[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Routine Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: routine.jpg (87KB, 762x378px) Image search: [Google]
routine.jpg
87KB, 762x378px
My routine (pic related) has been working really well for me, that is up until now. I no longer have the same energy throughout the workout, as I expected would happen with so many compound lifts.

My question is, what's the best way to split this so that I have energy to put all my effort into each lift? I've been working out 4-5 days a week for 6 months now, and alternate A and B.
>>
>retarded routine isn't working

really makes u think
>>
>>39730060
Hey, as a total beginner I got great gains, enjoyed my time and didn't get injured, retarded routine or not, it worked. I knew that it would be too much volume once I got in the higher weights, so I am trying to split this with the obvious goal of lowering daily volume.
>>
playin hockey on weekends so my routine is more athleticism focused rn:

A:
barbell Clean and press 5x3
Snatch grip high pulls 6x2
Hanging leg raises

B:
Deadlift 7-12x3-6 @70%
run stairs for 10-15 mins

C:
Plyo pushups 6x4
Dumbbell clean and press 5x5
Farmers walks 3xfailure
>>
>>39730049
move all pulling into A
move all pushing into B

your routine is retarded, bless the heavens it worked so far.
>>
>>39730049

if that is the first routine you have ever done in a gym, it's not bad at all. It lets you work your whole body and gets you used to lifting heavy with lots of compunds.

But chances are that you are starting to lift "heavy" (as far as your max lifts go) enough tax your body to the point that you need to lower either the volume or (in your case) the frequency.

Doing fullbody more than 3 times a week is crazy man, you can't just recover when you start to put weight on the bar. IMO you should now follow a proper routine that works on making you strong. You will be doing less exercises, but if you keep going heavier and heavier (getting stronger) you will build the same muscle as doing 20 sets of lighter weight. My reccomendation would be:

1) Wanna lift 3 days/week fullbody? Do SS, greyskull, jason's blaha 5x5, stronglifts 5x5 or any other of the style. If you like lots of volume i reccomend you for building muscle blaha's 5x5;
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/jason-blaha-ice-cream-fitness-5x5-novice-workout
If you are more interested in less volume and more strenght gains: Greyskull or SS. You have to eat and sleep to do good in these ones.

2) Wanna lift 4 days/week? Get an Upper/lower/Upper/lower routine. Can't really think of any good one for novice lifters (yes you still are one). But take a look at Jonnie Canditoe's linear program :
http://www.canditotraininghq.com/free-programs/
You will progress WAY slower than in any of the 1) programs, but if you want a 4 day split with a bit more of volume there it is.

3) Wanna lift 5 days/week? Get a Push/pull/legs/x/Upperbody/Lowerbody split. Don't know any that would apply good for a novice, just focus on doing lots of compounds and progressing (adding weight) AT LEAST every week.
>>
A:
Bench 5x5
Squat 5x5
2-3 OHP Assistance/Variation 3x5
2-3 DL Assistance/Variation 3x5
Grip Training
Hypertrophy Agonist-Antagonist Training.
Cardio.

B:
3x5 OHP
3x5 DL
2-3 Bench Assistance/Variation 3x5
2-3 Squat Assistance/Variation 3x5
Core Training
Hypertrophy Agonist-Antagonist Training.
Cardio.

4-6 days a week.(ABABxx/ABxABxx/ABABABx)

>inb4 deadlifting more than once a week, enjoys your no gains. SS is t-the only wa-way.
>>
File: image.png (994KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
994KB, 1536x2048px
>>39730049

After much experimentation, I have come up with the following routine which has provided good strength gains over the last year for me.

As noted, this routine is meant for people with little time for serious training, sleep, or diet control. In other words, this is a routine most people could consistently do without much interruption to their lives.

The routine prioritizes pull up strength because most people are terribly weak at vertical pulling.

It doesn't look like much, but even at 2.5 lbs a workout, a person would go from 80 lbs of pulling strength to 160/180/200 lbs in 4/5/6 months.

Pressing frequency is lower than starting strength (2 vs 3 times a week). This is generally because I like to overhead press on the weekend after a full night of rest.

Even with this low frequency, your presses will gain 10 lbs a month. That equates to 120 lbs in a year. A 165 overhead press (bar plus 120 lbs) is solid. A 165 bench isn't that great, but it is still better than push-up strength for most people (which is about 70% of bodyweight).

Deadlifts generally begin at 65 lbs (bar plus 10 lb bumpers). Squats can start with the bar. You will be squaring and deadlifting at least body weight, if not the 200's, by year end.

Keep in mind that these are minimum gains using 2.5 lb increases. In all likelihood, you will be able to jump 5 lbs for a few weeks or months on most exercises.

Programs like Starting Strength and Stronglifts are great, but they tend to require an athletic mindset and great attention must be paid to recovery. Rippetoe is very clear on this fact and wouldn't dispute it.

Hopefully, this program helps one of you get strong. Trust me, doing pull-ups and pressing 100s of pounds overhead does wonders for your self esteem.

Finally, I still recommend reading Starting Strength for the form of the lifts and overall lifting philosophy.

"A weak man is not as happy as that same man would be if he were strong."

-Starting Strength
>>
Can someone post a good female
routine diet/workout for my friend?
>>
File: 1441555225027.png (117KB, 1573x476px) Image search: [Google]
1441555225027.png
117KB, 1573x476px
>>39732969
>>
>>39733032
thank you
>>
AxBxCxx
A; Bench Press, Squats, T Bar Rows, Dips
B; Pull Ups/Chin Ups, Skullcrushers, Calf Raises, Deadlifts
C; OHP, Front Squats, DB Raises, Ham Curls

Thoughtses?
>>
>>39733886
should be fine
why not skullcrushers after bench, and move rows to dl day?

turns it into a push/pull/full
>>
File: prog.png (3KB, 184x216px) Image search: [Google]
prog.png
3KB, 184x216px
quick check please
>>
Can someone recommend any good PPLxULx routines? I'm not sure I can manage PPLPPLx as a natty.
>>
>>39734586
Fine, but do lower rep squats

>Monday and Friday
Sets of 3 in handstand push-up and pull-up until 10 sets then increase rom and weight

Wednesday
Just deadlifts
>>
>>39734708
Here is what I do:
PUSH
>bench 3x5+1
>incline dumbbell press 3x12
>dips 3x10
>skull crushers
PULL
>dead lift 3x5+
>pull ups 3xfailure
>t bar row 3x8
>hammer curls 3x10
LEGS
>squats 3x5+
>leg press 3x15
>calf press 2x25
>leg curls 3x10
UPPER
>narrow grip bench 3x10
>shrugs 3x8
>preacher curl 3x10
>Arnold press 3x12
LOWER
>front squats 3x10
>lunges 3x10
>flutter kicks 3x25
>leg extensions 3x12
>>
>>39735104
Is this balanced well for shoulder work?
>>
A:
3x5 Squats
3x5 OHP/bench press
3xF Chin-ups

B:
1x5 Deadlifts/3x3 power cleans
3x5 bench press/OHP
3xF Chin-ups

C:
3x5 Squats
3x5 OHP/bench press
3xF Chin-ups

This has been my routine for the past few months and I kind of feel like my lower body is developing faster than my upper body, do I reduce the amount of lower body work I do or should I increase the amount of upper body work I do?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.