[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New fit fag here. What are sets and reps. I just joined a gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161219_194532.jpg (1023KB, 1888x1889px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161219_194532.jpg
1023KB, 1888x1889px
New fit fag here.
What are sets and reps.
I just joined a gym today. Im aprox 20kg over weight with shitty posture. What should i focus on doing?
>>
>>39738585
Reps are individual lifts. Sets are groups of lifts before a break.

For instance. In 1x1 Sticky Reads. You would Read the sticky once but in say 3x5 Sticky Reads. You would read the sticky five times. Take break. Read it again five times and repeat for a third set.
>>
Dont know man
they should maybe add an HUGE STICKY WITH A FUCKING DINOSAUR RUNNING AROUND to this subboard so new people donĀ“nt make the same threads 20 times a day
>>
>>39738585
Depends, is your goal more strength driven or aesthetics? I got two routines for you that work on both, just each one focusing more on either one of these
>>
>>39738585
read the sticky 1xf

tl;dr do ss+gomad
>>
>>39738585
Focus on any machine they have in there. Make sure you have proper form, have just enough weight on to control the motion comfortably, and increase in 2.5lb increments per set.

If you're unsure if you're using a machine correctly, ask someone in the gym, or look it up on youtube.

And since you're overweight, I recommend bookending your workout with a 5-10 minute treadmill jog on either side.

and cut down on the sugar in your diet. Remove soda entirely.

Hope you're ready to work hard and make it brah

This is a good beginners guide, but once you've built some basic strength, drop the 3x10 and go for 5x5 and really push yourself:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/best-beginner-weight-training-guide-with-easy-to-follow-workout.html
>>
>>39738610
Sorry faggot. I did read majority of the sticky. I'd just like some clarity.

Im pretty strong already, upper body strength. Problem is i carry too much waist fat. Have a high bread diet. And dont excercise. My main focus ia to cut for a month or two, then get swol to bash wrong doers.
>>
>>39738643
READ THE FUCKING STICKY
E
A
D

T
H
E

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>39738642
Oh and I should add that SS is good once you're comfortable leaving machines. If you cant comfortably lift the bar, I definitely wouldn't do SS until you can.
>>
>>39738643
oh

if you're gonna cut just do keto dude and fuck off until youre ready to lift
>>
>>39738642
Cheers.
>>
>>39738678
I'll lift
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.