[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Train around injury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bakerscyst.jpg (20KB, 400x405px) Image search: [Google]
bakerscyst.jpg
20KB, 400x405px
So, after 3 months of lifting it's official, I can't squat unless I get my Baker's Cyst removed. I can do everything else. Every variation of the squats that requires to go deep will hurt my knee.

I need a way to fully develop my glutes and legs. I want to keep it short so the best would be 2 exercises, but I will do 3 if I can't find an acceptable solution.

My thoughts:

- (walking or rear) Lunges + Romanian DLs
- Hack Squats + Romanian DLs
- TrapBar DLs + Romanian DLs

Are any of these good enough? If you have other suggestions please, help.

Also: I was doing Phrak's GSLP that have 3x5 Squats - what rep ranges should I use for these replacement exercises?
>>
Help plz, I even bought a fucking power perfect 2 pair. Let me get respectable legs.
>>
>>39779764
for glutes/hamstrings, deadlift variants are king anyway, so you don't need to worry too much about this

for quads, you can do leg presses (easiest to progressively overload, start with these), lunges, step ups, leg extensions, etc. there is no shortage of quad movements you can try, find one that doesn't hurt

i would go higher rep on leg presses, they're not very technically complicated and you form on these will hold together well even with high reps and a lot of fatigue
>>
>>39780168
I don't have machines, just barbells, kettle bells, dumbbells, a weighted vest. Are step up really good?

Also, what about rep ranges?I suppose I can't really do 5 reps anymore with these exercises
>>
>>39779764

Baker's cysts usually require no treatment unless they are symptomatic. It is very rare that the symptoms are actually coming from the cyst. In most cases, there is another disorder in the knee (arthritis, meniscal (cartilage) tear, etc.) that is causing the problem. Initial treatment should be directed at correcting the source of the increased fluid production. Often rest and leg elevation are all that is needed. If necessary, the cyst can be aspirated to reduce its size, then injected with a corticosteroid to reduce inflammation. Surgical excision is reserved for cysts that cause a great amount of discomfort to the patient. A ruptured cyst is treated with rest, leg elevation, and injection of a corticosteroid into the knee.

Nigger what are you doing? Just stop messing around, get that shit fixed and then come back, your gains will never truly go away unless you're in a coma. If you're young you will snap back to current levels in a jiffy.
>>
>>39780191
I'm 29. The cyst is likely caused by a meniscal tear I got from soccer when I was 16. I'll try to talk to orthopedics for solutions but all I got to this point was just "do exercises that doesn't hurt". Which makes sense, but still.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.