[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 34

File: zn6Ma7Jb_400x400.jpg (20KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
zn6Ma7Jb_400x400.jpg
20KB, 373x373px
Some anons have given me advice on a PPL routine I'm building. I think I finally have it just right. So. How does this look?

L P P L P P Rest

Legs
Barbell Squats 4x5-7
Dumbbell Lunges 3x10-12
Stiff-Legged Deadlift 2x6-8
Dumbbell Calf-Raises 5x10-12
Shrugs 3x10-12

Push
Weighted Chest Dips 3x8-10
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press 3x6-8
Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press 3x6-8
Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises 3x10-12
Overhead Dumbbell Extension 3x10-12

Pull
Sumo Deadlift 2x5-7
Weighted Pull-Ups 3x8-10
Dumbbell Reverse Flies 3x10-12
Barbell Rows 3x5-7
Barbell Bicep Curls 4x10-12
Hammer Curls 3x10-12

AB WORK 2x a week

Based on: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833

Adjusted to what I have access to. Which is zero machines. Home gym.

Pls critique the hell out of this or tell me if it's fine. Plan to bulk on this next year
>>
>>39741619
>2016.9
>still falling for the homegym meme

When will they learn...
>>
Any good volume routine?
>>
>>39741635
I think it's best to have both, assuming you can afford it.
>>
Make sure you do you cardio in an asymmetrical manner, or you'll draw the ire of an underground parasite.
>>
>>39741635
>>39741653
I prefer home gym. I get to lift in privacy. Plus I don't have to share equipment.
>>
How long are you supposed to bulk?

10% bf to 15% then repeat until desired size?
>>
Can someone rec me a basic ab routine? No sit ups pls.
>>
I've never been to a gym.
Do I just watch a lot of youtube videos on how to do the excercises( SS) and then just walk in and start doing them? After obtaining access obviously.
Is there anything you're supposed to do at the gym which a noobie won't know?
>>
>>39742292
Scrub any benches or equipment you use down afterwards.

Using your spit is ok.
>>
Going to start SL5x5 with an empty bar, but my gym has lighter bars. Should I just use that empty bar or add weight until 20kg?
>>
>>39742292
If you meet eyes with another guy, don't break eye contact first. It's disrespectful.
>>
>>39741619
Why does the guy on the pic have the eyes of Ibad?
>>
>>39742292
ask if people are using the benches, just general politeness
dont look at anyone for too long, bring a towel to wipe off your sweat

>>39742333
empty bar is fine

>>39742112
until you feel like you are too fat and then you just cut and start bulking again
>>
I'm 400lbs

what should i eat to lose weight
>>
>>39741720
I had both for a while, though my gym was in my garage. I would use the regular gym for days when it was really hot or cold and my home gym for when I was too lazy or shitty looking to go out in public or if I just wanted to bang out a few reps real fast and not do a full workout.

best shape of my life.

but now it's gone.
>>
>>39742518
>>39742333

The app even has an option to lower the bar weight, that saves me a lot of trouble. Thanks for the (You)!
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
I'm gonna roll with Greyskull's LP Variant but am looking to replace;

- Deadlifts
- Rows

Can I get suggested replacements for these? I can't really bend over and lift anything due to lower back issues so I need to swap these out before continuing.
>>
What are some /fit/ approved snacks I can eat while watching movies and playing video games?
>>
>>39742576
carrots, vegetables in general
>>
>>39742566
If you have lower back issues, just try and rehabilitate before lifting
You'll run into a sticking point because of the issues sooner or later so best to fix them up front
otherwise: chest supported rows and nothing for deadlifts if your lower back is that fucked
>>
>>39742576
ass
>>
>>39742534
You should eat less.
>>
>>39742588
It was a problem with a disc, I've left it for two weeks now and feel no pain but I really don't want it to happen again (it happened because of shitty DL form). Thanks for the suggestions. Would hyperextensions work as a temporary replacement for DLs?
>>
>>39742566
Like the other anon said, try to rehabilitate your lower back. Alternatively, see a doctor and ask if he thinks it's okay for you to lift, considering your back.

If you want to go ahead anyway, one-armed barbell rows on a bench should be doable without back issues.
Seated cable or machine rows work as well.
>>
>>39742631
I'd see a physical therapist for your back desu, they can work wonders without surgeries
hyperextensions can possible worsen your condition but if they don't hurt do them
>>
>>39742632
>>39742655
Thanks for the help guys. I've seen a physical therapist and they said it should be fine in a couple of weeks but to stay away from free weights for a while.

I'll give the chest-supported rows a shot and maybe hyperextensions to test it out.
>>
How much spice do I have to take before hitting the gym to predict my upcoming PRs?
>>
>>39742356
This for sure. Make sure to walk up to him while keeping eye contact, press your chest against his, grab him right in the dick and say "WERE ALL GONNA MAKE IT BRO". Sign of respect dating back years to any serious lifter.
>>
>>39742596
Second this
>>
File: LWlzZdG.gif (38KB, 138x300px) Image search: [Google]
LWlzZdG.gif
38KB, 138x300px
I have low back pain doing conventional deadlift so I've done lots of other ways like sumo, trap bar and now I've moved to rack pulls.

With rack pulls I still have pain even when using a trap bar. At last I tried using a snatch grip on a barbell with rack pulls and was virtually pain free. Can anyone explain this meme to me?
>>
Doing Texas method and I was wondering if it's a good idea to swap deadlifts and back extensions around so I do DLs on recovery day instead of on volume day after 5 sets of squats
Or would that conflict with Friday?
>>
File: 1426327365859.png (276KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1426327365859.png
276KB, 640x480px
>>39741619
How do you guys decide when to cut or bulk? Just really looking for people's opinions on the matter.

Do you change your routine at all when you cut?
>>
Anything you guys eat for maximum health and aesthetics?

In addition to the usual chicken and broccoli. I've been eating a tangerine and two cans of tuna a day for skin/protein/omega3. Also banana for preworkout.

Anything else I should try? I'm bulking now, but I'm going to start cutting next month.
>>
>>39743547
it would fuck with your Friday power cleans. keep 'em on Monday.
>>
File: 1474422528981.jpg (11KB, 379x451px) Image search: [Google]
1474422528981.jpg
11KB, 379x451px
What's /fit/s opinion on the fierce five routine?
Also really stupid question: do you factor in the weight of the bar when you say how much you lift?
>>
I want to get joocy legs and ass, been doing LPLPLPrest instead of LPPLPPrest

Am I killing my gainz by too much leg days?
>>
>>39741652
Somebody?
>>
>>39741652
>>39744370

ANY WITH HIGH VOLUMES, did you even read the fucking sticky?
>>
I need help guys. The REC center of my uni is closed until January 2 so access to a barbell is gone until then. I'm going to be hopping around apartment gyms for free and using dumbbells for whatever I can and make machines a last resort.

How heavy should each dumbbell be if I lift a total of (don't laugh, I just started lifting):
>Bench: 150 lbs 3x5
>OHP: 85 lbs 3x5
>Squat: 165 lbs 3x5
>Deadlift: 175 lbs 1x5

I'm worried about how to get my squatting and deadlifting in for the week since I don't know if its possible to do them with dumbbells. I have access to a leg press though, but it probably won't be the same
>>
>>39744273
Bump
>>
How can I avoid rotator cuff injury? Like I want to do some benchpress with dumbbells and dumbbell fly's, but I don't want to fuck my cuff. I think I am controlling the weight but fly's seem sketch. Like I doing them on the floor to prevent any extension that might wear down the cuff but I still want to make gains.
>>
please respond
>>
File: 1481928790447.jpg (705KB, 1272x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1481928790447.jpg
705KB, 1272x1892px
What are some good resources for beginner combat sport routines?

Just started boxing, but Im thinking about making the switch to Muay Thai and Judo, and I have no idea how to build a good routine.
>>
>>39741619
OP here. BUMP
How is the routine? Good? Bad? Ugly?
Pls help.
>>
File: slider2.jpg (267KB, 1900x800px) Image search: [Google]
slider2.jpg
267KB, 1900x800px
>>39744159
>>
File: deadlift_main.jpg (89KB, 666x443px) Image search: [Google]
deadlift_main.jpg
89KB, 666x443px
Why do so many people recommend deadlift and squats when it's so easy to really hurt yourself? Especially since you can easily replace it with less technical exercises and get the same result for lower risk.
>>
>>39741619
https://drive.google.com/previewtemplate?id=1MbOWpTBcNNQuqHd8q9jUUR2V-ZERWNDKYPd5kzVjCJQ&mode=public
>>
>>39745865
Failed to download due to unknown error. What is this anon? Don't suppose you'd mind posting a summary of the template here? I'll thank you with a beautiful maiden
>>
>>39745818
Because you need 3 or more exercises to replace one of them. And they are safe if you arent retarded.
>>
i had a fight with some guy 3 days ago and my right shoulder hurts as fuck. theres no open wound or anything but it feels like i trained to much shoulder or so

what can i do?
>>
>>39745077
Oly lifts and then jump rope and run and then jump rope and run some more.
>>
>>39744273
>fierce five routine
Looks fine 3x5 is a proven set x rep scheme, the exercises and progression are straight forward and sensible.
Yes you count the bar
>>
File: Squat.webm (2MB, 352x640px) Image search: [Google]
Squat.webm
2MB, 352x640px
Anything wrong with my squat form? Please be kind I am new.
>>
When you go from bulk to cut or cut to bulk, do you eat at maintenance for a week or two or do you just switch immediately?
>>
>>39742518
what if I feel like I'm never too fat?
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
Been lifting 11 months 5'9 83kg

I'm starting to fail in some places and I'm very imbalanced in my lifts, mostly because I started them at different times, it's driving me mad.

>Deadlift 80kg
>Squat 160kg
>Bench 85kg
>OHP 40kg

Routine:
Every 2 days:
>Squats 5x5 150kg down to 120kg
>DB Chest Press 5x5 28kg down to 26kg
>Arnold Press DBs 3x5 18kg down to 16kg

Every 4 days:
>OHP BB 5x5 40kg down to 35kg
>Deadlift 3x5 80kg
>Rows 3x5 40kg

Whenever I remember, maybe twice a week at most:
>Bicycle kicks
>Tricep overhead lift up thing
>Curls DBs 16kg 5x5
>Cable crossovers 20kg~ 3x5
>Lat raises 5x5 6-8kg

I've started doing a lot of pull ups but my triceps are still weak as fuck and my biceps are a joke because I never remember to do curls.

Other than that, how can/should I adjust and fix my routine to head towards 1/2/3/4 pl8 ?

My chest and legs look fantastic, everything else looks like shit. Help.
>>
>>39746201
Welcome to powerlifting
>>
>>39746174
Ey senpai i dont know shet about form but dont wear those shoes. Wear flats if u gottem
>>
>>39746209
couldn't I just bulk like a fucking pig for years while getting strong as fuck then just cut? I'm not getting laid anytime soon
>>
>>39746217
Yes, you can do that if you please.
>>39746207
>Deadlift 80kg
>Squat 160kg
>Bench 85kg
>OHP 40kg
What the fuck?
>>
>>39746217

The fatter you are when you bulk the less muscle more fat you gain on bulk

Which is why reasonable people cut to 10% to bulk

But if you want to be gross forever sure
>>
>>39746221
>What the fuck?
Yeah, hence why I'm asking for help.

I started deadlifting and BB OHP 2 weeks ago which is why they're dogshit.
>>
>>39746283
your form must be dogshit if you can squat 160 but only dead 80
>>
>>39746230
i am forever gross
>>
Is lyle mcdonalds generic bulking routine 3x a week good? Should I add anything to it?
Is PPL anygood for a natty or is it too much for 6 days a week?
>>
>>39746314
bumping for interest
>>
>>39746314
yes
>>
>>39746174
get tight
>>
Why do so many bodybuilders that are obviously on steroids refuse to admit that they are and treat it as such a taboo subject?
>>
>>39746372
Because we are a guilt culture, and steroids is cheating. You'd never lie, cheat, or steal would you anon?
>>
>>39746303
That it is. Watched De Franco's Deadlift form vid the other day and went from 60 to 80 instantly

Arms are still taking too much weight but I'll climb fast once I fix form
>>
>On SL
>hit 1/2/3/4
>Switch to PHUL
>Take 20% off all compounds for beginning
>They feel heavy as fuck
Did I do something wrong?
>>
Is 30/30 x12 HIIT a good cardio routine?
If not, what would you recommend?
>>
I haven't worked out in 3 weeks cuz I had finals. @ the gym now. How do I not lift like a weak noob bitch this is why I haven't even been here for so long
>>
>>39746174
yo kick-ass, you should look into butt wink fixing.
>>
i keep hurting my lower back deadlifting. wat do?
bar scrapes my shins up and down, make sure my hips are above knee make sure back isnt rounded,
>>
>>39746675
train core and go easier on the diddly until you got a really tight core
>>
Is this good for a girl? Aiming for lower body.

Day A
Bulgarian split squats 3x12+
OHP 3x10
Lat pulldowns 3x10
Goodmornings 5x10
Hip thrusts 5x10
Hip abduction
Abs

Day B
Lunge 3x12+
Push-ups 5xF
RDL 5x10
Glute kickback 5x10
Hip abduction
Abs

Bulgarian split squats instead of regular squats bc there's no squat racks in her gym; also dem butt gains.
>>
>>39746174
You're pointing your toes out and collapsing into the hole. Keep your knees moving in the same vertical plane as your feet in general. If you point toes way out like that, you're putting a bunch of shear on your knee joint, and specifically that mcl is gone die if you don't get your knees right.

Also, nothing wrong with a slow, controlled descent in the squat
>>
>>39741619
BUMP BUMP BUMP

Anyone???
I know it's a bit of a read but pls. I just need to know if there's anything wrong with my routine
>>
I want my bench to progress but its slowly going up rep by rep and I also want to do OHP, yet I'm too tired to do OHP after benching. Should I alternate?
>>
>>39746644
anyone?
>>
Would dumbbell front squats and lunges be a good leg routine given I only have dumbbells to work with? also, as I do legs last, I can't seem to manage 3 sets due to fatigue, should I do them first next session?
>>
My Push/Pull routine

AxBxA (vol, heavy, vol)
BxAxB (vol, heavy, vol)

Push:
Squat
Bench, OH press
Push downs, OH extensions, dips

Pull:
Deadlift
Curls, rows
Sit ups, chin ups

Literally all you need if you are lifting right and eating right
>>
Just started Sean10mm's Stripped 5x5 strength routine

at best on ohp i can lift 30kg for 3x5 and the smallest weights i can find are 5kg each.

Until I get strong enough to lift 1pl8, should i just stick to the same weight throughout my workout? Since I can't increase the weight each set is it fine if i just do one weight for 5 sets? At least until I get strong enough to have something to workup to.
>>
I recently bought a kitchen scale to accurately count my macros

I noticed that 190g chicken breast after cooking weighted 140g. This is a bit surprising. Which one do I count my macros from? What causes the weight loss?
>>
>>39742292
almost nothing.
you can be as antisocial, sperg and awkward as you want at the gym.
you just pay the monthly quota and no one will fuck with you if you just come in and do your exercises the way you want it.

just a few tips:
-be cool and don't harass other people. this include staring at them.
-if you didn't find equipment that way or in that spot you better bring it back to its place when you are done. few exceptions ( no one care if you change the weight plates of a bar as long as you don't move it). also you will be blamed in place of someone else if they didn't put stuff in their place and then you used it and left it in the middle of the room. just learn where everything is supposed to be.
-most people do 3 sets with a 1 minute pause inbetween. that's enough time to have 2 people alternate on the same machine, ask respectfully about it and don't change someone's else plates ( which takes 1 minute to do) without asking first. you should be able to find out if someone was using a machine.
-if you sweat a lot wipe it off with a towel/put a towel on the bench.some gyms will kick you out if you come without towel, you'll struggle to ever see one in most.
-you usually have access only to the main room, other rooms might be for special courses like karate or crossfit.
-if you do an exercise wrong the gym's trainer might point it out. he's there, paid, to help everyone
-no dirty shoes inside gym. many people bring one extra pair just for the gym.
-you can choose if showering in the gym or just walk away all sweaty and shower at home.some gyms have paid showers.
-don't keep money, phone or valuables in the locker room. many gyms have locked cabinets to store stuff.
>>
File: 20161220_151105.png (373KB, 1440x1498px) Image search: [Google]
20161220_151105.png
373KB, 1440x1498px
Can I get some advice on my 5/3/1 routine? Should I add more volume? My bench is stalling.
>>
>>39746650
how do i fix buttwink?

i searched for it online and got many contradictory infos.It looks like everyone is shitting on the tight hamstring theory.
so far it sounds like ankle mobility might be involved but my ankles move fine.

is a plate under the heel the final solution or can i fix it without cheating?
>>
>>39747394
>What causes the weight loss?
is this even question?
it's 99% water evaporated ( or absorbed in case of cooking pasta).
>>
>>39747481
Welp, guess I've been eating too little protein for years then.
>>
>>39747439
It looks like BP is your only chest exercise. Am I reading your spreadsheet right?
>>
Can lunges and Stiff legged Deadlift replace hamstring curls? For hamstrings
>>
File: Golfers-Elbow_SAG.jpg (97KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Golfers-Elbow_SAG.jpg
97KB, 960x540px
I have a sharp pain at the circled location (the blue circle, not the white one I crossed out.)

I doesn't hurt when I'm moving around my arm without holding anything, but as soon as I hold onto something or grab something and flex my arm it hurts.

What is it and how long before I can lift again?
>>
>>39747899
See a doctor.
>>
>>39747945
Can't, no insurance no money left this month.
>>
>>39747591
>Lunges
Depends on how big of a step you take, a great exercise overall but not great at isolating hams.
>SLDs
Yes, as long as you don't catback.
>>
>>39748088
So overall those two exercises as a COMBO are sufficient for hams?
>>
>>39748193
As always: depends on your goals and programme. But purely for ham isolation, SDLs should be enough for most purposes. Lunges aren't that vital if you squat but won't hurt if you manage volume.
>>
I'm a recovering fatass, currently 88kg @ 180cm.
As I was an obeast I now have a fuckton of stretch marks all over my sides.
How do I get rid of them?
>>
>>39748227
My program is your standard PPL, based on coolcicada one. I don't have access to machines which is why I'm using lunges and Stiff ds as alternatives. Thanks for the reassurance
>>
>>39748239
How fat were you? For how long? Age? Did you or do you smoke/take drugs/drink? Gender? How fast have you lost the weight? How long has it been and have the marks decreased any?
>>
>>39744075
It doesn't matter when, as long as you stick to one
>>
Does taking an entire week off serve basically the same purpose as a deload week? Why or why not?
>>
>>39744075
>How do you guys decide when to cut or bulk?
Roughly:
>if over 12% come bitches-and-shores season: cut.
>otherwise: cut once I reach 15-18%BF, lean bulk once I'm under 10-12%.
>Do you change your routine at all when you cut?
Lower volume, more intensity.
>>
>>39748412
No, deloading and resting are not quite the same. They can however have similar effects if you're plateauing because of accumulated fatigue.
>>
>>39748439

I'm assuming that's why I'm plateauing, can't think of any other reason I would be, so I suppose the answer is yes in my case? Thanks for the input
>>
>>39748461
Routine? How long have you been lifting? Post screen of training log if you have it on your pc.
>>
Does it make a difference if I use Whey concentrate or isolate?

Beside the minimal change in fat and carbs?
>>
>>39741619
I feel like I am doing more with a deadlfit in regards to my legs than when I squat. I know I have good form in both, mostly because I am doing them with Dumbbells. I can do a lot less Deadlifts than Squats with similar weight. I am also a complete noob in regards to lifting. Is Deadlift better than squat?
>>
>>39748503
concentrate is a little better for the immune system

isolate is generally more tolerable for the digestive system
>>
>>39748283
250lb (111kg) at my fattest, for 2-3 years. No drugs, male, lost most in 6 months, turned 19 recently.
Marks decreased a little bit desu, but not much.
>>
During certain exercises, mostly noticable in my pull days I am starting to feel like my forearms are my limiting factor. Not so much for the weight but as I hit more reps they burn like hell until I feel like even getting one more rep my hands won't be able to grip the weight. Is this a side effect of some of the higher rep ranges? Do I need more forearm training? Form issue?

This is especially noticeable on facepulls where I do 5x20 rep, usually with no more then 90 seconds rest. But even on the first set where I would be most fresh, by rep 17-18 my forearms are burning. I do feel it in my rear delts but that doesn't seem like the limiting factor.

Thoughts?
>>
>>39748264
You can do some GHR. You can use the bar with some weight to keep your "feet" down. I use the back of my power rack to brace my feet while i do them.
>>
>>39748636
So:
>Go from 111kg to 88 over 6 months (23kg lost, 1000kcal deficit average.)
>Probably didn't crack 40%BF at fattest.
>Only were fat for a couple of years.
>Only 19.
>No drugs.
Mate you shouldn't have very noticeable stretchmarks, and if you have them they should go away soon.

Wait a year, lift and don't regain weight. If they don't become barely noticeable then you have very shit genetics. But I'm sure it'll be alright.
>>
Rate my routine:

>Day 1

1x5+ Deadlifts
3x12 Pulldowns
3x12 Seated cable rows
5x20 Face pulls
4x12 Hammer curls
4x12 Dumbbell curls
3x8 Squats
3x8 Romanian Deadlifts

>Day 2

4x5+ Bench
3x12 Lightweight OHP
3x12 Incline dumbbell press
3x12 Triceps pushdowns Super set 5x12 Lat raises
3x12 Skull crushers Super set 5x12 Lat raises
3x12 Leg press
3x12 Leg curls
3x12 Calf raises

>Day 3
3x5+ Squats
3x12 Romanian deadlifts
3x12 Leg press
3x12 Leg curls
3x12 Calf raises

>Day 4
Same as day 1 but with Barbell rows instead of deadlifts

>Day 5
Same as day 2 but lightweight high rep Bench and heavy low rep OHP

Also add ab machine 3x12 after every workout for fun.
>>
>>39748666
If your forearms are limiting your progress, do some more forearm work. Deadhangs and farmers walks are bretty gud.

Why so much volume on facepulls anyway?
>>
>>39748771
I saw / felt very little develop using less reps with more weight and have been trying higher volume for a few months to see if it fits better. I did a similar thing with lateral raises and my shoulders responded way better to higher volume so I figured I would try the same with my rear delts. Basically after 4 months or so ill check my progress and see how I feel and either keep going with high volume or go back to lower volume more weight.
>>
>>39748756
Okay what I'm seeing out of this is that you feel you need more lower body frequency/volume? How will you progress?
>>
Can I do Chest/Upper body on MWF, then Abs, Legs, and Cardio on TTS?
>>
>>39741619
what's the consensus on how to get bigger shoulders? what exercises, how heavy, rep ranges, etc.?
>>
>>39748806
What do you mean mate?

pardon my autism, but it's a PPL program with the second leg day divided on all days because I don't have time to go to the gym 6 times a week.
>>
File: 738778801.jpg (87KB, 661x960px) Image search: [Google]
738778801.jpg
87KB, 661x960px
Using Creatine while trying to lose fat. Good or bad idea?
>>
>>39748756
'ereday is leg day? Overall I don't like it. But if it works for you, great. I guess if your legs are a super weak point but overall I just don't get training them everyday with no rest/recovery time.
>>
>>39748834
If you want to train 5 days, I think you would be working with a model closer to PHAT. You do 1 upper, 1 lower day. Then a pretty normal PPL for the other 3 gym days.
>>
>>39748842
Creatine doesn't impact fat loss only scale weight. Now if you are trying to lose weight and just started lifting weights I dont think (personally) there is any reason to bother with creatine. Lift for 6-8-12 months then worry about it. But really creatine won't impact fat loss, only scale weight.
>>
>>39748824
Generally agreed that pressing movements are enough for anterior delt (bench, ohp, dips, etc.)

Generally agreed that lateral raises are the king for the lateral delt

Rear delt you gotta find what works for you but you have to hit them hard for sure

Lighter weight, tons of reps, if you're not getting a pump in your shoulders then your weight/range of motion is off
>>
>>39748494

Oct. 29
11/11/7+4 db fly 20lbs.
2x8 db press 40lbs
+(1×4 db press 35lbs)
+(1x10 db press 30lbs)
8/8/6+2 incline db fly 20lbs
12/12/9 incline db press 30lbs
22/23 db lateral raise 5lbs.

Nov. 22
7/6/1 incline db fly 25lbs.
(1x5 20lbs.) (1x14 15lbs.)
10/7/3 db press 45lbs
(1x5 35lbs.)
9/7/6 db fly 25lbs
11/9/2 incline db press 35lbs
(1x5 30lbs.) (1x12 25lbs.)
2x20 db lateral raise 10lbs

Dec. 11
8/6+3/4+1 incline db fly 25lbs.
(1x14 15lbs.)
9/6+3/4 db press 45lbs
(1x4 35lbs.)
9/4+3/2 db fly 25lbs
(1x20 15lbs.)
9/6+4/4 incline db press 35lbs
(1x10 30lbs.)
3x12, 2x10 db lateral raise 10lbs

I'm 5'11" 160lbs. currently, been lifting since April (when I weighed 130) doing AxBxAxB. Consistently eating +300 kcal/day. Stuff in parentheses are drop sets. These are just the lifts I'm stalling on - all for chest except the lateral raise. As you can see, I'm trying to do 3x8-12 but by the time I get to my third set for each lift, I can barely do 1 or 2 reps so I have to do drop sets. Lately I feel fatigue in my biceps way before I feel it in my chest.
>>
>>39748919
>5'11 160

eat more carbs boy
>>
>>39748919
A 5lbs jump on stuff like incline flies and db presses is pretty large if you can only do 8 reps, especially this far into the novice stage. You're probably overreaching. Doubt you're at the end of your noob gains. Deload and go for rep progression up to 12-15.

Also, you seem to be doing push 4 times a week? When do you manage to do the other stuff? You probably got way too much overall volume. If i were you, I'd do something like PHUL.
>>
Is doing a 4 minute tabata HIIT routine on rest days worth it or is it just a waste of time?

Im trying to get my sprint time up and mile up but I am more focused on making lean gains.
>>
File: 1458873035183.png (795KB, 596x593px) Image search: [Google]
1458873035183.png
795KB, 596x593px
How to cause hypermia of the dick?
>>
>>39748966

I'm trying. When I started I was auschwitz mode. As you can see my lifts are still pathetic but nowhere near as bad as 6 months ago. I just wanna be able to press 80lb. dbs but right now I can't even do 3x10 with 45s and complete the rest of my routine :( feels bad man
>>
>>39748999

The stuff I posted is my A day; B days I do planks, bulgarian split squats and bouldering. I thought I was stalling because my progression before was pretty linear, but the past few weeks I struggle to even do the same amount of reps as my previous session. I will try the deload + higher reps thing.

Thanks again for your help
>>
chiropractor tips?

first time going, extreme lower back pain, in and out, either dull and constant, or sharp and constant but there's always pain to some degree.

I have an extra lumbar vertebrae.
>>
>>39744292
You need push and pull yo. If you want more legs do an upper/lower split instead.
>>
>>39748877
Thanks my man. Been getting conflicting info on youtube. Cheers.
>>
>>39744452
I'd say half your barbell weight minus 5kg per dumbbell (minus 5kg because you're doing slightly different movements, don't wanna overload on day 1)

Just make sure you keep all the muscles worked so you don't get major DOMS when you get back in the gym. Your lifts might suffer a little, but you'll get them back in a week or two.
>>
>>39745797
just google Fierce 5 and do his routines
>>
File: 1Untitled.png (864KB, 1572x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1Untitled.png
864KB, 1572x1048px
>>39744452
>>39749179
It's not -Xkg per dumbbell, it's percentage based. Most people on surveys regarding dumbbell equivalency can put up about 2/3 to 3/4 the weight compared to barbells (when it comes to upper body.)

>150lb, 3X5 bench
150*0.7 (a decent starting point)/2 = 52,5lbs per dumbbell. But since doing DB bench for low reps is usually impractical, it would probably better to go for 3X8, the difference in doable weight between 3X5 and 3X8 is about 10%. So:
>47,5lbs per dumbbell, 3X8 DB bench.

For squats and deadlifts you're probably going to need to go for single leg variants or alternative exercises unless you have some heavy ass DBs and straps.
>DL replacement: single leg (stiff legged) deadlifts, deep Lunges, single leg hip raises.
>Squat: Lunges, Goblet Squats, Split Squats.
>>
>>39747462
yeah, just work on your general flexibility and mobility. ankles, hamstrings, psoas, it doesn't hurt. as long as you wink at least. some autists claim that it will hurt you if you stretch some not so tight muscles but this is retarded. never saw any flexible guy having problems with stuff like butt wink. and guess what, those guys are flexible all around. also work on your core. exercises like planks where you focus on getting your glutes and abs tight are awesome.
>>
>>39744159
skip tuna on some days or you'll get heavy metals poisoning and that aint fun
>>
>>39749313
I'm the second guy this guy responded to; ignore my post, he knows more shit than me.
>>
>>39746372
>>39746392
and because most of them are sponsored by a nutrition or some other bullshit company
imagine if a jacked bodybuilder said welp this protein powder sure is good but it's not what made me huge, it's steroids ma niggas
>>
>>39746644
if you can maintain 30/30 x12 you're not pushing yourself hard enough in the high intensity phase
do something like 20/40 x5 the frist week (2-3 times per week), then x6 the next week, then x7 etc. then when you get to 15-20 sets, do it 25/35 x5 then climb back up. but make sure that you're giving it everything you've got
>>
File: 1414096289984.jpg (49KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1414096289984.jpg
49KB, 720x576px
I started drinking protein 2 months ago and now Im going with a new brand that my trainer at the gym recommended me. The thing is that my old protein had inside a scoop/spoon it called a "measure", this new one doesn't, just says "use X scoops" yada yada yada.

How much is a scoop? Is it a type of measurement? Do I use the spoon that came with the other?

Please respond, I'm new at this.
>>
>>39746675
are you tall? or do you have short arms?
if yes to any one of those 2 questions, switch to block pulls (lift the diddly a bit - google it)
>>
>>39747269
add bulgarian split squats and yes, do em first
>>
Can teens build more muscle, if yes how many pounds per year should they expect?
>>
Does anyone have a PPL template I can use to make my own?

Also are deadlifts necessary for aesthetics?
>>
>>39749460
You can just use the old spoon if you haven't thrown it out (density across various brands should be fairly equivalent) or use a kitchen scale to determine how much you need to fill a glass/cup/spoon/whatever to get 30grams and mark it/remember it. Or you could just buy a measuring spoon separately.
>>
File: photo_2016-12-20_13-20-14.jpg (126KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-12-20_13-20-14.jpg
126KB, 1280x719px
>>39749619
This is it. It doesnt says how much it is in oz/mg tho, I filled it to the top and mixed it with 180 ml of milk.
>>
>>39749577
Reddit's is good, just switch out the accessories, too much arm shit in there.

And I'd say yes, especially if you work your obliques too for that goat lower-back.
>>
>>39749684
Sorry forgot the link
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>>39749656
It's not Vafarin, being a gram or two off isn't that bad.

If you really want to make sure, just use a kitchen scale.
>>
>>39749709
So 33g per 180ml of water/milk is the way to go?
>>
>>39749728
180ml is too little milk for my taste (I go for 250-300ml,) but as long as it doesn't clump it's okay.

Yeah, you should be getting about 25g of protons from the whey and 5g from milk.
>>
>>39749577
>Also are deadlifts necessary for aesthetics?
Not really, no, but you'd have to add two or three exercises to get the same benefits as deadlifts.
>>
is an 80kg 5'8 person expected to be able to lift the same as an 80kg 6'ft person?

because weight classes exist and all that
>>
>>39749684
>>39749697
>>39749792
thanks, you've both helped a lot.
>>
What snacks do you eat /fit/?

I'm having a hard time thinking of anything other than nuts
>>
>>39749792
This, glutes (and to a lesser degree obliques) can be a bitch to work if you don't deadlift or at least squat. And why not do glutes+hams+a bunch of other stuff at the same time instead of working them seperatley. But if you're in it for aesthetics there is no need to go for heavy doubles or triples, up the reps to 8-14 and you're set.
>>
>>39745895
>>39745818
What can you replace them with?

I've injured myself doing both before and would like to try avoiding them in future
>>
>>39749770
Thanks. I also started drinking creatine last month and I feel it worked but everybody tells me a different way of drinking it. What I did was this

>First week drank 1 tablespoon of creatine in 180 ml of water five times every days
>the next three weeks only 1 time everyday
>stop for two weeks and repeat

I usually go to the gym a minimum of 4 days a week, and only when I go I drink protein, the other days I dont. I was told by the guy I decided to listen to follow that I greentexted and drink the creatine even the days I didnt work out.

Is that an OK way of using creatine?
>>
>>39749835
Fruit (in moderation because sugar), veg (a bit of sauce for taste won't hurt), seeds.

Trail mixes are really good.
>>
File: 440105003l.gif (182KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
440105003l.gif
182KB, 750x750px
>>39749835
Whole wheat cookies (pic related,) granola bars, fruit, beef jerky, raw quail eggs, occasionally a protein bar (although that shit is expensive,) dark chocolate (just make sure you control yourself.)
>>
>>39749870
Sounds like creatine cycling, and there's not really any reason to do that. I just take creatine once a day until my normal supply runs out, then stay off it maybe a month or so, and repeat. I get great results from that.
>>
>>39749870
>all this complex shit with creatine

Throw everything you know in the trash. 5 to 10g (1 to 2 teaspoons) at roughly the same time every day. Don't cycle or any of that shit, there are no real benefits. Likewise, there's no down side to taking it on rest days. The important thing is to drink more water, since it dehydrates you a bit by filling muscle cells with water.

Personally I just put a heaped 5g scoop in with my first whey shake every day. No need to complicate things; remember, it's a supplement, your body's making and using this shit all the time anyway, you're just giving it a bit extra.
>>
>>39749870
As far as creatine goes - just drink 5-10g per day and don't worry about it. Also you seem to be fixated on how much water/milk you use - that shit is personal preference, 5g of creatine is 5g of creatine. When I used to drink it, I put it in my whey shake so I it wouldn't taste as chalky.

>and only when I go I drink protein, the other days I dont
Protein and creatine intake should be consistent the whole time (your body builds muscle on your off days too.) Usually you only slightly decrease carb intake on rest days - and even that is optional.
>>
>>39749916
>>39749935

>remember, it's a supplement, your body's making and using this shit all the time anyway, you're just giving it a bit extra.

The reason I started cycling was because of that, because the guy told me that it was a way to avoid making the body stop producing it. desu I should have investigated more. I will wait for these two weeks of "rest" to start drinking it again. Thanks for your suggestions.
>>
>>39749835
Cashews and coffee.

Sometimes if I have enough calories saved up I'll get some ice cream or candy, though that is hardly ever an option.
>>
>>39749958
dw, we all fall for some bullshit at some point. One thing this site's good for is cutting it all away.

>20th captcha in a row telling me to identify sushi
>I've never seen sushi irl
>Fucking why
>>
>>39744292
Look up maximum recoverable volume. Legs are big muscles and take more time to recover. As long as you're progressing though you'll probably be fine. Just be careful.
>>
>>39747974
It's most likely tendonitis my man. Go easy on it for a couple weeks and it should go away. But it's always likey to come back so you have to be extra mindful.
>>
>>39749958
>that it was a way to avoid making the body stop producing it
Another episode of: "creatine is a steroid, bro." Sure, your body produces creatine - but it won't stop just because you're taking it. That's like saying you'll lose your capacity for ketosis if you eat too many carbs.

>>39750016
You have it easy, mate. The way it's going, captcha will soon ask me to critique post-modernist art in order to post.
>>
Is that V8 Fusion drink a legitimate way to get your daily servings of vegetables or is it more gimmicky crap?
>>
>>39750133
I mean it's healthier than soda for sure but I wouldn't rely on it as my only source of vegetables
>>
>>39748726
Stretch marks are mostly skin genetics in action.

Bio oil won't make them go away but they do reduce the discoloration to an almost unnoticeable amount. Your natural complexion comes into play here too. The tanner you are the more noticeable they will be.
>>
>>39750133
>V8 Fusion
>https://cspinet.org/news/campbell-facing-lawsuit-over-deceptive-v8-juice-drink-marketing-20140612
Wouldn't say so mate, not that drinking your calories is a good idea anyways. It doesn't sate hunger as much and the lack of fiber (even drinks that claim to have plenty of it are usually deceptive) will make you uncomfortably familiar with the feeling of getting bum raped.
>>
File: IMG_20161220_193844.jpg (515KB, 1598x2240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161220_193844.jpg
515KB, 1598x2240px
Has anybody here had a sarcoma?

How was treatment?
Did you need chemo?
Physio?
What to expect?
>>
>>39750180
Fuck bro sorry to hear that, no advice just empathy
>>
>>39750180
Fuck, sorry to hear that mate. But I think you're better off asking at a cancer support forum than on here.
>>
>>39750204
>>39750226
It's not serious
well, not fatal anyway
I'm just in obsessive mode atm, my biopsy is soon and I'm in the dark until then
>>
>>39750248
Godspeed anon.
>>
>>39750248
ask if you can keep it when they cut it out
>>
>>39750258
good call
I suppose it's my property
>>
>>39750180
Where is it located, anon? Size?

The gold standard is surgically removing it, doctors might consider chemo or immunotherapy depending on its stage.

medstudent fag here
>>
>>39750288
calf muscle
not sure what size
lymph nodes are normal

what will the biopsy tell me?
and how will it alter treatment?
>>
If it turns out to be a benign tumor, then I had that too- I think.
>Get wisdom tooth removed.
>A month latter my jaw hurts like fuck and there is a bony welt.
>Go to doctor, get x-ray: looks like bony herpes.
>They saw and chisel it out under local (not painful, just intensely uncomfortable)
>Send it for biopsy, turns out to be benign (probably.)
>No worries since then (3 years after.)
>Face is a bit fucked up due to asymmetry and occasionally get tingling in my jaw (but I'm told that's just a bit of ancillary nerve damage.)
Or maybe that's something completely different from what you have. Overall it's best to chalk it up as a fun new experience.
>>
>>39750338
in your skull?
damn man, that could have gone so much worse
just chalk it up to being human I guess
>>
>>39750338
I had a lesion earlier this year with the same scare.

>randomly a section of my face just above my mouth starts hurting
>have a dentist appointment not soon after
>they take an x-ray, find out my bone is getting eaten away bacteria
>could be cancer
>send me to a surgeon
>he removes the bone in the area
>wait 3 weeks for autopsy
>not cancer
>no further action required besides a root canal

the other option was removing 3 of my front teeth, I was sacred as fuck.
>>
>>39750314
They will tell you what type of cells it is made of, size, whether it is benign or malignant, in the case of the latter what stage is it based on how altered the cells are and how fast they are dividing and if it has compromised any vessels.

Radiotherapy administered previous to the surgery could be used. Chemo is left for later stages.

You are young and healthy and have no poor prognosis factors.
>>
>>39750405
I knew it wasn't serious
The MRI scan showed it was embedded entirely in muscle tissue.

how quickly do these things develop?
like, the difference between stage 2 and 3

and is radiotherapy necessary if it's benign?

and most importantly, will I get full function of the muscle back?
>>
>>39750426
I didn't read it was a muscle tumour, they usually tend to be extremely chemosensitive, RT is not the best option in this case.

How quickly they develop varies but they tend to be aggressive, if no lymph nodes had been affected it's because it was found in the very early stages
As I said RT is not recommended/needed in muscle sarcomas unless they have invaded other parts of the body.
About functionality, it depends on how much of the muscle they will have to remove but they pay attention to the functional and cosmetic needs of each patient.
>>
>>39750486
well the surgeon wasn't willing to say what kind of sarcoma it is
everything depends on the biopsy results

chemo scares me, I'm sure they'll explain all options when we have more info though

thanks for your 2c
>>
>>39750637
You are welcome, anon. Don't give it much thought till the results come back and chemo isn't that scary, you can deal with the side effects.

Godspeed to you, anon.
>>
File: fit fa.jpg (444KB, 1200x1300px) Image search: [Google]
fit fa.jpg
444KB, 1200x1300px
Just got into lifting well kinda, I just wanna get skinny/toned for now.
I have 15lb dumbells that's it for now building my own homegym what can I do with them to get stronger/lose weight?
Thx
>>
File: 1478293996113.gif (2MB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
1478293996113.gif
2MB, 356x200px
Can you quickly gain and lose size? Not even talking about getting ripped overnight or some shit, I'm just talking about muscles looking fuller or plumper. I was out of the gym for a month and half, maybe more and I felt like after a month I had gotten smaller. First week back at the gym and I feel like I just look bigger in the mirror, especially around my shoulders and traps. This is probably all psychological but it seems like if you already have over a year of progress you shrink a little when cut off from the gym and get back your size/strength quickly.
>>
>>39750729
Using 15 lb dumbbells to gain muscle is like using a toothpick to carve marble. You're going to accomplish nothing.

Read the sticky.
>>
>>39750769
It's probably just the pump.
>>
File: Jose 2.jpg (50KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
Jose 2.jpg
50KB, 450x350px
>>39750775
Ok but can I tone my the fat on my arms so they look better?
>>
>>39750789
No. Read the sticky.
>>
>>39750789
Yes, never increase the weight.
>>
>>39750729
>>39750789
>toned
>tone
That is not a real thing.
Also, stvdi the adhevsive.
>>
File: Zinedine-Zidane.jpg (66KB, 400x598px) Image search: [Google]
Zinedine-Zidane.jpg
66KB, 400x598px
>>39750794
So what the fuck is the point of 15lb dumbells if they won't help me do anything?!
"Are you just trying to "tone up"? Lift weights. "Toning" is kind of a nonsense term, because you don't actually "tone" anything. You can only lose fat and gain muscle, and lifting weights helps you do both, by burning calories and promoting muscle growth. Like I said before, you get huge by eating huge, not lifting weights; lifting just determines how much of your weight is muscle vs. fat."
So I can tone up?
>>
>>39750811
>"tone" is a nonsense word
>can i tone?

Do you know how to fucking read? Fuck off and read all of the sticky instead of skimming it. It's why the fucking thing exists.
>>
>>39750811
>So what the fuck is the point of 15lb dumbells if they won't help me do anything?!
They're for women, the elderly and the retarded. Assuming you're a grown male you'll need at least a 15-20kg set to start out.
>>
Can I train my last with a barbell?(put bar on shoulders and push?)
>>
>>39750846
Ok well I just started lifting and i'm not done puberty i'm asking for a friend whose 15 and he can deadlift 245 for his max but struggle with 100 pound bench like he is really new to this so please help thx
>>
>>39741619
dont curl just chin up and why no pull ups?
>>
>>39750915
help with what? Help him bench? How do you suppose we do that?

Also
>you must be over 18 to use this site
leave underage
>>
File: JUDEN PROBLEMO.jpg (68KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
JUDEN PROBLEMO.jpg
68KB, 642x960px
>>39750967
No is it normal to DL 245 but struggle with 100 pound bench how do get better chest strength.
>>
>>39750982
READ THE STICKY
>>
if that medfag is still here, the biopsy will be a ultrasound guided needle under local
My transport is my motorbike, am I better off taking someone who can give me a ride home?
>>
>>39750915
>i'm asking for a friend whose 15
>thx
>whose
>thx
>for a friend
You're not fooling anyone. And if you can catback 245 while struggling with a 100lbs bench - then I'd really like to buy stakes in your orthopedists practice.

Read the sticky and learn form from a coach (not some rando PT,) starting to lift young is great and all but you can seriously hurt yourself.
>>
>>39751015
Not a medfag. But yes, having a biopsy on your leg is probably not conductive to driving your bike back home.
>>
>>39751017
Yeah no one believed "he" could DL 245 but not really bench 100.
So yeah I was just wondering if that can be bad for my health.
>>
>>39751026
well I know it sounds obvious, but it's better to ask
>>
>>39751041
Bench should be around 60-65% of your DL. The discrepancy is probably due to you either never benching (and having been a 15yo boy, I doubt that) or you using piss-poor form on your deadlift to inflate the numbers - that shit will fuck you up.

Straight back, shoulders back, brace, you lift with your ass and hammies. If your back feels straight - it isn't, if it feels like there was never a straighter line in your universe than your back during deadlifts - then it's probably halfway alright.
>>
>>39746174
Skip the shoes, they're meant for running, not for standing still while balancing weight.
Do it slower, more controlled
The bouncing you do at the bottom of the squat is bad and could hurt your spine when using heavier weights.
Stand on your heels. Dont let knees get over toes.
>>
File: 1475062103618.png (158KB, 1129x421px) Image search: [Google]
1475062103618.png
158KB, 1129x421px
How much time will it take to go from 15%bf to 10%bf with 300kcal deficit?
>>
>>39751101
And the toes should be pointing straight forward.
>>
>>39751111
Post body.
Age? Current weight? Current Length?
>>
>>39751091
Yeah I think my form is fucking garbage than.
Thanks man I appreciate it!
>>
>>39751129

male 27
138 lbs
5'7
>>
>>39751111
Nice quads

Percentages are relative, 300kcal is an absolute value. Notice the problem? You should if you paid attention in 5th grade: We need your weight.
>>
>>39751150
I'm same height and 156 lbs and i got visible abs + veins like a map. Gonna guess you're skinny fat. Just start lifting and in should sort itself out.
>>
>>39751175
Answer to your question. 1-3 months depending on how consistent and dedicated.
>>
>>39746174
>Keep your head in neutral spine.
>Narrow your grip
>Lift your elbows back
>Learn a proper valsalva
>Turn your toes in
>Lower yourself into the hole
>Knees track over the toes
>Dont bounce
>Rise up out of the hole with the hips

Get rid of those shoes.
>>
>>39751150
>male
>138lbs, 5'7''
lol

Lean mass at 30%BF at 138lbs is 0.7*138lbs = 96,6lbs.
If your lean mass dosen't change (it will, you'll lose at least some water weight) then 15%BF would be 99,6lbs/0,85 (since your lean mass will be 85% of your weight at 15%BF.)
The difference is just under 25lbs or 11,4kg.
To lose 1kg of fat you need a deficit of 8000kcal. 11.4*8000=91,200kcal.
91,200kcal/300kcal/day = 304 days.
Or roughly 10 months.
>>
>>39751211
Made a conversion error, it's 8 months.

But you can do it sooner if you lift since your lean mass will go up even on a deficit as a noob.
>>
How much is 1pl8? 100lbs?
>>
>>39751360
135 lbs. Two 45 lb plates and the 45 lb bar.
>>
>>39751370
So when someone says "lmao4pl8" they mean 45^4+bar?
>>
>>39751456
no, it's eight 45 plates (4 on each side) plus the bar
>>
>>39751456
No. It means they have 45*4 (180) on each side + bar.
>>
>>39751456
No, they mean 45lbsX4X2+45lbs bar = 405lbs.
1plt is one plate ON EACH END.
2plt is one plate on each end.
There are two ends on a barbell.

Also 45^4 is 4.100.625.
>>
>>39750886
Bump
>>
>>39751499
>last
?? You mean your lats? Do bent over rows with elbows tucked to body.
>>
>>39751499
>>39751596
Your lats are pulling muscles, doing what you described would train your traps. Maybe you meant them? In that case ordinary barbell shrugs are the answer.
>>
>>39751596
>>39751608
Meant lats, sorry. So hold the bar while bent over and pull towards my chest?
>>
>>39751634
Look up a tutorial on bent-over row, but basically yes. If you want to emphasize your lats, as I said, you should keep your elbows as close to your body as you can.
>>
>>39741619
hey whats that website that allwos your to track you overal body fitness, its like colour coded and goes from novice to professional etc??
>>
are there any reasons I shouldn't roid if all I'm interested in is getting joocy as fuark?
>>
>>39751714
Symmetrical strength.
Although keep in mind that SS assumes you're around 10% bodyfat, don't be discouraged if it thinks you're pathetically weak because you're 30%BF.
>>
>>39751723
No, you clearly are a /fit/ meme master. It would be irresponsible of you not to roid.
>>
>>39751743
But seriously, are there any legit drawbacks? I have no interest in competing, only looking good.
>>
guys, its beneficial to do multiple styles of training right? and to switch it up a bit once in a while.

What if for one month you did a strength routine to build strength and the next month you did full volume. You can do a lot of volume with the build up strength. after the volume you go to strenght again and the month after you can than do even more volume because of the strength gains.
>>
>>39751776
Mate that isn't a decision you should make based some anons word, but here's the gist:
>If you're genetically predisposed, there is a very small chance you will fuck your endocrine system up forever and irreversibly. You could also get an infection that takes your leg, but again - very, very small chance.
>Assuming that worst-of-the-worst case scenarios don't happen then it's mostly acne, balding (but only if you're genetically predisposed,) swings in mood and libido are exaggerated by the media but they do happen, some people even get quite depressed.
>Overall being on is great if you aren't genetically fucked, know what you're doing and aren't colossally unlucky.
>Getting off isn't that bad either if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>39751839
Mike Israetel had a great video on this. Yeah, even if you're in it for aesthetics - switching to a more strenght focused routine once in a while has its benefits. But if you're all about PRs then the reverse isn't quite as true.

But it's generally not a month to month thing.
>>
>>39751852
how do you find out if you are liable to get fucked?
>>
>>39751872
There are probably some genetic screenings that you can do, or maybe not. Or maybe there are but not exactly legal.

Beats me, most guys find out when shit goes pear shaped.
>>
If I'm doing clean&press, trapbar deads, and Bulgarian lunges, then what am I really missing out on by not doing back squats and barbell deadlifts?
>>
>>39751867
im doing reddit ppl right now, should i stick with it? or going to strength for a while and come back for volume after a while
>>
>>39751934
Depends on a lot of things. Ultimatley it's: Go for it if you want, or don't. Just don't go routine hopping every month and make sure you dissipate any accumulated fatigue.
>>
>>39751923
Busted back.
>>
>>39751923
Being better at DLing and squating. Also as far as I'm aware Bulgarian split squats are back squats.
>>
>>39751923
>>39752062
>Bulgarian lunges
Did you mean lunges or split squats? Because if it's lunges then you're missing out on TUT, the main weakness of lunges over squats.
>>
Dull head pain after heavy compounds lifts, specifically near one ear. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>39752188
Every time or just sometimes?
>>
>>39752216
First time ever today after some squats
>>
>>39741619
Unless you're on gear or eating a fuck ton I would advice not working out 6 days a fucking week.

Also consider front squats for flexibility and abwork.

>>39742292
Yes. Form videos on youtube will be fine, and if you go to do compounds then just look for some guy near that you can tell knows what to look for. Don't go out of your way to bother people, but I find that most are usually friendly and open to checking form.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I think I got basic form on most lifts, but something seems always escape me to reach perfect form.

Deadlifts: I get my ass so back that I essentially "squat the deadlift". But doing them properly bend over feels like I'm ripping my spinal erectors apart, even with low weight.

OHP: are the elbows supposed to point in front of me all the time? my elbows point to the sides as soon I start pushing the weight

Rows: People says to keep your back parallel to the ground and lift the weight into your belly. But if I keep my back parallel to the ground and the arms straight down and pull the weight up the bar goes to my chest, not on my belly. to do that I shoul pull the bar up and then down to my belly. what gives? I can't do that in a straight movement.
>>
>>39752232
Might just be a headache from clenching. Unless it happens every time you work out from now on, there should be nothing to worry about.

>>39752264
What do you mean, it feels like you're ripping your spinal erectors apart? Do you actually feel pain with proper form?

For OHP, no, your elbows aren't supposed to point out all the way through. Just follow the natural movement pattern.

For rows, it kind of depends on you. Some people prefer to pull to their chest, others to their stomach. If you want to pull to your stomach, just pull the bar back in one motion, instead of up and then back.
>>
>>39752236
>I would advice not working out 6 days a fucking week.
This, it can be done natty but chances are you'll overreach soon and then you can't catch up with your fatigue - forcing you to take breaks and you end up doing the same amount of training as if you did 3-4 a week.
>>
>>39752329
Or you take it easy and end up under-training, again not much better than working out 3-4 times a week. It can be done but requires quite a lot of precision and regimentation.
>>
>>39752264
You should not be "squatting the deadlift". Deadlifts are not squats. They are a hip hinge. It's a hip extension movement with little knee extension.

Watch the Justin Lascek "3 press fixes" video for what to do with your elbows and grip on OHP.

Where the weight touches on your rows is dependent on your grip width. A wide grip will end higher up on the chest, a more narrow grip will be closer to the abdomen.
>>
SQ 110KG
DEAD 130KG
BW 92KG

I'm 5 months into as and each session is getting really taxing. I finish feeling drained and sometimes light headed depending on how ive eaten. Is this the point I move to an intermediate routine? or is my CNS just not adapted to the intensity? or am I being a little bitch? I really want to hit 4/3/2/1 ASAP
>>
>>39752393
You move on to an intermediate routine when your current one doesn't work anymore, despite adequate nutrition, rest, form, and adherence to the program. If those things are taken care of, no routine is gonna work.
>>
File: 1479653821638.png (616KB, 540x543px) Image search: [Google]
1479653821638.png
616KB, 540x543px
Simple question about bulking:
I'm getting conflicting information. So everyone says you should lift heavy regularly, and eat 1g protein per pound bodyweight per day - now most people say you also need to eat at a caloric surplus (some say 250 cals more, some say 500). But some other people, e.g. Scoobert, says all you need is the protein and the lifting, so you can keep your calories the same and you'll still gain muscle.

1) So if I lift, eat 1g protein per lbs a day, and eat at maintenance calories, will I gain muscle?

2) if not, how much of a surplus should I do? 250 or 500?

3) what do the extra calories even do if protein is all that is needed to build muscle?

I know this is supposed to be basic knowledge but the conflicting info is confusing me. I've never been clear on why you need extra calories.
>>
Has anyone tried mk 677 for height gains im 18 5'10 but want to get to 6, is there any legit brands, i've seen some on ebay but not sure if they are legit, if so how many inches did you grew?
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.png (108KB, 720x543px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH.png
108KB, 720x543px
I NEED WHEY PROTEIN WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY
>>
>>39752615
>1) So if I lift, eat 1g protein per lbs a day, and eat at maintenance calories, will I gain muscle?

Body recomposition is a long, slow process. It is possible, but takes forever.

>2) if not, how much of a surplus should I do? 250 or 500?

500cal/day surplus will put on a pound a week. Not all muscle.

>3) what do the extra calories even do if protein is all that is needed to build muscle?

Energy
>>
>>39752615
>1) So if I lift, eat 1g protein per lbs a day, and eat at maintenance calories, will I gain muscle?
If you're just starting out, yes. If you've been working out for a few years, no.

>2) if not, how much of a surplus should I do? 250 or 500?
Depends how fast you want to gain mass. 500 surplus means more mass, but also more fat. 250 surplus means less mass over time but also less fat gain. So it's really up to you.

>3) what do the extra calories even do if protein is all that is needed to build muscle?
Protein is not all that's needed. Your body needs more energy than it burns to build mass, which is the reason for the caloric surplus.
>>
File: IMG_2434.jpg (128KB, 800x1273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2434.jpg
128KB, 800x1273px
>>39752659
This
>>
>>39752615

>1.

No. You need to eat at a surplus.

>2.

Try 300. That should be fine. You wanna gain .5-1 pound a week. if you're gaining anymore, chances are you're putting on too much fat.

>3.

Extra calories = mass. Protein support that mass being lean muscle mass. The other macro's don't necessarily promote fatty mass, but excess carbs will typically be stored as fat. Nonetheless, Calorie surplus = gain in mass. Calorie deficit = loss in mass. That simple really.
>>
>>39752684
ARE YOU SURE THAT ISN'T A BULLSHIT WHEY? I'M GOING TO BUY CREATINE TOO.
>>
>>39752615
It's all true to an extent.

1) You don't need 1g/lb a day, only 0.8g. There are no studies that suggest that any more than this is beneficial. You technically don't need to eat at a surplus to gain muscle, but the growth is extremely slow in-comparison. Bulking allows for faster muscle growth.

2) It depends on your approach. If you want to gain muscle as quickly as possible, the best route to go is a 400-500 calorie surplus, this method leads to a little more fat gained. Lean bulking is the next option (200-250 calories surplus), which has less fat gain, but progression and muscle gain is slower.

3)Extra calories convince your body to store all the extra energy somewhere: If your body is straining on extra physical activity, it'll use energy to repair these areas.

>>39752659
Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard is the recommended brand, most flavors taste great and mixes great. Not too pricey for big tubs.

If you're poor check out MyProtein but be warned, most of the flavors are terrible and mixability varies. Say the fuck away from Cookies'n'Cream and the strawberry cream flavors.
>>
>>39752712
Gold Standard is among the most trusted whey in the bodybuilding community.
>>
>>39752719
>You technically don't need to eat at a surplus to gain muscle, but the growth is extremely slow in-comparison.
No surplus means no growth, so technically, you do need to eat at a surplus.
>>
>>39752719
THANKS I APPRECIATE IT.
>>
>>39752615
1) It's more like 1.45g/kg of lean mass. And that's the absolute upper limit where guys were consistently observed to have long lasting benefits from increased protein intake, anything past that is a waste unless you're on roids. Will you gain muscle? Yes, but slower than if you ate at a surplus.

2) Depends, mostly you just see what works for you - or reference people who are similar in training, level and size to you.

3) If you were to eat at maintenance and gain muscle, that means that for every gram of muscle you lose - you burn a gram of fat. So you are actually below maintenance from a metabolic standpoint since the calories from the protein are bound up in the new muscle mass. Work capacity and ability to recover from fatigue decrease in this case. The ideal is to eat at the exact same surplus that gets bound up in muscle plus the energy used for muscle protein synthesis and other house-holding stuff like increased turnover in cartilage etc. - so if a noob gains 10kg of muscle in his first year and that the energy expended for synthesis is about equal to the energy contained in the aminos themselves + some for other extra needs: it comes out to a surplus of about 300kcal.

That's the theory, in practice it's a lot, lot more complicated than that.
>>
>>39752743
No surplus means no growth, not no progress. Recomposition isn't a meme, it's just super slow.

If you ate at a high-protein maintenance diet for the rest of your life and lifted you'd gain muscle, but probably at only 1/5 of the speed you'd do so bulking.
>>
>>39752659
>>39752684
>>39752712
>>39752719
I just tasted "delicious" strawberry of Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard. It tastes like shit. Good thing I bought just one serving.

Any flavor recommendations?
>>
>>39752764
>muscle you lose - you burn a gram of fat
*muscle you gain
>>
File: FredNewman.jpg (11KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
FredNewman.jpg
11KB, 250x191px
>>39752659 I've tried more than a hundred brands, 80% suck.

Fresh raw(unpasturized)whey, is tops. Local dairy is only likely source, call and make a deal.

Whey protein isolate, cold filtered, refrigerated at all times, is plan B.

Avoid lots of additives, lecithin is OK. I prefer sunflower lecithin to soy lecithin.

Purebulk.com has an acceptable product, a little better than NOW or Gillian ?'s.
>>
>>39752805
Strawberry in-general is a flavor you should avoid in whey. No one gets it right.

Honestly I can't think of any flavors besides strawberry I wouldn't recommend. Extreme Milk Chocolate tastes great, as does Cookies and Cream, Rocky Road, regular Chocolate, and the Cake Batter.
>>
>>39752764
>3)
that makes sense, thanks
>>
>>39752772
You're not making sense. If progress isn't growth, what else would it be?

If I ate a high-protein maintenance diet for the rest of my life, then assuming I hit exactly on the mark every day, I'd gain no muscle, because there would be no energy to gain muscle from.
>>
>>39752824
> Extreme Milk Chocolate
>Cookies and Cream

Thanks, I'll try these.
And the fuckin cleric was trying to sell big-ass box of this.

Any tips on preparation?Do you use no-fat milk to mix whey into?
>>
File: IMG_2002.jpg (570KB, 1512x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2002.jpg
570KB, 1512x1944px
Has anyone tried mk 677 for height gains im 18 5'10 but want to get to 6, is there any legit brands, i've seen some on ebay but not sure if they are legit, if so how many inches did you grew?
>>
>>39752899
use whatever you want. Water, whole milk, skim, almond milk, soy, it doesn't really matter. As long as it fits your macros.
>>
>>39752866
If you're lifting heavy, your muscle fibers are being torn apart. It has to be replaced somehow, you don't just put in the exact same amount torn up, otherwise bulking wouldn't work either.

Again, there's a limit to this and it's incredibly slow. But recomposition works.
>>
>>39752900
There is no way to increase your height anon. In the end 5'10 is nothing to be ashamed of.
>>
Could you get away with just doing squats and deadlifts for legs until you get to the "advanced" stage?
>>
>>39752823
$12 per pound for protein? Might as well go with ON.
>>
>>39752936
No. Compounds are good for starters but you need to increase your isolations during the intermediate stage.
>>
>>39752900
Fuck man, you need a break from 4chan, the only people who really care about height is 4chan. Don't worry about it aha.
>>
>>39752954
People don't even care about it here, it's a total meme.
>>
>>39752952
Not really: You need to increase volume.

Sure, isolation work makes it a bit easier to avoid systemic fatigue and still get enough volume in - but you can also do it with more compound volume and a bit of careful fatigue management.
>>
>>39742631
Obv. When you get back to DL start LOW, and work till form is flawless
>>
Anyone using Caseine here?
I remember seeing a research regarding its positive effects.
>>
>>39753001
It's absorbed a bit more slowly and steadily. So it's ideal if you're doing intermittent fasting or in general before bed. But it's not that big of a difference.
>>
>>39753072
Yes, I have read about its properties. Have you used it?
>>
>>39753080
Yes, but anyone who tells you they feel the difference is a liar. Except maybe if they have specific allergies or there is a difference across brands. We're talking grams on the kilo in terms of MPS benefits.
>>
>>39753097
I see, thanks for clarification.
Just out of curiosity, what is your supplement list and daily doses? Can you share please?
>>
>>39752743
>>39752866
A caloric surplus is not necessary to gain lean mass. You can eat at a deficit, lose weight, and increase lean body mass and strength all at once. This is easy for beginners to do, not so much advanced lifters.
>>
Trying to diagnosis a problem I have while squatting. Right when I begin to push up after going down, my upper body seems to wiggle/shift a few times before the weight moves. I've reduced weight and it still happens. I figure its a core problem/not bracing well, but I figured that would get better with reducing the weight.
>>
>>39753213
have you tried replicating this with just the bar? It could be shitty form.
>>
>>39753149
>30g of whey with milk before bed.
Or you could just have a tuna salad or a bowl of cottage cheese or a a bit of chicken breast, doesn't matter. I drink the whey because it tastes good and is easy to make. It's purely a practical thing, not a necessity.
>1 multivitamin/mineral in the morning and one in the evening.
Probably don't need it, but what the heck.
>5ml of fish-oil.
And only if I haven't eaten fish or legumes that day, again not really essential.

You can't out-supplement a bad diet and if your diet if good then supplements are mostly a convenience thing or "just to make sure."

BCAAs are useless.
Glutamine is useless.
Creatine helps, but it makes me look bloated - otherwise it's cheap and effective. But not some kind of wonder-supplement: 5% extra gains, maximum.
Shit like chromium and test-boosters are bullcrap.
Preworkouts are no better than caffeine pills and not good for your heart - you should only need them if you work out late in the day. Otherwise fix low energy levels with proper diet or by seeing a doctor.
Zinc and magnesium are essential, but you should get them from your diet - if you aren't for some reason - then they are a priority. Vitamin D helps. I get all three from one pill, absorption ratios are a bit worse but people who say multivitamins are useless are exaggerating. They won't fix a bad diet (notice a pattern?) but they can plug any minor holes.
>>
What can I do for an aesthetic routine after I'm done with starting strength? Also, when should I stop starting strength? I've been doing it for about three months and I'm still reaching stalls occasionally lifting baby weight. My only lift above one pl8 is deadlift, and my others are mostly close to that
>>
>>39753334
>My only lift above one pl8 is deadlift, and my others are mostly close to that
anon, what have you been doing? What are your stats?
>>
>>39753334
>What can I do for an aesthetic routine after I'm done with starting strength?
A PHUL variant would be the next logical step.

>when should I stop starting strength?
When you can't progress reasonably without periodization anymore.

>My only lift above one pl8 is deadlift.
? Stats, nao. Have you eaten anything in those three months?
>>
>>39753282
Wow, great info, thank you very much.
>>
For every pound of fat you lose, how much muscle do you lose?

I'm curious since 1.8 pounds of fat for me is a percentage of BF, but it seems really strange that I'll be 10% by hitting only 160 at 5'11"
>>
>>39753578
>For every pound of fat you lose, how much muscle do you lose?
Varies highly according to FFMI, genetics, BF%, nutrition, exercise, stress levels and a ton of other shit.

If you do it right and aren't very close to your genetic limit, you can recomp - meaning positive muscle gain while losing fat.
>>
>>39753652
I guess it doesn't really matter as long as I'm losing fat what weight I get down to 10% as.
>>
I have a 35 lb bag out in the shed
I watched a bunch of sjw videos on /pol/ that pissed me off so I went out there and put two pairs of socks on my hands and hit it for about 15 minutes
I've haven't hit it in years and I have no idea what good punching technique is or what to practice but I figured that would come with time
It's about 30 hours later and my right shoulder hurts a little /feels a little dead, and my wrists feel almost limp and like they need to crack
So my question is is this just normal DOMS or did I do actual damage?
And how do I get better at punching?
>>
>>39753664
DOMS are soreness, not limp or painful. Sounds like you fucked up.
>>
>>39752684
How does Vanilla taste?
>>
>>39753738
inoffensive. Chocolate is much better.
>>
Bump limit.
New thread.
>>39753766
>>39753766
>>
>>39753664
Are you literally retarded?
>>
I can only gym 3×/WEEK.
What the best routine if my goal is purely looks?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.