[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

counting reps is a meme. prove me 5x5 > 5xfailure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: brogress.jpg (27KB, 395x257px) Image search: [Google]
brogress.jpg
27KB, 395x257px
counting reps is a meme. prove me 5x5 > 5xfailure
>>
>>39741188
ur mum is a meme
the more you lift the more you gain, retard
>>
File: nice one tard.jpg (19KB, 371x303px) Image search: [Google]
nice one tard.jpg
19KB, 371x303px
>>39741235

nice reading comprehension nigger

that's my point but all your retards insist of 5x5 bullshit
>>
>>39741188
2x5 warm-up, 2x5 worksets, then 2xF is the Greyskull way. Easier to make progress IMO. Sometimes you just feel able to knock out a few more reps, so why save anything in the tank?
>>
>>39741267

that's how i feel, used to try and follow suggested routines but it's a shitty feeling when you feel like you could have done a couple more reps or 1-2 less at a bit more weight still keeping form
>>
you should have just posted this in the stupid questions thread since you obviously just want someone to explain to you why you don't go to failure on every set. the main answer is that going to failure on the main compounds has a much greater risk of injury, plus it's very taxing for the body. there are more reasons, but those are the main ones. you can go to failure on isolation exercises, but those are typically not done for 5x5 anyway
>>
>>39741293
failure is when you can't maintain form, not when you're completely gassed and unable to move,

therefore injury is unlikely as long as you're welling to accept your form isn't proper once you hit rep 7-8.

you've been doing failure wrong
>>
>>39741267
this is very short-sighted. you're looking at individual workouts instead of as the long term process. having something left in the tank is what you want, because it means you can recover quickly and can go back and set a new PR. you say it's "easier to make progress" but that's just bullshit. on SS you make progress from workout to workout provided you recover in time, and expect in the beginning there's never a point where you have a lot of reps left in the tank anyway. most of SS is a grind where you're happy to complete your 3x5, and then you try your best to recover before your next workout. what good would last set AMRAP be in this situation? it would just grind you down and make you stall earlier.
>>
>>39741188
you will progress more slowly
>>
>>39741305
failure means your rep fails. don't try to redefine terms. greyskull isn't to failure, it's AMRAP.
>>
>>39741337

nice 1337, but the ideology is work like a slave, eat like a king and you'll recover, also sleep alot
>>
>>39741353
eating and sleeping is a given. you will get recovery problems on these linear progression novice routines no matter what. the idea that doing more reps would somehow alleviate that is retarded. what you end up doing to make further progress is introduce a light day (or just switch to an intermediate routine) so you get more time to recover.
>>
>>39741365
but i wasn't doing novice programs, i've been lifting for quite a while and while the visual gains may be less it doesn't matter because my strength has gone up considerably since i've done things until failure.

if i can't steal someone's girl via aesthetics, i can at least steal her literally
>>
Building muscle is all about progressive overload… you can build muscle train g singles. pleb.
>>
>>39741188
Me on the left right now lads

>what do I do
>>
>>39741435

doing a lot more reps = bulking & cutting at the same time
>>
File: bigbutfag.jpg (43KB, 736x870px) Image search: [Google]
bigbutfag.jpg
43KB, 736x870px
>>39741452

you'd rather look like goku
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.