[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which exercise equipment to buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: weights.png (316KB, 440x540px) Image search: [Google]
weights.png
316KB, 440x540px
I have been doing pushups for about 5 months now, it's great and really helped pack on some muscle but I'm still a fat-ass, even though I take walks, and would like to do some form of progressive gains.

Is there any exercise equipment you can recommend that isn't made of plastic and aluminum that I can use, with changeable weights that will strengthen the whole body?

I don't want a gym membership, just want to lift at home.
>>
I was thinking something like the Body-Solid G1S Selectorized Home Gym but maybe a bit cheaper

any opinions would help a lot thanks.
>>
>>39751516
Maybe a bench, an adjustable one for chest, take the barbell off of the benchpress for squats and deadlifts, assuming you have some sort of power rack, then you can hit back and legs. Dumbells for arms and you can do pullups somewhere for back, those will probably hold you off until you get into better shape. Shits expensive though
>>
one barbell. 100kgs in weights. one bench. with that u can do everything you will ever need. bench press, overhead press, barbell rows, deadlifts, cleans, front squats, barbell curls, barbell front raises, shrugs, , find a corner and do landmine presses and t bar rows. shit you dont eben need the bench, just do landmine presses for chest. one bar and some weights are the absolute minimum, and u can build your entire body with it. dont get those big machines
>>
File: 1289262.jpg (13KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1289262.jpg
13KB, 500x276px
You can do a hell of a lot with just you're body weight. That being said, I'd definitely get a chin up bar, ideally one that you can use for dips and deep push-ups. I also have pair of 20lbs dumbbells that I use in my workout. A bench would also be great, though i just have no space for one in the place I'm in atm.
>>
resistance bands are also good for flys, lateral raises, bicep and tricep curls
>>
Thanks guys
can you post pics of the barbell and weight sets I should get?
>>
no pics thus far
I've learned no one on /fit/ actually knows anything about fitness anyway.

thanks anyways guys.
>>
>>39754827
Why should random strangers go out of their way to post fucking specific pictures of things JUST for you, faggot?
Nice blog though.
>>
>>39754909
because this is an image board bitch
>>
>>39754909
stupid cock sucker, don't forget where you are. dickless bitch
>>
>>39754986
>>39755230
sheeeit look at that samefag motherfucker
>>
>>39755310
look at the coward ass bitch motherfucker
surprised you can rub two brain cells together.

go suck your clitoris you transvestite bitch
>>
>>39755326
shut up white bitch
>>
>>39755330
fuck off nigger
>>
>>39751516

Invest in a high quality barbell. Splurge your money on this:
>45-lb. chrome-plated Olympic powerlifting barbell. With rotating sleeves.

If you /diy/ these, make sure you know what you're doing; or it's a one-way ticket to snap city:
>Power rack. Easily adjustable sturdy safety bars and pins are a must. Get one with a pull-up bar
>Adjustable bench. Can be set flat or at an incline.
>A large plywood panel on the floor as a deadlift platform.

You can go cheap on the plates, quality doesn't matter as long as they weigh right:
>6 45-lb. plates
>2 35-lb. plates
>2 25-lb. plates
>2 15-lb. plates
>2 10-lb plates
>2 5-lb. plates
>2 2.5 lb. plates
>4 1-lb. microplates for troublesome lifts when you're at an plateau.

Get barbells and a pulldown machine like in your pic if you're going for aesthetics. Go run outside for cardio.

Also get an ab roller wheel, a foam roller, and lewd posters of hot girls and guys for motivation.
>>
>>39756457

P.S. Don't buy any of those fancy exercise machines. They are a waste of space and money. Compound exercises with free weights are infinitely better for full-body improvement.

Also, READ THE STICKY FAGGOT.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.