[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

rugby

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: roog.jpg (815KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
roog.jpg
815KB, 1280x720px
any ruggers on /fit/ ?
post positions, level of play, lifting stats, etc
>>
>>39782803
there's an anon here who plays for the chiefs.

me? haven't play footy since i was a wee lad
>>
>>39782803

Used to play in college.

I'll call it "D1" even though the rugby club was one very small step above beer league. Played goddamn everywhere because we were always short on people. First season was primarily as a back, was a winger until our inside center got hurt and generally took over for him. After that, was a forward mostly, winger occasionally, and hooker more often than not. I liked hooker the best.

Last I played, I was 5'10'' 220 lbs and could squat LMAO5PLAYT, bench 285 lbs with a pause, and deadlift 485 lbs. Was kind of on the slow side though.

If I end up moving to a town with a men's club, I'll probably start playing again. Until then, I just powerlift. Now at 585 lbs squat, 315 lbs paused bench, and 525 lbs deadlift.
>>
>>39782812
being a forward seems brutal, I play winger and I'm dead after a few tackles lmao
I bet you could fuck shit up with your weight and strength though
>>
File: 1432024921358.gif (875KB, 250x231px) Image search: [Google]
1432024921358.gif
875KB, 250x231px
>>39782803
I mainly play lock for under 21's, but can fill in for the loose forwards. 18 y.o, 6'2, 80kg.
90kg bench
130kg squat
150kg deadlift
Debating whether or not to lift for hypertrophy and gain a bit of lean mass before the season, or focus on strength gains.
>>
>>39782983
I think you should do some hypertrophy to get ready for the weight you're gunna lose from all the cardio in-season
>>
>>39782828

When I played winger, I was usually bigger than the guys I was tackling. As long as I got up on them before they got enough room to move around my slow ass, I was a very good tackler in the wing.

But there was one guy who was apparently a backup RB at a nearby college for their football team that the year prior was ranked in the top 10 in the country. This dumb motherfucker had clearly not played much rugby, because he was the inside center and he kept running sideways, trying to turn the corner like an American football player.

There wasn't any corner, only me stuck at winger, forced to tackle him. He was the only guy I had to tackle out at winger that had 20 fucking pounds on me. I DID actually tackle him, but I ended up getting a concussion the third time I had to do it.
>>
>>39782992
Yeah fair point, I wouldn't really want to be any lighter than I am right now if I'm going to be playing tight 5.
>>
>>39782983

I would stronger recommend lifting weight and gaining weight in the offseason, especially at lock. Give yourself 4 weeks or so for some conditioning before the season starts, where you just try to keep your strength up while getting ready for actual rugby.

I know it's U21, but a lock should generally be heavier.
>>
>>39783019
football players on my team always run sideways and use other players to shepherd them, I guess it's a force of habit but damn it's annoying

I weigh about 140 pounds and often times have to tackle fucking forwards with 30-90 pounds on me because they run towards the sidelines
>>
>>39782983
>>39783027
american here, what's U21
>>
File: 1455343534515.jpg (177KB, 635x648px) Image search: [Google]
1455343534515.jpg
177KB, 635x648px
>>39783027
Cheers man, I'll see what I can do about chucking on a few kgs.
>>39783071
Under 21 years old.
>>
>>39782803

Prop forward, 6'4", 120kg at about 15% body fat, squat 155kg, deadlift 190kg, bench who the fuck cares.
>>
>>39782803
old fuck.
play hooker or tight head. 95kg,
shit lifts, aggressive as fuck.
>>
>>39782803
Last played at age 18. Which is 15 bloody years ago. Haven't known the rough touch of a man since, feels bad.
>>
>>39782803
I play for the chiefs jounor squad
185 103
1.25/2.5/4/5.5
>>
>>39782983
Do both
Upper/lower
One lower day Oly style squat/pull
One upper day 5*5:Bench workout
The other two days heavy assistance lifts like box/front/ssb squat, rack pull, w chin/pull ups and dips
>>
2nd row
80kg bench
130kg squat
150kg dead
60kg OHP (please kill me)
Vertical jump 55cm

Only a 5th but we've done really well recently despite being team pisshead. Not been liftan long but feel more confident in scrums, really want to boost jumping height for my line outs
>>
>>39784202

Sadly, there's not a lot you can do to train your vertical leap height, regardless what dipshit fitness personalities will tell you. It has less to do with how and how much you train, and more to do with motor unit recruitment and what proportion of your muscle fibers are TypeII fast twitch.

25 inches isn't bad. It's above average. You might be able to wring another couple of inches out of it by regular training of power cleans.
>>
6'0
185lbs
Flanker
155kg squat
200kg diddly
120kg bench
77.5kg OHP
Played flank my whole life in the UK, currently captain of my small ass college rugby team in bumfuck nowhere USA.
Gets mad grills tho, American girls sploosh over a rugby lad.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.