[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

making it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1453270564067.jpg (64KB, 800x708px) Image search: [Google]
1453270564067.jpg
64KB, 800x708px
>was a neet obese 26 year old virgin
>loose all the weight
>get pretty big and strong
>get an ok job
>loose virginity
>get girlfriend

I made it but im more depressed than when I started
>>
>>39773600

Are you me
>>
Why? Do you feel like no matter what you attain, none of it really matters?
>>
>>39773600
I think we're all a little depressed man. Life just seems like an endless cycle of ups and downs
>>
>>39773600
read this anon
http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/11/life-is-picture-but-you-live-in-pixel.html
>>
>>39773600
you lost all your wizard powers gathering inside you and know you feel empty inside
>>
File: 1444274793754.png (68KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
1444274793754.png
68KB, 470x469px
>>39773600
Get out normie

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1421694653712.jpg (271KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1421694653712.jpg
271KB, 1440x960px
You're getting all these good things and that's real good, but you're not "living". You know what I mean? You just can't lift for lifting or get girlfriend just for getting girlfriend: You need to have a mental justification for the actions you take. Whatever you do you need for it to have meaning.

Ask yourself: What do I do this for? What's the plan? What do I want to see and remember just before I die? You may not be able to ask these questions now, but you can think about them. Things that interest you may start popping up: Maybe you want to see the world, be a professional poker player, have children, learn to pilot a plane, find a partner or friend you can talk about anything without fear, or any of that.

So for example, let's say that you´re like me and your number one goal is to see the most of the world before you die. So:
>why do I lift?
to be healthy and live longer
>why do I want to be strong?
the world is a dangerous place so being strong helps me survive
>why do I work this job?
to save up for my trips
>why do I get a girlfriend? what do I look in her?
to have someone with whom I can share my dreams and happiness, to have someone for support

So there you go. When you do things with purpose, depression becomes a nuisance. It helped me and now my down moments are short and far in between. The last one came half a year ago when I broke up with my girlfriend and the first month after the fact wasn't very good. But I pulled through it because I knew it was better, since we didn't share the same goals and we would end up making ourselves miserable. The pain faded away after one month.

I don't know if this is the kind of answer you were looking for, or this answers your problem. It may answer someone's though. I hear of these kind of troubles all the time.
>>
>>39775658
>http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/11/life-is-picture-but-you-live-in-pixel.html
can someone tl;dr this yea i know i'm a lazy fuck
>>
>>39777417
oh i get now now, fuck its so accurate thanks anon for sharing
>>
>loose

What the fuck is wrong with this generation?
>>
File: 1482459359260.jpg (19KB, 426x314px) Image search: [Google]
1482459359260.jpg
19KB, 426x314px
>>39773600
>Mfw I've lost 130lbs
Still have 70 to go but I'm getting there
> Only slightly less unhappy than I was at 400lbs
>Job doesn't allow me much of a social life at all
> Mfw you can fix your body, but you can't fix that you hate yourself.
>>
>accidentally like photo of girl I was fb stalking who is on my course, happens to be the cutest on the course
>unlike instantly
>shame, embarrassment and fear all kick in at once
>half an hour later she friends me
I made it.
>>
Losing weight won't make happy busy like getting a girlfriend won't make you happy just like moving to a new town won't make you happy. Happiness comes from within. It's an attitude. Maybe you're expecting too much out of life. Maybe you're depressed.

Exterior changes are rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. The only change worthwhile comes from within.

Stop fixating on everything you think is wrong and try to be gracious for your life and everything you do have. Clear your mind of negative thoughts and just take a minute to revel in the fact that you are a conscious being.

I guarantee many people are far worse off than you.
>>
>>39778429
Keep up the great work bro.
>>
>>39773600
Get sober
>>
File: 1481383077124.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1481383077124.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
>>39778449
Pee in her butt.
>>
>>39775772

You are a strong man with a good character, rare thing around here.

You're gonna make it, sounds like you already are
>>
>>39778449
Why the fuck would you unlike the pic? People like pics of girls all the time, calm the fuck down.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.