[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't extend my arm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: extended_arm_by_foxdmca.jpg (27KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
extended_arm_by_foxdmca.jpg
27KB, 600x800px
Hey /fit/, i started working out yesterday and for some reason i can't extend my left arm, is this normal? How can i fix it?
>>
>>39783741
As in first workout ever?

Yea it's probably nothing. Especially if you do everything right handed.
>>
>>39783747
It's my second work out, I know feeling sore is normal but i freaked out as soon as i noticed i couldn't extend my arm.
>>
>>39783762
Give it a week and I'm sure it'll go away.

Is it extremely sore or just not quite locking out?
>>
>>39783768
Not extremely sore.
>>
>>39783778
I'm pretty sure I've had similar. When you start lifting you have to work out odd little clicks and creaks you've picked up over the years.

Better to find them that way then when you're old.
>>
>>39783741
Don't worry. Just massage it a little, and get the blood flowing, it's all part of the process. Take some magnesium tablets, eat your bananas if you are prone to cramps. Most importantly eat 500 cals over your daily metabolic rate for the next three days.

Your first month lifting is the hardest to recover from a workout. Soon you will get to the point where you wish you had this feeling more because it means you reached your limit and your muscle is growing at the maximum rate.
>>
>>39783839
Will do, thanks, and hey it's christmas so i'm sure i'll eat more 500 cals.
>>
completely normal for if you've just started or haven't lifted properly in months

it will go OP just give it a few days.. don't let it put you off lifting heavy once you're at the gym again
>>
>>39783859
Well i didn't lift anything too heavy, i'm very skinny and dyel.
>>
>>39783886
it's heavy relative to what you used to lift (nothing).
>>
>>39783890
Oh alright, well i hope some day i can lift heavy weights.
>>
>>39783899
there's no reason to think you won't. in the future, this will only happen when you return to lifting after a few weeks off.
>>
Not OP and slightly off topic, but when you guys started lifting did you guys love that feeling of barely being able to lift your arms and shit? This feels fantastic, it feels as if you're doing something. Admittedly I'm skele tier and can barely lift my arms after 20 pushups, but nonetheless this feels great.
>>
>>39783903
Yes. Also when you train until you're arms drift up on their own.
>>
>>39783903
DOMS
Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.

Enjoy. Let them drift you off into sleepland. Listen to the tune of them muscles and you will know the moment they are ready to be worked out again.
>>
>>39783741
lol this happened after my first ever arm workout, its because you experiuenced your first pump and so the mucles strethched the skins so it makes it impossible to bend it properly until ur skin adjusts to ur new muscle size
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.