[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pullups and Chinups every day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: pulls and chins everyday.jpg (69KB, 564x552px) Image search: [Google]
pulls and chins everyday.jpg
69KB, 564x552px
Thoughts on very high frequency training? I've done some research and the opinions and studies really seem to split on this one. Some say high frequency is the holy grail of hypertrophy training and should be done by every one who can afford investing the time, training up to 2 times every day (like some athletes who're obviously not natty). Others say it'll burn you out and you'll stall out all progress after just a couple of weeks.

Well, I'm doing SS but I'd like to do 1 set of pullups and 1 set of chinups every day. Essentially I want to get bigger lats and bigger biceps. I work an office job, so I don't put my body under any stress throughout the day. All other exercises on SS don't require you to use your biceps and lats (except for maybe the deadlift), so I figured this should be okay. Thoughts?
>>
>>39799531
treat them like every other exercise and give your body a chance to recover. if you do them every day to failure you won't progress worth shit.
>>
>>39799531
If you do them everyday you'll take 2 routes :
>you do 3 sets of your max pullups everyday and after a week your muscles stop working for an entire month
Or
>you work do 1 set of your max pullups everyday and it doesnt do shit
>>
>>39799544
I didn't really plan on going to failure. More like doing an amrap set pullups rest a couple of minutes and then do an amrap set of chinups and see how it works out. Sure, if I'm constantly sore and it affects my normal training, I'll be definitely stopping.
>>
High frequency works, and it can work particularly well for something you're not good at since you get a lot of practice.

You just have to compromise somewhere, and that's usually going to be intensity, and of course the amount of volume on a single day.
>>
>>39799569
I suppose my intensity would be considered moderate since I can do 12 clean pullups and 15 clean chinups without going to failure and if I aim for 10 pullups and 12 chinups every day, the volume also shouldn't be too high either.
>>
>>39799562
pullups and chinups are literally the same thing. chinups are easier because they use more muscles (biceps). lat activation is almost the same between the two unless you go very wide grip for pullups you won't notice the difference.

your plan sounds like grease the groove method which is fine at increasing the amount you can do quickly but it will burn you out fairly fast especially if you'll do any other upper body work.

i suggest doing them 1x per week weighted (3x5-8) and 2x per week of unweighted in the (2-3x8-12) range. this way you will get stronger and work on hypertrophy. if you do PPL routine do them on upper day, otherwise whenever you want.
>>
>>39799531
just try it op your body will adapt and still try to progress each time. But do it after your normal workout so you dont sacrifice your other lifts and make sure you eat
>>
>>39799593
Thanks for the input. I will probably switch to this, If I actually start amassing too much fatigue or just don't see the results I expected. I just believe that since I am sedentary the whole day and my regular training routine does not involve the muscles used in my gtg method training, my body should be able to withstand this relatively moderate amount of intensity and volume. And from what I've read muscle recovery only takes around 24-48 hours, so if I go light, I should probably be fully rested by the next day.

In any case, I'll have to try it out to see how it affects me specifically. I'll be sure to post my results if I think it's worth sharing.
>>
>>39799666
>do it after your normal workout
That was my plan in the first place. My main focus right now is to get stronger. This is actually just something I want to do for "fun" and it'd be nice if I could get a bigger back and biceps with this if it actually works.
>>
>>39799531
Op I do 3x10 pullups 3x10dips and 3x10 pushups everyday for warmup and I also do them all weighted with progression twice a week. It's called greasing the groove. I do the pullup dip pushup warmup also because it was something we did in the armed forces. Also my arms and back have been big because of this. I do rows pullups and chinups with little to no bicep isolations (Maby twice a week if I have time) and my arms are considerably larger than my curl bro buddies.
>>
>>39799758
Nice to read about someone who made his own experience with this. Hope to get similar results.
>>
>>39799813
Yeah I used to go all out when I was younger but burned myself out. If 3x10 gets too easy for you do them with a tempo. I explode up as fast as I can without kipping and go down slow for 2-3 seconds. Also I do this after or before conditioning in the a.m. Just give it a shot and see where it takes you.
>>
>>39799758
same man, glad someone's having the same results as me
I even do the same 3x10 for each exercise lol
>>
Greyskull program has you doing chins and push-ups every day. Several sets sets spread out evenly through the day, always stopping way shy of failure
>>
>>39799544
That's wrong you fucking retard.
>>
>>39799855
jfc nigga wtf?? smdh.
>>
You have to rest sometime.

I've done one arm chin training and am working on planche training.

There is a time for high frequency, but you'll see diminishing returns if it's all you do.

Once you hit a significant milestone that requires a new or different movement, then you need to grease the groove.

Do the new movement as much as possible for two or three days. Then rest for just as many days.

If you're just trying to maintain an old level of strength it works.

As for getting new new gains you will be training hard every day. Doing this without any rest can only go on so long. You'll see diminishing returns and eventually almost none.
Great for beginners though.
I used to train weighted chins every workout and made big gains up until proficient level. After that point rest starts becoming important.
>>
>>39800019
what is overreaching and overtraining
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.