[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question for biology students or anyone in that field, About

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: upsidedown.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
upsidedown.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Question for biology students or anyone in that field,

About the the portal vein in people.

When you shove a suppository up your ass I know it melts and then the substance in it travels through the portal vein to the liver which is then distributed throughout the body, right?

But wouldn't the substance also directly travel to the small intestine?

If so how much of the substance would enter your small intestine?
>>
>>39727370
I'm a phd in biochemical aviation systems security and my advice would be not to put shit in your ass.
>>
>>39727370
MD specialized in glutology and pinky toes.

Don't shove shit up your ass, there are better options for gains.
>>
>>39727393
>gains.
It's not for gains, it's for SIBO.
>>
bump pls halp
>>
>tfw no /health/ board
>>
>>39727370
Well I would think you would:

Check % of blood volume passing through
Check what the size of the molecule is passing out of the vein into the intestines/walls
Compare size of molecule post suppository breakdown to see if it would even be able to leave the bloodstream under those conditions

I'm just a third year human bio major idk shit
>>
>>39727893
>I'm just a third year human bio major idk shit
Okay but wouldn't it be common knowledge?

Is the portal vein attached to the small intestine and do chemicals pass through to the small intestine?
>>
>>39727910
>Is the portal vein attached to the small intestine and do chemicals pass through to the small intestine?

You have to think of everything as molecules
Certain sized molecules are able to exit the bloodstream under normal body conditions
Some aren't due to size/pressure gradient

You find out how large the molecule is VS. How large a molecule can be before it can't pass the pressure gradient

That information will put you in a good spot to understand how much filtrate will pass into your small intestine
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.