[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I achieve Bruce Lee mode?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 6

File: Bruce-Lee-Measurements.jpg (159KB, 550x625px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce-Lee-Measurements.jpg
159KB, 550x625px
I want to become ridiculously strong while remaining small so I can be a master of calisthenics and be able to move around at high speeds. What would one have to eat to gain strength while not putting on muscle? What types of exercises would you need to do to become this way?

Food bills are not a problem, I am not injured in any way, and I have the required equipment.
>>
why would you ask us? just research bruce lee's routine
>>
>>39715507
take a bunch of dnp and buy a chinup bar for your doorframe and go to town on it forever
>>
>>39715507
apply low rep power lifting methods to calisthenics.
read about the west side method.
Also get ready for a really strict diet once you're done building strength.
>>
>>39715507

I bet you watch anime, too
>>
>>39715507
>able to move around at high speeds.

Need big muscles for that, compare 100m sprinter bodies to marathon bodies.
>>
>>39715592
>comparing the average person to top level elite athletes
the reason marathon bodies look like that is because they don't fucking eat at the professional level
>>
>>39715592
Usain Bolt doesn't have giant leg muscles, and being able to move fast for a short amount of time is not something that I will be needing all the time.
>>
>>39715618

>marathon runners
>not eating

Riiiiighhhtt
>>
>>39715507
Look up his routine you autist. I'm staring at it right now in his book, it's not hard to find online
>>
>>39715672
Haha! Way to call out the autist!
>>
>>39715507
Bruce Lee was a meme. He wasn't anywhere near as good as they say he was. If you want optimal speed and strength, you're probably best off doing MMA with a bit of lifting.
>>
>>39715696
What do you mean he was a meme? I know that movies can be faked and all that but wasn't he famous in the fighting community?
>>
>>39715507
is bruce even natty? imho he always had that paper thin look
>>
>>39715714
He was famous, and don't get me wrong, he was (probably) a great fighter, but half the things they say about him are myths.
>>
>>39715507
Heavy compounds, low reps
Speed work (low weight, low reps, fast as possible while maintaining form
Bodyweight exercises
Jumping

Strength to bodyweight ratio is key. If you get bigger but proportionately stronger that's good.

Focus on staying lean. When your abs start to go, cut.
>>
>>39715714

His myth was overstated.

Bruce Lee almost certainly could hit really fucking hard and fast. He couldn't turn back time by flying backwards around the earth ten times at the speed of light.
>>
>>39715507
36 boiled eggs and 2 multivitamin a day
>>
>>39715507
go vegan, hit the 100 grams protein per day.

be in constant overtraining mode

do calisthenics and kung fu
>>
>>39715714
Cus D'Amato is arguably the best trainer of all time but that doesn't make him a good fighter.

There is literally zero (0) evidence of Lee ever fighting that doesn't come from someone who makes money off having a connection to him. Even his direct students straight up state he never sparred.
>>
>>39716436
one of my fav memes
>>
File: bruce-lee-workout-sheet.jpg (51KB, 236x420px) Image search: [Google]
bruce-lee-workout-sheet.jpg
51KB, 236x420px
>>39715507
>>
>>39716503
He did fight that guy who challenged him and won.
>>
>>39716503
yeah thats bullshit.
fat americans talking shit about bruce lee, fit at its finest..
>>
>>39715811
>Bruce Lee almost certainly could hit really fucking hard and fast. He couldn't turn back time by flying backwards around the earth ten times at the speed of light.
T.jet lee
>>
>>39715811
His myth is actually understated.

He was literally Hong Kong gangster fighting in gangs since he was 12 and even came to he United States because the mob put a hit on him. In the United States he started warring with the California China towns. Wong jack man fought him on behalf of the of the san Francisco china town

It a shame most people cannot read even the most basic biography of one of the most famous icons in the world.
>>
>>39716526
>french press
>>
>>39716526
How the fuck did he get lats?
>>
>>39716528
If you're talking about Jack Man both sides claims victory.

>>39716548
Not burger or fat. Keep projecting though. Feel free to provide some credible evidence of him ever fighting while you're at it.
>>
>>39716589
why dont u eat some more burgers and die from aids?
>requiring proof of bruce lee being a fighter
nigger u went full retard
>>
>>39716556
>Wong jack man fought him on behalf of the of the san Francisco china town
According to Jack he took Lee up on one of his public challenges and won. Which seems more likely: a well known braggart bragging and getting BTFO or a shady cabal of ancient kung fu masters trying to stop the heretic?
>>
>>39716598
Not requiring proof of people being fighters is how you end up Yellow Bamboo and aikido.
>>
>>39716613
you clearly have no experience within fighting or martial arts whatsoever.

bet u sat on kids in highschool and now u think every form of fighting is a meme.
>>
>>39716589
http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/bruce-lee-vs-wong-jack-man-fact-fiction-and-the-birth-of-the-dragon

Stop fucking lying. Jack mans own man said Lee was right and that he won

Openly lying is now the standard for /fit/
>>
>>39716602
You have no idea what you are talking about. Lee was a real fighter from Hong Kong. When he came to the u.s he had many problems with the China towns because they did not do real fighting like he did with yip mans students.

Wong jack man is also from Hong Hong that's why he rivaled lees skill.
>>
>>39716638
the guy is a legit retard.
>>
>>39716674
There's a lot of myth but now more and more information is coming out showing truth

These articles are good

http://m.fightland.vice.com/blog/photos-of-bruce-lee-and-the-early-martial-arts-culture-of-san-francisco-bay
>>
>>39716790
bruce lee is a legend.
i have his book. the guy was a genious, any1 can tell from his philosophy and accomplishments.
>>
File: IMG_0837.jpg (56KB, 800x522px)
IMG_0837.jpg
56KB, 800x522px
>>39715507
>squatting 95 lbs 3 x 10
>tfw you are stronger than Bruce Lee.
>>
>>39716798
He definitely was a go getter, it was in his personality. People like Bruce are extremely rare, he was an extremely dedicated hard working man who wanted to do it all. You should read "Bruce Lee: fighting spirit", it's an objective biography of him and he was really a madman, but a good madman
>>
>>39716803
Forgot pic. Kek dyel.
>>
>>39716564
He did a lot of chin ups/pull ups too. Plus doing martial arts works lats really well, especially punch bag work
>>
>>39716602
Gene lebell, one of the grappling greats and judo champion, spoke of how amazing bruce was, and how they taught each other how to kick and grapple. Chuck Norris, a karate champion, still talks about how great he is, bruce lee revolutionized martial arts. He exposed Chinese bullshit arts and was one of the fist to promote weight lifting for fighting.
>>
>>39716803
Cut down to 130 lbs

Squatting a lot when you weigh above 150 pounds is like having big tits when you're a fat girl. It's easy and nobody cares.
>>
File: 1481678724292.jpg (85KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1481678724292.jpg
85KB, 408x408px
>>39715672
fuck you autist!
>>
>>39717236
You're oversimplifying this. So according to you if someone weighs 155 lbs and they can squat "a lot" it's easy and nobody cares?

If he weighed 130 lbs and squatted 95 lbs 3 x 10 that means his working weight was ~73% of his bodyweight.

Please calculate 73% of your bodyweight and tell me if you would have difficulty repping that out at 3 x 10.
>>
>>39715679
>>39717261
Maybe do a Google search next time before you make an unnecessary thread
>>
>>39717286
You're picking out the very first exercise of his warm up and saying "I can do his warm up! Me good at exercise!"

Of course it's easy to do when your entire goal revolves around doing three big lifts as heavy as possible and then doing nothing else for 2 days while you take "rest days". He was using weights to warm up so he could bounce around and jump everywhere for the next 12 hours.
>>
>>39716674
>>39716626
>>39716548
>>39716798
Can't tell if this is serious or a troll. Wtf /fit/? What level of shit posting is this?
>>
File: weirdly appropriate captcha.png (228KB, 725x467px) Image search: [Google]
weirdly appropriate captcha.png
228KB, 725x467px
>>39716557
Gotta get that caffeine, bro
>>
>>39716854
>>39717542
Literally doing wrist curls 4 x 10 and resting INF. which I suppose is infinity.
>>
>>39717542
>You're picking out the very first exercise of his warm up and saying "I can do his warm up! Me good at exercise!"
You're an asian manlet aren't you? Where does it say in his "Body Improvement List" that all 14 of his exercises are his warm up?

>Of course it's easy to do when your entire goal revolves around doing three big lifts as heavy as possible and then doing nothing else for 2 days while you take "rest days".
Ah I see you are projecting, because you are new to lifting you assume I also am. Carry on dyel newfriend.
>>
>>39715507
Too get Bruce Lee's style of small but powerful muscles it requires time, he was training that shit all his life, muscle isn't just about size its also about density, and his muscle where dense as shit from training all his life, most people would need to be nearly twice his size to actually be as strong as him.
>>
>>39715523
>once you're done building strength
get the fuck out
e
t

t
h
e

f
u
c
k

o
u
t
>>
>>39717835
It's sets - weight - reps. So 4 sets with 10lbs of as many reps as possible.
>>
>>39718884
Can you wrist curl 10 lbs?
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.