[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shoulder training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: huug.jpg (147KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
huug.jpg
147KB, 640x360px
I wanna develop boulder shoulders /fit/. What lifts should I be doing other than OHP and side raises? Any particular routine or split recommendations?
>>
>>39712203
Heavy OHP and high rep side and front raises is pretty much it I'm afraid. Don't neglect them rear delts either. Face pulls and rear delt flies should do the trick
>>
>>39712203
I feel like a superset of dips and pullups work the shoulders to a small extent.
Maybe give that a go OP
>>
>>39712203
High volume whether it be ohp, front/lateral/rear raises. If you want them to grow you need to aim for high reps, drop sets and super sets.

Don't fall for the ohp press bullshit, it mainly hits your front delts and is not nearly enough for full shoulder development.
>>
>>39712314
I'm currently doing lots of heavy OHP variations (OHP, push presses, and DB presses), side raises, and high rep face pulls, but I hadn't thought of doing front raises! I don't think I've ever done front delts isolation.

>>39712439
I've been seriously considering having a dip and pull-up only day for a while. i might actually do one of these every 2 weeks or so.
>>
>>39712474
>High volume whether it be ohp, front/lateral/rear raises. If you want them to grow you need to aim for high reps, drop sets and super sets.

Should I have a bro-style shoulder day or should I work front/side + chest and rear + back?
>>
>>39712203

it's genetics and steroids.

Natties will never have boulder shoulders, they just end up as framelets who's shoulders are narrower than their arms.
>>
>>39712546
However you want to do it. I'd personally recommend a day dedicated to shoulders.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
>Arnold Press
>Lateral Raise
>Reverse Flye
>Press

All I've ever done and I have great shoulders. Arnold Press + Lateral Raises in particular are top 2
>>
>>39712720
true, to some extent but natties can have sick delts mate. You're just defeatist and weak-willed, not even trolling.
Why are you here if not to bring everyone down to your level of misery and failure to accomplish anything?
>>
>>39712203
Supersets. I like a three count when lowering all my presses, also when doing side raises change the angle of your body to hit a different area in your shoulder.
For example:
4x
10 OHP three count
15 seated side raises, no need for three count
I've found this effective. Every six weeks I'll change to a 5x5 for a month or so to increase my lifts. Great mix of hypertrophy and strength that will give you the best of both worlds.

Oh, I also avoid front raises, it can tighten your front delts and pull your shoulders forward and fuck your posture.
>>
>>39712515
don't, you'll notice your shoulders roll forwad if you over do it. presses are enough for front delt.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.