Yeah, that's why every QTDDTOT or /plg/ or /fraud/ or whatever general has the title in the subject field. Everyone on /fit/ is a newfag. This isn't /b/.

>Plus it's not any harder to find if you use the search feature.
It is at a glance, not much of a difference - but people are used to it being bolded.
>>
>>39813245
>Everyone on /fit/ is a newfag. This isn't /b/.
>and tryhards

Relax, this thread will be dead by morning and you can post your own with all the proper formatting and shit you want.
>>
should I add weight lifting to my cardio?

I dont keep count of my proteins, is there a point to it? are gains possible without keeping track of proteins and on a deficit?
>>
>>39812807

Is it okay to replace leg day with a deadlift day in a PPL routine?
>>
>>39812807

What does /fit/ do if they have a sharp lower back pain?
>>
>>39813136
>tfw took two months off
>went from a 225 bench to 135
> still discomfort and outright pain at night after a chest workout
Time to go to the doctor :/
>>
>>39813365
Stretch then stretch some more.
>>
>>39813348
Having some muscle is having better than no muscle. Start with low weight and practice on form if you're just doing cardio. You'll already have your feet wet for when you're ready to start lifting big.
>>
>>39813348
Lifting helps avoid yo-yoing - more muscle means higher TDEE, not that cardio isn't important too. Making gains on a deficit is possible, it's pretty easy early on and then gradually gets harder. You definitely should at least try to estimate protein intake.

>>39813365
Depends, did it happen during a lift? Does it only occur when lifting stuff or also during normal activities? How much does it hurt? Where exactly? Is it getting better or worse?

>>39813266
Fuck off, you bought up that newfag shit, I merely tried to give someone a pointer on using the site.
>>
>>39813423

Lower back hurts when I bend over. Especially on the right side (from mixed grip dl?).

Pain started the same time I started deadlifting again after a month break.
>>
>>39813448
Bill Stars back rehab programme helps a lot of people. If it is towards the side then it probably isn't the spine (excluding refereed pain.) I'd rest up a bit and then do the programme, in the meanwhile focus on proper posture and do mild stretches, no foam rolling.
>>
>>39813355
More context needed
>>
>>39813533

Appreciate the help
>>
>>39813583

> pull day
pullups
v-grip pulldowns
cable rows
face pulls
bicep work

> leg day/deadlift day
deadlifts
shrugs
some extra leg accessories
>>
>>39813612
You can do whatever you like anon, that seems like a decent way to structure things.
>>
>>39813628

thanks
>>
Is waking up early to go to the gym a long term solution? I've been lifting on and off all my life in spurts. I'm currently 27 but used to work out between
>10-12 skip leg day
>16-18 skip leg day
>21-23 actually have leg days because of /fit/
>hike fag years 23-24
3 year break
My old stats were
bench 255lb x5 reps
ohp 175 x5 reps
squat 275lbs x5 reps
Clean and Jerk max 175lbs on sand

Right now I have no clue where I stand but tomorrow morning I'm going back to my push leg pull days with a 500 cal deficit like I used to do. But I never had to wake to be by the gym by 5 a m.
>inb4 home gym
Done that several times but all of my equipment ended up going bad due to the weather and I have a toddler to watch.
>>
what treadmill should i get
>>
Are there any benefits to using a sauna post workout?
>>
>>39813640
Morning training is sustainable as long as your sleep schedule is sustainable. You will go to bed earlier and you can't really compromise on that.

Hikefagging builds calves decently 2 b honess

lol just got to the toddler part, lol your sleep is already compromised, but lol plenty of dads have succeeded in your position/parameters

feels weird attempting to give you advice being 24 and childless, but then again you probably know all of this and sometimes it just takes an extra voice to reassure
>>
>>39813682
ya, sauna post lifting is good, cold showers post cardio is good
>>
>>39813695
What does it do to the body? My gym also has a steam room, when should I use it?
>>
As a 5'11 145 skinnyfat, what should I be focusing on? Eating at maintenance and lifting? Eating at maintenance, lifting, and cardio? I'd prefer to be around 140 in terms of weight, but not skinnyfat.
>>
Why is it when I work out my triceps my biceps look bigger as opposed to when I work out my biceps?
>>
I'm trying to lose weight, what can I eat when I'm bored/crave something/want to stuff something in my mouth?
I've tried carrots, apples, turnip cabbage, but is there something else? They get boring pretty fast so I'd like to shuffle a little
>>
>>39813728
Eat surplus and lift. 140 is Auschwitz mode at 5'11". Shoot for 160 but not skinnyfat.
>>
>>39813728
Your BMI is at 20, that's fairly low. In your shoes I'd do lifting at maintenance, then add a surplus when I stall out, cut once I'm at a bf% that starts to look bad (18% for me.)

>>39813732
On what exercise?
>>
>>39813239
Its in through nose out mouth
>>
>>39813740
Apples have a lot of sugar so avoid those for snacks. I like cottage cheese as a snack because it's very filling with relatively few calories and good protein, but it has a lot of sodium.
>>
>>39813746
>>39813745
Thanks, really hoping the temporary lack of cutting and going straight into gaining muscle will help replace chin/neck and belly fat.
>>
>>39813740
Mushrooms, celery, salsa, sugar free jello, any kind of berry, almond milk.
>>
/fit/ I need your help. I swim a lot and I met this qt3.14 there. I asked her out for food today(after loads of spaghetti) and she said she was busy, but Friday was a good time. She told me to choose the place to eat. The pool we go to is in the town center, so there's a a great number of places we can go to.

Where do I take her to eat? What the fuck do I say? We're also swimming again tomorrow.
>>
>>39813780
You're on your own, friend. /fit/ can't hold your hand forever, but maybe she can.
>>
What's a good vegetarian way to acquire the proteins I need?
>>
>>39813746
Skullcrushers vs Bicep curl

My biceps look more "defined" and bigger
>>
>>39813721
i'm too dumb to explain check out dr. rhonda patrick about it all
>>
>>39813795
The same way all vegetarians get their protein.

Drink semen.
>>
>>39813773
almond milk is a frankenfood fake health product
>>
File: 13268256300x300.jpg (28KB, 191x300px) Image search: [Google]
13268256300x300.jpg
28KB, 191x300px
My hamstrings are incredibly short/tight/whatever and I don't know why or how to fix this. They prevent me from pushing out my ass to flatten my back to deadlifts and squats, and I also can barely bring my knees vertical during the hamstring curl on the machine, but forget about touching the cushion to my ass. Is there any way to fix this? Stretch? Can I eventually develop the mobility to do these exercises with proper form or am I just fucked?
>>
>>39813795
legumes

whole grains

eggs/egg whites

milk and cheese
>>
I took a shit last night /fit/ and there seemed to be a fair amount of blood in it. I'm dying aren't I?
>>
File: 1475454660884.gif (488KB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
1475454660884.gif
488KB, 284x210px
>>39812807
>Should I lift with a cold or will that affect my recovery?
I lifted with food poisoning, get your bitch ass in there and wipe everything down once you're done using it.
>>
I'm joining the military and, of course, need to learn how to run properly. My recruiter says to always breathe in through my nose, and out through my mouth the whole run, and to just try every day. Is any of this right? I also am "flue footed" and have an odd stride. Is there any way to work on my stride to make it more efficient?
>>
>>39813830
So is sugar free jello, what's your point? Anon asked for foods good for cutting.
>>
>>39812807
Don't lift with a cold you disgusting animal. Other people go to the gym and use the shit your disgusting animal hands get germs all over.
>>
>>39813843
No. If you see blood in your stool that means there's a tear somewhere close to your sphincter.

if it were actually serious, like a ripped gastrointestinal organ or something, then the blood gets digested as it passes through your intestines. in which case it appears really really black.
>>
>>39813832
bump
>>
>>39813147
>>39813213
Good advice, cheers mates.
>>
File: IMG_0626.jpg (62KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0626.jpg
62KB, 480x640px
would these shoes be good to lift in? they're jordan's my brother gave me, idk what kind. i'm p new to the game so i need a bit of a heel when i lift, usually i use 2.5 lb plates tho
>>
>>39814263
by lift i meant squat
>>
>>39814263
they're dope I like em
>>
Is it possible to make strength gains while swimming 6 times a week?
>>
File: cybex-maxhine3.jpg (106KB, 404x750px) Image search: [Google]
cybex-maxhine3.jpg
106KB, 404x750px
My gym has pic related. How do you use it?
>>
1rms
squat 395
bench 250
deadlift 500

re jacked & tan 2.0
first week, first day, back squat
3 sets of 6 reps+
>work up to 10rm
so that last set I should load up ~295 and do 10 reps?

mad confused about this honestly
>>
>>39813832
Yes, you should stretch. Try to work on/progress to a standing pike. Try to improve general leg mobility. And don't stretch right before you work out, try and do it before bed every night. Also, don't listen to faggot broscience that says don't stretch if you want to get strong.
>>
I want to buy some running shoes.

Can anyone recommend some? Nike's seme pretty memey and I hate looking at them since every fucker is wearing them.
>>
>>39813098
Bump
>>
I got a cold and have to breath with my mouth when sleeping, will this turn me into one of those mouthbreather clowns? I have a good jawline
>>
>>39812807

What are some good ways to fix anterior pelvic tilt without foam rolling?
>>
>>39814498
You read the fucking directions labeled on the machine
>>
File: c0c.jpg (40KB, 634x650px) Image search: [Google]
c0c.jpg
40KB, 634x650px
how do I make the video I took on my cellphone into a webm? I want /fit/ to formcheck me on deadlifts and bent over rows
>>
>>39814560
Asics or Mizunos.
>>
>>39814628
webm for retards
>>
>>39814689
thanks but
>tfw mac
>>
>>39814709
then just use ffmpeg
if you don't want to learn to use that then kill yourself
>>
DOUBT

Wednesday: Recovery Day
A.Squat2 x 5 @ 80% of Monday's work weight
B.Overhead Press (if you bench pressed Monday)3 x 5 * or
Bench Press (if OHP on Monday)3 x 5 @ 90% previous 5 x 5 weight
>C.Chin-up3 x Bodyweight
D.Back Extension or Glute-Ham Raise5 x 10

C.- I can do 10 pull ups without assistance, what do I do? Does he mean 3 x F?
>>
>>39814731
I can do weighted pull ups for lower reps
>>
File: 1482108045337.webm (102KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1482108045337.webm
102KB, 500x333px
>>39814709
it's basically:
ffmpeg -i input.whatever output.webm

then you customize it further

usefull switches:

-c:v libvpx to have to correct codec
-crf 4 to se the quality (constant rate factor) lower values = higher quality
-b:v 4M to set the bitrate
-an to disable audio for cucked boards like /g/
-metadata title='the game' to add a title
to cut something:
-ss 0:01.00 to set the start
-t 0:05 to set the time

when you got comfy with this shit, you don't want to use anything else, have fun

webm related, it's my bitch
>ffmpeg -i erotic_stallman.gif -metadata title='your a fagget' -c:v libvpx -b:v 500k out.webm
>>
Exactly how long before working out should I take my creatine? Like 30 minutes before lifting or something? Everywhere I search it just says "right before lifting" but that's not fucking specific enough
Also does overcooking eggs mess with their protein content?
>>
>>39814749
It really doesn't matter when you take creatine. Just eat the damn shit. You're stressing over the 1-5% difference and it's hurting you more than helping. Burning shit is unhealthy for sure. You want a runnier yolk and non-runny whites. Softboiled/poached/sunny side up master race.
>>
>>39814151
Well that's good to hear, you're the man
>>
>>39814841
Did you eat a lot of beets or something with red food dye? That can do it.
>>
Do knuckle push ups have any significance over regular push ups or do they make no difference?

Please answer fast
>>
Is the Fierce 5 Novice Routine any good?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631
>>
>>39814984
theyre mostly a meme
just do your pushups with good form and maybe use a dumbell or push up bars
>>
Incline barbell bench press vs incline Dumbbell bench press. Which is better and why? I've heard DB is easier on the shoulders
>>
>>39814999
Thanks upside down satan

Lifting with the gym being closed is hard so I have to do bodyweight
>>
>>39812807
I lifted with a cold yesterday, lots of people sick.

I didn't ease up, and the next day I was fatigued as all fuck, and drained. Coughed more today too. Oh well, I'm on vacation, so it was just a day to play vidya. Even practiced a bit at cooking, made maple mustard salmon with bacon crumbles.
>>
>>39814648
Went down and got some asics, thanks senpai
>>
>>39815005
Better for what goal? DBs are easier to manipulate to find a movement pattern that works for your individual mobility, but you can also reinforce bilateral asymmetry since it doesn't force your wrists/forearms to be in the same plane.
>>
>>39815022
Dear diary
>>
File: 1458696249854.gif (137KB, 659x576px) Image search: [Google]
1458696249854.gif
137KB, 659x576px
This is going to sound really dumb but I just want reassurance

I've been doing a beginner strength training routine but since I'm not near a gym I had to do calisthenics. And my muscles got really exhausted and fatigued in the middle of it and wanted to give up. I never got this exhausted when lifting weights.

Is the lack of cardio the reason this happened or am I weak?
>>
>>39815221
Your body builds up lactic acid. That is what makes your body feel the burning and become exhausted. Cardio helps treat that problem.
>>
What are considered respectable numbers for Squat, Bench, Deadlift and Press?

Obviously it would be somewhat dependent on your size. But is there a good rule of thumb, like bodyweight x 2 for bench or something?
>>
>>39815364
google symmetric strength
>>
>>39815369
Thanks man
>>
>>39815431
welcome
>>
File: 6prcar.gif (2MB, 457x325px) Image search: [Google]
6prcar.gif
2MB, 457x325px
I want my gf to develop an even thicker ass and thighs without being a fucking landwhale. What exercises would you recommend to help make her bottom end nice and round, and her thighs thick?

She's a bit of a brat, so I'm looking for a few simple ones that can be repeated easily. Coming to the gym works, but even at-home exercises are fine.
>>
is there a workout routine to increase arm and muscle strength but /not/ remove chub from my tummy? My GF is a chubby chaser and wants me to throw her around in bed and ride on my shoulders and shit.

I already have a carb and protein heavy diet, carbs keep on the weight i am told and protein is good for muscle growth.
>>
>>39815494
just lift weights and eat even more
>>
>>39815502
evidently i am over thinking this
>>
>>39813181
No. Get smaller squat plugs.
>>
>>39815469
Lol gl

She has to squat and do induction abduction workouts plus some quad work alone with eating a caloric surplus.

So if she doesn't want to sweat, I would just break out the cookies and hope her genetics makes her look cute chubby my dude,
>>
>>39815539
I'll see about putting something together. I'll make it a couples exercise thing while I do other exercises, so at least she doesn't have to do it by herself.
>>
>>39815555
nice quads

having a woman straddle you while you do bench presses increase testosterone, just saying.
>>
Dies anyone know a good dip belt? Tired of holding dumbbells with my feet
>>
is there a discord
>>
Did they remove (you)s from replies? I only get a dotted line under the post number instead and it sucks.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I wake up with really bad phlegm and gunk in my mouth/throat every morning

I commonly have a blocked nose and I'm also sleeping poorly and after reading up on Sleep Apnea it seems I'm probably getting blocked airways and breathing through my mouth throughout the night

Anyone have experience with this? Gonna start doing a lot more cardio, what else can I try?
>>
Why is /fit/ no longer Fitness and Health?

I have a medical question, and I don't know which board to use. /sci/, maybe?
>>
I've never run in my life can I train to run a half marathon in 4 months?
>>
>>39816209
Not a chance in hell
>>
>>39816223
why the fuck not lol, if he's not overweight, and has done some pervious training, whatever it is, he is able to lol.
>>
>>39812807
does it make sense to just up the calories out for a cut through another hour in the gym?
I just don't like the feeling of starving myself anymore and have a lot of time on my hands.
>>
>>39814984
Less stress through your wrists
>>
>>39812807
A girl I used to be FWB with has been putting in some solid time flirting very graphically with me over snap chat. The issue is that she currently has a bf. Worth hitting that or just stay the hell out of that situation?
>>
So I just started SS three weeks ago along with a bulking diet.

Problem is that my gym is closed until January 3rd.

Should I keep the bulking diet going and do bodyweight stuff like Pullups, pushups etc. Or should I eat maintenance while doing bodyweight?
>>
When do you usually start getting stretch marks?

I've gone from less than 1pl8 to a bit more than 1.5 pl8 bench , but so far I've got no signs of stretches.
I'm skinnyfat and I've gained about 25lb in 4-5 months so far. (140lb to 165lb)
>>
>>39816622
Eat at maintenance. Do pull-ups anyway pull-ups are dope
>>
After loosing 15kg through diet I finally feel like joining a gym and exercising again, I still have 10kg left before I'm at my target but I have no idea how to pick/create a workout routine, where can I learn more about it?
>>
>>39813740
Sunflower seeds
>>
>>39816689
Gslp
>>
Anybody have any examples of body fat percentages in the range of 10-15%? Trying to get an idea of where I'm sitting at the moment and I'm too lazy to take a picture for /fit/ to disagree over multiple posts...
>>
I hurt my lower back doing diddlies a while back and want to build some muscle there before going back to them.

Any recommendations for this? Would hyperextensions work? Or do I need more than that as a temporary (month or two) substitute?
>>
How do I transform from skinnyfat to a decent ottermode in one year?
Bulk SL + Curls then cut?
Do PPL?
Do bodyweight at home and cardio?
>>
>>39816791
reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness + sprints/plyometrics is all you need
>>
I'm overweight and have started working out recently, and get a pain towards the front/inner section of my leg the day after running. (guessing this is shin splints or something?) Also one of my feet doesn't sit parallel with my other foot but points outwards, which I think is a result of my weight.

Would buying a new and more running focused pair of shoes help with this?
>>
What are the advantages/disadvantages to more sets for beginners?

e.g. why choose Greyskull LP (2x5, 1xf) when I could do SS (5x5)?
>>
Is gaining 5kilos in 2 months too fast?
>>
>>39816884
If you actually read SS, then you're gonna know it's 2 warm up sets and 3 work sets you dumb dyel fuck
same with greyskull
Do greyskull ya shit
>>
>>39816853
maybe it's hard to say

>>39816884
more practice means reinforcement of patterns. this can be good or bad depending on whether those movement patterns are high quality or not

SS is 3x5 you mean SL

amrap sets are more diagnostic (are you really pushing yourself on the first 2 sets, well if you can do 10 reps on the amrap then no you're not)
>>
>>39812807
When using a TDEE calculator, what constitutes "exercise"? I lift 2-3 times a week, and go jogging when I can, but I just realized I walk around a shittonne. I also work as a waiter, so I'm on my feet for several shifts a week. Plus I usually walk from the train station to my house several times a week, which is a solid 20 minutes brisk walk.

So which option should I be selecting? Because this would radically change how many calories I should be munching away at. I've always selected "sedentary" or "light exercise", but I'm wondering if I should claim moderate.
>>
>>39816902
Nah it's not that much
Most people say you can gain 1 pound of muscle per week if youre an absolute beginner
>>
>>39813189
Fuck off newfag. Just lurk moar and learn how to /fit/. You don't need to impress us; just don't pretend you know about our board culture. It'll come eventually, but don't act like you're a /fit/ veteran.
>>
Is peanut butter bad for you?
>>
File: jhgfds.jpg (36KB, 273x591px) Image search: [Google]
jhgfds.jpg
36KB, 273x591px
turned 26 today and look like this. how fucked am I? can I still make it? any motivation and advice are welcome.
I am not from a sporty family at all and still have problems allowing the fit lifestyle for myself...
>>
>>39817019
>dat bulge
damn son

Anyway, pretty skelly but better to start out with less fat than more, you'll be fine.
>>
Can I do weighted chinups without needing one of those fucking belts?
>>
>>39813894
Which branch? They each have there own prt standards so that'she important. When I joined I was absolutely terrible at running, but the whole time your there your gonna learn more about it and get better. The navy's prt is one of the less strict in the military but for me who was running the mile and a half run starting out at 16 minutes, I was able to get it all down to sub 11 minutes by the end of it. It's really all just mental. There's no secret to it but to just ignore the pain and keep pushing yourself. Also never quit on yourself because the second you say you can't is when you wont.
>>
can i go to the gym and squat four days in a row?
not regularly, just this once. i'm feeling really depressed, and a half dozen sets of heavy squats usually help
>>
Fatty here, is drinking a gallon of water a day viable and practical? Or dietary memery?
>>
>>39817250
drink enough water to stay hydrated, AND drink a couple glasses to suppress appetite when you've already met your allotted calories for the meal. setting a fixed number, especially as high as one gallon, is retarded.
>>
I feel any kind of row I do more in my biceps than my back no matter how slow I take it. What gives?
>>
What would I look like after a year of doing a program without squats/deads or any replacement for these?

Do either of these help with aesthetics other than legs/ass?
>>
Are Protein bars a meme?

Or are there some that I can buy cheaply that are effective?

Do any of you make your own?
>>
Lets talk about eyesight. I am 18 and have astigmatism. It is supposed to get worse as I age untill I am fully matured. Could I grow taller if it starts getting worse, can I take it as a sign?
>>
>>39817019
>26

Lol you're fine. Past 40 you need to look at getting test injections but 20s is still easy mode. Just make sure you're eating plenty.
>>
>>39817380
also my shins hurt like hell for some time, the same time as my eyesight started getting worse after glasses. Am I hitting a growth spurt??
>>
>>39817380
Why would a minor eye condition lead to you getting taller?
>>
>>39817416
maybe I got it wrong but I think astigmatism gets worse as I grow older/ my body gets to maturity.
It is hereditary from my grand mother and the last week it started getting worse, alongside these shin pains.

Maybe I can meme height growth into my body.
>>
>>39817380
Yes, you can still grow taller.
Yes, astigmatism will get worse until fully mature.

Not by much but it will happen, you won't notice getting taller until someone points it out or you keep consistent track and you won't noticed your astigmatism getting worse (maybe just eye strain) until you go to the annual eye doctor check and see real numbers.
>>
>>39817444
well there is hope then.

I guess this mean I should stay at a caloric surplus and keep my protein high. Sleep is alright and gym. I've been reading about IF and it seems that it might release GH so I am going to try that too.
>>
File: 1481181078942.jpg (140KB, 906x993px) Image search: [Google]
1481181078942.jpg
140KB, 906x993px
>>39817019
literally just start. At least you're 6 feet
>>
Planks only seem to hit my forearms, not my core. I can't do side planks at all because my arms give out in a matter of seconds. How do I hit my core with bodyweight exercises?
>>
>>39817492
by playing sports. Planks are a meme
>>
>>39817286
Thank you.
>>
>>39817303
bumping because I feel the same.
>>
>>39817303

Are you pinning your shoulder back throughout the movement? Making sure your back is relatively vertical?
>>
what techniques do you guys use to get through cardio?

I'm brand spanking new to working out/cardio/fitness in general. I've tried before on several occasions but always fell flat.
I know I need to do cardio for any significant weight loss, but it makes me feel miserable doing it.

Am I starting too hard? Not working up to it? Something else?
>>
>>39817632
>I know I need to do cardio for any significant weight loss

can't you just eat less?
>>
I feel like my shoulders aren't responding to low rep overhead press, I've pretty much plateau'd at 32.5kg (weak as FUCK, I know) and it just won't go up. Any ideas on how to increase it? None of the "eat more/sleep more" shit, I'm already doing that. I'm doing ICF 5x5 so i'm hesitant to modify the program and add extra stuff to help my ohp increase, i'm thinking of adding high volume dumbbell presses after my ohp, is that fine or will it somehow affect my ohp/bench progress negatively?
>>
>>39817624
The back yes but the shoulders I'll pay more attention to
>>
>>39817634
of course I'm regulating my diet, but I'm asking about fitness/cardio help
>>
Best way to get my forearms bigger?
>>
>>39817658
Your forearms should be getting bigger if you're deadlifting, rowing, shrugging heavy weight.
>>
File: 1482516795916.png (215KB, 376x415px) Image search: [Google]
1482516795916.png
215KB, 376x415px
>>39813066
Why is your bench so fucked?
>>
Guys do you have any experience with Carnitine?I was finally able to lose the lose enough fat,but since I lost muscle in the process, the doc gave me 2mg carnitine every morning.I start greyskull today.
>>
>>39817632
Swimming

>only form of cardio that also makes you stronger
>being in a pool helps your joints, unlike running which fucks them up
>doesn't depend on weather
>you don't get bored like you do on a treadmill
>teaches a valuable life skill
>being around qt grills
>being around qt guys
>>
>>39817838
>tfw want to go swimming at my local pool but i'm too insecure

My plan is to be happy with my body first, then I'm going to start, I can't wait, 2017 will be great.
>>
>>39817492

Bump, I'm wondering this too. I usually end up finishing the planks shaking because my arms can barely handle it while I feel nothing at my core.
>>
>>39817658
The anterior compartment of your forearm are nearly all flexors and pronators of your wrist and fingers. The posterior compartment is nearly all extensors and supinators of your wrist and fingers.
>>
>>39817635

That's funny, I'm stalling exactly at 32.5kg too. 5/4/5/4/4 and 5/5/5/4 on my last workouts to be precise. No idea how to improve it.
>>
>>39817838
>only form of cardio that also makes you stronger
stay dyel
>>
>>39817838
while I agree with what you have to say,

brother I'm a fat fuck with no self confidence, I'm not going near a body of water with no shirt on until I lose weight by some other means first
>>
>>39817898
are you me
>>
What happens to the organs behind your abs when you are doing stomach vacuums?

SRS
>>
>>39817939
If you have no confidence now you won't when you're skinny. It needs to be worked out just like your muscles don't fall for this trap. Trust me everyone is laughing to themselves when they see a fat guy in a tshirt in the water ... when they see your fat rolls exposed they just look somewhere else and don't care AT ALL
>>
>>39817901
Obviously the bulk of your mass is gonna come from strength training, but the fact remains that swimming is beneficial when it comes to building muscle - unlike, say, long-distance running.
>>
I've been doing upper/lower split 4 times a week for around 6 months now. I defintely noticed good gains. The problem is that I gained way more on my lower body than on my upper body. Any tips to get this to become more equal? Should a change to upper 3 times a week, legs once a week or something?
>>
>>39817971
It's not my fat rolls that I care about. Maybe a little.
It's my massive, perky, stupidly-out-of-proportion-for-my-weight man tits that really throw me for a loop
>>
>>39817670
Anything to target them directly?

>>39817886
What the FUCK did you say?
>>
>>39817838
Yet all swimmers have Jew noses because of Swimming.

Next.
>>
>>39817979
what I meant is there are other forms of cardio that build muscle beside swimming
>>
>>39817988
Flaunt em. Make jokes about them. Try to force one of your drunk friends to motorboat you. Hiding is always worse than trying to be confident. Then when you drop the weight everyone will be 100x more aware of it and impressed
>>
>>39817898
>>39817635
Check your form. Maybe try to learn Mark Rippetoe's Press 2.0
5x5 is decent volume, same I use on texas method and my progress is good. (62.5 kg 5-rep max) But if it really doesn't work two things might be the problem:
1. Volume is too high. Maybe you are pushing it too hard and you can't recover from 5x5. I doubt this at your weight.
2. Volume is too low. It will probably be this. You can do one of to exercises to get your press up then: Tricep extensions. (look up Rippetoe's guide) or heavy push press. If you choose to push press, do it on the same day of your ohp session. Pick a weight that is slightly higher than the one you're using and push press 3x3.
>>
>>39817987
Post your routine?
>>
>>39818024
what the fuck is wrong with you? are you telling him he should stay fat or?
>>
>>39818039
>Upper A

Bench Press
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Rows
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Incline Dumbbell Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Lat Pull-Downs
3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Lateral Raises
2 sets of 10-12 reps.

Triceps Press-Downs
2 sets of 10-12 reps.

Dumbbell Curls
2 sets of 10-12 reps.

>Lower Body A

Romanian Deadlifts
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Leg Press
3 sets of 10-12 reps.

Seated Leg Curls
3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Standing Calf Raises
4 sets of 6-8 reps.

Abs
x sets of 8-15 reps.

>Upper Body B

Pull-Ups
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Barbell Shoulder Press
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Seated Cable Row
3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Dumbbell Bench Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Dumbbell Flyes
2 sets of 10-12 reps.

Barbell Curls
2 sets of 10-12 reps.

Skull Crushers
2 sets of 10-12 reps.

>Lower Body B

Squats
3 sets of 6-8 reps.

Split Squats
3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Laying Leg Curls
3 sets of 10-12 reps.

Seated Calf Raises
4 sets of 10-12 reps.

Abs
x sets of 8-15 reps.
>>
>>39818026
I should do the 3x3 push press after my OHP working sets, obviously, right?
>>
Can a bulged disc and the muscles surrounding the lower back above the glutes be corrected and fixed
>>
If you're lifting, and losing weight at the same time, how do you tell your true BF%?

I'm chubby and lifting, so I feel firm in my upper ab area, but my lower abs are still a flabby gut.

I'm about 210~ @ 6'4
>>
>>39818106
I should add its only a minimal bulged in three places in my lumber plus the muscles around the spine above the hip
>>
>>39817952
>>
>>39818078
Yes, of course.
What program are you following? I would advise, if possible within your program this order:
1. Press
2. Non-shoulder exercise
3. Push-press
Keep it as a last excersise. And do an exercise between your Press and Push-press, so that your shoulder have some time to rest.
Also, be sure to look up a video on how to push press decently, so you can really press as heavy as possible.
>>
how tight should a belt be?
for which sort of movement should i use it?
>>
>>39818077
Sorry, I can't help you with that routine. I'm more experienced in programming for strength, don't have any experience bodybuilding.
>>
im at parents house in my hometown for the holidays
its too cold here and the gym I used to go to has no heating
can I just skip gym for 2 weeks? how bad would that be?
should I still eat high protein even if I dont train?
>>
what are some good accessories to deadlift?

also, is there a downside to saying fuck it to squats and deadlifting only?

unless of course squats have huge carryover to dl
>>
>>39818118
YOu can get it measured with calipers. Or some higher-end wheightscales are also pretty decent.
But, honestly, who cares about body fat? Just look in the mirror. If you're still chubby, continue cutting.
>>
>>39818371
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I9LIsIpsQE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9OppAye78s

>>39818417
1. Romanian dealifts or straight-leg deadlifts. I prefer Romanian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowKMitOVNc

2. Yes.
a. Your quads will be underdeveloped. Your body will become imbalanced.
b. A good lowbar squat will not only get you strong quads, but will also strengthen your whole posterior chain. This will make your deadlift stronger as well.
c. You'll be a pussy

3. The carryover is very big.
>>
>>39816536
Fuck her and tell her boyfriend. If she doesn't let you fuck when she's previously been down and you haven't gotten significantly uglier then she just wants attention. I'd still blow her spot up to the BF
>>
>>39816637
If you're gaining muscle mass at a steady rate or 1 or 2 lbs every week or so then you'll be hulk mode before stretch marks become apparent and they surely wont be the focus of your physique
>>
File: 7.jpg (61KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
61KB, 480x640px
Fatty here, Joined some franchise gym, the PT's trying to sell me their services measured my BF% using that handheld machine.

It obviously has to be horribly inaccurate, Where can I go to properly measure my BF%?
>>
>>39818358
I'm doing ICF 5x5 right now
>>
>>39818540
Why do you care? Just lose weight until you start to look decent. What's that number going to tell you that you don't already know?
>>
>>39818565
Accurate calorie consumption. I have this autistic tendency where if I dont attempt to min/max something I want to be passionate about, ill lose motivation.

Which I havent lost at all after going for a month, but I just want to do things adequately senpai.
>>
Went from 104/105kg to 87kg and I see no change. Is it true that the more you lose, the more you see progress?
>>
>>39818590
Muscle gain=Weight Gain

Out of curiosity how long did that take you.
>>
>>39818614
I'm not seeking to build muscle yet, slimming down first.
I started in May/June last year and just stopped eating sweets and drinking more water.
Then from September on I've just walked 1-3h every day, got a job and cut out bread and eat my 5 a day (fills you up more than you think).
Honestly I don't do much and the weight is coming down at an av. of 0.5kg/week.
>>
How to run correctly? I've always heard if you run wrong you'll fuck up your knees.
>>
>>39818581
Paralysis by analyzes. Just do it.
>>
>>39818758
Chest out, back straight, run on the balls of your feet, get your knees up, don't shuffle but don't stomp.
>>
so, I've had a shit-tier combo of problems the last few days. For reference, I've been doing SS for a bit over 2 months now. On Friday I was trying to DL 245 and felt a pain in pic related. It was my last exercise so I decided to end it there. Then I got a little sick the last few days so I ate like shit because I didn't have anything to cook and didn't want to go out.

Since then if I put too much pressure on the area it hurts again. Do I need to stay away from the gym until its better?
>>
>>39818821
already am but ty.
>>
File: 1468536808793__1_.jpg (76KB, 434x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468536808793__1_.jpg
76KB, 434x960px
Perhaps not fitness related but how much weight/pressure can high heels withstand? I've just come back to hotel after a night out in Scotland and Jesus the size of some of these women.
>>
Struggling to find a good gym /fit/ been going to this government run one, it's got one bench and a squat rack. With about 20 guys wanting to use both. Cheap af though for £5 entry.

Which is better than most I've seen which is basically just a room with treadmills and cycle machines. I don't know what to do I could maybe afford a home gym at £400~ but Christ that's going to be hard on me.

I live in a small village as-well, so I have to commute for an hour on the bus then 20 minutes of walking, which I don't mind just time-wasting. To get to this shitty ass gym.

Home Gym or go around every gym in the nearby city to find a good gym.
>>
What do people mean by 5/4/3/2/1 routine or whatever. I'm so confused. Help!
>>
>>39819320
home gym all the way if you're serious about it
possibly get a mate to work out with you (and you can share the expenses), you'll want a spotter once your bench gets heavy
>>
>>39812807
guys i couldnt go to gym for 3 days. how fucked do you think i am ? it doesnt matter at all ?
i have been liftin for 2years now. and i am still so obsess about these things. fuck me
>>
>>39813136
im in the same boat anon. it is slowly getting better (easier movement and less pain) but anytime i think i can go lift, i start back at square one. taking 2 weeks off and then going back at it. probably pick up after new years. gonna work on a better diet while im out.
>>
File: goal body.jpg (322KB, 1590x2389px) Image search: [Google]
goal body.jpg
322KB, 1590x2389px
Can I get ass cancer from wiping my anal too much.
>>
>>39819569
if you're competing in a week or so you're completely fucked
otherwise, it doesn't fucking matter, at all
>>
Does doing negatives on barbell roll outs accomplish anything? I can do 4 full reps until going back to the starting position turns into a lower back workout.

Otherwise what's an alternative other than fork putdowns?
>>
>>39818878
no one?
>>
>>39813780
I took a girl out to sushi on my very first date
Was so nervous before it but when i met her i just eased up nd started talking nonstop
If its a first date and youre a beta just get to know her , ask about her interests plans etc
If you cant think of anything just talk about whatever you have in common in your case swimming
Its really not that hard
>>
How much beta alanine should I take per day and should be it at a set time or just 60 minutes before my workout?

I'll be combining it with 400mg of caffeine and 6g of l-arginine
>>
File: IMG_6930.jpg (328KB, 1672x1554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6930.jpg
328KB, 1672x1554px
Can I lift on this?
>>
Why do people tripfag when it is universally hated here?
>>
>>39813098
Look up Twisted Conditioning, keep the strongman related stuff lowkey if your goal isn’t becoming xboxhueg while at it.
>>
>>39819643
Wew lad that's a pretty hefty dose of caffeine. Timing doesn't matter for the performance aspects of beta alanine since the effects build up over time but for the paresthesia it will kick in within 30-45 mins
>>
>>39820059

400mg before the gym is my standard, at one point i was taking 200 before work and 600 before the gym.

Thanks for the reply, I've went with 3g of beta alanine as the bag recommended 2 servings of 1.5g a day and i can't be fucked with that.
>>
>>39819661
Yeah these make the best squat racks desu.
>>
is bulking on peanuts okay?
>>
My left shoulder starts hurting after doing some pushups.

It only started yesterday, when I was doing pushup after some benches and curls at the gym. It doesn't hurt during normal daily activities, but after I do push-ups I get a burning sensation in my left shoulder for some time.

What's wrong with my shoulder?
>>
>>39820144
Pros: cheap, some protein, some omega 6 which has been associated with muscle growth

Cons: carbs are a better macro to overload on when bulking
>>
>>39820160
what do you suggest for carbs?
>>
>>39819499
1 pl8 press
2 pl8 bench
3 pl8 squat
4 pl8 dead

Or is it 4 pl8 squat... I dont know man.
>>
>>39820175
legumes tubers whole grains
>>
I'm doing icf 5x5 and i've stalled on the overhead press, is it OK if I push press the last few reps that I can't get?
>>
>>39820294
alright thanks anon
>>
Is there any problem if I lift weights when is hot as fuck? or I just lost more water?
>>
>>39820448
just drink more water to compensate for the lost fluids
>>
>>39820385
no.
The push press is a different lift than the normal press.
>>
File: P_20161227_132628.jpg (2MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
P_20161227_132628.jpg
2MB, 4096x2304px
How many calories are there?
>>
>>39820604
seven
>>
>>39820604
like 400 I'd gauge it to be
>>
I've been stuck on 77.5kg for a while now on squats, got 3/3/3 but I don't feel like i'll progress if i'm constantly getting low reps on my sets and not hitting 5 across all. I tried 80kg a couple of weeks ago and I managed to get 2 reps but it felt way too heavy, so I deloaded back down and i'm at 77.5kg now, anything to help or should I just shut up and keep squatting? I haven't squat 3 times a week for a long time now because I had some lower back issues but i'm back on it.
>>
>>39820783
Deload
>>
>>39820783
Start with 70 kg and work your way up. If you're squatting 3x/week, you'll be doing 80kg 3x5 by next week. (if you're eating and sleeping)
>>
New to working out.

Have dumbbells + adjustable bench.

I know a number of exercises, but I need your help to separate them in the right way into a 3-day workout plan.

Exercises: flys, bent over flys, curls, hammer curls, tricep kickbacks, seated toe raise, lunges, bent over rows, shoulder shrugs, bench press, dumbbell squats, flutters, planks, crunches, push-ups, shoulder press.

Feel free to eliminate exercises or add exercises I should look up and learn.
>>
Should I do Ogus 753 before i do Wendler 53`
>>
Fuck it.

I am curious for what sport specific exercises and training /fit//izens would recommend for martial artists. Particularly people who train various martial arts and compete in mixed martial arts. In my country, martial arts coaches are still old school and can offer advice on training and progressing in the martial art they are practicing, but amateur gyms do not hire strength and conditioning coaches with more advanced knowledge of exercise physiology.
>>
>>39820866
just sign up for a gym and do SS or Greyskull.
Cut the bullshit and get strong.
>>
>>39820812
>>39820827
I already deloaded a little over a week ago down to 70 and I went for 77.5kg again today, got 3/3/3 on my sets, I guess I should just keep it up? Maybe up my caloric intake a little. My main issue with squats is that the weight can feel really heavy and it messes up my mentality because if it feels heavy, I feel like I won't be able to get 5 reps, and all my reps are usually grinders and I have to rest like 5-10 seconds between each rep which is kind of annoying. I guess i'm just not built for power and explosiveness since I have to grind out every rep once the weight starts feeling heavy on my back.
>>
>>39820905
Sport specific excercises are a meme.
Just do a strength program to get strong, which is what you need most. (assuming you do lots of conditioning work already)
>>
File: 1475626605953.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1475626605953.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>39820935
>>39820936
>consecutive digits
>>
I went to the gym for the first time on monday. Started SL 5x5. Did squat, bench and barbell row on monday.

I've been having a pretty sore back and legs, probably from squatting. I only started out with just the bar though (20kg/40lbs). I also did about 20 mins of jogging before I started squatting. Is it normal that my muscles in my back and legs are that sore from squatting or do you think the jogging before lifting (which was stupid I know) made my legs already tired? On the SL site Mehdi explained that his routine shouldn't make people that sore...

My legs are pretty big from football so normally they don't get that sore, not even after games...
>>
>>39820958

It is just DOMS/Lactic acid build up. It will go away. Just make sure to rest properly, sleep well, drink enough water and have a good load of healthy carbs 30-60 mins before workout.
>>
>>39820958
Everyone who's new to lifting gets DOMS, don't worry about it. The DOMS should be gone in a week or so once you get into the rhythm of things.
>>
>>39820935
Always try 3 times. If you fail again the third time, deload.
Also, your form might be shit, so posting a video will help.
Eating is the most important thing. My first year I made almost no gains and was stuck around 80kg just like you. Since I started eating at least 180g protein/day, my gains have skyrocketed. Eat more
>>
File: KIMG0189.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0189.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
How do I get rid of these ?
>>
>>39820973

Thanks anon. I don't want to be sucking mehdi's dick but he also advises only to eat carbs after workout. Is this just to not get tempted to eat too much them overall?

>>39820987

Cheers. Also, does good form reduce stiffness? I'm still struggling to get it right at the moment, especially barbell row.
>>
I want to lose weight and gain muscle. I'm probably classed as obese, 5'11 117kg. Right now im doing 20 min cardio followed by 2 sets of 8-12 reps on the fixed machines at my gym. I try and tour the gym and get 2 sets on every machine that works more than one muscle.
I guess my stand alone question is, do i intake at a loss or hit my reccomended 7000 kj and try burn off more.
>>
>>39821198
that's only for fat people who can't help themselves, if you're trying to gain weight, it doesn't matter when you eat your carbs

he also advocates for fat people to skip breakfast, but for skinny people to have breakfast.
>>
so if I'm losing weight by primarily counting calories, is it fine to have a low calorie day where, let's say I eat like, 4 eggs for breakfast, and then don't eat anything until dinner time, could I have a milkshake, and I'm still well under my calorie limit, so I'll obviously be losing weight, right?
>>
>>39815974
bump
>>
>>39821241
Wait is skipping breakfast good now? I was always taught to never skipping it
>>
>>39821266
Do not obsess over this. But technically yes.
>>
>>39821241

That's what I was thinking as well. I guess I'll just eat them in moderation.

I'm 154lbs/77 kg and 5"10'/178 cm, 22 years old. I just have a small layer of belly fat and that's it... And I've always been a huge eater and ate a shit ton of fast food the last 5 years. I should be obese desu. No matter how fucking fat the other people I eat with are, I always out-eat them. Guess I'll have to put in even some more effort because I just started lifting.
>>
>>39821146

Exercise.
>>
>>39821316

As an ex-fat as fatass, skipping breakfast and lunch helped me massively. Intermittent fasting is more or less just a meme, but limiting my eating to a 4-6 hour window at the end of the day meant that I wasn't snacking through the day and I paid more attention to what I was actually eating, instead of just cramming as much as possible into me as long as it tasted good.

For reference I'm down 35lbs since I started taking IF seriously and lifting and down almost double that since I got myself a physical job.
>>
>>39821266

If you're only counting calories, then as long as you're within your limit it shouldn't matter to you.

You also get the IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) nerds who will chow down on poptarts for no reason other than because they can.
>>
>>39812807
Anyone knows an online european store(or a few) that sells thongs and leggings?
asking for my gf, she loves those thongs like calvin klein with the high waist elastic, same goes for leggings and she wants to get some gym clothing
>>
File: 1467992207940.jpg (203KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1467992207940.jpg
203KB, 500x499px
WHY DID THEY REMOVE (YOU)s AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1055685582.jpg (35KB, 171x168px) Image search: [Google]
1055685582.jpg
35KB, 171x168px
>>39821482
>>
File: (you).png (154KB, 739x444px) Image search: [Google]
(you).png
154KB, 739x444px
>>
>>39818053
Not him, but while he works on slimming down, he should also act (act, even if he's not) confident with his body now. Insecurity is the ugliest thing in the world to both genders.
>>
Is intermittent fasting a good way to look at diet? Does it have benefits? Side effects? Does it really help fat burning and increased testosterone?
>>
Does anyone made experiences with Olympus UK - SUP3R-11 or DermaSTRENGTH UNLEASHED?
>>
>>39821566
No. Intermittent fasting doesn't actually do anything besides help you control your hunger a bit more.

The only way to lose weight is through a caloric deficit. Intermittent fasting is just a different workaround method of doing it.
>>
File: bearmode.png (103KB, 216x324px) Image search: [Google]
bearmode.png
103KB, 216x324px
How to achieve bearmode like pic related? 6 feet and 195lbs I've gotten into SL5x5 and been going at it for 2 months making some major strength gains. I get that it'll take a long while, but I just wanna make sure I'm on the right path.

Focus hardcore on DL, squat, BP and eat lots of fats, little sugar. Doing it right?
>>
>>39813654
Outside is free
>>
File: IMG_20161228_232107485~01.jpg (757KB, 2471x1835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161228_232107485~01.jpg
757KB, 2471x1835px
Am i doing diddly right if i get pic related?
I still tend to go too far forward during higher portion of the pull losing contact with body at knee-hip range

Do i need to push with my glutes faster?
>>
>>39821482
yeah what the fuck? I thought that was jsut for me, is it for everyone else too
>>
is there such thing as inner/outer chest?
and how do I/ how much time does it take to fill out my chest?
>>
>>39821880
Not everyone can get asschest buddy
Sorry for your loss
>>
File: WIN_20161228_16_14_28_Pro.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20161228_16_14_28_Pro.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
what should I be working on
6'2 240lbs
can run a mile in about 9 minutes
45 push ups and 70 situps
Going for athletic and just want a direction to go in and pointers
>>
>>39812807
can a bend weight bar help with getting fit
>>
>>39814367
You're making strength gains when you're swimming homie. I swim for an hour M-F and do a free weight circuit for 30 minutes afterwards.
>>
Does a scoop come with a bag of MyProtein whey?

What size is said scoop?
>>
>>39822512
yes, about 25 grams per scoop
>>
>>39822548
Is two scoops too much? Any nice way to up the calorie intake?
>>
ascension millenium
>>
File: harald.jpg (67KB, 736x441px) Image search: [Google]
harald.jpg
67KB, 736x441px
How does growing a beard work? I get facial hair but ive never grow it for longer than a few months, so if I keep growing it will it eventually grow into a huge flowing beard? Or is beard hair different from normal hair and grows to different lengths depending on the person.

My goal is to look like pic related
>>
>>39822548
depends on what flavour, but I usually do 800ml whole milk, a banana, tablespoon of peanut butter and a scoop of whey, that's like 1k calories depending on the quantity of the ingredient.

>Is two scoops too much?

depends on your caloric/macro needs, I only use it when I have some protein macros left over and I need a quick shot of protein to finish my protein needs for the day.
>>
Best routine that splits Squats and Deads?
>>
If I do a clen 2 week rotation, 40mcg for the first 3 days, 60 for 3, 80 for 3, 100 for 3 and 120 for 2 days, how much extra calories will be burnt? Never tried before
>>
>>39819978
Thanks, bro. Does it cover speed drills as well or should I plan to add them while reading up on it?
>>
>>39822948

wrong thread m8

>>39816529
>>
>>39822991
but there were no answers there :( So I figured it didnt deserve its own thread
>>
File: 1446895504906.jpg (64KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1446895504906.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
what is the recommended about of times a person should go to the gym? i used to go just about everyday (cardio for 4 days, lifting for 3) but recently i'v been transfer'd location from my job so now i work a hour away from home compared to 20 minutes. once i get home in the evening i'm tired from sitting in traffic. is 4 days good enough? iv been lifitng for 2yrs now. i'v had the privilege of working close to home but not anymore. is 4 times a week good enough? i feel my gains slipping away...
>>
File: bfff.jpg (4MB, 4880x3248px) Image search: [Google]
bfff.jpg
4MB, 4880x3248px
Bf% estimate?
>>
File: IMG-20161218-WA0003.jpg (51KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161218-WA0003.jpg
51KB, 498x750px
How slow should I expect the strength gains to be If I am a fatass on a cut working out 4 times a week? I've been at it for a couple of months and even when I look less fat, I can't seem to progress a lot on my squat with good form. I can do lmao1pl8 just fine but when trying to go beyond my form starts to fall apart. The same with OHP and BP.

>pic absolutely unrelated
>>
>>39823232
4 times a week is plenty, it just depends what you do with your time there

>>39823298
15-20%
>>
>>39823589
How is your form failing exactly? My issue used to be that I'd have my legs extended but I'd still be bent over, basically having to good morning the weight up. I fixed it by practicing and changing my hand position in the bar. I now have my hands much closer to my shoulders and I tense my back muscles so that I'm not folding over
>>
Are goblet squats with a dumbell as effective as squatting the bar?
>>
>>39823618
The weight goes in front of the center of my feet and my lower back has to compensate for that hurting afterward even if I squeeze my core with all my strength. OHP basically the same and my arms simply can't make the last rep. I'm not getting stronger fast enough to keep with the progressive overload but I wonder if it's because I eat at a 600kcal deficit.
>>
Anyone know any good landmine exercises for obliques and traps?
>>
i've made good gains on greyskull lp this fall and i want to change my program though. i was always doing a few hypertrophy exercises per workout, but i think i want to do more. so would an aesthetics program be good for me, and will i keep my gains.
>>
>>39823686
this sounds less like a form issue and more like a footwear issue. If your form is correct it's not going to magically shift your center of gravity to the tips of your toes.

You're not wearing flat heels when lifting, are you?
>>
>abs become visible at around 12% body fat
what does a 12% bodyfat diet look like?
>>
went to the gym after a long time of inactivity a couple days ago, still pretty sore today. should i go again anyways

also how do i deadlift without fucking up my dominant wrist/forearm and lower back
>>
as the weight im lifting for curls increases, im noticing pain and weakness in my wrists. Feels like theyre right on the verge of injury; like just holding a pizza box with one hand is about to strain something

i think the weight, while correct for my arm workout, is getting a bit much on the wrist for stabilizing and keeping straight.

Should i get some kinda brace? should i use the brace to work out? Im already wearing gloves since the knurled part rips up hands, but im wondering if even just an elastic thing for compression could alleviate some of the strain on keeping the wrist straight; at least until its worked up fine at this weight

Is that a good idea? anything to look for? where get?
>>
>>39824104
I wear chucks. But during not so heavy lifts my form is on point. Also on my other lifts not only squat.
>>
File: 1481255641845.jpg (871KB, 2425x1661px) Image search: [Google]
1481255641845.jpg
871KB, 2425x1661px
If squatting 3x a week on SS gets you big legs, then is it possible to just bench/curl/press/do other upper-body focused movements (for 5 reps) 3x a week to get that aesthetic body?
>>
File: 1446375648303.png (463KB, 1070x601px) Image search: [Google]
1446375648303.png
463KB, 1070x601px
My knees typically hurt a day or so after doing squats. It feels sort of like DOMS, but like, in my knee if that makes sense.

It's not a sharp pain, it's not stopping me from walking or running or anything either, but like if I went down into a squat position it'd hurt a bit.

I've followed a bunch of youtube tutorials and stuff for form and have even got a form check from reddit and a few people who looked like they knew what they were doing at the gym. As far as I know, my form is pretty good. I'm not even doing heavy weights.

Anyone know what might be wrong with my form or with me knees?

>mfw thinking about not being able to squat anymore
>>
this thread's probably dead and I'll need to repost but how are you meant to weight yourself for pullups? My gym has these strap things with carabiners at the top but I can't figure out where the weight goes ('biner through the holes?)

At home I just wear a bag with water in it, is this fucking my form?
>>
>>39819611
>>39818878
IMO you should probably take a few days at least off from working it at all.

After that just do lifts that don't irritate it until it stops hurting. So if you can squat, OHP, bench, whatever without it hurting continue doing those...when it stops hurting, go back to diddlies but deload a bit.

Or don't take medical advice from a Burkinabean Animal Husbandry board and see a doctor
>>
File: knees.jpg (554KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
knees.jpg
554KB, 2048x1536px
>>39824514
>skipping knee day

you'll never make it.
>>
File: 1480189974963.png (237KB, 644x496px) Image search: [Google]
1480189974963.png
237KB, 644x496px
First year lifting, how real is the new year's traffic everyone complains about & as such do I have to change my sleeping pattern to get up earlier (hard for me)?

Had to wait 20 minutes for a squat rack today, which is fair enough because people need to squat, but still annoying.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.