[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - *baaaarp* edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 35

File: unnamed.jpg (101KB, 852x480px)
unnamed.jpg
101KB, 852x480px
Likeliest answer to your question:
>Read the sticky.
>Depends.
>Stats?
>Read the goddamn sticky.
>1plt = 135lbs/60kg.
>SS.
>1.6g/kg.
>It's probably tendonitis.
>Nobody knows.
>Stay away from strawberry, it's shit.
>The dinosaur, it dances for you.
>>
>>39753766
nice summary of the last thread
>>
>>39753796
That's every thread, you might as well sticky one and be done with it. But people would probably ignore it just like the actual sticky.
>>
File: eagleone.jpg (15KB, 700x303px)
eagleone.jpg
15KB, 700x303px
>>
I posted from the other thread
>>39753435
>>39753359
6'1" skelly at 173 lbs
65 lb the press
170 dl
130 squat
95 barbell row
95 bp
With assistance of assisted pull ups, now I do negatives for dips. I haven't gone to the gym three time a week in about a month, usually I go two because of time constraints, that's why my lifts are low.
>>
>>39753854
Forgot to mention that I'm bulking and have gained around twenty pounds from when I started.
>>
>>39753766
Why is brapposting so funny?
>>
>>39753854
Mate, I don't want to scare ya but something is very wrong.
If you're a skelly at 173lbs, then your lean mass should be around 70kg.
For reference, at that height and with that lean mass I was putting up more than twice those numbers.
How much calories and protein do you eat per day? What weights did you start out with?
>>
>>39753876
it's not. It's another forced meme.

>>39753874
>>39753854
Even 2 times a week, your lifts should be much, much higher than that.
>>
>>39753766
U forgot
>Eat more
>>
>>39753884
I'm exaggerating a little with saying I'm a skelly, my body fat is probably around 17 percent or so if I were to estimate.
I eat around 170 grams of protein a day, or really try to.
I was eating 3300 calories, but learned my bulk TDEE should be like 2600, I've just been estimating what I'm eating calorie wise. I deloaded on ohp, and last a couple of weeks ago the stronglifts app asked me if I wanted to deload ten percent and work up, because I hadn't worked out in a week, so I took the opportunity.
>>
An employee at my new starbucks job is a cunt.

As in he's joking and social with all the girls in a "negging" manner I guess but they like it. All the guys like him too.

When I work with him though he's a general douche and seems to be ready to snap at any moment if I make a single mistake. I'm a new hire and am still learning everything.

What is the right way of dealing with this and basically telling him to fuck off with the attitude?
>>
>>39753854
>>39753874
>Forgot to mention that I'm bulking and have gained around twenty pounds from when I started.
So you've been eating at a decent surplus.
And even with lifting only twice a week you should still have much, much higher numbers.
Either you're doing every exercise colossally wrong, have the worst genetics ever, are barely eating any protein or you have a medical problem.
>>
Are non GMO products a meme?
>>
>>39753955
as someone who works at whole foods, yes, they are a complete meme.

There is literally nothing wrong with GMO's. They have no sustained effects on humans recorded in any studies, it's all just health fad shit.
>>
>>39753932
If he has everyone on his side there's nothing you can do
You can try giving him the same attitude back but then he'll turn people against you
>>
>>39753977
Couldn't I just go "Please, enough with the attitude" in a direct manner casually as I'm doing my job so as to not appear like I want a big confrontation and to establish myself as not a bitch?
>>
>>39753988
confrontation means one of two things:

1. He realizes that you're bothered by his attitude and says "shit man, I was only joking"

2. He realizes this annoys you and keeps it up because he doesn't like you.
>>
>>39753932
>Depends.
No seriously, it depends on your personality and what you are comfortable with doing and where your priorities/tolerances lie. In general, when you're new at a high-pressure job and are still learning everyone will be on your ass. I'd put my head down and try to learn as quickly as possible, if the guy gets personal or doesn't let up once you're no longer fresh meat - tell him to tone it down. Don't get violent (unless he starts it or gets really fucking personal,) it doesn't prove anything and will fuck you over more than anyone else if you need the money/experience. But that's just me.

>>39753922
3300kcal was definitely way too much. At 65kg lean mass your lifts should still be higher on that frame. How long do you rest between sets? How much do you sleep? You don't need 170g of protein, 120g should be plenty for you (if they're high quality like meat, eggs, milk, beans etc.)
>>
>>39754014
this sounds like a plan.

He doesn't really intimidate me, but it's just really annoying to work in what is otherwise a great job with good coworkers and my biggest fear here is establishing myself as a beta that everyone can rag on with impunity.
>>
File: _20161220_204343.jpg (1MB, 2160x3618px)
_20161220_204343.jpg
1MB, 2160x3618px
>>39754014
>>39753889
Here's a pic for reference. How do I git gud and actually start lifting what I should be?

I usually get 7 hours of sleep or so.

At one point about a month in I restarted completely to work on form, but that doesn't explain why my lifts aren't entirely up to snuff
>>
File: 1423979566500.jpg (4KB, 125x119px)
1423979566500.jpg
4KB, 125x119px
>>39754039
>that pic
jesus fucking christ

you have 0 muscle development and love handles on a thin frame. You're skinnyfat as FUCK. No wonder your lifts are shit.

This tells me that you're either not pushing yourself or lying about your gym frequency. Either way those pounds you bulked up seem to be entirely fat.
>>
>>39754067
Thanks senpai, now how can I do better?
>>
Should I be arching my back at all during the bench press?
>>
File: SS for retards.png (676KB, 1375x482px)
SS for retards.png
676KB, 1375x482px
>>39754078
Go to the gym 3 times a week while bulking. Bulk EVERY day, not just on gym days. Make sure you are counting calories via weight, not just rough measurements. Most skellies don't actually measure their food. Be sure to get enough protein (though for you it shouldn't be that much)

Drop all lifts down 10-20 pounds and focus on your form. Check out Stonglifts for this, it has extremely in-depth guides on just about every lift.

Once you think you have the form correct, start adding 5 pounds to each lift every session. Continue this until you fail a set. And by fail I don't mean "I don't think I can do it" I mean "I ran out of energy halfway into the lift. If you're lifting without a spotter, look up the instructions for safely failing sets for each type of exercise.

Continue this trend and follow the infograph.
>>
thinking of joining the rugby society this term. Any tips or general advice?
>>
File: Untitled.png (375KB, 1203x1167px)
Untitled.png
375KB, 1203x1167px
>>39754039
Here's your strength score, I used your numbers for 7RM (since that is usually equivalent to 5X5 weights.)

Mate, even if you looked at a weight while eating that many calories you should have ended up much better.
Not trying to put you down or anything but either you're lying about going to the gym or you're not putting in any effort at all.
The only advice we can give you over the internet is: lift.
Go three times a week, do all 5 sets and all 5 reps with full rom, add weight and push yourself. Asks regulars for a form check or record yourself and upload here.
>>
My lower back hurts while squatting at the bottom position . It didn't before and I haven't upped the weight. I believe it's actually the glute insertion. Ideas?
>>
>>39754129
>>39754109
I'll make sure I go three times a week, though that might hurt my sleep on some days. I guess just try harder then to get better, I've been doing 3 sets of 5 after I switched from 5x5 because my workouts were taking too long.
>>
File: 49223-0550x0475.jpg (128KB, 475x550px) Image search: [Google]
49223-0550x0475.jpg
128KB, 475x550px
>>39754133
How long have you been lifting? Stats? Do you go ATG? How's your ankle mobility? Has anyone changed from before when you had no pain? Do you have ATP? Is it a throbbing or a tingling? Does it only hurt during squats or during regular activities too? Maybe you could circle on this pic where exactly it hurts.
>>
>>39754155
>my workouts were taking too long.
No they weren't. With those weights your workouts shouldn't take more than an hour - and that's including warm-up and assuming a decently packed gym. If you don't have 3 hours per week, then do pushups at home or something, your wasting your money on a gym membership.
>>
>>39754172
On mobile so I can't edit pic. I've been lifting about two years on and off. Like 2 months this time with steady progress. Lifting 1.25pl8 while being 209lbs. I can't go ATG due to fat gut only to parallel. It's a throbbing kind of only during the lower portion of the squat whether in the gym or outside. Pain located just left of the spine where the glute begins and the lower back ends. Also, foam rolling makes it better.
>>
>>39754210
>>39754172
Forgot to mention Im on SL and have no actual rest days since I do battling ropes in between lifting days. Maybe that's a factor.
>>
>>39754188
I do SS and even when it's packed (IE waiting for a bar between every lift) it doesn't even take me an hour.
>>
File: Alphonso_Taft.jpg (26KB, 500x600px)
Alphonso_Taft.jpg
26KB, 500x600px
I want to start deadlifting but dont want to hurt myself in the process. Are there any chain gyms that offer some kind of affordable training?
>>
>>39754210
Yeah, could be a bruised tendon. But it could also be something wrong with your SC joint. I'd rest for about two weeks and do very gentle stretches in the meantime. Patience is the name of the game.
>>
>>39754263
>training
>for deadlift

are you stupid?
>>
>>39754090
If you want nice round titties, then yes. As long as you keep your hips on the bench an arched back is fine.

>>39754112
Run a three month cycle of SS or SL for general strength and Couch to 5k for endurance. After that focus on explosive power and agility drills to complement your sports training.
>>
>>39754275
Yes thats why im concerned id hurt myself
>>
>>39754270
Right now I am at the gym. I can say that after some sets the pain subsides quite a bit but doesn't dissapear.
>>
>>39754285
deadlifts aren't dangerous unless you're trying to lift 3pl8 on your first ever time.
>>
>>39754239
Yeah it probably is, rest is important mate.

>>39754263
Most gyms have PTs, most are not that great but should be competent enough to at least check basic compounds.

Don't worry. You likely won't end up in a wheel-chair if you botch a 1plt deadlift a couple of times, your spine is not that fragile. Just make an effort to learn and maybe record yourself and upload here or ask someone who knows his shit to check you. As long as you don't half-ass it and pay attention you will be fine. Have fun, it's a great lift.
>>
>>39754298
I had a very similar experience with tennis elbow until it became debilitating. Warming up and stretching and rolling helped but it would come back and hurt more after each workout.

I had to take 3 weeks off from upper body stuff because it got so bad. Please do yourself a favor and nip whatever issue you have early, before it becomes a more chronic issue. If the other anon is right and it's a tendon, you might be in for something nasty if you don't try to get better asap.

The longer you wait the worse it gets and your recovery time exponentially increases.
>>
>>39754324
K. So how do I get it better? Foam rolling, stretching, rest. What else?
>>
>>39754313
He's absolutely right to want to learn the right way. They aren't dangerous while pulling baby-weight, but if you learn it wrong at this stage because of "oh, don't worry about it, bro" then it's very hard to do right once you hit serious weight.

>>39754298
Yep, had the same thing happen every time I had tendonitis. Better quit squatting for a week or two, mate. It will get worse if you don't, maybe not right away - but it will.
>>
>>39754338
Try foam rolling your psoas. About an inch or two to the right of your belly button. It'll feel like a cable deep in your gut. It'll hurt.
>>
>>39754345
>Yep, had the same thing happen every time I had tendonitis. Better quit squatting for a week or two, mate. It will get worse if you don't, maybe not right away - but it will.

How about diddy lifting? Also, what do meanwhile since I only have access to freeweights?
>>
>>39754338
Mostly rest. Foam rolling can help, but it also can make matters worse. Stretches should be very gentle, just enough to prevent stiffness. Eat plenty of omega-3 and 6 in the right ratios and enjoy your unplanned vacation from squatting. Somewhere in the multiverse there is a version of you that decided to keep on going and that will have a very bad time for it.
>>
I'm 5'9 140lbs

Is it alright to dirty bulk, lads?
>>
>>39754377
it's never okay to dirty bulk unless your goal is to be a fatass.
>>
>>39754365
I would quit lower body work entirely, just rest. I usually had adductor trouble, didn't affect deadlifts much because of narrow stance. But in your case I'd stop both. Or ask a therapist/doc to examine you, he'll have much better insight.
>>
>>39754377
No. It won't do you much good and time spent cutting is time spent making sub-optimal gains.
>>
Is jump rope HIIT a good substitude for running/sprinting?
>>
>>39754369
>>39754407
How about battling ropes? Can I keep that?
>>
What's better Low bar squat or high bars squat?
>>
>>39754527
I wouldn't, I like having functioning shoulders. But do whatever you like.
>>
>>39754557
Neither is better, per se. They're just different:
>High bar.
Greater quad recruitment, more demand on ankle mobility.
>Low bar.
Greater hamstring/glute recruitment, easier to do with marginally flexible ankles.
>>
>>39754517
In what regards? I imagine it's hard to approach the same % of VO2max even doing double unders, but the heart is a dumb muscle.
>>
>>39754590
hamstring involvement in any squat pattern is really pretty minimal, i believe
>>
>>39754614
So basically sprinting HIIT is more effective than jumping rope?
>>
File: images-31.jpg (21KB, 437x336px)
images-31.jpg
21KB, 437x336px
I've been hitting compound lifts harder every 2nd day for the last 2 weeks.

And now my neck is clicking...anyone had this problem? Is it cancer?
>>
I have uneven pecs. I don't do decline bench but my left pec looks like I do and seems larger and much more defined than my right. I'll get a pic in the morning, bit how the fuck to correct this?

>Just keep lifting and flat/dumbbell bench

I'm praying this will eventually correct itself as long as my form is perfect but I'd like insight. This shit is pissing me off
>>
>>39754622
They kick in a bit late out of the hole and don't ramp up as much as quads and glutes, but I wouldn't call it minimal.
>>
>>39754627
What compounds? Do your rest the bar near your atlas during squats? Do you excessively crane your neck ie. at all? That is often caused by not looking at the right spot/dropping your chest.
>>
>>39754263
The deadlift is the easiest compound lift to learn. Do super light weight and video your form. Post it here for critiques. Most PTs are not capable of teaching the deadlift in a competent manner.

>>39754557
It literally does not matter unless you plan on competing in strength sports. Do what feels comfy.
>>
>>39754676
Decline dumbbell bench on the right to even it out
>>
>>39754676
Are you left handed? Using dumbells and doing your weaker side first - and then only doing as many reps with your stronger side as you managed with your weaker one is a good way of fixing imbalances.
>>
Started in February at 265lb at 5'7" and am now at 190. Body fat was 40%, last bod pod measured me at 24% at 202. Used personal trainer that helped rehab my shoulders but we never did any real linear progression. Used to lift several years ago but I seemed to have scorched earth policy what gains I managed then

Question is should I just do SS till I hit a cap while staying in deficit? Or switch to internediate LP? BP=175x5 OHP=75x5(never trained) DL=235(he had me do rack pulls after that which was 5 months ago) Squat=175x8(I made progress on this on my own he had me try to do single let shit which is why I stopped going to him on leg day. Squat was done today. Been doing a LP past three weeks and squat is rocketing.)

I was considering just doing Greyskull LP with a reset or two. I think progress can be made because of how little love most compounds got during my reign with him. Was curious of anons thoughts?

Goal: 12% BF confirmed via dexa scanner instead of bod pod. Hairy as Fuck and look like shit still, suspect uncalibrated bod pod.
>>
>>39754627
Press, diddlies, squats, bench and pendeley rows.

You're probably right about looking at the wrong spot as this is something i am working on improving. Not sure about the atlas, but i switch to low bar squat from high.
>>
File: 1480213029696.jpg (130KB, 832x690px)
1480213029696.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
I'm doing SL 5x5. How detrimental would cardio be on offdays? I hate days I don't workout, I feel like shit and end up moping around being depressed all day, especially now that it's holidays and I don't have class.

For what it's worth, current stats (as of most recent workouts, going to be upping weight again tomorrow (except for squat because my form slipped a few times)) are:

(in lbs)
Squat: 135
OHP: 70 (i've actually been having a lot of trouble with OHP, any tips?)
DL: 185
Bench: 100
Row: 90

Height: 5'10
Bodyweight: ~145-150

also, any general opinions/input on my lifts? are they shit? should they be better? 12 weeks into the program, started at about 138lbs bodyweight, so I'm definitely gaining a bit.
>>
>>39754712

Ironically, no I'm right handed. Possible this is be due from cheating my technique? When I first started I would rely on my right arm to help push me through lifts but would end up cheating form. I'm wondering if my left pec is developing the way it should and the other isn't
>>
>>39753766
>1plate=60kg
Implies 2plate=120
>>
Okay /fit/
I keep getting conflicting answers off leddit
What does a total beginner bodybuilding routine look like?

TLDR examples for beginner aesthetics routine?
>>
>>39754752
Just do any LP. You have beginner stats. It's time for a beginner program.

>>39754788
It won't hurt unless you're doing some intense cardio. Keep in mind you need to be gaining weight, eat enough to maintain a surplus. Your stats aren't very good for 3 months of lifting. As long as you're progressing, it's fine though.

Watch Justin Lascek's "3 press fixes" video.

Most people have noticeable asymmetries in their body. My right arm is about 0.5" larger than my left. I'm left handed. My left pec is larger than my right. Don't worry too much about it. Just get jacked and it won't be very noticeable.
>>
>>39754855
Full body routine 3-4 days a week, featuring ~3 heavy compound lifts and 2-3 isolations for higher reps. Progress linearly.
>>
>>39754860
>Your stats aren't very good for 3 months of lifting. As long as you're progressing, it's fine though.

I've deloaded twice, once due to going on vacation and another time because I fucked up my elbow getting drunk and arm wrestling, so that might explain why they're so shit. Whereabouts "should" they be?

Also I'll check that video out, thanks
>>
If I got 5/5/3/5/5 on one of my lifts that means I just didn't rest enough between sets 2 and 3 and can safely increase the weight next workout right?
>>
>>39754885
Yup
>>
>>39754873
After 3 months, most people will be benching 130-150, OHP 90-120, squat 200-250, and deadlift 250-300. Sometimes more than that. My deadlift was 350 after a few months. This is in my personal experience after teaching several guys how to lift weights.
>>
About 1.5 months in the SL, is it acceptable to not try increasing the weight if I am sure I will fail or should I try to increase and fail anyway?
>>
>>39754914
Shit, really? To be honest I definitely feel like I could be benching more than I am currently, deadlifting a bit more maybe as well.

Idk though, I started in pretty much turbo skelly mode so I'm just happy to be gaining weight.
>>
>>39753932
"[Oi kunt] these mistakes seem obvious to you because you've been doing this for a while. Imma take a lil bit to catch up so if you can help me do that faster that'd be great
>>
>>39754961
Increase the weight and try your best. You don't know for certain that you'll fail. Get plenty to eat before you lift. Get plenty to drink. Being extremely hydrated is the easiest way to improve your performance in the gym. Drink 2 liters of water before you go (not immediately before retard, just throughout the day, jesus christ).

>>39754971
Just keep adding weight to the bar day by day.
>>
>>39754270
Sounds like left SI joint. Stretch and foam roll hip flexors, use lacrosse ball to
roll piriformis/glutes. Do this daily for 2 weeks and you will most likely see improvement.
>>
I'm embarrassed by my bench but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I feel like I've read the entire entry on stronglifts at-least 3 times now.

Current lift status (Been doing SS for 2 months):

Squat: 190 lbs
Bench: 90 lbs
Deadlift: 235 lbs
OHP: 85 lbs

I have my back arched, shoulders back, feet flat on the ground, butt on the bench; it seems like I'm doing everything right.
>>
How should a regular and incline benches fare compared to each other in a symmetrical person?
>>
>doing ohp
>pulled my neck
how the fuck
>>
>>39755026
Can't help you without a video. Are you doing full reps on your OHP? Are you actually push pressing it? Are failing reps with 90 lbs?

>>39755032
Gonna vary based on how much you train it, but most will incline 70-80% of their flat.
>>
>>39755052
Yep, not doing any gimmicky bullshit with OHP. No push-press nonsense. From the neck to above my head in one motion. Just failed 90 lbs this last session

Unless I ask a random stranger to film me I don't really have any way to get a video.
>>
>>39755082
Ask a random stranger then, or balance the phone somewhere I do both time to time.
>>
>>39755082
Invest in one of those gorillapod tripods. can wrap em around the bars of a rack.
>>
I work out at home with two 15kg dumbbells. How far will I get with these in regards to building up muscles? Are they enough or do I also should work out with heavier weights at the gym?
>>
Going out for shoe shopping now, can someone give me an idea for what to look for some models maybe. Nothing too expensive pls.
>>
>>39755103
not very. Work out at a real gym.
>>
>>39755114
For squatz and dl's
>>
>>39755114
Chucks if you have good mobility and don't need a heel
Powerlifts if you're a poorfag
Adipowers or Romaleos if you got money
>>
>>39755090
>>39755098
there's literally no place I could lean my phone and get a good angle, the benches are in the middle of the free weight area and there's traffic constantly going through it. I could ask someone but I get kind of awkward around people when they're working out. Not autistic or anything, I just don't like bothering people in the middle of their sets.
>>
File: 1482108425700.jpg (464KB, 1920x1200px)
1482108425700.jpg
464KB, 1920x1200px
How do I progress on video related? Glute ham raises at home. Using these to replace leg curls since no machines.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYLpvcDWVt4
>>
>>39755082
Then go at night prop your phone against a 5 lb dumbbell. It's the current year, anon. You're a big boy. You can figure out how to take a video of yourself.

>>39755103
Not far.

>>39755114
Anything flat for deads, or barefoot. I just got Wei-Rui shoes for squats. I like them.
>>
>>39755175
Slow negatives, full reps, weighted negatives, weighted reps.

Or just lay on your stomach on a bench and do dumbbell leg curls.
>>
File: 1447112574772.jpg (67KB, 906x768px)
1447112574772.jpg
67KB, 906x768px
Can anyone help me remember a book that I saw in a self-improvement thread for mental gains. All I remember about it is that it had "grain" in the title, was written by, I believe, Norwegian author in the late 1890's - 1910's and is known as the book that was given to German soldiers during World War 2. Please. I need me some mental gains and I just ordered The Way of Men by Jack Donovan but I need more!
>>
>>39755130
>>39755190
>tfw 3rd world
>tfw even if I had money, cool shit don't ship here
Will look into big brands for what they have I guess and get chink chucks as a last resort
>>
>>39755213
NEVER MIND FOUND IT. In case anyone else wants to know, it is called Growth of the Soil, pic related. I fucked up in my description.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIkoqmXW__w

Do you think a program like that (+some arm accesories) would be fine if I have little time at the gym?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx etc

A: DLs, Dips
B: Front Squats, Chin-ups
>>
How bad would be only doing 2 exercises a day be if you do exercise every day?
eg
compound
isolation
abcabcx
>>
>>39755292
You'd get growth in exactly two areas and the rest of your body would stagnate.
>>
>>39754870
>>39754855

I wish I would've known this when I started out. I jacked around with a bro-split for about 2 years with almost zero progress, neither in muscle size or strength. I switched to a full-body 3 days a week at the suggestion of a jacked gym bro and my strength and mass exploded. Not joking. 3 and a half years later, while modified pretty heavily, I'm still doing a full-body routine 3 days a week.

Hitting every muscle group 3 times a week is how my body best responded/responds, but of course everyone is different.

The only thing I've had to cut out, unfortunately, as my full-body routine grew in weight and intensity are deadlifts. No matter where in my workout I do them, DLs just tax my CNS too much to where either the DLs are ineffective or the rest of my workout is. I've thought about dedicating a single-day to just deadlifts and maybe some accessory legs but I really think my body uses that 2-day rest period well and I don't want to screw that up. At one point I tried going 4 days a week at my current intensity but my joints just weren't having it.
>>
Anyone ever heard about your brain getting used to the intake of melatonin and like, producing less of it itself? Didn't take my melatonin last evening and man, did I have trouble falling asleep.
>>
Taking a fatburner to aid my weightloss. Skinnyfat trying to make it here. Is it a bad idea? The name of the product is ''Grenade''.
>>
>>39754870
I already added tricep rope pulldowns to day 1, with the curls.
Is there anything else I should add(besides ab work)?
>>
>>39755670
You're getting scammed. There's one thing and one thing only that causes fat loss: a caloric deficit. No supplement or "toning exercise" will make you lose fat.

You know the best part? Counting calories is 100% free.
>>
soya is bad?
>>
Dick question: for guys with 5.5 in girth, does it not really seem like much to you? My dick measures to 5.5 in around and it's only 5.5 in long when not bone pressed, so it doesnt look very large, but 5.5 in is in a very high percentile. It just doesnt look or feel large, i can fit my hand around pretty easily.
>>
>>39755730
Here's the thing: If a girl (or guy, no homo) decides to fuck you, I doubt the size of your cock will be an issue. Unless you've got a micropenis you've got nothing to worry about.
>>
Are weighted dips and bench press enough for triceps?
>>
>>39755691
So,those do nothing at all? There's even a ''don't take more than one'' rule. I'm also eating at calorie deficit.
>>
>>39755752
It's just overpriced caffeine pills, and caffeine itself is a tiny, tiny, tiny chip in weight loss.
>>
When doing PPL 6 days a week how often do you increase the weight? / Progressively overload? Every workout?
My first time doing it. Starting 2017
>>
does chewing gum give you a more, if only slightly, defined jawline?
>>
Do snatch grip deadlifts actually work your rear delts?
>>
>>39754263
>lift heavy shit off the floor
>keep the back and arms straight
How hard can it be?
>>
>>39755673
Pls respon
>>
>>39755673
No, even the pulldowns aren't necessary. Just lift.
>>
I'm swapping from SL 5x5 to 5/3/1 finally. Is there a good app for 5/3/1 for android? I don't want to have to bring a fucking notebook into the gym, next thing you know I'll need a gym bag
>>
File: 1476248872041.png (491KB, 586x579px) Image search: [Google]
1476248872041.png
491KB, 586x579px
>>39755989
I just put my numbers down on a post-it note before training and enter my comments in a spreadsheet at home. You don't need a notebook, chum.
>>
>>39755730
You put more thought into its size then the person you'll be fucking. Unless you get a size queen, then RIP.
>>
How are you supposed to schedule bulking and cutting? Should it be going on a time schedule or am I supposed to just do one until I'm satisfied with the results then start the other?
>>
>>39753766
Why did my gym tell me to do 15rep exercises when they wrote me a fitness plan?
>>
>>39755989
why would you need a notebook?
>>
>>39756263
shoo shoo mr skellington
>>
>>39756263
you have a great frame. how tall are you?
>>
>>39756294
i deleted the post since i realized my questions are pretty retarded and i googled the answers,

i am 5'11
>>
>>39754039
>>39754129
>>39754155
Just looked back to make sure, and I've gone to the gym 21 times in the last three months and tracked my progress with sl.

I also do assistance exercises and that is why my workout takes a about 1 hour and fifteen minutes with 3x5
>>
>>39756382
I should have been to the gym 36 times if I strictly followed the three days a week thing, that is also why.
>>
Im on a linear progression and im growing quite well. The only body part im concerned about is my arms. I curl on bench days. Would it be ok to curl everyday i go to the gym (3/week) alternating between hammer and supinating?
>>
>>39755989
yeah there are a few
>>
Is there a male or mixed equivalent of Girlswithmuscles?
>>
>lost 35kg
>look no different
the fuck
>>
How's this for a beginner-intermediate routine:

PUSH:
Bench Press
Dumbbell Flys
Military Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Tricep Dips

PULL:
Pull-ups
Dumbbell Rows
Chin-ups
Bicep Curls
Hammer Curls

LEGS/ABS:
Squats
Deadlifts
Hanging Leg Raises
Planks
Side Planks
Weighted Crunches
Weighted Bicycles (suggest something better for obliques?)
>>
is 1/2/3/4 considered the end of your noob gains, or advanced or what? i'm confused. when people say 1/2/3/4 do they want you to do a novice program until you hit 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>39753766
I've finally got the time to hit the gym more than thrice a week. In the past I've reacted well to higher volume, but I'm natty, so most of the "high volume" routines are either literally memes or totes-not-for-roiders-trust-me programs like GVT.

So, suggestions? Are there any decent high volume programs out there? or should I try making my own PPL or something?
>>
File: IMG_0564.jpg (360KB, 950x1186px)
IMG_0564.jpg
360KB, 950x1186px
>>39757094
Read Practical Programming and then make your own routine. GVT isn't for roiders, but it's not supposed to be done for more than six weeks, like most bulking routines (or cuts for that matter).

You could go Juggernaught or Cube Method or PHUL or old school with breathing squats or Russian Bear or strength based with Smolov or Westside or HIT. But, high volume routines aren't designed for long term lifting unless you're totally not roiding brah.
>>
>>39753766
My chest is underdeveloped as fuck, but I bench regularly. I just realized I'm using form that's the classic powerlifter form. Arched back and all that. Is this killing my chest development? Or is that a shitty meme?
>>
>>39757025
Go around the shoulder girdle in equal volume. Way too much an work. Suitcase carries for obliques.
>>
What do you niggas think of hyperextentions? Are they a meme exercice for core specifically?
>>
>>39757157
>Way too much an work
Sorry what does that mean/
>>
>>39754039
>I spent weeks with no weight on the bar chasing the myth of 'perfect form'
>why am I still weak?

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are you anon?
>>
>>39757169
they're fucking amazing, are you retarded? do them for a couple of months and any lower back pain you previously had is now gone
>>
>>39757138
You just aren't benching enough to stimulate hypertrophy.

Add more chest volume until it starts growing
>>
File: IMG_0446.jpg (394KB, 942x1350px)
IMG_0446.jpg
394KB, 942x1350px
>>39757138
Yup. Look at pics of powerlifters, they all have nice round titties. Picrelated banned flat bench from his gym. Options are (in no particular order); guillotine bench, land mines, incline bench, Hyght flies, proper OHP, dips.
>>
>>39757178
Abs. Autocorrect doesn't like me today.
>>
>>39753766

Is it okay to workout my upper back the day after I deadlift?

I deadlift 4x5 and do pullups, cable rows and trap work on my upper back days.
>>
>>39757207
oh right. So should I just drop, say, the leg raises and the planks and stick to the crunches and suitcase carries?
>>
3x5 or 5x5 for stronglifts?
>>
What snacks that you can BUY (not make at home, in case you didn't understand) does /fit/ recommend? Sometimes I have to stay at work a bit longer and I can't predict it. Buying a snack is much easier than making anything and bringing it from home.
>>
>>39757249
Stronglifts is 5x5 its kind of in the name.

>>39757240
Is there a reason you think you need so much direct ab work? Or why you think you need those specific exercises? Planks are the ones I'd keep.
>>
>>39757186
I never said this, unless you misquoted. When I reset I wasn't using just the bar.
>>
>>39753766
>injury/roiding/girl problems/autistic-permavirgin-betacuck
>"need to see pics anon"
>>
>>39757266
Apples

>>39757282
Newfags don't know we don't shitpost in QTDDTOT.
>>
>>39756154
Some people set BF% upper and lower limits others are on a schedule, both work.

>>39756397
As long as it's after your main lifts, a quick superset or two of curls, pushdown and maybe laterals won't hurt recovery.

>>39756745
Stats?

>>39757062
1/2/3/4 is simply a mile stone, most guys who are average height will hit the end of noob gains close to that - but it's not universal, going intermediate is about exhausting linear gains, not hitting some benchmark.

>>39757025
Withouth rep, set and frequency info it's hard to tell. But you're probably better of doing PHUL as an early intermediate.

>>39757157
>Suitcase carries for obliques.
This.

>>39757169
Not a meme, but not everyone needs them depending on programme and goals.
>>
>>39757279
other than wanting a bigger core, no. I'll take your advice. Thanks for the help.
>>
>>39757266
Fruit, tuna pouches, almonds, cottage cheese
>>
File: Untitlsdaed.png (792KB, 612x576px) Image search: [Google]
Untitlsdaed.png
792KB, 612x576px
>>39757266
Beef jerky, premade tuna salads, whole wheat cookies, fruit, trail mixes, granola bars, premade protein shakes (pic related, more expensive than buying powder though.)
>>
>>39757249
3x5 with amrap is better than 5x5

Biggest problem with SL is it magically expects you to break plateaus without an increase in volume.
>>
>>39757301
I should make a pasta for this. Your "core" has nothing to do with your "abs". Over exercerting on ab work will, WILL, fuck up your back. If you insist on ab work, add in "good mornings" to balance it out.
>>
>>39757374
>Biggest problem with SL is it magically expects you to break plateaus without an increase in volume.

Biggest problem with SL is people who never read the actual program and think it's something it's not. That and Mehdi being an advertising guy and not a coach of any repute.
>>
Rate my fat shit lose weight diet

>Breakfast
McDonald's Bacon Egg & Cheese biscuit
Black coffee

>Lunch
Bowl of cereal (approx 2 cups cereal, 2 cups milk)

>Dinner
Water

Usually evens out somewhere between 800-1200 calories a day.
>>
How does being overweight/obese, eating at a deficit and losing fat affect how much protein you need a day? I have little muscle and a lot of fat.

Example:
For the sake of argument say I need to eat 0.8 g of protein per lb of body weight. I assume this number is for a lean healthy person, not an overweight person.

My current weight is 220 and my goal weight is 170. Am I supposed to eat (220 x 0.8) and include all those pounds of fat, which I'm NOT trying to maintain with protein, or use my goal weight (170 x 0.8) which is what I'm actually trying to maintain?
>>
>>39757566
I was trying to do the whole macro thing when I was losing weight, but without working out properly it seems pointless.

I was happy if I made it over 100g of protein, but nowdays I just eat less and don't worry about the big three. Calories are my only goal.
>>
>>39757538
If the first item on your weight loss diet begins with "McDonalds" then it's probably time to reevaluate things.

>Too little protein.
>Too much clarified butter, ffs.
>What kind of cereal? Skim or full milk?
>You should eat something before bed if you're lifting.
Overall it's absolute shit. IIFYMs holds true to some degree, but that's assuming you eat reasonable stuff most of the time and you're most likely not even hitting your macros.

>1/10
>>
>>39757578
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from

>too little protein
I've got too much fat, I'm not even lifting, just dieting
>too much clarified butter
It's one biscuit, man
>wut cereal
Usually toasted rice, but occassionally I'll substitute with a more sweet cereal like kix or cocoa pebbles
>milk
whole nigga, I aint no bitch
>eat before bed
I'm not lifting.
>>
>>39757577
I'm not sweating it too much, I've already lost a lot of weight just counting calories and ignoring macros. It's more of a curious question I didn't immediately find an answer for with Google.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (101KB, 655x898px)
Untitled1.png
101KB, 655x898px
>>39757566
> I assume this number is for a lean healthy person, not an overweight person.
Yes, and it also assumes that you do strength training. And even then it has a generous safety margin built in.

>My current weight
You need to drop 180.000kcal, on a 1000kcal deficit it will take about 3 months.
>Am I supposed to eat (220 x 0.8)...
No. If you're 50lbs overweight then you subtract that number for protein need calculation. 170lbs=77kg*1.6= 125g of protein a day. And that's assuming you lift.
>>
>>39757618
Yes I do lift, but I'm finding myself stalling at pathetic baby weights, which is why I'm curious about counting protein so I can maintain or slowly build instead of lose strength. I am on a 1000 kcal deficit, I've lost around 22 pounds so far.

And I calculated losing 180,000 kcal at 6 months, not 3 months.
>>
>>39757618
>it will take about 3 months.
*6 months, conversion error.

>>39757607
>I've got too much fat, I'm not even lifting, just dieting
You should lift, at least a bit.
>It's one biscuit, man
And it still is absolute shit with too much clarified butter.
>Usually toasted rice, but occasionally I'll substitute with a more sweet cereal like kix or cocoa pebbles
Go for oats with fruit instead.
>whole nigga, I aint no bitch
Skim milk is a decent choice on a diet, I've been in combat and drink it, anyone who thinks choices like this are tied to masculinity is an insecure fag, no offense.
>I'm not lifting.
Still, a bit of food some time before bed is good for you.

Your diet is even worse than I thought. You will lose weight as long as you restrict calories, but you are compromising your health and will lose plenty of lean mass.

Basically you'll ensure you become this guy: >>39756745
>>
>>39754006
then death stare him and whoever is smaller will succumb to the other and die
>>
When I fail to reach prescribed reps in 531, do I immediately recalculate my calculation max for the next week or do I attempt the remaining weeks at the calculation max I failed? If I only failed say 5th rep on week 1 bench but handle the 3 and 1 week very well on bench, do I still have to recalculate or can I attempt the same weights next cycle?
>>
What's a good alternative for front squats / barbell hack squats / leg press?

I absolutely love barbell hack squats but my ass is too big from pelvic tilt to do them
>>
>>39754788
OHP is a bitch. Don't worry too much about having trouble with it. Make sure your bar path is straight up. Resetting the weight by 10% has helped me in the past.
>>
>>39754263
Just start light, read Rippetoe and other good coaches' instruction on how to deadlift, and film yourself so you can verify that everything is fine and if you're unsure can post here.
>>
I've been doing SS for 2.5 months. Diddly is at 240x5 and squat is at 210x5 now. But I'm only at 90x5 on press and 130x5 on bench. Is it normal for upper body to be way slower than squats and deadlifts? Is this shit going to balance out in time or am I fucking something up here?
>>
>>39757753
Fix your ATP, don't work around it. Glutes for the sloots.

>>39757755
OHP is the hardest compound to progress on, simply by virtue of each comparative weight increment being a bigger proportion of the overall weight and the small and stubborn nature of the muscles involved. That being said, you can do plenty to up it much faster: do lateral raises, incline bench (just make sure they don't get in each others way in terms of recovery,) up reps, reexamine form (just don't fall into the trap of thinking that there is a substitute for effort.)
>>
>>39757837
It should be noted that I'm 163lbs at 5 11 and started out at 148 at basically below untrained strength. I'm just not seeing the same strength gains across my whole body.
>>
>>39757837
Stats, mate: bodyweight, bf% (at least approximate) and height go with lift numbers.

Your upper-body numbers are low for your lower-body numbers, but not by a huge margin. And yes, progress on upper-body is much slower initially but does catch up around the time you get into intermediate training. Add some incline benching and rows to balance and it should get a bit better.
>>
>>39757753
Machine hack squats seems like an obvious answer.
>>
>>39757888
>>39757860
Honestly don't know what my body fat is probably in the 10-15 range.
>>
File: shopping.jpg (10KB, 474x474px)
shopping.jpg
10KB, 474x474px
>>39753766
Whenever I go to the gym I feel tiny as fuck even at 6'3" 215lbs, but when I leave it feel huge next to Normies. Does this happen to anyone else?
>>
Anyone know how to do side lateral raises properly?

Rotate shoulder externally and lean forward right? At what angle?

And to confirm, rotating wrist =/= rotating shoulder?
>>
>>39757840
do lateral raises really help ohp? I put them in my routine a couple of days ago and forgot to do them after ohp when I worked out a couple of hours ago. Is it fine if I do them now or should I just wait til next ohp session?
>>
>>39757840
Can I ramp up weights on my squat while fixing ATP?
>>
>>39757837
Try working on your form and seeing if you can't make a good jump on your presses. Or, if you can handle the volume, reverse your squats and presses.
>>
Hit 2pl8 squat a few weeks ago but whenever I go above 90 kg / 200 lbs in squats, my knees start bending inwards. Best ways to train to fix this?
>>
>>39757888
Also what would be the best way to incorporate incline bench into SS? Throw in at higher reps for a few sets on the same day I do regular bench? I already do pendalay rows.
>>
>>39757927
>>
>>39757960
Point toes out more
>>
>>39757963
>3ecame 3e 3ig 3e
>>
Did pistol squats to failure on Monday. Tried foam rolling my dead ass legs last night, but my legs are still sore. What do?
>>
>>39757988
nothing. time will fix it
>>
File: IMG_0450.jpg (78KB, 400x358px)
IMG_0450.jpg
78KB, 400x358px
>>39757940
Lateral raises are medial. OHP is anterior. They're not strictly complimentary.

>>39757936
https://youtu.be/B_d_Gi6dEOA
>>
>>39757960
Add a resistance band between knees to remind you to torque them properly
>>
>pull muslce in upper back
>ice it
>heat it
>all healed up
>lower back is suddenly in immense pain, and extremely stiff

wut do? My doctor said he can get me in next week, but I'm basically stiff as a board and immobile without grunting and being in pain.

I'm on a double dose of pain medication atm.
>>
>>39757994
Should I be doing them to failure? Reason I'm doing pistol squats over conventional squats is I'm trying to work on balance and be more agile for my sport.
>>
>>39753766
Anyone else done GOMAD who isn't a total skelly? I'm 6'5" and 194lbs, having a hard time gaining weight. I'm starting today. We will see how it goes
>>
>>39758045
Anon no, there's so much to live for.
>>
>>39758029
Pistols are a technique movement. You should t be doing anything to failure unless you're working endurance. If you've mastered the pistol, then do it on your couch cushion. When you've mastered that, do them on your bed. Your proprioceptors will be maxed out in training in about two weeks.
>>
How do I train my grip strength for deadlifts? I don't want to (and don't worry, I'm not going to) use straps but I dont have enough strength to hold the bar in my hands at above 115kg weight and it's holding my deadlift progress back.
>>
>>39758045
you don't need gomad, you can get your calories in with half a gallon and the rest food.
>>
>>39758167
bar hangs
>>
>>39758167
are you using chalk and mixed grip for your working sets?
>>
>>39757745
bump
>>
My OHP is so fucking weak at 32.5kg, I've been at this weight for like a month now and I just can't seem to hit 5x5 with it, do I """deload""" back down to 30kg and "work my way up" from there? Seems kind of pointless to me since it's such a low weight already. My bench is at 47.5kg if that helps and seems to be progressing at a faster rate than my OHP.

I'm thinking of investing in some 0.5kg microplates, but I don't know where to look, any online references (in the UK) would be great
>>
So, here's a question. It's probably obvious af but I'm unsure about it.

The bigger the muscle the stronger the muscle right, like down to a fibral level, more muscle fibers the better?
Is it possible to be stronger than someone with bigger muscles, but not down to their form or having better muscle synchronous than them, but because of an exception to that rule?
Not down to form or even CNS, just simply cause your T2b muscle fibers are better than theirs?
>>
>>39757940
Both lateral raises and OHP work front, mid and rear delts, not in the same ratio. But yes, they help with OHP even though they don't work in exactly the same way. Same way that getting your flat bench up will increase incline.

>>39757950
Why not. Squats train muscles whose weakness contributes to ATP - abs, glutes, hams.

>>39757962
I did 2 sets of medium rep incline bench after my regular benching, worked for me but probably not textbook.

>>39758027
Wait for your appointment, don't fuck around.

>>3975804
A gallon is probably overkill, try a litre or two or alternately just eat more.

>>39758167
Wrist curls, finger curls, forearm roller, static hangs and holds, farmers walks etc.
>>
>>39753766
1.25x bw bench is considered pretty strong.
How would this translate into dumbbells?
Is it still 1.25x or lower/higher?
>>
I have a physical test coming. Assuming i can't stop an have just enough time, is it better to reps faster or slower?
>>
>>39758225
Microplates are not a bad idea or alternately do rep progression. I did 3X5 followed by 2X10 (at lower weight obviously) and it helped me go from being struck at 45kg for a month to getting to 55kg in the next. OHP for higher reps occasionally seems to be better for noobs, but I'm sure someone will tell me how retarded that is.

>>39758237
Maximum strength depends on muscle cross-section, there is a bit of variation in terms of proportion of fast vs. slow twitch fibers. What percentage of that max you can reach depends on neuronal efficiency. So yes, genetics play a role even with cross-section and neuronal activation being equal, but usually not that much of a difference, unless we're talking extremes ie. the kind of people that become world record holders.
>>
>>39758328
There was a survey on bb.com or reddit and most people reported that their DB bench is between 2/3 to 3/4 of their BB bench. 0.7X was the average I think. So 0.875XBW DB bench is about equivalent to a 1.25XBW BB bench, but it varies.
>>
>>39758356
Thanks a lot bro.
Way more informative answer than I thought I would get.
>>
File: Untitl5ed.png (658KB, 439x956px)
Untitl5ed.png
658KB, 439x956px
is it normal to have no visible delts at 70kgX1 OHP? am I just fat or do delts only become noticeable once you hit much higher numbers? pic related.
>>
>>39758421
delts only show with roids
>>
>>39758339
Nice, thank you.
So I guess my next question is, in what way one could improve their neuronal efficiency?
And I know that the more dead lifts I do the better I'll become at them, but is there a more direct way of improving your neuronal efficiency?
Sort of like doing motor endurance training, but focusing more just say improving strength more than endurance?
Sorry if what I'm saying is complete bollocks, honestly my knowledge of physiology or anatomy is fairly basic atm.
>>
when people talk about 1/2/3/4 is it for one rep or what?
>>
>>39758421
Either you're fat...or yenno, 70x1 is nothing really special.
>>
Is one heavy leg day/week enough for an intermediate lifter?
>>
>>39758495
You really should be hitting most muscles twice a week if you're doing a bro split
if you're not tho it depends
What do you hope to gain out of this one leg day per week style routine?
>>
>>39758463
Usually, if not specified otherwise.

>>39758436
>in what way one could improve their neuronal efficiency?
Strength training, make sure you don't have any nutritional deficiencies, avoid or dissipate fatigue before testing/meets. Or wait 50 years and get a neural amp.

>And I know that the more dead lifts I do the better I'll become at them
True, but you'll only see optimal neuronal gains if you work at high loads at least some of the time. It's a balancing act between avoiding burn-out and working at the highest load possible as much as you can.
>>
>>39753766
Should I alternate OHP and bench to try and help my bench that way, giving enough rest as opposed to benching every session?
>>
>>39758481
i know that 70kg is baby-weight. it's just that my shoulder seems really weird to me and I thought maybe it's down to bad insertions or crooked shoulders or something. if it's just being weak and fat I can at least work on that.
>>
>>39758515
Alright, so basically, make sure you're on a bulk-ish style balanced diet. Alright I can do that

Alright thank you, I get you. That reminds me of the principle that marathon runners follow, where they're always running right at the threshold of going into an Anaerobic system.

Thanks man, it's been bugging me a while and you cleared it up for me.
>>
>>39758421
can't really accurately assess that (looks like a chicken leg from this angle), you need to post a full frontal pic of your torso with both arms at your side.
>>
>>39758520
Recovery from upper body lifts using noob weights usually takes only about 48 hours or less if you eat and sleep right. But alternating OHP/bench is generally best for beginners, don't worry your chest will catch up once you get on an intermediate programme.
>>
>>39758526
70kg isn't baby weight, m8. your delts should look well developed even before 1pl8 ohp unless you have complete shit genetics for delts
>>
I sliced open my forearm at work 9j Monday. Six stitches and a lot of pain. Yesterday I split 2 of them open doing a single pull up.

Can anyone recommend a simple ab workout that doesn't require my arms to do? I can't push or pull for about a week and am going to fill the time in with cardio and about work.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>39758506
Hoping to add some thickness to my quads and glutes. Thinking one heavy day and one lighter day with more athletic movements if that makes sense.
>>
So I'm a retard who just began lifting, I do an arm day and then a lag day with 10lb hand weights, do 30m of exercise, and take a two day break, rinse and repeat. Am I doing it wrong?
>>
>>39758170
>>39758115
I'd just like to gain some extra weight and eating has been tough. I came from about 160 up to the 190 is range but Everytime I try to gain more I struggle with the eating. I'm just gonna go for it and see if I can gain 10 or more lbs and then lose some if I get fat. I'm fairly lean RN but not shredded. Would love to be over 200
>>
>>39758651
Yes. Read sticky
>>
>>39758664
90% of the sticky is completely irrelevant and the rest is fragmented.
>>
>>39758654
Bearmode is a meme for natties, youll just look like a slob. And more than a 500kcal surplus will have minimal benefits that will only necessitate a cut later on. GOMAD is just a stop-gap measure for crypto-anorexic skellies. You're 6'5'', you'll get to 200lbs and above even without putting on unnecessary and pointless flab.
>>
File: 1482104221964.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px)
1482104221964.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>39758669
>I'm a retard who just began lifting
>90% of the sticky is completely irrelevant
>>
>>39758645
Then why not go on a like a weightlifting/powerlifting strength style routine for a few months
They're great if you just wanna add thickness and mass
Then after you got that you can just switch back to what you were doing before
>>
>do only 3 DL warmup sets as recommended in SS
>do my working set
>literally no lower back pain

???

I used to get a lot of lower back strain/soreness/pain when I did DL's and today I hit a 5 rep PR without any lower back pain, I think I was overdoing the warmup, did like 5 warmup sets for 5 reps each and that probably fucked me up. Can warmups really have that much of an effect? I'm still amazed that even though I deadlifted a weight I've never done before, I don't feel an ounce of soreness. I think my form was better too.
>>
Can you lift on an empty stomach?

I was gonna eat breakfast today, but I woke up late and get nauseous if I eat within 2 hours of workout time. Now I don't have enough time to digest. My other option is battling traffic and peak gym use after work, which I'd rather not do.
>>
>>39757388
Could you maybe suggest a full routine for core? Some places say to just do planks to strengthen it but mine seems like it'll be really small when I lose this bit of fat, if I don't work on getting it bigger.
>>
>>39758697
I read the sticky, it basically says I should not do arms first and do press ups and shit. I'd rather just lift weights for my arms and leg, at least at first.
>>
>>39758780
Yes you can, lots of people do it.

Lots of people also eat just a little, just eat a banana or piece of toast or something so you get a little energy without puking everywhere.
>>
>>39758830
I see. Great! I'll finish my coffee and have a little something before I go.
>>
I weighed 300lbs, got down to around 250lbs on a very strict diet, begun actually lifting now I don't have a heart attack from any basic exercise. I'm a vegetarian but I eat a lot of marmite.
>>
>>39758801
If definitely doesn't say that.
>>
>>39758845
I read a guide it linked, it said that arms are "overrated"
>>
>>39758801
> I should not do arms first
Which is correct, arms are usually involved in most other upper body lifts and tiring them out first is a bad idea.

>and do press ups and shit.
As far as I know the sticky mostly recommends using weights, but if you don't have access to them push-ups are a decent alternative.

But nevermind, you have shit figured out. What the fuck does /fit/ know about getting stronger. Just do arms and leg and shit.
>>
>>39758880
Ah I see, you misunderstood. I don't mean doing arms first I mean doing arm first, overall, like you do a routine with little arm focus and mostly on the overall body.

I have weights, I just don't want to do push ups and stuff all that much, and I suck at them.
>>
>>39758863
They are, doing some arm isolation is not a bad thing (and any decent strength programme will recommend or at least allow for it) but they are a tiny portion of your muscle mass and don't deserve 50%+ of your time training like many idiots seem to think.
>>
Hi, my back really hurts right after I put down the bar after squatting. Any ideas?
>>
>>39758899
cool, so what % would you recommend per part of the body?
>>
>>39758910
I should say, when I do "arms day" I include back, abs, and shoulders and stuff, I focus on deltoid, tricep and bicep exercises for my actual arms. Does that sound less retarded?

Sorry I am very new to this
>>
>>39758898
>overall, like you do a routine with little arm focus and mostly on the overall body.
Arms are a part of your overall body, huge arms on someone with bitch tits and an effeminate back are non-functional and look idiotic.

>I just don't want to do push ups and stuff all that much, and I suck at them.
As I said, if you have weights you don't need to do push-ups - and they aren't a part of any of the basic beginner routines the sticky recommends. Plus you suck at them because you're weak and/or fat, not because they are stupid.
>>
>>39758901
You're doing it wrong. Correct your form
>>
>>39758938
Yes genius I am fat and weak that is why I am lifting weights. I'm not going to magically get good at push ups and it's pointless to start with them.
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px)
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
>>39758910
>>39758925
Pic related + two supersets (8-12 reps each) of curls, triceps pushdowns (or skull-crushers) and lateral raises after your main workout. That's more than enough.

Learn to walk first before going for those 18'' guns.
>>
>>39758964
This is good and I've seen it, but I do have a slight problem of space. I have a room with a bed and barely enough room to lift hand weights. I can't go to the gym. Makes it more awkward.
>>
>>39758669
If reading a long article is too much work for you, you should just give up now because you're never going to make it
>>
>>39758953
>ask for advice
>dismiss it because "it's irrelevant" and you only want "arms and leg."
>go on about push-ups despite me telling you twice that you don't need them if you have weights.
Here: >>39758964, a great piece of advice that you could have found in the sticky, but we're spoon feeding you anyways.
>>
I know its kinda stupid, but it is normal that i feel weak while doing cut? I felt like this today and yesterday at night. Its my 4th day of it
>>
File: 1Untitled.png (864KB, 1572x1048px)
1Untitled.png
864KB, 1572x1048px
>>39758989
If it turns out to be too much work, go on the listed website and look up the novice programme.
>>
>>39759026
Yes, especially if you're on a big deficit or on a meme diet. Decrease volume and increase intensity.
>>
>>39759027
Thanks, this is very useful. Been looking up shitty and random stuff.
>>
>>39759036
Thanks m8, I found out that I was like 300 less than expected. At least I haven't stalled yet
>>
>>39759026
Yes, it's normal, especially if you went straight from eating at surplus to eating at deficit. It might make you feel better to "step down" to a cut with a week of eating maintenance.
>>
>>39758989
>>39758801
>>39758863
>>39758898
>>39758910
>>39758925
>>39758953

I hope to god this is a troll and you aren't really this fucking retarded. If you want to get in good shape you have to do a good routine. Just fucking around with weights and doing arm workouts will not help you.

The sticky lays all of this out and gives recommendations of good routines to start with. You need to do compound lifts to build strength and to burn calories. Did you actually read the whole thing? How could you read that and then go "nah I'm just going to so some arm exercises?"

You don't know shit about l of this which is why you are fat and out of shape. There is time tested advice and methods to being successful. If you think you are too smart to use them or that you can cheat your way around it then good luck failing. Why the fuck would you even ask for advice if you aren't going to follow it?
>>
>>39759053
Thanks m8, I'll try that
>>
>>39758953
Are you genuinely fucking retarded? "Start with them", where the FUCK in the other guys post did he say to do that? Shit, quit now. Don't bother.
>>
>>39759063
>>39759069
?

I am doing compound lifts, and I already said arm day is not just arms. Stop trying so hard. >>39759027 already helped me a lot more than you guys.
>>
Lads, I was OHP'ing and my neck/shoulder region exploded with pain. I was able to finish the set but my neck/shoulder still hurt, particularly around the trapezius. Am I fucked?
>>
my left leg started to hurt about 3 weeks ago and i stopped working out legs and running
worked out legs today and felt no pain at all until i started running and the pain came back
what can i do?
and yes i went to the traumatologist last week and he told me to stop working out legs and take some pills but the problem is i never took the pills in the hours he told me to because i kept forgetting
>>
>>39759097
Also it really fucking hurts to look down, sorry I'm a double posting faggot :/
>>
File: happynewyears.jpg (673KB, 1350x1417px)
happynewyears.jpg
673KB, 1350x1417px
Just a reminder to everyone that these threads are about to get fucking miserable.
>>
>>39758334
pls respond
>>
As a beginner with no time constraints am I best doing a 3 day a week GSLP or would I see slightly better gains with a 6 day a week PPL?
>>
>>39758334
I don't understand what you're trying to ask. What is the physical test? Are you going to be lifting? What are you lifting? What exercise are you doing? Are you talking about the rep on the way down or up?
>>
>>39759090
>>>39759027 (You) already helped me a lot more than you guys.
I'm that guy and also the guy you insulted a couple of times before that (but not >>39759063
.)

/fit/ is a very helpful board, people will be eager to point you in the right direction even if you're being contrarian and bitchy, it's just not very nice.
>>
>>39759162
Beginners do 3 days a week, doing 6 a week is going to overwork your muscles.
>>
>>39759150
Pace yourself.
>>
How to pull yourself to go to the gym when you hate yourself and want to die?
>>
>>39759191
Thank you friend.
>>
>>39759187
Sorry, I was simply tired of being misunderstood. I don't understand half the terminology used on this board.
>>
>>39759162
Do GSLP, it's a beginner routine for a reason and PPL is an intermediate/advanced routine for a reason. It's not just about time constraints.
>>
>>39759198
You have to want to improve. If you don't, you're just going to come up with excuses and stop going.

Self-improvement starts with you.
>>
>>39759181
If you have to do a minimum of x reps of an exercise and you can't stop(like how you stop at the top of a push up to rest) but the rhythm in which you do the exercise is up to you, is it better to do it fast or slow?
>>
File: BD1330_01.jpg (366KB, 2000x2000px)
BD1330_01.jpg
366KB, 2000x2000px
Are those good lifting shoes? Kind of dirt cheap on a local outlet but crossfit on the name has me worried. Reebok Crossfit Nano 6.0
>>
>>39759218
like the other anon said, pace yourself. It's not about speed, it's about doing a full ROM.
>>
>>39759218
Fast
>>
>>39759221
>running shoes
worst shoes for lifting.

Get something with a flat heel.
>>
>>39759212
I agree man, but the way I see it, I'm getting anxeity everytime I step out of the door, everytime I see someone walking down the street, when I walk in...etc

The gym is pretty far [ it's the closes, two km's far] and the thought of putting my clothes on and having to deal with all that shit makes my mornings really heavy, let alone the plateaus all type of shit that happens to me in the gym.
>>
>>39759205
Ask, that's what this thread is for.

But usually when someone tells you to read the sticky it's so they don't have to type out the same basic knowledge for a thousandth time and can focus their time on a more specific/tricky question - not because they are being dismissive.

>>39759198
Just do it anyways, it gets easier.

>>39758334
What kind of test?
>>
>>39759246
>What kind of test?

Military, usual stuff.
>>
>>39759239
Can you link me something, it is hard to find stuff in the 3rd world. How about Nike Metcon's?
>>
>>39759221
No, chucks or lifting shoes. Anything with lots of bounce will fuck your shit up.

>>39759242
Was in the same situation after some bad shit. Just do it anyways. Hard work pays big dividends, cowardice and laziness pays even bigger ones.
>>
>>39759242
I can't help you there anon, see a therapist or check out a self-help board.
>>
>>39759274
Barefoot would be better than lifting in running shoes.
>>
i am doing GSLP with some accessories and some of the accesories get worked 1/week.for example neck and biceps.

is this ok and will result in a moderate growth or is the stimulus too inconsistent to produce any result at all?

when i've started 3 months ago i was doing 3x15 biceps dumbell curl with 6kg struggling at the last 3 reps.
now i am still ifting the same exact weight struggling at the same reps.
sleep and eating are allright, i've progressed in the main exercises.
>>
>>39759274
> Nike Metcon's
Those have a hard-rubber heel and some kind of midfoot strap, right? In that case they probably aren't the worst choice. But I'd still recommend flat chucks or if you want to spend the money proper lifting shoes with wood heels and thick mid-foot support.
>>
If I do some planks/push-ups when I wake up each day is there any benefit or is it just a meme?
>>
>>39759303
Well, I think I am going with some Chuck knockoff's then, will realizing I have shit ankle mobility after I get Chucks mid squat fuck my shit up?
>>
>>39759310
It will benefit you to a certain point. Usually once you can do more than 20 pushups in a row - the benefits are more for muscle endurance than for strength gains. I'd recommend every other day, you'll make quicker progress in the long run.
>>
>>39759310
Yeah. It'll wake you up. Get the blood flowing. Work out the joints. Activate your metabolism. And set your core for the morning.
>>
>>39759332
Not if you're using baby weight (like you should,) and poor ankle mobility is better fixed with squatting (provided you do your warm-up sets and progress reasonably) than with some meme static-stretches. Using plates under your heels will help in the beginning, just don't rely on it too much.
>>
>>39759363
Last question, full flat, no ankle chucks right?
>>
>>39759405
Hi-tops give a bit more ankle support, low-cuts give you slightly more mobility. I prefer the later, but I'm probably the minority among lifters in that regard.
>>
At what point do I add more stuff to my basic compounds on SL?
>>
>>39759422
What do you mean by more stuff? Arm isolation? Direct ab work? You can do those after your main lifts right from the beginning. Just don't overdo it.
>>
Is a 55kg/80kg/125kg/170kg all 5rm a normal ratio for my lifts? I feel that my bench is really weak compared to the rest.
>>
File: Unsfsaftitled.png (14KB, 705x317px)
Unsfsaftitled.png
14KB, 705x317px
>>39759475
No. Pic related. The squat/deadlift disproportion is probably due to shitty form on either squat or deadlift, or both but in different ways.
>>
I wake up at 7 and go to bed at 23:15 that should be 7:30 hours of sleep a night assuming 15 mins to fall asleep which should be enough even sometimes lacking. However I am having issues falling asleep after a workout day, which I went to class and to work. Why can't I sleep?
>>
File: gouZVYG[1].png (24KB, 687x358px)
gouZVYG[1].png
24KB, 687x358px
Tell me about the natty limit. I'm a DYEL now so it's a long way away, but I want to understand it.

Some basic Googling tells me that you get the most gains in the first year, then it drops off for a few years until you're basically only expected to gain 2-3 pounds of muscle a year, which is barely worth calculating.

So assuming three years of proper lifting, do you stop worrying about gains so much and just try to maintain what you have? Can you still progress with strength even though your muscles might not be getting bigger, but they can still be broken down and rebuilt to be significantly stronger?
>>
>>39759603
You're still amped.
>>
>>39759625
>Amped
Eleborate, that was yesterday btw, which I had my only coffee around 14:00 a 2 in 1 instant, it is driving me crazy I AM LOSING GAINS REEEEEEEEEE
>>
6 days until 1 month of lifting from skinny fat coming up and I'm wondering what my maxes should be like?

I was pretty proud of my bodyweight squat (185) for 2 reps (failed on 3) the other day, is this good? normal?

What am I looking for?
>>
>>39753766
My right traps is bigger than the left one.
What do I do to isolate on my left traps?
>>
>>39759242
I experienced this too, and still do to SOME extent, but it gets wayyyy easier and you start enjoying it when you actually progress and see results in the gym, I'm still a dyel but i'm already feeling happier about myself and the future is looking bright.

You just need to take the initiative, anon, no one is going to do it for you.

If you REALLY want it, you'll do anything to get it, even if it takes you out of your comfort zone, no one has this easy. Just remember that everyone you see has their own problems, you're not the only one mate, you might look at someone and think they have it all, but you never fucking know what's behind that face, just do the best you can and focus on yourself, you got this.
>>
New thread.
>>39759752
>>39759752
>>
>>39755653
Melatonin supplementation does not downregulate endogenous production.
>>
>>39755673
>>39755927
Calf raises. Don't end up as a calflet like me. I squat 4 plate, deadlift 5.5 plate, and still have twink calves. My upper leg size makes them look even more retarded. I started doing Paul Carter's recommendation for calf training a few weeks ago, and I'm already noticing good results.
>>
>>39755748
Depends on what you mean by "enough". Those exercises will make your arms bigger and stronger. The dudes in the gym with the biggest fucking arms aren't relying on dips and chins though. Just super-set some lying tricep extensions and curls a couple times a week at the end of your workout. Why are people always trying to do as little work as possible? Just go fucking train ffs.

>>39755752
Those products are stimulants, consisting of caffeine and ephedra like compounds. They will raise your TDEE by 100-200 kcal a day (if they're dosed appropriately). Yes, that technically helps. It's probably not worth the money. You're a skinnyfat. You don't need magic skinny pills. You need to lift weights.

>>39755781
Depends entirely on your current stats and training history.

>>39756154
Based entirely on what you see in the mirror, or your weight class for sports.

>>39756158
Because they're faggots.

>>39756392
So you've been going less than 2/3 of the time? Less than 2 days a week is not enough to see real progress. Either stop wasting your time, or actually put in some effort.

>>39756397
In all likelihood, yes. Do more tricep work.

>>39757025
Beginner-intermediate is designated by the volume, intensity, and progression model. What you have here is a list of exercises.
>>
>>39757062
Most people can ride a beginner linear progression to these numbers. Some can go even higher. That's it. You don't switch from a novice program when you hit these numbers. You stop programs when they don't work anymore, despite adequate, rest, nutrition, form, and adherence to the program.

>>39757138
Powerlifters have big fucking chests. What is your bench press 1RM? Are you doing any other chest work?

>>39757169
They're great for building juicy spinal erectors.

>>39757216
Your question doesn't mean anything without knowing what your weekly routine is.

>>39757837
Those are completely normal numbers. Your upper body lifts will begin to stall before your squat and deadlift.

>>39757936
I lean forward about 15 degrees. Enough for the dumbbells to clear my hips at the bottom. Slight external rotation.

>>39757940
Idk how much they help OHP, but they made delts look a shitload better after I started doing them.

>>39757962
That would be fine. A simple 2x10 or some shit.
>>
>>39758167
Chalk, mixed grip, do static deadlift holds, farmers walks.

>>39758463
Yes, it's the maximum weight you can lift in the movement. Not some arbitrary number of sets/reps.

>>39758495
How much do you squat and deadlift?

>>39758520
Bench 3 days a week if you want a big bench. Look at Sheiko programming.

>>39758570
>well developed
>before 1 pl8
I've never seen anybody with good delts that had less than 1 plate OHP, 1RM or "for reps".

>>39758651
r/fitness FAQ

>>39758722
You should not being doing a lot of volume during your warm-ups. Just enough to get the muscles warmed and firing.

>>39758780
No, I'll call the cops if you do.

>>39758901
Take video of squats, post here.
>>
>>39760143
I'll try to video myself in a couple of days, thanks.
>>
>>39759299
Stop doing 3x15. Do 4x8. Start with an easy weight. Add weight over time. Try to get to 4x10. When you do, add weight and attempt 4x8 again.

>>39759422
Day 1.
>>
will I have bigger legs if I get my squat up from 80kg to 100kg? I'm really having trouble increasing my squat, I stopped squatting for about a week, got back to it this week and I squatted 75kg for 3x5 easily, so hopefully I can break through that 80kg plateau
>>
>>39760387
Maybe. Probably not too much bigger if you don't eat enough food to gain weight.
>>
>>39758176
Mixed grip, yes
Chalk, no
>>
>>39760501
Use chalk. Keep it in a small gladware container in your gym bag. If it's not allowed, discreetly apply it to your hands. Don't walk around clapping your hands together making dust clouds. Wipe off the bar and plates when you're done. 95% chance nobody will say anything to you. Get liquid chalk if you're too scared to use real chalk.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.