[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/ I am beginning to get a minor cold. My throat is sore,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: Feelin Fit shirt.jpg (241KB, 672x681px) Image search: [Google]
Feelin Fit shirt.jpg
241KB, 672x681px
Sup /fit/

I am beginning to get a minor cold. My throat is sore, my nose is running, and I have the general malaise and weakness associated with being sick.

I'm supposed to go to the gym today but I feel kinda weak so I doubt I'll be able to really get a good workout in.

Worth going and doing lightweight baby or better to not go?
>>
File: Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg (20KB, 303x276px) Image search: [Google]
Dr._Bunsen_Honeydew.jpg
20KB, 303x276px
>>39809313

Get some of those zinc + Vit C lozenges... tasty.

Do 25 min treadmill with sweatshirt and be drinking zero calorie fizz water the whole time.

Sweat out the bad stuff. It works.
>>
>>39809313
you better not go to the gym and start infecting people you little shit

if you feel up to it, just do a half an hour bodyweight routine of push ups, sit ups, planks, squats, supermans, etc.
>>
Luckily for you the Tuesday and the "I have a cold" shirts are both blue
>>
>>39809339
word senpai. will try this.

>>39809354
dude suck it up. I pay money for my gym membership and if they allow me to come when sick, then it sounds like your problem is with management. It's a minor cold and I'm sure the bros in there have healthy immune systems.

>>39809364
this truly was fortuitous
>>
>>39809339

Do this, but do yourself a favor and buy a bottle ofhttp://www.fishmoxfishflex.com/index.php/fish-mox-forte-amoxicillin.html for next time this happens.

Should it be bacterial, with that you can nuke it at the first signs long before you would be able to if you waited for a doctor and subsequent prescription.

If you're in the USA, 9 times out of 10 they'll just prescribe you a shity azithromycin course anyway. You stand a much better chance of never coming down with a bacterial infection if you treat it early or, even better, prophylactically.
>>
>>39809456
fuck that. I don't need antibiotics for a common cold, which is viral anyway. Antibiotics don't work on viruses.

These are the people giving us fitness advice.
>>
>>39809663

Respiratory symptoms and general fatigue

>My throat is sore, my nose is running, and I have the general malaise and weakness associated with being sick

are common to both viral and bacterial infections. The only way to know what you have is to either culture it or use diagnostic technology; both of which incur wait times which will only allow the bacterial or viral load to increase. Unless you suffer an allergy to beta-lactams or have the stomach of a pussy, you only stand to benefit by antibacterial prophylaxis.

Similar to the notion of using vitamin C and zinc for the cold at the onset of symptoms, you only stand to benefit. FYI, there is no reason to believe vitamin C does shit (c.f. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1160577/) and the jury is still out on zinc (c.f. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3394849/)

The choice is yours though, of course.
>>
>>39809354
>not wanting immune system gainz
you're weak.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.