[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me /fit/ How do I fix my chicken head posture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (6KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 260x194px
Please help me /fit/

How do I fix my chicken head posture?
>>
Just pay more attention to it.
>>
>>39790785
Stand up straight no matter what. Constantly be aware of it. People will respect you more. You will look beta as fuck slouched.
>>
>>39790785
I've been fixing mine by laying flat and stretching/ breathing deeply/ sleeping without a pillow, I dunno. Seems to be working.
Also just sit up straight all the time, look out and around and not down and hunched, perhaps at a phone?
>>
>>39790827
I forgot how to fucking stand up straight, any exercises to correct posture?
>>
you probably also have a pelvic tilt so fix tight hip flexors and weak abs
>>
File: 1482539992765.jpg (38KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1482539992765.jpg
38KB, 720x540px
Do these exercises
>>
>>39790844
>stretching/ breathing deeply/ sleeping without a pillow

stretching and breathing doesnt do anything for posture. The pillow think may help though.
Just be aware of your posture and maintain it till it becomes natural, and you dont think of it anymore. Takes everything from a few weeks to a month+
>>
>>39790846
exercises suck at fixing posture, compared to just adjusting your posture throughout the day.

>>39790865
Its not caused by weak abs and tight hip flexors. Its caused by your ostural habits. Like how you sit and what you do.

Just be aware of posture.
>>
File: forwar_head_posture.jpg (67KB, 460x615px) Image search: [Google]
forwar_head_posture.jpg
67KB, 460x615px
>>39790785

>Roll shoulders back
>Tuck chin slightly towards neck
>Tongue at roof of mouth
>Tense tongue at the back
>Gently clench jaw, keep your mouth closed

Its going to suck for several months. Its going to be really hard to stick with. Just correct it when you realize you're not doing these things, and it will gradually become a habit. Your chin, jaw, and neck are probably going to look bad for a while because they've adapted to bad posture. It should tighten up in a year or so.

None of this will feel natural at first, but as you practice, you'll get a feel for what's natural.

If nothing else, take comfort in the beibs ridiculous posture.
>>
i do this thing i call "walking meditation"

when you're walking anywhere, focus on your whole bodies movements, adjust.

this type of focus also strengthens the mind-body mapping your brain, clears your head of pain and stress. and it's helped my posture
>>
>tfw chinlet and fixing my posture would just make me look like an even bigger chinlet
what do?
>>
>>39792891
Thank you walking bird of chicken meditation
>>
>>39790846
one thing my physical therapist told me about posture which helped me is; imagine there was a string at the top of your head dragging your head up, that fixes most posture problems
>>
>>39793034
This has helped me a bit as well. Just try to stand as tall as possible and your posture will improve.
>>
>>39790785
Conscious effort. Everytime you notice you're slouching, you pull yourself straight. Keep doing it, and it'll keep getting easier. Unless you're a legit hunchback- then you're fucked.
>>
alexander technique
>>
Sleep at night such that your body is raised and your head is lowered. Put your body on a pillow and your head flat on the bed.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.