[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study says you only need 55.5 grams of PROTEIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20161226-232035.png (938KB, 1080x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161226-232035.png
938KB, 1080x1476px
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/dec/26/protein-hype-shoppers-flushing-money-down-the-toilet-say-experts

>Public Health England (PHE) guidelines suggest a protein intake for 19- to 64-year-olds of 55.5g for men and 45g for women

Basically you all fell for the goy scam
>>
>>39803338
>>Public Health England (PHE) guidelines suggest a protein intake for 19- to 64-year-olds of 55.5g for men and 45g for women
thats for the average man and woman, who most likely live sedentary lives.
>>
This article is not aimed at bodybuilders nor autists that like to think of themselves as bodybuilders
>>
>>39803338

>more for athletes
>varies by weight

That is completely fine for a seditary individual, but not for an active individual with a higher TDEE.
>>
Sure. You go ahead and only eat 55 grams while working out. I'll be here with my meat and kicking butt

No I'm serious. If I eat less than 100 grams, the next day is a fucking pain. Listen to the signals your body is telling you
>>
>>39803338
Your thread backfired m8. Take your attempt at fat shilling and fuck off.
>>
> article is aimed at normies on fad diets
> no mention of bodybuilders

brb going to the gym everyday then having a diet wil only 50g of proteinz.
enjoy your nogains
>>
It's cool if you're not a bodybuilder.
>>
>>39803338
The only reason you should be taking protein powder is if you can't get it through other means. It's a DIETARY SUPPLEMENT, and should be treated as such.
>>
Is .8g of protein per lbs is the max you need, autistic fucks
>>
>>39803483
There's nothing wrong with talking protein powder as opposed to getting it the "natural" way you autist. So long as the protein powder is high quality, you're fine.
>>
>>39803338
You dumb shit OP, that's for people who live normal sedentary lives and don't do any specific physical training, not athletes, bodybuilders, powerlifters, or other highly active people. Athletes need about 0.8g/pound of bodyweight when training. Furthermore even relatively sedentary people should eat more protein than they do, most people eat too much carbs and fat and not enough protein, which can even affect your BRAIN over the long term. Please, understand what you're talking about before you post cringeworthy shit threads like this one, OP.
>>
>>39803338

Like I'mma lissen 2 sum bitch ass nerds who dont no shit bout lyftin
>>
>>39803338

Daily reminder unless you eat a shit ton of food and cram your digestive system with a steady supply of immovable gullet gunk the classic "liquid protein shake" moves too quickly through the part of the digestive system (about 1.5 hours) that absorbs and synthesizes proteons.

You need to either increase your digestive enzymes artificially or increase the amount of time the shake spends in your digestive tract.

Food > Shakes
>>
>>39804806

where does semen land in this metric?
>>
>>39804806
Protein shake with food
>>
>>39803338
Okay now what's the recommendation for active people
>>
>>39803338
Science is for DYEL nerds
Fuck you chicken and protein till I die
>>
>>39803338
http://strengtheory.com/the-three-laws-of-protein/

>1. Eat enough protein
>How much? .82g/lb (1.8g/kg). Rounding up to 1g/lb or 2g/kg may be easier to remember, and getting a little more certainly doesn’t hurt
>2. Space your protein intake throughout the day
>3. Get your protein from high-quality sources

>It sounds so simple, but it’s amazing how often people get sucked in by some exciting new study or fad and forget the basics
>>
>>39803338
>public health
The same people that tell us we just need 30 minutes of cardio and resistance training on machines for 3 sets of 15 reps.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.