[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/QTDDTOT/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 44

File: weight for it.gif (2MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
weight for it.gif
2MB, 500x280px
/QTDDTOT/
prev thread >>39786004
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
Home for the holidays and there's only junk food.
Thinking I'm just gonna buy 2.5lbs of whey and a bunch of nutrition bars to get me through.
>>
Fatty on a diet here, what happens if I get my 1500kcal in turkey meat everyday?
>>
>>39800949
you'll lose weight
>>
>>39800949
At least throw some fucking spinach in the mix or something, probably going to get the fucking shits lol
>>
30 minutes of cardio, what's the best type of cardio for fat burning on a treadmill?
>>
how do i get a chest like chad and adam's abs for a shirtless selfie?
doing cardio everyday and pushups, dips, sitting leg raises, bicycle crunches. what else?
>>
Any opinions on this routine? Coming from Canditos linear program, feel like Squats and deadlifts on the same day are a bit too much.

https://www.t-nation.com/training/complete-power-look-program
>>
Best rep scheme to get up bench and squat?

I work on both (not same day) 2-3 times a week doing 6-7 sets of 3-5 reps depending on how I feel and can see some progress. Keep doing?
>>
Currently doing Greyskull Linear Progression and I plan on adding fasted walking to my routine but I am unsure how many times a week i should do it and for how long/at what speed? I was planning to do it for 20mins or so at around 6mph on lifting days first thing then do weight training in the evening. Does this sound OK? Is there a guideline or is it down to personal goals? I know he recommends it in the book but I don't own a copy and don't know exactly what he says
>>
To make it quick:

>be horribly fat girl, weighing in at 104kg in May
>decide to lose weight before starting university
>get to 96kg by drinking more water and cutting out chocolate
>since september, am down to 87kg just by being at uni and eating no white bread (still reward myself with cake, just one piece now instead of half the cake)
>so far, so good. however, not too much change visible in the mirror since i am still obese
>talk to another female friend about my weightloss and that I feel happy about it and wanna continue, ask her if she'd work out with me since she searches for a gym buddy
>she is completely negative towards my weightloss
>'you must be starving yourself'
>no I just walk more and eat less sweets and bread
>'this seems really unhealthy anonette, i have anorexic friends and they started out like that too'
>tell her that if you're obese, you lose waterweight and some fat rather quickly, then progress slows down
>'omg but that's just too unhealthy!!'

Is this kind of behaviour normal? I didn't expect this :(
Also is it true you tend to see progress as you slim down more and more? So far I've only lost one pant size.
>>
File: cDF8i1i.png (273KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
cDF8i1i.png
273KB, 350x550px
What's the best way of losing fat quickly? What's the lowest in calories I should go?

I lift and keep track of calories, and everything is going good except for the retarded fat on my thighs that never goes away despite months of cutting at a time. Cutting for so long always leaves me so fucking drained. Every gram of fat goes away except for on my legs. After Christmas I now want to just start a cut and go until my legs finally thin out like pic related.

I understand my strength will be compromised and I'll feel like shit. But I'm tired of having chubby legs.

How do I go about this without killing myself and my reproductive system, in the quickest way possible?

I was thinking of doing Lyle McDonald's SFP 2x a week and eating 500kcal under maintenance, but that's what I did during my cut and it didn't work. :(
>>
I ate 5500cal on x-mas on a slow bulk of 2300. Wat do?
>>
>>39800908
How should I train while cutting? High reps or Low reps or both? Also can I follow 5/3/1 while cutting?
>>
>>39801240
Eat little the following day, then pretend it didn't happen and carry on as usual. A one day binge won't do anything.
>>
>>39801205
great job so far
I think she's just jelly and scared she might lose her cuckquean

>>39801224
lose 2kg per month wich equals 1lb per week wich is around a 500 cal deficit. but watching your weight is more important than watching your calories

>>39801252
diet doesn't affect routine. tip for 5/3/1: read 5/3/1 beyond
>>
>>39800939
and some veggies
>>
>>39801258
Eat a little as in eat at maintenance, or eat as if I were cutting/PSMF for one day?
>>
>>39800989
30 min of normal running

make sure you always more than 25 min
>>
>>39801293
As in cutting. I usually eat 500kcal less the day after. once I binged so hard I just didn't eat the following day. But that's a bad habit to get into. It's best to just eat lightly today and get back on track
>>
>>39801029
>He doesn't do barbell training
>>
What's better between:
Texas Method
5/3/1
Candito's 6 weeks
>>
>>39801310
Should I also do cardio today, or will that hinder my gains? I've been having a hard time progressing on my OHP recently. Thanks.
>>
>>39801323
Why do you even compare those. Texas method is intermediate and 531 is advanced. The former is weekly progression and the latter is monthly. Not at all comparable
>>
>>39801279
This is truly awful advice lmao if you don't know what you're talking about then shut up
>>
File: Hip-drive-in-the-squat.jpg (263KB, 2124x1359px) Image search: [Google]
Hip-drive-in-the-squat.jpg
263KB, 2124x1359px
Is back angle angle a meme? Should I squat with a straight back even if I do low bar?
>>
File: Wendler quote.png (30KB, 839x199px) Image search: [Google]
Wendler quote.png
30KB, 839x199px
>>39801323
ok in general I'd say texas method. but you have to read practical programming and understand everything he writes and then do your own texas method variation depending on your level and your goals which means a lot of try and error

for 5/3/1 it is necessary to read 5/3/1 beyond, then best do pic related (a quote from the book) for a year. you will make sick gains without having to think much for yourself

then c6w pushes you more into powerlifting. I always loved the pump from the upper body workout but I don't think it is on the same level as the other two. and the deadlift variations suck. and of course not enough ohp
>>
>>39800908
how many times can I train per week as a natty
>>
>>39801359
this is not an argument
>>
>>39801341
You can if you want to, it'll help with getting rid of the water weight.

Honestly your lifts might feel a bit off in the next few days as overeating messes your body up for a bit. Some people feel stronger, I always feel weaker. Do your best to carry on as normal this week, and by next week all should be back to how it was before.
>>
>>39801365
What training are you doing? How long have you been training?
>>
>>39801389
gym, i've been training for about 1,5 years
>>
>be me
>at gym
cont. ?
>>
do i have to stick to a certain setsxreps for all my exercises, or could i have different setups for them? like 5x5 bench and 3x8-12 abs?
>>
At what point should one invest in wearing a lifting belt?
>>
File: snapshot(4).jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot(4).jpg
24KB, 640x480px
including pic for more feedback and might as well throw in another few questions

I'm 75kg and 5'4 and I'm looking to drop another 15kg or so. Started lifting a month months ago but only got serious yesterday because I have money invested in gym equipment now. Will I still get good strength gains at a 500-1000 caloric deficit each day? Will my muscles get bigger while the fat burns off?

Current stats for anyone who wants to laugh

deadlift 3x5x52.5kg (can lift 60kg1rep)
squat 3x5x35kg
press (overhead press) 3x5x12.5kg

I'm also doing bent over barbell rows and will probaby incorporate barbell curls and shrugs.

side questions:

does a receding hairline like this (yes pic is me) develop further into full baldness? I've never seen the process of balding.

What's the arm angle for chinups meant to be? If the angle becomes greater that 120 degrees I can't do a single rep. Also I can't do a single chinup even though I've been training with the lateral pulldown machine at gym (which I don't have access to come January).

Will strengthening forearms make me more or less insecure about my tiny hands and skinny wrists?

Also feel free to give me abuse over manlet wristlet handlet and general pathetic appearance because I'm already numb.

Also anyone got opinions on keto? Pretty much read what /fit/ had to say multiple times but might as well throw it in. What bothers me is the the only good food like steaks costs way to much to be having every day, not a fan of bacon. Sausages would be great forif I wanted to go keto but they have too many carbs. Last time I tried I ended up just drinking cream because it was the only thing other than eggs and chicken I could eat all the time.
>>
>>39801402
Well if you've been consistently training in for 1.5 yrs, that's longer than me, so I can't really give you advice.

I've gotten to know bodybuilders, power lifters, and oli lifters and they train anywhere from 4-6 days a week. I only train times a week because I'm on SS
>>
What is the best way to learn my body fat percentage?
>>
>>39801492
count it
>>
tfw you're so fucked not even /fit/'s willing to make fun of you
>>
File: 87svlNR.jpg (118KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
87svlNR.jpg
118KB, 1024x576px
>>39801468
The cool thing about being new to lifting is that you'll make strength gains just by lifting alone. I wouldn't go past a 500 cal deficit, but that's just because I would feel hungry. If you can do that, more power to you, but as you get more and more /fit/ you probably will never have that much of a cut.

I personally think Keto is a meme. Count calories and track protein.
>>
>>39801360
you keep the weight as in line as possible to the arches of your feet.
>>
File: 1482760355696.jpg (23KB, 273x384px) Image search: [Google]
1482760355696.jpg
23KB, 273x384px
Working out more, less or the same on a cut ?
>>
File: gslproutine.png (278KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
gslproutine.png
278KB, 700x600px
On /fit/'s GSLP. Should I do the plug-ins that the book mentions, or leave them out? I've been on the routine for a month and haven't done them yet. Currently on a slow bulk.
>>
File: 1439438171413.jpg (9KB, 220x255px) Image search: [Google]
1439438171413.jpg
9KB, 220x255px
So greyskull is basically SS with accessory work and last sets going to failure?

I've read on here that SS will leave your body lopsided so i guess i will give Greyskull a try so i can do some accesories.

What accessories are best for what day? Should i do curls on benchpress day or on ohp day?
>>
File: 1452897676960.jpg (174KB, 736x489px) Image search: [Google]
1452897676960.jpg
174KB, 736x489px
are dips + tricep pushdowns enough for triceps or should i also have skullcrushers?
>>
>>39801578
i workout as much, but usually not as heavy since i take smaller rest period
>>
I'm trying to lose weight

if I eat 250g baked chicken breast, 125g brown rice and 3 tomatos and 2 carrots a day will I have to take any suplements to my diet?
>>
>>39801205
Girls are catty. They don't like when other girls get fit because it shows how easy it is. As you make progress, you'll lose "friends", but the ones that stick around are your real friends anyway. Tell her to fuck off. That's what I did.
>>
File: 1402333431434.jpg (5KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1402333431434.jpg
5KB, 250x220px
>>39801715
wtf kid of diet is that. that's so little calories. clearly unsustainable as a diet.

you didnt read the sticky, right?
>>
Would curls fit into Phrak's Greyskull LP? i.e. would you just do 3x5 with the last set being AMRAP?
>>
>>39801319
believe me, i want to but i don't have access to a gym atm.
>>
my gut feels hollow, like even if I were to cut there wouldn't be any muscle underneath.

just an empty fat storage vessel

mostly in the lower part, i feel like I have good upper middle abs, but nothing in the lower area
>>
>>39801729

it's 943 cal and since I can't work out due to having had an knee operation a few months ago I have to drasticly lower my calory intake if I plan to be less of a fatass
>>
>>39801761
The entire point of Greyskull LP is to customize the program to your own needs. Phrak is a faggot. Don't do isolations in a 3x5 scheme.
>>
File: Teens.jpg (96KB, 410x417px) Image search: [Google]
Teens.jpg
96KB, 410x417px
Does anyone else here buy their food on a day to day budget?

I am moving out alone soon and I have a budget of £120 per month which is like £3.80 per day. I think it would be easy enough to get my 1800 calories on that.

I got very fat from Binge Eating Disorder, so I don't trust myself to have food in an empty apartment with just me. The last time I had the current house to myself, I binge ate 2 family size biscuit boxes, 18 eggs and a cake my mother had baked for my sick sister (they were picking her from the hospital, the cake was in the shape of a beautiful bald girl because my sister had attempted suicide when bullies shaved her head)

Will this work? I fail to see major drawbacks.
>>
>>39801789
>sub 1000cal diet

lmao. cmon son
>>
what weights can I put in this? pockets too small for plates. I was thinking some small metal balls but I don't know if you can buy those. Feel like there's probably some industrial product used in construction or something that I could use but I don't know what they'd be called.

Any ideas? Thought of sand but really I'd want to load this with 25-50kg so sand wouldn't be dense enough. Plus it would be messy.
>>
>>39801977
you didn't actually buy this right?

>>39801798
fix your mental problems first

>>39801715
please for the love of god eat more, it isn't a race

>>39801702
it's enough
>>
>>39802092
it's been sitting by the front door for 3 months.

It's actually a pretty good idea because I can wear this outside for walking and running.
>>
>>39801798
>a cake my mother had baked for my sick sister (they were picking her from the hospital, the cake was in the shape of a beautiful bald girl because my sister had attempted suicide when bullies shaved her head)
You're disgusting. You fat fuck, you don't have binge eating disorder, you just lack willpower. I thought I had B.E.D. b/c I could eat 6000cal in one sitting, but I realized it was because I didn't have the discipline to stop when I knew I should. If you're such a fatty that you eat your sick sister's cake, you deserve to stay fat.
>>
>>39801798
Fat shit. Gonna post this is a FPH thread, bye. You don't have the fortitude to make it. Zyzz was wrong.
>>
>>39801360

The back angle in the squat is determined by the center of mass of the bar-lifter system relative to the middle of the foot. In a low bar squat, the back must be at an angle to keep the bar (which becomes the center of mass as the weights get heavy) over mid foot.

In all bar loaded squat forms, the back angle should be relatively static throughout the movement.
>>
>>39801798
Good bait. I'm gonna bite this one, but won't binge it.
>>
Should I workout in the winter?

My weights are in the garage and it gets very cold
>>
>>39801129
There a lot of broscience in GSLP and fasted cardio is one of them. It's bullshit
>>
Whenever I am running after like 10 minutes my front calves hurt like motherfuckers and I need to stop. What could this be? I am not fat by the way
>>
>>39802354
Sounds like shin splints. Take a break from running until they go away
>>
>>39801468
> 5'4"
>>
>>39802359
No, I've had shin splints before and I am sure this time it isn't. It's hurting on the outside muscle, I think it's called extensor digitorum longus.

It started hurting since I've been doing a lot of calf raises, could it be a pulled muscle?
>>
>>39801433
you can do pretty much whatever you want 5x5 is standard for barbell compounds and 3x8-12 for accessories
>>
Go to a movie alone /fit/

Yes or no?
>>
File: C0ijTHbUAAAcjuS.jpg (38KB, 597x354px) Image search: [Google]
C0ijTHbUAAAcjuS.jpg
38KB, 597x354px
How to become flexible?
>>
>>39801656
They are there if you want to use them
>>39801666
>What accessories are best for what day?
Best for what? Accessories are there to fill gaps, everything you do in the gym should have a purpose. Chin ups are a good accessory for building the back and grip strength for the deadlift,
>Should i do curls on benchpress day or on ohp day?
Both exactly as the program states
>>
>>39802430
No
>>
How do I look as lean/good as possible by New Years? Just got invited to a party where there'lol be swimming
>>
>>39802496
No carbs until New Years, eat a lot of salty food the day before to deplete water
>>
File: 1481435123427.jpg (1MB, 1439x1797px) Image search: [Google]
1481435123427.jpg
1MB, 1439x1797px
Currently doing a 5 day a week begginer routine, each day focusing on 1 major muscle group.

Mon - Chest,
Tues - Back,
Wed- Shoulder,
Thurs- Arms,
Fri- Legs and abs.

Each day has 1 major compound movement + supplement exercises. Seeing modest gains but could be better. Somone said to stick to major compounds only to wreck your nervous system and force growth.

If I was to do SS on Mon - Wed - Fri, what could I do on Tuesday/ Thursday if I still wanted to lift on those days? Cardio? Arms?

Cheers.
>>
Is there another way to increase body hair than hopping on gear? I'm 20 but have literally zero chest hair, and facial hair of a heroin junkie. Have given up all hope to get anything naturally.

If so, what would increase hair the most?
>>
Does anyone have an sprint training material? I was one of the fastest in my year and then I got fat. But I've lost a lot of weight this year and would like to try and get back to it.
>>
>>39802478
>They are there if you want to use them
Yes, but will they help/hinder my progress and lifts? Will they make a large difference in aesthetics?
>>
>>39802408
>t started hurting since I've been doing a lot of calf raises, could it be a pulled muscle?
no its probably just fatigued
>>
>>39802555
yes
>>
>>39801798
You're the drawback. If you're that weak, do you think you will be able to keep your weight off once you start living a normal life (like having a GF or going out with friends)? If you need to keep all the food out of your house just so you don't eat it, you might as well not diet since you'll go back to being fat within a year.
>>
I´m 53kg and 5´7, what should i do to gain weight?
I am a man
>>
>>39801790
The GSLP book has several GSLP variations with curls
>>
My left lat hurts like fuck when I bench. I'm considering switching up and trying incline bench instead. Is this a good idea? I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with my lat btw, it's just sore asf when I compress my shoulders.
>>
>>39802538
Chinups/pullups. You really can't do too many of them. They're great for arms too.
>>
>>39802598
Eat more and lift more it's not rocket science
>>
>>39802598
lift weights, maintain a calorie and protein surplus
lots of people recommend starting strength and other 5x5 beginner programs
>>
>>39802430
I've never been to the movies and noticed someone who was alone. So go for it
>>
File: 1477408880219.jpg (3MB, 2848x4272px) Image search: [Google]
1477408880219.jpg
3MB, 2848x4272px
Can someone give me advice on goal setting for running? Like with weight lifting its obvious that adding more on the bar is great, and when you start out 2.5kg/5lbs every session is great, and you can long term goals such as 1/2/3/4.

But with running I haven't got a clue. I've not done much cardio in the last 6 months, and before that it was sport so it was never a case of going out and doing a 5k where I am conscious of my time.

What is a good time for a mile, for example?
>>
>>39802571
ok... so will they help or hinder?
>>
Missing a gym day and i havent missed one for months, fuck gym holiday schedules..... its monday too so if i go on wed i would have not exercised for 4 days, help me fit.... i can feel my muscles getting atrophied right now... give me a routine i can do at my home.
>>
>>39802775
1xf noose ties
>>
>>39802689
4minute per km is pretty good
>>
So my fucking OHP has been stuck at 32.5kg for a couple of weeks now but my bench is still progressing (got 45kg for 5x5 last week, going for 47.5kg on wednesday), does this mean my OHP will progress alongside my bench? At first it was my bench that was stuck, and I had to increase my OHP to get my bench up, but now it's the opposite. Why is this happening? Diet and sleep are both on point, but note that I always train fasted and I've had people here tell me that training fasted has a big effect on your strength levels. I'm going to start drinking fruit smoothies before I hit the gym, is this good enough?
>>
>>39802746
broadly speaking they will help but...
It depends what exercises you do, how much of them you do sets x reps, how heavy %1rm, how frequently and what you mean by help (strength, aesthetics, etc). Also depends on individual differences, like weak points, leverages, injuries, inflexibility how big you want certain muscles to be etc
Realistically if you have enough energy to do loads of assistance work you were probably better off going harder on your primary lifts.
>>
File: 1482430180904 (1).png (864KB, 1572x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1482430180904 (1).png
864KB, 1572x1048px
Does pic related mean I can replace a PPL with a full body e.g. do PPL for 3 days, rest, then full body for 3 days and repeat?
>>
>>39800908
is it normal not to feel a chest pump when doing bench press? i tried all the 'squeeze your pecs at the top' and 'retract your shoulder blade' memes. im doing 4x6 and i cant feel shit.
>>
>>39802948
how much do you bench? I have a feeling you're a true novice.
>>
>>39802913
in general you don't want to be straining the same muscle group in consecutive days. if you intend to do full body workouts, then you'd have to fullbody>rest>fullbody>rest etc
>>
>>39802689
Depends on why you're running. I enjoy running for distance.
I pick a distance and run it until I can drop my time to something respectable. Then I increase the distance, then drop my time again. So on, so forth. Just depends on goals.
>>
>>39802995
i am. i only have dumbbells but i'm benching 65 lb dumbbells. fwiw ive tried dropping down to 55-60 lbs and i still cant feel shit in my pecs unless im doing sets of like 10-12.
>>
I'm having two difficulties with squats. Biggest issue is massive shoulder pain caused by lack of flexibility in getting my hands behind the bar. Starting Strength covers this extremely briefly by suggesting a wider grip, but I'm using widest grip that won't cause issues when racking and it hurts the same intensity every time. The one fucking this Mark Rippetoe doesn't really cover is the biggest form issue I have.

Second issue is covered in depth in SS but I still don't understand it - the position of the bar. I've heard it already, right under the spine of the scapula, between the delts and traps. Problem is I have no fucking idea where any of this is on my body, even having read Mark Rippetoe's long-winded explanation. Maybe it's because I'm too fat, but Mark Rippetoe's a fat fuck too and a I'm nowhere near that fat. Have trouble findingthe top of shoulder blades and where my delts are.
>>
Should I keep my feet straight when I squat forward I am going to the gym for the fist time tonight
>>
>>39803438
yes
>>
First time I've tried fixing my diet. I'm obese so i'm cutting on 3000kcal per day. Can anyone knowledgeable please look at this rough plan and tell me if it looks ok? Am I missing anything obvious?

>Breakfast
Granola
Pumpkin seeds
Raspberries
Natural yoghurt
Peanuts

>Meal 1
Quinoa
Chicken breast
Broccoli
Orange
Peanuts

>Meal 2
Brown rice
Chicken breast
Asparagus
Peanuts

>Meal 3
Sweet potato
Chicken breast
Spinach
Banana
Peanuts

>Meal 4
Whey protein + peanut butter + water

2991 calories, 266g carb, 115g fat, 215g protein
>>
>>39801029

Do stomach vacuums x F every day, once in morning, once before bed.

Also, pick up a barbell or go to gym, compounds do wonders for your core.
>>
>>39802107

How is it a good idea anon, pray tell.

Because unless you live in a japanese cartoon where you can make gains by wearing weighted clothing, you wont be seeing anything but extra joint pain with this.
>>
>>39803497
Not to be mean, but how big are you that 3000 kcals a day is a cut?
>>
>>39803587
It's fine, I'm 363lbs and 6'4". Plan on lifting 3 times a week so I think I should be eating around 3000 to lose weight steadily
>>
>>39803449
Is it normal for my knee to bend in towards my groin when Squatting with feet straight?
>>
File: file.png (710KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
710KB, 850x567px
Hi, /fit/. I'm trying to actually get a real exercise routine going so I'm not just benching and doing leg stuff every day.

First: what the fuck do you call this exercise machine/contraption?
Second, how do you add/remove weight from them, generally? Of course the plates are involved, but I have no idea how you'd increase or decrease the amount of them that you're using.
Finally, bodybuilding.com, the source of the image, mentions two different exercises using this machine: "Upright Cable Row" and "Triceps Pushdown." The two exercises have one attachment that you pull up, and the other that you push down. Are these both on the machine at the same time or do I have to put them on?

These are really stupid questions and I'm sorry but I don't want to look too retarded at the gym as I circle the machine fifty times trying to figure it out. Thanks for reading.
>>
>>39803687
no that is bad, concentrate on pushing your knees out away from one another
>>
Every so often I see a particular brand of jean named that are good for the larger legs. Levi 55 or something? I'm not sure but I have to get some new jeans soon and I was hoping someone could remind me what they were.
>>
>>39803880
>First: what the fuck do you call this exercise machine/contraption?
Adjustable Cable cross over
>Second, how do you add/remove weight from them, generally? Of course the plates are involved, but I have no idea how you'd increase or decrease the amount of them that you're using.
There are pins which slot into holes in the stacks of weight plates you simply remove the pin from where it is and put it back in where you want to.
>Finally, bodybuilding.com, the source of the image, mentions two different exercises using this machine: "Upright Cable Row" and "Triceps Pushdown." The two exercises have one attachment that you pull up, and the other that you push down. Are these both on the machine at the same time or do I have to put them on?
You have to adjust the machine, for the upright cable row you will need to lower the pulley assembly down low and for the triceps pushdown you will need to move the pulley assembly up higher. The handle can also be changed out by un-clipping it from the carabiner at the end of the cable
>These are really stupid questions and I'm sorry but I don't want to look too retarded at the gym as I circle the machine fifty times trying to figure it out.
Don't worry everyone starts out like a retard
>>
>>39803980
Neat. Thanks a lot, man.
>>
So is eating chicken breast/white rice and broccoli for lunch and oats for breakfast a good meal prep nutrition wise or should I mix up lunch a bit more? I don't want to pass out from a deficiency
>>
>>39804072
I've been doing this for quite some time and I've been fine with the addition of a multivitamin. I switch between three different meals for lunch, oats every day for breakfast and eggs/sausage/potatoes for dinner. It's boring but I like the groove I'm in.
>>
>>39803910
levis 541 athletic fit

rigid dragon GOAT wash
>>
>>39804079
Alright sounds good, I also want to do it to get in a routine of sorts so I can stop developing random cravings.
>>
>>39804084
Only thing I would be cautious of is listen to your body. I got lazy and made the same lunch too many times in a row and started feeling really shitty all the time. Groggy, brain fog, always slightly nauseous. Started taking a multi vit as well as switched my lunches up and it all went away quickly.
>>
>2014
>eat literally nothing but hamburger or some sort of red meat for 5 days straight
>didn't shit a single time during those day
>6th day gotta take a shit
>shit is literally rock turds in my ass
>have to pick them out with my finger
>painful as fuck
>fast forward 3 months
>start lifting to start eating more
>notice that whenever I would take a shit 10 mins later of casual walking my ass would start to itch
>go back to bathroom and wipe
>more shit around asshole
>I can wipe my ass till it bleeds and it still happens
>only time it doesn't happen is if I get one of those real smooth flowing shits

tl;dr
>ate red meat for 5 days w/o shitting
>shat out rock pellets
>months later after wipe 10 mins later more shit around asshole
>doesnt matter how much I wipe

What happened?
>>
how can i improve my routine? i only have dumbbells. right now i do """full body""" with:

db bench press 4x6-8
incline db row 4x6-8
standing db press 4x6-8
hammer curl 4x8
tricep kickback 4x8
romanian db deadlift 3x8
flat bench crunches weighted 3x30

(i dont do squats because it always fucks up my back, fine with deadlifts though)
>>
File: tumblr_o1s4miL07j1rg40uuo1_500.jpg (53KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1s4miL07j1rg40uuo1_500.jpg
53KB, 453x604px
I've been trying to gain weight for the past two months (starting weight: 64.5kg 17.4bf%) and I just got an densitometry done:

1,70cm (I will never learn)
67,8kg
41kg lbm
19 bf%

I want to be the second Darren Sadler, should I keep gaining weight?
>>
Anyone else feel like they're not eating enough even though their gut is getting larger by the month? I'm super paranoid about not fueling my gains and it's leading me to overeat. I do well for a day or so but then I hit the gym and the day after I can't seem to control myself. Any tips?

>inb4 sack up weak willed pussy

I know it's a willpower thing, just asking for tips.
>>
>>39804126
Alright, thanks for the help, I'll try to mix it up every 2 weeks
>>
I think I'm getting sick

How long should I stay away from the gym? I don't want to get any bros sick.
>>
>>39804332
until you're not sick
>>
Fat fuck trying to get in shape here. My TDEE without workout is 2800, if I don't eat because I'm bored or just because I crave something I can eat 1800 daily and not be hungry.
Can I go with 1800 + exercise a day for faster loss or should I go with 2200-2300 for slower loss?
Also can I eat only twice a day? I'm not hungry in the morning so usually I eat only dinner and something later on. Should I change this? I would have to force myself to eat breakfasts.
Can I eat this 1800/2300 as anything I want? I mean as long as I get enough vitamins and shit and won't go over calorie limit can I eat McWraps/spaghetti/rice with chicken and I'll lose weight?
I would love to also know how to motivate myself more. Right now I'm pumped but it has been only 2 weeks and I don't want to stop. Writing a blog or something could help?
>>
>>39803497
it's fine. in all honesty it doesnt matter all that much what you eat as long as you stay under your limit. over time you will end up adjusting your diet by what works for you.
my diet now is made up of high protein or high fiber foods because it's those that make me feel the fullest.
>>
>>39804229
you don't need to eat crazy amounts to lift heavy. I usually lift at a heavy deficit and perform really well
>>
Would lifting while on a big deficit make any sense?

t. fat fuck
>>
>>39804566
yea
>>
>>39804465

Went from 205-->170 5'11 in 3.75 months anon

Here's some stuff that helped me

1. Eat filling Low calorie shit like broccoli. Stuff your face with it.

2. Large deficiet + cardio for faster loss you wanna be fat forever?

3. I eat my calories mostly in the morning and afternoon, not really hungry, hunger peaks at night and I just go to sleep when I'm at my hungriest lel and eat when I wake up

4. Can I eat garbage

Try to eat clean it makes it easier you feel more full d00d. Also, get lots of protein so you don't lose muscle. I made strength gains and size gains losing 35 lbs just because of protein shit is good man

Chicken breast eat it
>>
> Family and friends all congratulating me on my weight loss
> Look in the mirror and just disgusted with how I look
> Realise how bad I must have been before the weight loss

Whatever I do, I cannot lose this fucking belly, its driving me mad.
>>
Right, can someone explain to me if this is a good idea or am I being retarded

> Biceps brachii
> Main action is supination of the forearm whilst the elbow is held in flexion (flexion of elbow handled by brachialis. If you want to test this, hold your arm out, palms down, and flex your elbow. Put your hand on your biceps and then rotate your hand so the palm is now facing you and feel your biceps roar into action)

With that logic, surely the best exercise for my biceps is to go grab a plank of wood and dozens of screws and then screw them into the wood with a screwdriving like a fucking autist, with my elbow held in flexion. To me, this seems like a good idea - so why isnt it?
>>
File: IMG_20161226_221500162.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161226_221500162.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
How bad did I mess up with my bulk?
>>
>>39804706
feel the same, senpai, except it's my thighs/love handles/gut/man tits.
>>
>>39804812
What bulk? You look like any average skinnyfat who ever lifted nor bulked in his life.
>>
pole dancing actually a good way to build muscle at home? less dancing more body weight lifts that is
>>
>>39804962
Well damn...
>>
>>39805002
>>39804812

If it fits your macros/10
>>
No matter what variation I do I always feel rows much more in my biceps than in my lats/back. Any tips? Happens no matter how slow I take it.
>>
>>39800908
What rep range for shrugs in order to best grow trap size? The standard 12-8, or is there similar bro-science as applied to calves?
>>
>>39804136
shave your asshairs for chrissake
>>
I'm a solid 100kg, lift weights every second day, big muscles etc.

But I can't for the life of me do a single chin-up. Are there any techniques or something for not looking like an idiot hanging from a bar?
>>
File: not forearms.jpg (13KB, 330x404px) Image search: [Google]
not forearms.jpg
13KB, 330x404px
Is there a recognized phenomenon where your stats aren't that good (my lifting numbers are DYEL by /fit/ standards) but you end up making visible gains and it ends up looking really good anyway?
Like I legitimately look fit in a t-shirt and have a really well developed chest and back (arms less so) and feel like I don't deserve it because my PRs are so low.
I basically look like the guy in this picture except with smaller forearms and not as handsome a face

I'm 5'10" btw. Is it because of my small bone structure? I have 6 inch wrists (babby-tier I know).

Let me reiterate, I don't look anywhere close to as good as the best of CBT threads or instagram stars, it's that I look far above average for my low numbers
>>
>>39805144
Negatives. But also I doubt you're a low bodyfat percentage at 220 pounds, regardless of lean muscle. The heavier you are the harder it is to do chin ups.
>>
>>39805150
Lots of people look good but lift baby weight. Training solely for mass is a very common thing especially in commercial gyms.
>>
>>39805144
Start with negatives. Jump up and position yourself at the peak of a chinup and then sloooooowly lower yourself.

At some point try kipping ("cheat" pullups) but don't do this longterm or it'll become a bad habit. Basically it's raising your legs as you go up which adds just enough inertia to make a chinup 20-30% easier.
>>
>>39805162
>>39805170
I've never even heard of negatives. But that makes sense. Thanks m8s

Merry Christmas!
>>
>>39805150
there's no direct relation between your proficiency on bench/dead/squat and how good you look

surprisingly, it's possible to look good without hitting the magic 1/2/3/4 numbers
>>
>>39804204
bls helb
>>
>>39805302
19% BF is pushing some chub, bud.
>>
This has probably been asking a thousand times but
>how 2 bulk
seriously I'm telling myself I'm trying to gain weight but I'm forever stuck at 208lbs. My goal is at least 220. I know I need to eat more, but I don't know what I "should" be eating and how much of it to gain weight. I only eat probably 3-4 times a day, plus a protein shake
>>
>>39805439
COUNT

CALORIES
>>
>>39805451
What should even be my calorie goal? 6'4 208lbs, like i said trying to gain weight to 220-230
>>
>>39805487
TDEE

CALCULATOR

NOT GAINING WEIGHT?

EAT MORE
>>
Is stretch mark surgery effective?
>>
File: 1482647057708.jpg (23KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1482647057708.jpg
23KB, 480x336px
Why are my cumloads so weak?
I thought it was because I fapped too much so I started holding myself back to doing it no more than once per day, but my loads are still super weak.

How do I get those super thicc creamy loads like in porno?
>>
>>39803898
I do but it causing my knee to hurt and it is hard to move should I stretch my abductor muscles
>>
File: 1465524979053.gif (883KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1465524979053.gif
883KB, 250x250px
I'm tired, had some coffee though and feel weird. A mix of energy and exhausted. Should I workout tonight? I want to but I"m worried about crashing mid way through and having to shower and drive home.
>>
File: holygrail enhanced.gif (62KB, 601x569px) Image search: [Google]
holygrail enhanced.gif
62KB, 601x569px
>>39805600
If you're only cumming once a day you're still cumming too much for big loads

Give it a few days, your body doesn't have enough in you for big loads.

You can also try the holy grail stack, which works but still operates under the same rules as stated above, a massive one about once a week.

so in-short, stop cumming daily
>>
>>39805704
I always find working out pumps me up, I say do it.
>>
Does the creatine I take before working out count towards my daily protein intake?
>>
>>39805770
no
>>
On my push day, should i train Chest/shoulder/triceps or chest/triceps/shoulder? Thanks for your response.
>>
I'm currently sick, I can't really eat and will be unable to train for about a week - 10 days. What should I do to prevet/lessen the loss of gains?
>>
>>39805797
chest/back/calves
>>
>>39805735
nah not really. If you only rub one out in a few minutes your load will be small.
At least for me when I fap for a long time (hour+) and then cum, I blow a huge load. Even if I do it again the next day. Or even later that day.
>>
>>39805994
there's a difference between edging and saving up a load.

If you save up for a few days, your load will be bigger. That's science. If you edge AND wait a few days, your load will be much bigger than it would daily.
>>
How important is protein intake if I don't want to maximize muscle gain, but rather focus on strength?
I know a bigger muscle is a stronger muscle, but I'm a short guy (5'7) and I'm already at a point where getting much bigger would just make me look ridiculous. Mostly wondering if it's worth buying whey again when it runs out.
>>
>>39806004
I've done every imaginable fapping frequency, with and without edging, and how many days I wait has no significant impact on load size, edging however always produces much bigger loads.
>>
>>39806015
Strength and muscle is the same thing.

>>39806021
you're not producing bigger loads with edging, you're increasing the pressure. Thus smaller shots that make the whole thing appear larger. It's all about showmanship.

This might be the gayest conversation I've ever had.
>>
Is it retarded to add accessories to SS? I alternate extra arm/ ab exercises with shoulder, rear delt, calf exercises at the end of each workout
>>
>>39806015

Protein intake is a must if you want to be strongasfuuark. It allow you muscles to regenerate.

If you dont want to get bigger eat on 0 - without kcal surplus (but with adequante brotein numbers). You wont get any bigger but you still will regenerate right.
>>
File: SS for retards.png (676KB, 1375x482px) Image search: [Google]
SS for retards.png
676KB, 1375x482px
>>39806050
it's part of the fucking program you dunce
>>
I have a weight gain issue. I'm not misinformed.

5'11, fluctuate 205-230. Literally gained 10 lbs in 2 days, I have to pay attention to this shit like cancer.

2200-2500 calories daily, cardio 5 days, strength 6 days a week. I'm very active.

1rm: 295 bench, 245ohp, 585dl, 455squat

5mile run in 40min, can jog indefinite.

Like what the fuck. I gain weight RAPIDLY. I know to you folks thats a good thing. But i'm chubby still andI have to be within a weight standard for work.

I used to be profusely obese so maybe its because of my massive amount of fat cells. Not diabetic. Maybe I have one of those fatty bs excuse diseases like thyroid disease?

Thanks.
>>
>>39806059
Tell me where it says to include accessories on the picture. I'm just asking if it will interfere with recovery between sessions
>>
>>39806107
>'m just asking if it will interfere with recovery between sessions
unless you're going 6 days a week a using the same muscles 2 days in a row, no.
>>
>>39806103
> fluctuate 205-230
this is physically impossible.

> Literally gained 10 lbs in 2 days
no you didn't

Unless you are magically creating matter, there is no possible way to gain 10 lbs in fat or muscle (or even water weight) between only a span of only a day or two.
>>
>>39806121
I swear to you. 215 before eve, now 224.5. So 3 days my bad. I think i have a fat singularity.
>>
>>39806146
you don't. You're doing something wrong.

When are you measuring? Are you doing it in the same conditions? (morning, after first shit, before eating or drinking anything)
>>
>>39806146
it's probably a bunch of food and water weight

calm the fuck down
>>
>>39806153
After last shit in the evening before bed.
>>
>>39806178
I'm not talking about this specific situation. I face this issue on a daily basis. I gain weight ridiculously easily.
>>
>>39806179
you're doing it wrong m8.

measure in the morning before you eat or drink anything and after you've taken a shit

don't weigh daily either
>>
>>39806185
10 lbs of fat is pretty noticeable. especially in the impossibly short time frame of 2 days. do you look different?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (272KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
272KB, 3000x1688px
I think I really need to foam roll, but the link in the sticky is gone. Anyone recommends an article?
>>
225 squat, can't progress past

SL 5x5
Wat do
>>
>>39805738
Just got back. Tired but not nearly as much as I thought. Glad I went. Thanks.
>>
>>39806244
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SwWL5xCzhM
>>
>>39806247
Switch to 3x5. Might have to deload too.
>>
Does lean bulking basically mean eat at a smaller surplus than your standard +500?
>>
What if food that I eat in my country isn't in caloric tracking apps?

Possible to just eat a lot of meat and watch my weight on the scale every day?
>>
>>39806453
buy rice and chicken weigh them look up values online
>>
>>39801798
>a cake my mother had baked for my sick sister
>>
Am I retarded for being in the gym 1 1/2 - 2 hours on SS? I take my sweet old time with warmups on the different exersices, as well as a 15 min warmup on the bike.

I feel that if I rush the proper warmup (especially on squats), I have a harder time completing my working sets.
>>
>>39806712
If you have the time go nuts
But what are you actually doing for 2 hours? Like why bother with 15 minutes on the bike if it still takes another 30 minutes of warming up before you can squat?
>>
Christmas vacation + sickness afterwards I lost like 2,5 weeks of gym. How much time after I return , will it take for me to go back to my previous form?
>>
Lifting more but losing weight + a bit muscle mass from my chest. Whats happening? I know I should eat more obv
>>
I was always skinny but in puberty i gained alot of weight. I was like 1.83m and had 85kg.
I changed my eating and lost 20kg but gained 5kg back trough sports etc.

I started to go to the gym this jan. At first i went 3x but after some months i went 5 to 6 times. Sadly body changed not alot. I still look skinny fat. In oktober i went to university so it was hard for me to go to the gym. I gained 5kg.
Right now i am on a diet and try to eat only like 500 or 600 kcal and go daily to the gym. Is this good?
I want to get fit (not like anabolika fit bu that "ouh he looks fit"-kinda fit).
Can you help me?
>>
File: 1348500297285.png (116KB, 637x451px) Image search: [Google]
1348500297285.png
116KB, 637x451px
Hi /fit/, total newfag here.

Just got back from my first day of trying the stickied SS routine and I need some answers,

1. Should my thighs and lower back feel sore as hell? Especially my thighs.
2. I'm too weak to do dips, can I skip doing it?
3. I have trouble doing deadlift. Any tips?
4. And for my next session, I should add more weights? This is the part I have trouble understanding.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>39801107
Pretty good in theory, not as easy and simple as it may sound, will give adequate results. Standard Thib routine to shill t-nation supps while still being good. Did it with 15% surplus myself but I have a ridiculous metabolism so anecdotal evidence mainly.
>>
File: 1481833577467.jpg (720KB, 3060x1628px) Image search: [Google]
1481833577467.jpg
720KB, 3060x1628px
Some guy posted this on /pol/. It's pretty cheap, but he didn't give any info on it. Can somebody tell me what the schedule for this workout is?

>everyday everything
or
>monday push ups, tuesday pull ups

also would appreciate some input on rests.

Currently I am doing it monday push ups, tuesday pull ups etc. and I rest as much as I feel like, usually 10 secs at the beginning, to 30-60 secs near the end of the workout.
>>
>>39807146
You should go read the book if you haven't.
>>
How much time do I have to spend to completely recover from an ankle sprain? Currently on my 9th day.
>>
>>39807230
when it stops hurting from walking...are you walking yet?
>>
>>39807250
I can still walk, definitely used to the pain from walking but my ankle mobility is shit right now. Should I ice and wrap the foot or do some massage and heat rub it?
>>
is lamb good meat?

I saw some for 8 euro per kg rather then the 10 I pay for chicken
>>
How important is it to not go to bed hungry?

I've only just started eating 3 meals in a day and my sleeping habits have been pretty fucked up for around a year now which was the reason I mainly only ate random lunch and a proper dinner. Now I'm eating 'properly' I feel like my appetite is going back to normal but I find myself getting a little hungry at night, should I have a protein shake with water to kill that hungry feeling?

Also, on weekends when I do get up at a bad time should I still eat as if I woke up early, aka have a bowl of oats for 'breakfast' even though it's like 12pm?
>>
>>39807261
Unfortunately for you the best mode of action is to not do anything. You just have to stay strong willed and don't use your out of order leg
>>
Is there a running guide? I need to be ready for a marathon by October.

I can run 5km already.
>>
I made a mississippi mud pie the other day.
In my language brown sugar is called something else, brown farin, and the recipe referred to the brown sugar as simply sugar in the recipe, so I got confused and used normal sugar instead. But it tasted pretty good! Now I'm afraid to make it again with the brown sugar. Should I do it and see how it turns out? I'm bringing the pie over for my family during new years and we have some pretty good pie makers in the family so I'm worried.
>>
>>39807297
thanks mang
>>
File: 1481859925765.jpg (65KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481859925765.jpg
65KB, 768x1024px
> march 2016, grandma dies
> cry like a little bitch for days, unable to stop crying in funeral
> yesterday grandpa died
> still no tears

Have I finally managed to lift away all the feels?
Or do we get used to family dying?

Will dedicate todays workout to you, gramps
>>
>>39807175
Everyday everything and progress when you can

For example you do wall push ups until you can do 1x10, then you do incline push ups until you can do 1x10, etc. When you are at the last progression you go to 1 again but in intermediate level
>>
>>39807507
So you mean I do only one exercise of each group?
>>
>>39807548
Yes
>>
>>39807569
okay, thank you for the info.
>>
okay, very new guy here

what is a rep?
>>
>>39807609
Other people can give you +rep if you're helpful or -rep if you are mean
>>
>>39801363
Can attest to 5/3/1 giving sick gains while being simple.
Gained more weight than ever, all lifts shot up, feeling stronger than ever and the gains train keeps on rolling, plus can tweak that shit to suit my needs.
>>
>>39801779
thanks for sharing
>>
>>39807268
>is lamb good meat?
Hard to cook right, gotta stew it for a long while or it will taste like shit.
Also 10 euro chicken WHAT THE FUCK where are you from anon? Tell me so I can avoid ever stepping foot there.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>>39807609
It's reputation. You need it to be able to have other members from the hood come along with you on missions
>>
How long does psmf headache last? On day 2, down 6lbs. Doing this after a 3 month break of eating shite and not lifting.
>>
>>39807638

>>39807681

kek, nah I'm looking at a beginner bodyweight routine and for example it says

push ups 4 sets 10-15 reps

and I've no idea what that actually mean
>>
>>39807695
You need 10-15 reputation points to unlock this exercise
>>
>>39802461
religiously do phrak’s molding mobility and starting stretching, upping reps and stretch time or times you do them a day as you see fit

look into calisthenics that are taxing on mobility, master a few; look into pavel tsatsouline and competitive gymnast routines if you really like this shit

yoga, srs, yeah dasgay but it greatly helps, and there are some sweet howtos online that are not just geared towards women wanting to display their butts in public

also other gay shit like tai chi, mostly for the flowing groove of the motions

pic unrelated
>>
>>39807660

well, not really asking for how to make it (you can easily make it in a pan since you can still keep it somewhat red)
but rather does it have much fat? how much brotein? vitamins, minerals and such?

also belgium and yes, I go to cheapest shop for that
>>
>>39807703

damn, I thought it was beginner exercises, are there rookie exercises too?
>>
>>39806885
The bike works up my heartrate, working as a general warm up. The light squats/bench/press are meant as exersice-specific warmup. I get all this from high-school and military PE, and I feel that it's a step up from your ordinary broscience.
>>
>>39806885
>>39807728
Oh and I usually take 90 seconds breaks until heavy working sets where I take 3 mins. I don't dillydally gise :(
>>
how do I make my arms grow? I've been lifting for 6 months and seen decent chest, shoulder, and back gains, but my arms stopped growing after month 2.
>>
>>39802551
minoxidil
>>
Whenever I take my preworkout(N.O explode); I have to shit 5 minutes later. Maybe it could be my morning dump since I lift at 6am. Anyone else have this happen?
>>
When I squat my knee buckles into my groin and when I try to push it outwards it causes pain should I stretch my abductor muscles
>>
how does 10% body fat look like if you don't have muscle?

fatty just trying to lose, but every time I look up 10% body fat, it's these really ripped guys
>>
>>39807814
caffeine
>>
If I only have whey as a treat after lifting, is it really worth it to spend £14 every 3 months for 20g of protein on days I lift? I'm out of work at the moment so I have to be careful with my money, saving up for a car bit by bit.
>>
>>39808076
I would say yes. If you are from Europe try to get lowfat quark as a cheap source of protein.
>>
File: IMG_2044.jpg (258KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2044.jpg
258KB, 1080x1080px
>>39800908

I think this guy is about 5'8.

Can someone estimate me a BF% and weight please?
>>
I've had a good diet for about a year now. Plenty of vegetables, beans, oats. A month ago my stomach started to act up, and now every time I have to shit I either get completely constipated and have to use a laxative, or I have to sit and push for 20-30 minutes. The internet suggested that I might be drinking too little water, so now I drink way more water. I have to get up and pee every 30 minutes now, but my poop is still like concrete. What else can I do?
>>
Would doing HIIT sprints on my rest day hinder recovery? Should i do it after my weight training?
>>
Does creatine make you bald?
>>
>>39808146

Bump
>>
I've been fucking around in the gym for 2 years, i put on 10 kg of muscle and i get a lot of compliments for my aesthetics daily. My lifts are shit tho. Not even 1\2\3\4. Should i do SS? Am I considered a beginner?
>>
>>39800908
>Does creatine make you bald?
Only can speed the process.
>>
File: lean and natty.jpg (80KB, 634x895px) Image search: [Google]
lean and natty.jpg
80KB, 634x895px
What does /fit/ thinks of Allpro Beginner Routine?

> Squats
> Bench Presses
> Bent-Over Rows
> Overhead Barbell Presses
> Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
> Barbell Curls
> Calf Raises

5 week cycle:
> The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
> The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
> The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
> The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
> The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and repeat the cycle.
>>
should I have a coke? I'm thirsty, and unmotivated but have to work for another 6 hours
>>
>>39808608
Sure. Have a cigarette too.
>>
>>39808698

also don't forget to stop for a moment to buy a donut, wouldn't want to get a low sugarcount wouldn't we?
>>
>>39808758
i skipped the donut, but now I'm having regrets on that part.

i'll wait 'til second shift comes in as to not look as fat.
>>
File: 1468771187010.jpg (20KB, 480x331px) Image search: [Google]
1468771187010.jpg
20KB, 480x331px
Today I did my first DL day of my 2nd cycle of 5/3/1, and despite being able to easily do 410 for 5 reps before I could barely do 340 for 5. Did I get that much weaker or is that normal for this program?
>>
>>39800908
How do I increase deadlift frequency on Texas Method? Can I do deadlifts instead of power snatch/clean?
>>
>4 days flu
>it's almost over
>i used my sister's glass to drink the last pill
>the next day my sister and her bf got extreme stomache from a new virus

am i fucked? is there any last resort trick to boost your immune system ( which is already a bit beaten up after the flu) to resist that bug?
i'd like ONE day of vacation out of ten.
i am already drinking some fruit juice and veggies.
>>
What program do you guys use to count your calories? I've seen a bunch named. But which ones the best?
>>
>>39809002
MFP is the most obvious, and it's pretty accurate as far as I can tell. It's only real flaws are the ads and the fact that some less poular ingredients have conflicting numbers.
>>
Should I keep going up in volume or is there a weight I should stop at for leg curls? Doing 3x12x85kgs worried about knee health.

Also what are substitutes for the hip adduction/abduction machine? Gyms one is broken
>>
>>39804229
sack up weak willed pussy
>>
>>39804770
Would technically work for a short bit until the resistance from screwing is too little to cause effect.

But as you said, it is infathomably retarded and autistic. Do normal bicep work or kys immediately.
>>
New to working out. Sticky says to get 1g protein per pound of bodyweight. Seems like a lot. Googled this, see "myth" and so on. People saying you don't need that much. What do you guys think?
>>
>>39809295
if you're fat then obviously it won't be 1g of protein

people just say that to ensure that you're getting enough protein

no one really knows exactly what you should get. 1 g per lb of lean body mass, maybe .8 g per lb of lean body mass.

do 1 g per lb you weigh (unless you're fat). if you get a little bit less than that on some days or most days then don't sweat it.
>>
>>39809342
Not fat. 150 lbs. OK to aim for like 100g/day?
>>
File: b54.png (302KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
b54.png
302KB, 500x363px
What kind of form flaw in squats will cause patellar tedonitis? It's the only thing except deadlifts I do for legs.
>>
>>39809352
this anon >>39809342 is partially correct

Studies have shown no noticeable difference between 0.8g of protein per pound vs 1g per pound. Bodybuilders do 1g per pound just to be safe, but it's more superstition than anything.

0.8g per pound is a good metric to go by, probably even less if you're fat.
>>
feeling pretty under the weather /fit/

I don't have any food ready and don't want to prepare anything. What should my macros be looking like today?
>>
>>39809380
Thanks.
>>
>>39806004
>edging for a few days
jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>39801789
>thinking that eating under 1k calories wont throw your body into starvation mode and make it harder to lose weight.
>being this retarded in 2016
>>
>>39801977
>weight vests
>not in anime

Unless your Rock Lee IRL you will literally destroy your knees wearing this thing around. Its a meme and a total waste of money, but the only reason they're around is because idiots like you buy them
>>
are hotdogs okay?

I just got a hot dog from the gas station, I'm not putting anything on it, and I'm not going to eat the bun.
>>
File: 1480994494063.png (821KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480994494063.png
821KB, 1920x1080px
>>39803662
>363lbs
>mfw

Good luck on your cut anon, being that big is really unhealthy.
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 231x218px
>>39800908
How do I get my gymbro to stop slapping my ass without being awkward about it? Not that I mind the ass slaps but it's getting me sucked into some drama
>get gym bro about two months ago
>awesome dude
>get along
>hit pr's together etc
>thing is he constantly slaps my ass
>finish a set slaps my ass
>changing in the lockerroom slaps my ass
>showering together slaps my ass
>walk pasts me in gym slaps my ass
>saying goodbye slaps my ass
He has a longterm girlfriend who's the owner of the gym we work out at, but she sticks to cardio while me and gymbro lift together. At first she was nice to me but as I started having more sessions with gymbro I can catch her giving me death stares across the gym when I workout with gymbro, I feel like it's because of the ass slapping? A mutual friend of ours even mentioned she complained gymbro has slapped my ass more times than he has to her. This is the only gym that isn't an hours drive from my house I don't wanna get kicked out because her bf might be gay for me
>>
>>39806989
>Lifting more but losing weight + a bit muscle mass from my chest. Whats happening?
>I know I should eat more obv

Why even ask if you know the answer? Like what the fuck
>>
>>39807146
1. Yes.
2. If your gym doesn't have an assisted dip machine then do them on the side of a bench with your legs out in front of you and feet on the ground. Should be easier
3. Lift with legs not back. Ask someone who looks like they know what they're doing to correct you. Do not progress until you get your form down, heavy weight diddly could fuck up your back if you do em wrong
4. If this is day #1 of exercise then no. Do the same weights for a week or two until you get comfortable with the motions and your muscles stop getting sore. After you're familiar with your routine then start adding weight in small increments
>>
how does one stop over eating?
>>
File: QTBeefShirtless.jpg (103KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
QTBeefShirtless.jpg
103KB, 1080x1080px
>>39809831
>A mutual friend of ours even mentioned she complained gymbro has slapped my ass more times than he has to her
He's trying to incentivize her to lift more and become a MuscleQT.

Do not worry, you are not gay.
>>
>>39809831
you decide and clarify with him as soon as possible.

you either want to fuck him or not.
he's an adult he would understand if you say no, but if you wait for telling him you are doing a big mistake.
>>
>>39809360
Bumpb
>>
What's a 5/3/1 and why should I care about it?
>>
>>39809934
5 reps
3 reps
1 reps
>>
>>39809903
>how does one stop over eating?
>stop over eating

Problem solved.
>>
>>39801205
>>she is completely negative towards my weightloss
women are whores who will bring others down before raising themselves up.

you're alright kiddo, just keep doing you.
>>
>>39809934
A good routine once SS/SL or any linear progress beginner routine stops yielding results.
>>
>>39801363
>These three things
>Four items on the list
>>
>>39809975
TM
>>
>>39800908
I have an exercise bike and about 2 by 1 meter of space what should I do if I want to exercise in two 15 minute goes (excluding using the exercise bike) without buying anything
>>
>>39810090
pushups
situps
squats
calf raises
lunges
bridges
wall sits
dips/pullups if you can find an area.
>>
>>39810117
alright sweet, what kind of gainz will this get me to be honest I just want to get healthier but looking good would be a plus
>>
>>39810132
>alright sweet, what kind of gainz will this get me

you'll get toned but you will not become buff.

ottermode
>>
>>39810153
thanks for all the help mate
>>
Over the past few months I've started to notice my feet smell more and more. Are there any tricks you guys use to put an end to this asap? I scrub them in the shower at least once a day but it doesn't help.
>>
>>39800908
will reducing consumption of creatine increase vascularity? or it depends more on the bf%?
>>
>>39810168
baby powder, new shoes, clean socks before during and after workout.

try to keep your feet as clean as you can before you trap them in a leather tube for hours on end.
>>
Is a fruit smoothie preworkout good for energy?
>>
>>39808557
Hard to tell
>>
>>39810234
no simple carbs are for simple minds
>>
I originally planned to workout like crazy and eat like a horse during the holidays, but, plans cancelled, I'm recovering from injury.
Two weeks ago, I was deadlifting as usual. Everything was fine at first, but the next day I'm noticing stiffness in my lower back. When I'm standing for longer periods of time, my back becomes really uncomfortable which makes me want to sit down quickly and when I lie down, an uncomfortable feeling/slight pain radiates into the left part of my hip.
Fast forward to today. Rest, icing everyday and foam rolling made me being able to stand and move without any pain. The only thing that remains is that when I'm doing hip circles or arching my hips forward, there is still pain radiating into my left side of the hip.
So what do I do? Wait another, say 2 weeks for it to go away or go to the doc right now? It doesn't feel like it's located in any muscle...
Also, when you guys were injured and got back to lifting, how heavy did you start again compared to where you were the last time?
>>
So I´m skinnyfat at almost 198lbs and 5´11
Had 2 years at the gym with considerable gains and low bf, started binge eating and skiping work outs

Tomorrow I´m gonna start going again, what kind of routine should I do? PPL? SS? Bro split?

Aslo according to a calculator my TDEE 2600, and at this point I dont know if I should focus on losing weight or gaining muscle
>>
>>39807428
Go back to /ck/ you humongous flaming faggot.

But yes, use the brown one and see to it that it dissolves completely (which it often has a hard time doing compared to refined table sugar).
>>
>>39810511
Thanks, man. I had no idea you had to dissolve it. Does dissolved mean it isn't chunky or do I melt it or something? I really want this to work. I'm going to make a killer pie.
>>
>>39810462
Go to the doc, better be safe than sorry.

As for your second question, I deload 5% for every week I was out - given that I never have been injured longer than three; missing two months and deloading by 40% obviously won’t work.
>>
>>39810090
note that several kinds of equipment are not that expensive and totally worth the money, or the time to create.
just 2 dumbells with up to 10 kgs plates can serve a lot of exercises for your arms.
>>
>>39810699
hmmm, think I'll stick to none for now then in 3 month I'll buy some equipment
>>
How much will my lift (squat) increase if I use proper wieghtlifting shoes?
>>
>>39810671
Depending on recipe if it goes into a flour mixture make sure there are no clumps and crumbs, if it goes into a liquid (milk, water, eggs) make sure it dissolves smoothly.

Also still go back to /ck/ you homo.
>>
Is it normal to feel stiffness in the wrists after dumbell bench press?
>>
>>39810712
If you're squatting in running shoes, quite a bit I've heard from most people. A lot more stable.

Otherwise you're probably only gonna be able to reach better depth on high bar.
>>
Trying to hit 2750 calories per day and having trouble reaching it. I can get 2100 easily with 3 big meals and snacking on fruit and nuts, but I can't think how to get the last 650 calories in without making me feel sick. I already feel quite full.

Any ideas? I don't eat dairy or red meat.
>>
>>39810756
The secret is to eat 8 small meals
>>
>>39810717
Dude, my flaming homo heart is very thankful to you and my faggy fingers can't wait to bake. Fuck yes, I'm gonna get good at this.
>>
>>39809577

isn't starvation mode a meme?

after all how can it be harder to lose weight if you eat less then if you'd eat more?

calories in < calories out
>>
>>39810768
8?!
>>
>>39810780
I raise my current flamboyant I mean uber-manly irl drink to that.
>>
>>39810825
You don't have to eat 8 meals a day but eating many small-medium meals is how professional athletes get their calories.

However for a hobby lifter you can try 4,5,6 and notice that less volume in your meals makes it easier.

The other option is to just stick to the standard 3 meals a day but you gotta make them pretty big. I find that brown rice is very good for this.
>>
I'm going to start training my abs/core directly but I don't know what exercises to do. I've heard people say leg raises are good but I can't do a single rep with my legs straight, I can do about 8-10 with my knees bent though, how do I go about progressing on leg raises? Also any other exercises? I was thinking of doing the regular meme stuff like crunches, situps and maybe other suggestions, thanks
>>
Skinnyfat, 145 5'11. I'm fine with my weight but not my body composition. Sticky implies to me that you're either cutting or bulking, or maintaining if you're happy with your body. Which should I be doing? Lifting at maintenance?
>>
how many calories does around 40 minutes of starting strength burn off, wondering if I need to +100 calories on workout days to counteract that for bulkin
>>
>>39810864
But myfitnesspal only allows for 3 meals, how frustrating
>>
>>39810927
Just put several meals in one, shouldn't be a problem. As in for example

Lunch
Rice
Chicken
Broccoli
Rice
Chicken
Broccoli
>>
>>39810911
http://darebee.com/programs/total-abs.html

Repeat as often as needed, stack with lifting and cardio as you like.
>>
>>39810182
Cheers for the tips man. I've got a couple of new pairs of shoes that now don't smell great because of the issue, do you have any tips you've tried to get rid of the smell?
>>
>>39810989
>>39810911
Forgot: of course do them all at level 3 right from the start. This is entry level fat burning garbage, I’m just recommending it cause you can do it all week without hindering recovery much and it does show effects in the long run.
>>
File: 1482526141809.jpg (155KB, 635x779px) Image search: [Google]
1482526141809.jpg
155KB, 635x779px
My school's gym is closed until after New Years' Day, what's the best bodyweight routine I can do until then? I have a doorframe-mounted chinup bar. Trying to hit chest as hard as possible.
>>
>>39807951
you should strengthen your abductors, you should stretch your adductors, you should deload your squat until you can perform it correctly
>>
>>39811113
thanks
>>
>>39810686
Thank you!
>>
>>39808329
yes and yes, unless you are used to doing sprints these will burn your legs pretty hard so prepare to bomb your next lower body workouts but you adapt to them pretty quickly
>>
>>39809917
bumpc
>>
>>39810744
okay
>>
>>39808557
Try it or another beginner program see if they work stay on them for at least 4 weeks if they dont work try an intermediate program
>>
File: 1482709292349.jpg (320KB, 665x473px) Image search: [Google]
1482709292349.jpg
320KB, 665x473px
>>
>>39808986
of course you can swap cleans for deadlifts
>>
>>39804770
Its very retarded elbow flexion is biceps main role notice how when you flex your elbow if you hold your biceps you can feel them contract. simply supinate the dumbell while lifting it
>>
>pull a 5 rep deadlift pr last wednesday
>try pulling the same weight on monday this week
>can't even do it for 1 rep
>lower back feels sore'ish

Why?
>>
>>39811350
In case what this guy is trying to say wasn't clear:

Move your forearm so it touches your bicep, like a standard bicep flex movement, but relaxed and full range of motion. Then rotate your wrist and notice how the bicep contracts
>>
>>39811199
>>39811202
That’s what I’m here for.

... aaand questionable fetishes on /d/. But that’s no story for a blue board.
>>
I need a no equipment replacement for the wide grip pull up. can anyone help?
>>
File: goalbod.jpg (77KB, 407x360px) Image search: [Google]
goalbod.jpg
77KB, 407x360px
Would this be possible natty? I'm currently 6'2" 190 pounds, 14% body fat.
>>
>>39811369
I am aware of this action of the biceps, I am simply trying to communicate that turning screws wont work your biceps effectively. If you want to work the full range of motion for the biceps brachii pick up a dumbbell holding it in a neutral wrist position then while doing elbow flexion concurrently supinate the wrist so that when you are at full elbow flexion you are also and full supination reverse on the eccentric portion of the lift
>>
>>39811463
I'm gonna go with yes because traps and arms don't seem that huge, which roiders usually have.
>>
>>39810921
>>39810921
pls respond
>>
My lower back is really hurting, I think it's because of my squat form.What cues do beginners usually miss? I think I'm not bracing my core properly - any tips?
>>
How much should I pay for a set of parallel bars?

>inb4 use furniture, everything in my house is way too rickety
>>
>>39812167
back pain is either you leaning too far forward, butt wink, or not bracing your core or any combination of those,
This article covers lots of squatting cues pretty well https://www.t-nation.com/training/4-maxims-for-squatting-excellence
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.