[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I lose fat on antipsychotics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: download (11).jpg (6KB, 244x196px) Image search: [Google]
download (11).jpg
6KB, 244x196px
How the fuck do I lose fat on antipsychotics
>>
>>39795834
You literally can't.
>>
>>39795848
not op, but why not? Side effects including but not limited to this have kept me from being successful on meds (bc I don't take them lol)
>>
>>39795834
eat less calories than your body burns a day

if these things literally prevent your body from burning fat please educate me but ive got a sneaking suspicion they dont since that would mean your body doesn't obey the laws of physics
>>
File: kevin-levrone.jpg (45KB, 500x446px) Image search: [Google]
kevin-levrone.jpg
45KB, 500x446px
>>39795834

take steroids and clen, ditch the shill pills.

Descend into madness, leave humanity behind.
>>
>>39795848
My family keeps telling me that I'm just lazy and using the meds as an excuse. Can you link me a study or something so I can prove them wrong? I went from 215 in March to 285 now since I've been on meds
>>
>>39795898
I dont know of any studies but I've never seen a thin person on antipsychotics unless theyre are batshit insane and need them to keep them from killing people or something.
>>
>>39795886
It drastically slows down metabolism
>>
>>39795886

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/02/02/how-risperdal-risperidone-causes-weight-gain/

Here's an article about the drug in the op. It's not uncommon for psych meds to cause weight gain/weight loss. It seems mostly tied to the appetite increase/sedative effects of the drug but these drugs do affect hormone levels/fat storage as well it seems.
>>
You just need to suck it up and try harder unfortunately.

If you're not losing weight, you either need to eat fewer calories, do more activity or accept that you're not going to lose weight.

There may be some substances that can help you with this. Caffeine, ephedrine, nicotine, green tea extract, capsaicin, are all relatively "light" substances which act as thermogenics and most appetite suppressants.

There are harder substances available, but these are illegal and considered drugs, and are dangerous if not used properly. Things like clenbuterol, thyroid hormone (T3) and DNP.

Any of these may or may not be contraindicated with your illness/medication, i.e. stimulants can induce mania, so be careful if you do decide to go down this route.
>>
>If you're not losing weight, you either need to eat fewer calories, do more activity or accept that you're not going to lose weight.
this

>How the fuck do I lose fat
Like every other human on earth you stupid fuck. Are those pills 500 cal each?
>>
>>39795886
Your brain uses most of your calories and these shut down your brain
>>
>>39796786
>Your brain uses most of your calories
This is pretty stupid
>>
>>39795834

hi fit. i've been on quetiapine for a year now and i've started getting healthier with my diet.

is it true that this is bullshit and that the fat gains only come from increased hunger? because i for sure have that munchie feel that will make you eat anything available, whenever you take these meds it feels like you haven't eaten ever. i have no problem with that it's not impossible or very hard to deal with but if this shit slows down my metabolism so i can't make the weight loss from eating this oatmeal like crazy i need to get off the meds asap and go crazy mode . idgaf i'd rater be crazy and beautiful than sane and ugly
>>
>>39796786
Your brain uses around 600 calories a day, and I can't imagine these meds could even shave a quarter of that off
>>39795834
Calculate your TDEE and then eat 500-700 calories lower than that just to be safe. Make sure you autistically count every single calorie you eat.
>>
Ephedrine and T3.

You'll also lose muscle from the T3, and the combination of an amphetamine and exogenous thyroid hormones will probably have hilarious reactions with an anti-psychotic.

But you'll be skinny, maybe.
>>
Risperdal gives you gyno, for real.
>>
>>39795886
You're underestimating how tough it is.

I was on antipsychotics for a while and they literally sap you of energy while also slowing your metabolism.

I remember feeling so drained that I felt like even if I was crossing the street and saw a truck racing towards me, I wouldn't be able to react. It was crushing.

I can't even imagine trying to work out on them.
>>
>>39796957
How much energy does it take to track a calorie?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.