[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CLIMBERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Vf3F9.png (633KB, 799x960px) Image search: [Google]
Vf3F9.png
633KB, 799x960px
Any climbers on here?
>how hot are climber girls?
>want to start climbing
>how should I prepare myself?
>what pulls actually transfer?

I've just been doing weighted pulls and hanging on the pullup bar for minutes to develop finger strength
>>
>>39758703
Generally hot, It can be expensive and requires that you be in somewhat good shape as well as have some semblance of thoughtfullness and hardwork.

These types of hobbies tend to be filled with attractive healthy people.
(surfing, climbing, skydiving, etc.)

You should go climb, you'll figure it out pretty quickly.
>>
Invest in a hangboard
Find a boulder gym
Climb anything (walls trees anything)
Bodyweight>Freeweight usually
Someone from /out/ probably has the sticky for climbing if You can find it
>>
>>39758703
so many cute girls at climbing gyms.

fatties and unfit girls don't make it past a day or two of climbing. the ones that are left are usually fit and/or petite. memberships aren't too expensive but they ain't cheap. it seems that people that take a liking to climbing generally do it a lot.

you don't "prepare," you just start climbing and learning. i used to do gymnastics as a kid and i have a pretty good strength:weight ratio (manlet privileges) and climbing was still tough as fuck starting out. you can't power through everything or you'll have short days. watch the fucking spidermonkeys that fly up a wall and learn from them. everyone's really friendly too, just ask them for pointers/help.
>>
lots of hot girls

pull ups will prepare you but just go out there and do it, one of the best parts is that it is fun
protip, you want to use your legs more than you arms, a lot of beginners try and use their arms to get up the wall, all of the work should be in your legs
>>
>>39759571
forgot to mention, pistol squats and dips can be applicable in certain routes

I have even used my traps in certain routes
>>
it takes a helluva lot of very specific finger strength. hanging on a bar wont help much for this.

as far as pulling strength transferring over...it does to an extent, but climbing is more endurance focused. For example, I think its better to be able to crank out 20 pullups than 5 heavy weighted pullups.

like others have said, just go climb and if you like it, climb more.
>>
>>39758703
My boulder/top rope gym has dumbbells and a squat rack, as well as hangboards etc. it's roughly as expensive as the gym I used to go to.
Definitely buy your own gear cause the membership with gear provided is much more expensive and at the end of the year you'd have been better off buying your own.
>>
Do not go near a hangboard or campus board within your first year (better two) of climbing. Climb as much as you can with sufficient rest in between.

For climbing, technique and mental strength/tactics are equally important as fitness. Especially for proper roped sport or trade climbing, the mental aspect is huge. Train your mind. Adress fear of falling quickly by practicing falling and climbing at your limit.

Getting a lot of climbing done focusing on proper technique in the beginning helps a lot. If you are kind of fit and not fat, strength is typically not the limiting factor until you start pushing towards 7b or fb 6C (I think this is about 5.12 or v7). If you want to get fitter, simply going bouldering and a bit of 4x4 (look it up) will do the trick. Climbing is specific, the best you can train for it is to go climbing a lot. If your fat, better lose weight though.

There's plenty of books with info. The self coached climber is a great resource, and there's another book by dave McLeod that's good as well.

Last thing: go climb outdoors as soon as you can and as much as you can. There's nothing better. Monkeying around on plastic is nice and ok for training, but it's crazy compared to climbing a hard project or classic test piece outdoors.

I started two years ago. To me, this is the greatest sport ever. Climbed my first 7b this year, and my first 7B boulder as well. I don't do much dedicated physical training still. Go figure.
>>
*crap not crazy and obviously you're not your, shitty phone
>>
Climbing is so fun.
Girls are attractive. Being physically fit is helpful, but the best way to be good at it is climbing, and a lot. A lot of good advice in this thread, but one thing that helped me is if you want to get good, don't focus on one hard problem like I see a lot of people at the gym do. They all crowd around and all struggle with a V4-V5. I just climb like 15-30 problems each time I go and I can easily finish most V4-V5 on a try or two.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.