[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an fatass a athlete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Is an fatass a athlete?
>>
>>39768499
no.
>>
>>39768499
Say what you want, geared lifting is cooler than raw.
>>
>>39768499
Only if they can diddle half a ton.
>>
>>39768512
/thread
>>
Of course. Many sports don't require an athlete to have low body fat. Elite sumo wrestlers, hammer and shot put throwers, powerlifters, are all athletic.
>>
>>39768707
Found the planet.
>>
No, execution during the event is not the a major factor. If you can deadlift 600 pounds, then on competition day, you will still deadlift 600 pounds. The variance from your max is almost non-existent.

Team sports are hard to quantify because defense is involved. But looking at relatively simple individual sports like bowling and golf, you can see a fundamental difference. A professional bowler is clearly capable of bowling a 300. But do they consistently bowl a 300? No they do not, due to the fact that execution is the key factor involved. Similarly, a golfer at tournament will likely have 4 different scores for the 4 rounds of golf. Again, because executing each shot is a difficult task in itself and will not be done at your maximum potential consistently. This ultimately means a less talented golfer or bowler can beat a much better one through superior execution on that given day.

There is also the factor of adaptation. The parameters of a weightlifting meet are the same, and any miniscule discrepancies from meet to meet will not affect your lifts. This is not true for other sports. In the cases of bowling and golfing, the oil patterns and golf courses are different each time. Sports with a defensive aspect provide the greatest need for adaptation because you're adapting to another human who affects what you are to do.

These aspects are absolutely necessary for sport to exist. Powerlifting and Olympic lifting are not sports, while strongman is.
>>
>>39768838
I agree with you but you should still kill yourself
>>
>>39768499
>an fatass
Laughed way harder than I should have
>>
File: images.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 225x225px
>>39768933
I agree with you as well.
>>
>>39768933
I felt the same way. Nice fucking essay.
>>
>>39768933
This
>>
>>39768707
>just lifting heavy stuff
>athletic

pick one
>>
>>39770714
An athlete must be able to run a 18k in under 2 hours
Do 500 pullups
4k situps
5k pushups
If you don't do body weight or cardio you are not an athlete. FACT
>>
>>39770842
Worse bait than the OP
>>
>>39770853
>insulting people with an ironic post is now bait
were has my 4chan gone?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.