[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how bad is not eating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: staffmeal.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
staffmeal.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Hey friends out of shape guy here, I started a new kitchen job about 2 months ago and im up and down stairs all day, and 3 months ago I started eating better(cut out all processed food for the most part, no more soft drinks), and while I do taste the food I make at work I've been working about 60 hours a week give or take.

That being said I don't eat much, I have an apple or banana when I leave for work, I drink about 3 or 4 coffees a day with around a cup of milk total, I usually eat fruit/cheese/meat at work but very small portions since I just find that I haven't been very hungry despite working a lot more then I used too.

I would say on a bad day im getting 800 calories a day and on a good day 1500, I was 260 pounds 2 months ago and now im down to 230 with the only excercise I get being the physical requirements of my job(lifting potatoes/stockpots/climbing stairs ect).

Is losing that much weight bad for me in the long run? Should I be forcing myself to eat a bit more? I know it sounds silly since im still fat but im not sure about these things so some pro advice would help.

Pic unrelated, just something I made for staff meal one day.
>>
>>39750414
if it's not negatively impacting your work and you're not feeling shitty then do whatever.

30lbs in 2 months is fast but you're also overweight (unless you're, like, 6'10). its common for fat as fatasses to initially lose weight quickly.
>>
Pretty sure you just want to subtract about 300 calories from what you need to maintain your current weight. If you're having much less than normal you go into starvation mode, feel like shit and may not lose much weight anyway.
>>
>>39750450
>starvation mode meme in 2016

it's fucking winter. what's going on
>>
>>39750441

Usually I feel pretty good, I worked 6 days last week and on the sunday was feeling pretty tired, but that could of just been the hours im working.

also im 5'10 king of the manlets
>>
Make sure you're getting at least 50 grams of protein a day or you'll suffer skeletal muscle atrophy
>>
File: scallops.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
scallops.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>39750547

how many ounces of meat would that be roughly?
>>
oh I should also mention that I drink a lot of burbon, like probably 8-10oz a night(which is me rationing)and a beer, im not sure how many calories are in hard liqour but thats probably where a majority of mine come from.
>>
>>39750570

Lean meat is about a third protein, two thirds water, uncooked.

>>39750582

8 oz of 90 proof liqour is about 650 calories
>>
>>39750653

cool so about 6oz of meat, I make some really good lentils at work too so ill eat some of that as well, thanks for the advice :^)
>>
>>39750450
Fuck outta here starvation mode

First off the standard deficit is 500 calories and you start there, see how you feel, and adjust from there. If op is comfortable with a deficit of 1000 or 1500 calories there is literally nothing wrong with that.>>39750450
>>
>>39750414

I dropped to 67 kg from 85 kg in 3 months when I was a teenager. I was terribly out of shape though. No muscle whatsoever. Big fat ass and legs, narrow shoulders and a big gut, probably around 30% bodyfat. I was 175cm back then and I basically starved myself. I was having around 800-1000 calories a day and was jumping rope in the mornings for 10-15 mins on an empty stomach.

I looked very good at 67 kg compared to my 85 kg self, girls gave me attention and I also felt better but since I didnt know how to do it right, I let myself go and got back to 83 kg's in 2 years. The difference is though I started working out when I was 67 kg and gained TONS of muscle. I was looking good and feeling strong.

Now I'm 23 years old, 185cm 83 kg, around 15-16% bf. Cutting right now and let me tell you, when you feel like you've lost enough weight, you will start eating more but you must make the right choices. Either eat healthy and work out if you want to gain weight or don't eat more than your body uses so you don't get fat.

As I said, I'm cutting right now and cutting out sugar as a sugar addict is really struggling. I sure will remember how this feels in the future and make better choices when I'm not cutting. It's easy to eat your way to higher weights but really hard to lower that fucking bodyfat when you are counting every 100 calorie. 1 piece of motherfucking cake is, I dont know, around 400-500 cals? Its what I lose when I control myself for an entire day to lose weight and I can eat 2-3 pieces of cake on one sitting. Feels sad knowing eating 3 day's worth of my calorie surplus on one sitting.
>>
Just remember the old proverb: Never trust a skinny chef.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.