[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/happy/ mental health thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 19

File: 1438925361063.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1438925361063.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Weekly thread bros. What happen to you guys this week to cheer ya up?

>Diddy 500 lbs. I'm 180 lbs. Year goal!
>OHP 170 lbs. 10 lbs off year goal.
>Complimented on my routine
>>
>>39720721
Weighed myself the other day and came in at 215lbs with clothes on in the morning so I'm counting it as 210. Come quite a way from when I dropped to 180 after my last break up.
>>
My gym finally got some new barbells. Previously all the barbells were squat bars, which are like 1/4" thicker than normal oly bars.

Had my first deadlift session with the thinner bars and felt so much stronger because it wasn't shafting my grip.

Pulled 3x1 240kg with no straps no belt.
>>
40 days without smoking marijuana. I had been hooked for 9 years.
>>
I'm 24 years old, I just moved back in with my parents in my hometown where I no longer have any friends because I couldn't handle the college I was at. I have at least three semesters left at the rinky-dink, only-technically-not-a-community-college school here. Help me before I kill myself.
>>
>>39723093
Join a judo, jujitsu, tai-kwon-do, boxing or mma gym. Take it slow. Eat lots of food. Sleep well.

pupper
>>
>>39723171
this is extremely small town oklahoma, we don't have any of those.
>>
>>39723093

Just join the military, why not.
>>
The more I become chad like the more insecure my long time friends become. I was always the fat kid and really tight with my boys and now these guys keep having get togethers and shit without me. Literally havnt changed a thing but get swole and lose weight. I see their faces turn sour as fuck when one of their girlfriends complement me and shit like that.

Sure I can fuck random tinder sluts with ease now but I've never been so lonely.

It's my best friend of 10 years who I live with who's the worst. He's a little guy and is clearly insecure about it but it's never been an issue, but lately the guy jumps at any chance to share a bad story about me and exaggerates the fuck out of all the bad parts.

Tempted to just cut everybody off and try to restart but at 25 I know it's all downhill from here.
>>
>>39723297
You can't drive 20 minutes to the nearest gracie?
>>
>>39723310
You were the fat friend that made them look good. Steal one of their gf's and bail.
>>
>>39723319
I mean the only towns with those are like an hour or more away, fuck I already have to drive an hour and half twice a week just to see a real therapist and psychiatrist.
>>
>>39723310
I kinda know that feel. When I started lifting I was making my initial noob gains, but my friends started calling me a meat head. I was still DYEL as fuck, but they still mocked me for wanting to improve myself. They were all stoner faggots anyway so I dropped them for good. I see one of them walking around because he doesn't have a license and he looks like a homeless goat. I'm 28 and the best thing you can do is just meet people in places that you frequent. That's where your friends will stay, and it's easy to keep them separated from the rest of your life.
>>
>>39723345
Got any stable income?
>>
>>39723360
eh, 7.50/hr usually about 20 hours a week
>>
>>39723352

These guys were always active and hit the gym hard. I was the lazy degenerate . I did however take it a bit more serious and passed their gainz within a year. The "best" friend especially has been hitting the gym for like 5 years and still looks dyel.

But fuck like an example is I'm away for my bday this Tuesday, leaving town today, so on Sat during the day when we're all chilling in the lounge I ask what he's upto today, try get some little get together going, he acts evasive for a few minutes then heads out. Like an hour later I get snapchats of them all at the beach together. How do you not get cut up over this sort of shit.
>>
Started working out again. Already feeling better, although it's probably only the mental high. Resumed my old PPL Split, although of course with lower weights.
It just felt so good to be pumping iron again.
>>
>>39723310
Ignore it. Find new friends.
>The more I become chad like
Lifting doesn't make you better than them or others. Seems you're the one that's insecure.
>>
File: 1480195093298.jpg (561KB, 1783x2658px) Image search: [Google]
1480195093298.jpg
561KB, 1783x2658px
How do I become more assertive and in control of myself?
>>
/fit/...does anyone else feel like they're still just a little boy pretending to be a grown man?

I don't feel like a man. I don't feel like an adult. I'm doing great in school, at work, I'm overall successful, but I feel like this mental block is holding me back from being truly happy and self-confident. It also keeps me from really feeling comfortable being sensual around women. I've received clear signals from girls, but there's always this voice in the back of my head telling me that she's not interested, I'm just a little boy and women aren't attracted to boys. How the fuck do I overcome this?

For reference, I am the youngest of five siblings, and the second youngest in my extended family of like 40 cousins. Also one of the youngest in my school grade and have a baby face that a beard isn't helping much with.
>>
>>39724976
Join the military and start afresh. Force yourself to depend only on yourself for survival and no family or friends. You can act like a boy if you know in your heart you're a man who can take care of himself and knows what he wants to keep himself happy.
>>
File: IMG_5697.jpg (24KB, 206x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5697.jpg
24KB, 206x206px
>home for break
>bored to death
>tinder not fruitful
>no one has weed
>no gym access

just fucking kill me
>>
>>39721342
>Hooked on marijuana

What a fucking pussy
>>
>>39721342
>Tell myself I'll quit caffeine.
Last less than 12 hours. xdddddd

Keep it up lad.
>>
>>39723435
id call them out on their bullshit, dont make a big fuss and all, but just let em know that theyre acting like a bunch of females
>>
My brother talked me into getting into mountain biking, last night I watched a couple videos that made me really want to try it. I rode around this morning and found a trail pretty close to my house, at first I was super nervous an scared to go fast downhill but after a few trys where I kept breaking less I got a bit better. Im reading a book that's pretty good. I think I need to stop fapping, does anyone have tips on how to do it? Dealing within urges and shit I mean. I'm a high school senior and I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my life, and the girl I love lives 5 hours away (we are a couple) And it's hard being in a long distance thing. Well anyways I got cheered up this week by reading and sleeping. I need to fix my radio.
>>
>>39720721
I managed to do some indoor bouldering routes that I couldn't do last week

Have kept up training almost every other day for a couple months now

Chatted to a couple qt's in the climbing place, kept it friendly, just good to mingle
>>
>>39723310
I just got all my friends to lift with me, now we're all swole.
>>
>>39720721
Missed my year goal of 200kg diddly @ 73kg bw. Maybe next year.
>going to Norway to bang 10/10 for the rest of the year
>>
This year has been the year of change for me.
>december 2015 find /fit/
>learn about calories in calories out
>quit drinking soda
>drop 10kg in 3 months just from quitting soda
>96kg 196cm tall
>start lifting 2 months later
>5 days a week
>follow a shitty brosplit
>get decent gainz
>realise i want strenght
>do ICF instead
>been lifting 7 months today
>tfw lift more than my big brother now
>finally dont feel like a loser
Before all this i was a complete loser borderline NEET.
I wanted to go to uni so i had to make a change.
>still no friends though
When im done cutting in the summer i will be happy i think..
>>
>>39723352
He probably walks because he's not lazy, I don't drive because I live in the city and can walk everywhere, why would I pay for a car and all the shit that goes with it when I can just walk everywhere in under 15 mins?
>>
>>39725213
Teenager detected

Get drunk as fuck like an adult
>>
>>39726025
This

>mfw my friends who drive are fat cause they won't walk anywhere

I walk 3 hours a day which is probably why I'm not a fatass like them
>>
>>39725189
>>39723308
Stop telling people to join the military. It's not going to fix their problems, and honestly the most miserable people in my unit were those that only did it as a "last resort" sort of job.

Only join if you're interested in the job and lifestyle.
>>
>>39725985
Friends are more important than gains, desu senpai. Although I think you'll do fine.
>>
>>39726358
I need gains in order for people to respect me.
i had friends before i became fat..
all abandoned me.
once i make it they will come crawling back.. youll see
>>
Reconnected with an old friend recently. One of the few people I grew up with who isn't all fucked up now. Didn't realize how much I missed him and his gf. Immediately getting along like we're in highschool again.

Got the dirt on some of the old faces from the two of them. Ex gf apparently still into me. My ex best friend who stabbed me in the back over a chick is a heroin addict and a recluse now, last time they saw him he apparently looked like shit. Unkempt, dirty, and high as fuck. I'm glad. I hope he dies.

Thinking about going over to their place to watch football tomorrow.

Also bought my mother an iPhone 7 for Christmas today. Eight hundred fucking dollars for some dumbass phone, but she wants it and deserves it.

Also I lifted weights today.
>>
>>39725213
Go find women in the town?
>>
Moshed front and center at a 36 crazy fists concert.

Slept next to senpai 2 times this week.

Currently I wish he were next to me cause his sleep sounds send me right to sleep. And I've tried asmr stuff but it just isn't the same and it doesn't work.
>>
>>39720721
ordered a squat rack for my homegym, arrived this friday
now the gainstrain has finally no breaks
>>
Lifts have been stagnant for a few weeks because of 7 day work weeks in a physically demanding job, and a mild illness running under the surface the whole time.

I'm thinking about radically redirecting my life, towards academic pursuits that I'd written off long ago.

I am a little lost, and I don't know if I want to be with my long term girlfriend any more. I don't want to break her heart, but I have been so disinterested lately... I kind of just want to enter monk mode for a while and focus entirely on my self. I don't have the energy or desire to argue any more, but separating our lives would be difficult because of how entwined we are.

I've been stuck in that mindset for a year at least, getting drunk and thinking repeatedly "it's over, I've got to end this", then waking up sober the next day next to her warm body and taking it all back. I have gone back and forth dozens of times, and I fear I lack the conviction to make a firm choice and stick with it, ignoring all the second guessing that follows.

I'll take any advice anyone has because I am tired of this weighing heavily on my mind.
>>
File: 1481112697399.jpg (116KB, 551x645px) Image search: [Google]
1481112697399.jpg
116KB, 551x645px
>>39729310
cute story anon
>>
I'd honestly try and bring her along for the self improvement journey that it sounds like you want to go on. Down the road you might miss having someone there with ya.
Overtime it can get bland and that is understandable. But that's when you work hard to grow and explore the world together.
Also sorry about the stagnant lifting. You got it bro.
>>
>>39729312
Gain train!! Choo choo!
>>
>>39729916
That's something I hadn't considered. My only fear is that it would make the process a lot slower, because if I were to be alone I'd have ~15 more hours a week to myself for productive purposes.

On the other hand, I may come to this new point in my life where my internal struggles are quelled, and I realize I mad a mistake and it was me the whole time.

Thanks for another perspective, I've kept this in my head for a long time, telling no one- a dangerous place to make decisions from.
>>
File: IMG_3118.jpg (65KB, 750x622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3118.jpg
65KB, 750x622px
>>39720721
>aced all my finals
>got a 4.0 this semester even though I was scared in the beginning because I thought I took too many classes but I proved myself wrong and I'm actually proud of myself. I am my toughest critic so this is a big achievement to me
>Started dating A at 3.14 with a beautiful ass and nice tits. After I finished my final I went and fucked her brains out all night.
>also her birth control finally kicked in so no more condoms

Feels pretty good man.
>>
>>39730172
>birth control kicked in
Please don't do this anon. You're not going to listen to a total stranger on the internet, but don't have this mindset feeling assured that she won't get pregnant.

Don't ruin both of your lives: If you have the control, feel free to do the majority of fucking without a condom. When it's nutting mode, slip that motherfucker on and get at it. Always have a single dosage of the morning after pill in case of emergency.

And because this is /fit/, don't believe in Kegals. They're not going to do anything for anyone.
>>
>>39724976
>voice in the back of my head
>mental block

Sounds like you are living in your head/thoughts. Sounds like you need to start living in the moment and start meditating. If you're in there too much the thoughts usually end up being negative and non-productive. If you want to do something but your mind keeps telling you not to or you can't, them you are a prisoner to your mind. Imagine how freeing it would be to live in the moment and not have yourself in the back of your head holding you back from living your life the way you really want? Negative thoughts are almost always irrational. They you not to talk to girls, why? Because she'll reject you and you imagine some scenario of you being extremely hurt and embarrassed. Reality is she might, but so fucking what. Life will go on and you didn't lose anything. In fact you gained something. Experience. So why let your thoughts hold you back? She could have been attracted to you but you'll never know. This could apply to any situation, not just girls. It could be how you perform in work or school if you're not working hard enough. That's what meditating is all about. It's about getting out of your head and living in the moment. It's not about silencing your thoughts. It's about focusing on the present moment and not judging your thoughts or emotions as good or bad. Eventually you will stop giving weight to the negative emotions. It's a journey but it changed my fucking life.
>>
>>39720721
looking forward to the new year lads
>>
>>39730229
So you're saying I should wear a condom anyway or just pull out? Because I actually thought I should pull out too. I nutted in her twice last time and was pretty scared desu.
>>
>>39730275
because people like you don't think is why they feel the need to marry and raise a kid in horrible situations
>>
>>39726355
Dubs of truth. The military is only worth it if you believe that it is the morally right thing to do. That you should serve your country. Otherwise be prepared to deal with tedious amounts of bullshit regardless of the job and a clusterfuck of a system that will make you wonder how we haven't accidentally nuked somebody yet
>>
>>39720721
Almost bw OHP, nice!

The only things I'm happy about are
>Could do 0 chinups 1 yr ago, now I can hit 8/8/6/5/4
>Shoulder injury is fully healed
>>
>>39730288
No, I was asking if pulling out without a condom is effective if she's on birth control. I'm not trying to get anyone preggers right now.
>>
>>39730374
>birth control
>pull out
nigga you have no clue what birth control means do you
>>
>tfw you go to the gym and people stare at you now
>tfw girls stare at you now
>tfw a year a go no one mentioned anything positive about you at all
>all you get is compliments
>still feel like I haven't made it yet when I look in mirror

I feel like everyone else is just some skinnyfat dude. When I go to the gym I see people bigger than me and I'm like "I gotta be like that some day or this is a waste." I am right to not be satisfied, yes??
>>
>>39720721
Starting on 5-HTP after newyears, what can I expect?
>>
>>39730382
I don't think you get what I'm saying. Yes, I understand pulling out is a form of birth control. I'm asking if there is still a risk of pregnancy if I use the pull out method while she's on the pill. You seem to be an authority on this particular subject since you're attempting to give me advice, that's why I'm asking you questions.
>>
>>39730414
Nothing life-changing
>>
just got my grades for my finals

not great to be honest but i passed so there's that

hoped they'd be better but eh
>>
>>39730294
Let me tell ya. I hate OHP with a passion. So hard to get gains
>>
>rules say n mental health threads/generals
>yet this thread still exists

are mods not doing their work or what
>>
File: 1480374949585.jpg (214KB, 680x526px) Image search: [Google]
1480374949585.jpg
214KB, 680x526px
>get called pretty boy in my work place
>guys who have a frat boy chad-like personality like to give me a lot of shit for the smallest things
>older brother doesn't like his gf hanging around me when I see him during leave, acts passive aggressive
>friend's wife started coming on to me recently, acts flirty and shit with me, telling me I'm an "attractive dude"
>slept with a 30 year old woman (I'm 20) that my married grill friend hooked me up with
>fucked said married grill and told me she doesn't want to be married anymore, wants to find "someone like me"
>hated myself ever since pulling a Jodie

>feel like an ugly skinny fat fucking fag good for noting piece of shit
>gonna get deadlift pr of 385lbs x 5 today after a night with drinking and getting 5 hours of sleep.

I just don't like myself
>>
>>39723435
You should get new friends. It'll be easier than you think now that you're hot. I'm not a guy but I used to be fat and ugly. Had a ton of people whom I thought were friends. When I got hot, same exclusion shit. You can't talk betas out of being beta, especially if they're in a group.

If they only liked you when you made them look good, they weren't really your friends at all. Upside is that being hot keeps everyone else interested in me, even though my personally is boring.

Being around alphas will bring you to a whole new game. Plus genuinely confident people won't feel intimidated by you no matter how much better you look.
>>
>>39730488
Feeling 10% more alright would be life changing at this point
>>
>>39730497
Don't let that get you down. I didn't start to do well in college until my motivations changed. I dropped out and went to work with the same work ethic I had in college and failed miserably. Found a job that payed really well and realized I needed to get my ass into gear, made the job my top priority and eventually started getting raises and a promotion. Started working harder than I ever thought I could. I was my own motivation. I realized I couldn't succeed with a shit work ethic and if i was cutting corners I was only cheating myself. I realized I slacked off in college and could have done so much better so I decided to go back with the same mentality. College is my top priority now. Everything else comes second and I view it as if my well being for the rest of my life depends on it. Because it kinda does. The better schools I get into and gpa I get will play a huge factor in how good of a job I get in my field so I'm aiming high. When I went back to college I retook all my old classes that I failed and I've only had one B since, the rest of my grades have been A's. This is me >>39730172 right here. You got this man. Most young cats don't understand how much effort it really takes to succeed so their grades and priorities reflect their mentality. They go to college for the "college experience" and not to actually fucking learn something. They slack off and barely make it through college and get a degree even though they didn't learn anything. Then they say their degree is useless. No the degree isn't useless, the person holding it is. If you have a degree and didn't fucking learn anything then it is just a piece of paper at that point and how much attention you paid will show once you actually get a job in your field. Going to school is no different than going to the gym. You're going there to better yourself. You wouldn't go to the gym and not do shit would you? That would be a waste of time and money. Don't cheat yourself.
>>
>>39730593
well i'm not but at the moment i am because i'm going to be labeled as the worst trainee of the company even worse than the guy before me who didn't do his work good at all

had a much better feeling while taking the test and seeing the results makes me a bit sad even disappointed
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>39730229
Be careful with this, anon.

I recently had unprotected sex with a girl who told me she had an IUD.

Bitch gave me gonorrhea.
>>
>>39730653
Meant for >>39730172
>>
>>39730653
>I recently had unprotected sex with a girl who told me she had an IUD.
>tfw did the same

well that was dumb of me
>>
>Got tattooed.
>No gym for 2 weeks because of it
>Only doing yoga and qi gong
>Mental clarity returning in spite of heavy masters classes
>Super stoked to get back to working out

In general feeling gold.
>>
>>39723093
+ Read a book a week
+ Work out at home
>>
>>39730439
father here, pulled out with wife for ten years no pregnancy or birth control. stopped pulling out got pregnant immediately. pulling out works if you have good control of your penis. if you are going for a long time and you start to get a bit soft probably pull out and jiggle some off because a bit will come out the reservoir.
>>
>>39730653
I've done the same (iud girl) but knock on wood nothing ever came about it. I am a lot more selective than I used to be though. This girl is a pretty good girl so I'm not too worried about it.
>>
>>39730688
Damn, good job. I have pretty good dick control. I heard the best way to avoid pregnancy via precum is to piss after you ejaculate because the precum in the next session could possibly contain left over semen from the previous session.
>>
>>39720721
Added the contact of a customer at work last week and dated her literally the next day lmao.

Been talking to her for a bit and she actually made the effort to call me or ask me to call her.

I asked her to come out to the beach with me tomorrow and she said she's considering it.

This is a nice feel bros. She is a good combination of curvy and thin along with being cutely insecure but humble and straightforward.

Any advice to escalate shit? She's heading back to her home country for two months in a week. I want to at least kiss her before she goes.

She knows I'm into her cos I've flirted quite a bit but she's a bit innocent and conservative with sex. shes also forgiven a lot of autism from me.
>>
>>39720721
Broke a 3 month dry spell by having sex with two girls in 3 days. Probably bangin another girl tonight (3 different girls in a week is a record).

Thank god for Tinder and old slooty friends
>>
File: 1481895578555.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481895578555.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
not this week but last months

>overcame drug and steroid abuse/addiction
>reached this years deadlift goal
>depression getting better
>getting compliments for competitive mens physique athletes and roidbros
>all motivation is back
>soon got a job again
>soon got a drivers license again

2016 was not a good year for me, but everything eventually turns around for the better
>>
>>39730679
Any tips for how to read faster? The most I can get is about 30 pages in an hour.
>>
>>39730732
from*
>>
Had a company diner yesterday, last time I made a comment that sort of fell wrong which made me uncertain and depressed the entire evening. So this time I sat down next to that same person, kept my shit in check (I grew up country where people talk rudely always which in the city people do not understand) and actually had a fun time drinking with the spouse of my boss.

Was a nice distraction from my sister who decided to divorce out of the blue after 10 years and 2 young kids. She honestly thought she could do everything on her terms and that he would let her life in the house till she had her own perfect place. She has no job, she has to leave next week and wanted to move into a shed with 2 kids 8 and 10 with no heating, bathroom etc.The last days she has been begging for money from my parents and usually my mom bends but this time I hope to god she doesn't cause it isn't helping. I hope for once she will keep on listening to me and not live in poverty herself because of her.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>39723308
>why not

Marine here, no...no no no no NO.
I joined for a similar reason. You are treated like a child. Boot camp is good for the experiance but after that you will regret it.
>>
Been drinking caffeine since I was 12, now I'm 20. Been joking about being addicted but only recently realized that I was. My day turns to shit if I don't get atleast 2-3 cups of coffee. Now I've been 3 days without, not even a fucking cola.
>>
>>39724937
>assertive
chase the things you want. difference between assertive and aggressive is whether or not youre being a dick. dont be a dick
>in control of myself
you literally choose every action you take every day. you were never not in control of yourself. the whole "i lost control" thing is 100% bullshit. its a 2 way mirror type deal, once you stop living your life like you have to fight yourself to keep control of your actions, you realize you were in control the whole time, but its hard to see the big picture from that confined place of mind. break the chain anon
>>
File: 1420505588697.png (195KB, 315x476px) Image search: [Google]
1420505588697.png
195KB, 315x476px
>24
>still working at restaurant
>been here for 6 years
>getting less shifts
>more annoying high school kids are coming in
>doing poorly in school
>hate my major (accounting)
>want to drop, but family says I shouldn't
>want to find a new job, but my resume is shit
>already in financial troubles
>whole family is deep in debt, so I gotta finish school and get a better job
>losing motivation to stay healthy
>all my friends are moving away and starting their lives without me in the picture
>no gf ever
>really bad with women and just making friends in general
>still a virgin
>I’ve been in therapy for 3 years.
>I have had 3 different therapist.
>I am still the same depressed guy I was 3 years ago.

I have thought about using pills but, I am afraid that I will get hooked on them and end up fucking my life up even more.

pls I could use some good feel advice
>>
>>39731193
If you don't like your major change it.

If you aren't too far into your accounting program it wont take you much longer to get a finance degree.

At my school theres so much crossover between accounting and finance that you only need to take 7 extra classes for a second degree. Look into it anon
>>
>>39731251
Isn't finance harder than accounting?

Also I feel like the only degree I could get is a degree in business admin. Its easy, but I know that degree is pretty useless.
>>
>>39731276
I've only taken the basic level business finance course and I literally got a 99/100 for the class.

I was only able to get a B in intermediate accounting and just barely, and I consider myself pretty good at accounting concepts and everything.

Finance stuff can be taught to anyone who has an accounting degree since the underlying concepts are there. It would be very hard for a finance guy to learn things a below average CPA can do.
>>
File: 6dd4bcd2add71.gif (377KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
6dd4bcd2add71.gif
377KB, 200x200px
Bench went up 5lb this week. Oh, and got with a french and an asian girl.
>>
>>39730732
You got it bro!
>>
>>39725246
>i dont know have any education
the post
>>
File: 1466370819439.jpg (54KB, 350x383px) Image search: [Google]
1466370819439.jpg
54KB, 350x383px
just got back from overseas with mates, really miss my other mates who are less worried about aesthetics and know how to actually have a good time.

it was like going away with a bunch of /fit/ autistis.

planning to hold a BBQ on boxing day and eat a ton of meat, school is going well.

actually everything is going well.
I've finally reached a point in my life where i have too much good shit going for me to be bothered about girls or having a gf.

>feels good
>>
>went to visit my mother today to find out she'd put up a christmas tree in the living room
It's the first time she's done that since my father passed away, so it's something I guess
>>
>>39723093
Same situation as you for a year, feel myself slowly rotting to death.
>>
>>39720721
>Getting over a chesty cough
>Been 3 weeks, coughing up a lot of phlegm
>Feel well enough to start going back to the gym

My dad and my bro still moan about how much I'm eating, even though everyone's saying about how much better I look now than I did last year
>>
>>39723310
Dude, it's never too late to start over, especially with bad "friends". Dump those bitches. As long as you're a cool person to hang out with, you'll have no trouble finding actual friends. Negativity breeds negativity. Positivity breeds positivity.
>>
>>39725246
Kys
>>
>>39730293
Morally right? Are you retarded enough to actually be a pawn of the military
>>
File: 1481520488436.gif (2MB, 400x247px) Image search: [Google]
1481520488436.gif
2MB, 400x247px
>>39732957

Being sick sucks, It makes me feel so lazy.

> Thought to myself that I haven't been sick since I've started working out
> Get sick as fuck the very next day
> Last work out was Tuesday

I felt well enough to get back at it today but I'm going to give it 1 more day and get a good sleep tonight.
>>
>be me
>Pretty badly abused as a kid, dad would hit me a lot
>Stabbed my hand with a fork once
>Have anxiety and depression problems
>Do poorly in school, so scared of people, can't deal with anything social
>Mom is pretty okay, does nothing to deal with my father, but buys me a ps2
>DMC
>Fuckyeah.png
>Must have played that game through 100000 times, it was my only one
>Anyways, play the game, opening scene, Dante shirtless
>Wtf is that on his stomach, its kinda bumpy
>Look down, skinny fat mode
>I now know what I must do
>Spend 5 years to myself, working out, trying to be exactly like Dante
>Can't afford guitar, but based grandpa has old trombone
>Fast forward 5 years, make it out of highschool, pretty jacked and pretty good at trombone
>Attend community college, can't deal with anyone there, break down cuz I can't go anywhere without being plagued with anxiety
>Hook up garden hose to car exhaust, attempt an hero
>Mom rips me out before I die
>Go to hospital, get recommended to a psych doctor
>Major depressive disorder+anxiety disorder+gomad
>Get prescribed meds
> Screw that, Dante didn't need any meds
>Go out more
>Literally cry and throw up every time
>Keep going, eventually I can talk to people I don't know
>Fast forward another 2 years, about to go to a four year college, dad and I get in a fight
>Let him beat me up, tell him he's not worthmy effort
>He backs off
>He has no idea of been lifting
>Only wear loose clothes around him, trying to get his attention off of me
>I take of my shirt
>big guy.jpeg
>Asserted dominance
>I tell him that if he ever hurts me or my mom, he is toast
>I leave for college
>Get my life together, still bad anxiety problems and depression, but I just remember Dante
>Last fast forward 2 more years
>Come back
>Done with college
>Tell my dad I forgive all his abuses and things of that nature
>Play DMC one more time on my ps2
>Leave forever, move out of state
>Married, and happy

Sorry, just wanted to share, pretty incoherent
>>
>>39730733
That is pretty normal. Speedreading has been debunked, you can't hope to get above 400 wpm max without retention going to shit unless you are some type of sevont. The only way to get faster and improve comprehension is to read more and read harder material. You will learn to love it though. Try to get some good books that are interesting enough for a beginner to get them invested in the novel. The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings are a good example, as they are extremely interesting, but still somewhat complex. After you finish long books like that you will see that you are able to appreciate more complex books, like maybe some early plato dialogues, or the illiad, and so on.
>>
>>39734522
This desu.
I had a sore throat Thursday, but I didn't want to cancel on a friend who I had told I would run a half marathon on that day. So we went out and ran, I felt fine during the run, but that night my sore throat became insane, and then Friday I woke up with a terrible cold, unbearable sore throat, and I needed to get on a plane for 3 hours which made it worse. Then, yesterday, I started coughing(I was also full of snot), and it hurt like crazy, and this is coming from a kid who got bronchitis all the time as a kid. Now the cold is finally settling down to the average sniffle and medium cough, but fuck, I felt like a fat person in a coma for the past few days. Still, my man, get Mucinex and Theraflu. They are the power duo, as well as some ramen(same sodium as chicken noodle soup, but more calories and protein).
>>
Finishing my fourth month of accutane. Can't lift because of achy joints and a recent elbow surgery. Grades for this sem have been meh, but at least I'm passing. But on the bright side my skin is clearing up and I can kind of walk around with my head held high, so it's not too bad. Can't wait to lift again though, tomorrow will be better.
>>
>>39734832
Wow, you have a similar back story to me. Except my mom was a drug dealing scumbag who used to beat me. I always respect people who find there way out of situations like that. Kudos.
>>
>>39723380
I mean it doesn't really help to tell you to research your immediate area, but if you pull up google maps and run gracie, world class, mma, or any generic martial arts related term you might come up with a list of realistic results.

Failing that you can check your shitty college thing and see what sort of extra curricular clubs and such they offer. My college for example has mma, judo, jujitsu, wrestling, aikido, kendo, and boxing as "combat sports" clubs, and that's not even to name all the other crap like various types of dance and yoga and stuff. Fuck man do some yoga.

If none of that is to your liking, you might need to commit to going to a big name place like gracie when you go to your therapist. How often do you go out there?
>>
>>39729599
I was in a similar place, except it was long distance. Never do long distance. It's retarded.

Either you can dump her now and break her heart, or you can let your dissatisfaction build up and let it manifest in a way that's extremely harmful, which will ultimately break her heart in a much harsher way.

Search your feelings, anon, you know it to be true.
>>
>>39720721
How tall are you?
>>
>>39720721
Increasing my gains little by little but still proud of myself. Winter has been making me feel down lately especially when I'm out of school for the break and I got nothing to do. Been cooking for my family and they love it so that got me proud.
>>
>>39730229
also don't forget a LOT of chicks become severely depressed and/or completely lose their sex drive
>>
>>39720721
>Coming to end of quarter
>Got a deal committed that needs to close this week
>Got another one I'm trying to get the nod for
>Stress starting to take its toll
>Just got back from gym, weak as shit, starting to get run down
>Stress is making me weak
>I just want to do these deals so I can relax and watch the cricket
>Either way, come Friday there's nothing I can do about it
>>
>>39720721
Having anger issues again, gotta hope on dat dere meditation.
Otherwise pretty damn good.
>>
>>39730248
That's some genuinely good advice. Thank you, my friend, I appreciate it.
>>
>>39730293

"haven't accidentally nuked someone yet"

that's because there's no such thing as nukes
>>
>>39736155
5'9. Almost to king of the manlets status.
>>
>>39737102
Perfect time to set up some goals for 2017 and maybe do some reading ahead for class. Or sleep. Sleep is good too.
>>
Been a severely depressed NEET/homeless on and off for 10 years. Anyone manage to escape this sort of thing? What did you do?
>>
>>39738714
get a job
>>
>>39738728
Out of the hundreds of applicants for every job whackos like me don't get the spot
>>
>>39720721

>Lifts improved
>Stamina improved
>Making progress on bachelor thesis
>Planned my life for the comming three years, shit looks pretty bright
>>
>>39734832

Glad to hear that you were able to break out of those abusive chains, and didnt let it control you.
>>
>>39734832
>>Major depressive disorder+anxiety disorder+gomad
Keksimus majoris
>>
>Knuckle down into boxing at the start of the year after years of only training twice a week due to choosing distractions

>Fight and win impressively just as everyone expected. I'm one of the top guys at my club but I've never committed enough to get fit enough to fight

>after my fight I take a break because depression sets in and I figure "whats the point?". I get fat and fall back into drugs

>Finally sort my shit out; agree to fight again and start getting fit. Everythings going great and I lost 10kg to hit fight weight.

>Got a boxing grillfriend too from down the club. Everything is going great

>Get hit in the eye weirdly during sparring and it gave me VPD; now I keep getting flickering in my right eye and my retina is at more risk of a tear

Still going to train but going to make a rule of wearing my headguard whenever I do any sparring at all. I figure if I do the next 2 years hard and fight and fight then I can quit and start teaching down my club with some credentials as to why people should listen to what I've got to say.

Feels fucking lame guys. Martial arts/boxing changed me from a nervous 18 year old into a confident outspoken 27 year old, I changed from being a victim to being someone who never quit.
>>
>>39723715
WEW LAD
>>
>>39723310
Been there

I stopped drugs/aocohol and started getting fit. There was a period where I was lonely as hell with no friends; but sports helped me to socialize and now I have better friends. I'm surrounded by people with the same motivations and it feels good.
>>
tfw too old to make new friends in my 30s
>>
>>39726474
>I'm glad. I hope he dies.

You're ugly inside and people will see that eventually; I feel sorry for anyone that has a toxic spiteful piece of shit like you in their lives. I hope your new "friends" see that soon before you damage them.
>>
File: 1481864506218.jpg (105KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481864506218.jpg
105KB, 500x600px
It's going okay, dropped 20lbs over the last month and working on bettering myself. Borderline Personality Disorder is coming back in full force recently though, can barely control my goddamn emotions. I feel a constant rage building up that I feel like I have to supress at all costs. I know holding it in makes it worse but I'm constantly around people so there's nothing I can do.

It's like I have a soul burning need to scream and yell and punch something until my knuckles are bloody but I can't. Constantly having to smile at people's shitty jokes at work, pretend like I'm happy around my family, etc. It's fucking exhausting, man. At the end of the day I just want to be left alone.
>>
>>39720721
I posted a good finish on my 50 mile last weekend despite hammering powerlifting a lot harder than last year. Now all I have to do is one more week of hard training then pull off a good 80 mile.
>>
File: 1446523442023.jpg (65KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
1446523442023.jpg
65KB, 509x411px
>>39720721
Hasn't been a very good week
>Got tendonitis in my elbow, can't lift for 4-6 weeks
>Confirm my gf doesn't love me, and I'm very in love with her
>realise after all these years of being alone and tfw no gf I had become completely self sufficient
>I relied on no one else but myself to be happy, no urge for social interaction or a gf
>Realise I've ruined all this progress with this one shitty relationship
>Now feel anxious and jittery when we're apart for more than 4-5 days
>Could have prevented it by keeping my guard up and been more analytic (put guard down because she, somewhat of a stranger, came up to me saying she really liked me)
>Mfw it's been two weeks since I've seen her because she's "busy"
>Has more free time than I do but can't manage to find time to see me
>Takes hours to text back
>Occasionally clingy, mostly very distant
>Doesn't respect me
>Emotionally manipulative
>The more time I spend with her the less she seems to like me
>Has said I love you, but I know shes never actually been in love before, has no idea how it feels.
>realise I have to break up with her because it's only going to get worse for me
>already lost a significant amount of muscle mass between not lifting and not being able to sleep and having no appetite from worrying
>Still clinging to hope I'm wrong about everything
>Have to make a decision before I see her in two days

I wish I would have told her I was gay when she approached me like I did with all the other girls before, but I thought I should give it a chance because she seemed really different.
I'm scared I don't have the strength to end it. Why can't I just go back to how I was before.

And worst of all, I gave up myup and coming wizardhood for nothing.
>>
>>39740464
Damn. Good job bud.
Question for ya though. Do you have people yell "run Forrest, run!" When ya out doing long runs? Pretty common in iowa
>>
>>39738714

I went back to college after a six year hiatus. Funny thing was, I left with tooonnnnes of credits right before I had a major depressive episode and stopped.
So I essentially just had to do two classes and get my degree.

For real, though- you just have to think and become "a normie"- go through the stereoptypical motions of job-hunting (turn up in person and apply with a resume- your employer doesnt care if you cant keep eye contact as long as you look presentable and are willing to work for peanuts), try to talk to people more often- not be friends, just practice speaking up to strangers. Attend school if you havent, and ask your academic and uidance counselors a shitloat of questions...you know.. for guideance. You'll make it through.

I did.
>>
File: 1481089453176.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1481089453176.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
Making some lat gains which is nice. Aside from that, i really need a new wardrobe, most of my shit is xl/l and I'm down to a medium shirt size now which is pretty cool. If you asked me a year ago if I'd I could see myself the way I am now I'd say you were crazy.

My place is pretty isolated from the social areas in my state, I spend most of my free time in the gym and just wandering around the neighberhood to keep busy this winter break and today was the first time in like a week I saw a girl my age.

Not much of a hookup guy, but is tinder/pof good to meet people for decent relationships? Starting to feel real lonely. Was looking through some of the search results for my area before it forces you to make an account, found a qt I'd love to talk to but fuck i know nothing about e-dating. Feels like high school again.
>>
>>39740577
Anon. Listen.

You need to end this. No matter how amazing the sex, love, person that she is, it is NOT worth the shit you are going through.

Either force a complete talk with everything on the table or completely end it without any backups.

I was in a similar relationship and yes, it did hurt ending it.

However, after some time has passed the "love goggles" have worn off and only now I see how much things were wrong, but I couldn't see it because muh love.

I am so goddamn glad I am out of that relationship. It made me the same as you, a complete emotional mess. I never ever want to be like that ever again, no amount of great gf or sex or whatever is worth going through that again.

Anon. Listen to your god damn gut feeling.

When you feel shit like that even though you think you shouldn't be feeling that way, it's your gut.

Listen to it.
>>
>get loads of matches on tinder
>some solid 8/10s
>too much of pussy to send that first message
>feel it'd do wonders for my confidence just to follow through but beta af

how do i into messaging girls i've never spoken to irl before help me /fit/ ;_;
>>
>tfw too scared to roid
i cant deal with this anymore just end my life pls
>>
>>39742876
Thanks Anon, over to that bitches house now.
Gonna end it before I can change my mind.

We're all gonna make it
>>
>>39720721
Is it too late for me?

>33 years old
>200 lbs
>5'7
>Broader frame so not too bad but have a gut, fat ass, and large thighs
>My left elbow and shoulder hurt a lot when I try to do pushups or pullups
>Lifting weights tires me out so fast I can't go very long.
>Diet is OK. Don't drink soda or anything but I'm a max couch potato

I have a gf and she's a bit big too. We both diet together but she's worse than I am when it comes to physical activity. I hate going to the gym alone and barely make it once a week. How the fuck can I motivate us both?
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.