[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever Wonder What Works on Tinder? Help an Economist Find Out!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: funny-tinder.jpg (56KB, 500x862px) Image search: [Google]
funny-tinder.jpg
56KB, 500x862px
Hello willing participants,

I have about a month off school, I study economics, and thought it would be fun to run some regressions to find out whether sending a controversial message (among other things) affects your chances on Tinder!

Great statistical studies start with great data. Clicking on the link below will take you to a template spreadsheet. If you copy it into Microsoft Excel or another Google spreadsheet you can submit your own data to help with the study!

ANY COMPLETE ROW HELPS! Keyword: Complete. You can submit one row, or as many as you can fill. However, the more observations the better and more accurate the study will be, provided that information is reported as accurately as possible. Each row corresponds to a different interaction, i.e. a different person you matched with on Tinder. There is a key on the second sheet that will explain the variable names in detail.

Of course, I will be posting my findings and those who send me data will receive an email from me when the post is prepared. Data can be sent to the following email: [email protected] in either a google spreadsheet or Excel document format.

Allow me to statistically prove why you are or are not getting any. Let’s get this going.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uOcMag28Mo0dDoT2NZM5ioK7XFfqcdYYa7m15Xyt2pM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
I realize that being attractive is going to work if you're a guy. That's why I'm controlling for number of matches(this is a proxy variable for attractiveness) and %of the time you swipe right because this is correlated with number of matches and helps determine the dependent variable. After you control for these variables you can start getting some insight about what works and doesn't beyond being attractive.
>>
>>39801362
How can you run this regression with no way to randomly sample the data?
What about the innate bias that you are asking people on fucking 4 chan about their success on tinder?
>>
I can't wait to see this on buzzfeed
>using a sample of 1000 autistic permavirgins on a mongolian goat fetishist forum it has been found that...
>>
I'm not only sampling from 4chan but yes you do bring up a great point about 4chan. Also LOL
>>
File: 1468913658425.png (28KB, 957x751px) Image search: [Google]
1468913658425.png
28KB, 957x751px
>>39801362
Nice work you have done there anon. I'm thinking in studying economics as well. How is your career going. Do you regret not choosing another career?
>>
I'm in an economics BA/MA program, so I'm still in school. It's only a good major if you're going to be doing alot of econometrics which I am and learning alot of programming, which I am. In the real world, it's not so much what you studied but the skills you attained. So make sure you learn practical things like those I listed and take some finance and accounting classes as well. And if you're not sure where to start check a website like indeed.com and see what skills they demand for the jobs you want.
>>
>>39801533
Another thing is programmers make great econometricians if you are interested in doing research. They also have a place in finance. And if neither tickle your fancy you can become a software developer. Everything deals with computers nowadays and they're even teaching programming to kids in elementary schools now. So make sure you learn it one way or another.
>>
>>39801362
So complete rom on the rows?
>>
>>39801774
I'm not sure what you mean by rom, but each row should be completely filled out for a data point to be optimal. thanks
>>
>>39801774
Sorry I mean a row should be completely filled out if its to be considered optimal.
>>
>>39801439
this made me laugh pretty hard, A+
>>
back2 ledit phoqueface is my advice for you op

error our system thinks your post is spam lol
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t.u6.jpg (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t.u6.jpg
94KB, 800x800px
>>39801822
I'm just trying to be intelligent and productive...
>>
Just make an army of fake accounts and collect the data yourself, at least it will be reliable. You can even use pics of more or less attractive dudes to control that variable.
>>
>>39801898
If it comes down to it, I might have to.
>>
File: 1387180512004.png (93KB, 1111x620px) Image search: [Google]
1387180512004.png
93KB, 1111x620px
>>39801479
Guaranteed replies

Using science to try and explain the human mind will be like using a thermometer to measure the speed of a corvette.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.