[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Common myths and nonsense debunked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: carbsatiety3b.jpg (219KB, 1017x2000px) Image search: [Google]
carbsatiety3b.jpg
219KB, 1017x2000px
What are the most commonly followed bullshit principles in fitness and diet? Which did you fall for?

Carb restricted diet is the one that I fell for hardest- there's so much evidence showing the benefits to weight loss of complex carbs, and how fat is consistently lowest for satiety because of a combination of lack of fibre, calorie density etc. There are even clinical trials showing that keto, atkins diet, cambridge diet, paleo diet etc simply don't do anything when controlled against calorie restriction.

I think people with shit diets just get caught up in the water weight loss and the calorie restriction and attribute it to their fancy new diet
>>
>>39710769

no carb is retarded, low carb makes sense to maximize protein on a cut, protein is the most satiating food and tastes the best, and is the most efficient thanks to the thermogenic effect.

100-150 carbs worth of lentils, beans, wholemeal bread is damn plenty for your glycogen and fibre needs unless you're over 200lbs.
>>
>>39710769
Let me guess, you're a fatty that lost on low carb then gained it back and now you're trying to find other retar-bros to make you feel better.

"CONCLUSIONS
In this study of overweight and obese premenopausal women, those assigned to follow the Atkins diet had more weight loss and more favorable outcomes for metabolic effects at 1 year than women assigned to the Zone, Ornish, or LEARN diets. Concerns about adverse metabolic effects of the Atkins diet were not substantiated within the 12-month study period. It could not be determined whether the benefits were attributable specifically to the low carbohydrate intake vs other aspects of the diet (eg, high protein intake).

While questions remain about long-term effects and mechanisms, these findings have important implications for clinical practice and health care policy. Physicians whose patients initiate a low-carbohydrate diet can be reassured that weight loss is likely to be at least as large as for any other dietary pattern and that the lipid effects are unlikely to be of immediate concern. As with any diet, physicians should caution patients that long-term success requires permanent alterations in energy intake and energy expenditure, regardless of macronutrient content."
>>
>>39711132
>not having calorie restriction normal diet control group
wew
>>
File: 1473710716158.jpg (5KB, 200x161px) Image search: [Google]
1473710716158.jpg
5KB, 200x161px
>>39710873
>protein is the most satiating food and tastes the best
>protein tastes the best

<--- this is you
>>
>>39710873
>Let me guess, you're a fatty that lost on low carb then gained it back and now you're trying to find other retar-bros to make you feel better.
No, I lost weight while on keto but I'm smart enough not to attribute it to magical fat calories

Additionally, the few clinical studies that involved the atkins diet all showed potential danger in certain groups of people with zero benefit on satiety and calorie intake overall.

You have to ignore a lot of easily verified information to believe fat and protein are magic and provide results we don't know about.
>>
I've always found fat combined with protein far more satiating than carbs or carbs with fiber. Volume doesn't mean real satiety to me; I have eaten a kilo of broccoli before and felt uncomfortably full and distended, but not satiated. There's more to feeling "full" than sheer volume. If carbs and fiber works for you then great, but it's not a panacea for cutting. IIRC studies have found protein to be the most satiating macro out of the big three anyways.
>>
>>39710769

My own anecdotal evidence is I couldn't disagree more - I found that when I cut out carbs I was quite literally never hungry, would have one meal a lot of days.

Thought screw it one night and made a stir fry with rice and was ravenous about an hour later.
>>
>>39710769
The sticky was right all along, wooooowwww dude
>>
>>39712189
Satiation is a clinical term relating to ceasing of consumption
Satiety interestingly is also a clinical term but with a slight different meaning

https://examine.com/nutrition/high-carb-high-satiety/

>>39712799
Disagree all you like, it doesn't change reality

Also in your example you're using processed starchy carbs which are known to make you more hungry. We also know that going over your regular daily intake makes you far more likely to overconsume in the future

tl;dr your anecdote is just that, shitty anecdote
>>
File: pajeet.jpg (91KB, 634x822px) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.jpg
91KB, 634x822px
>>39711687

>MORE CARBS THEY TASTE THE BEST, NAAN WITH EXTRA SAUICE BIRYANI RICE AND MORE SAAG, CARBS CARBS CARBS THE YARE THE BEST IF YOU WANNA LOOK LIKE ME. PROTEIN IS EVIL, COWS ARE WORSHIPPED NOT EATEN!

What kind of fatfuck shitskin would post such ridiculous things?
>>
>>39712853
Indian diets are high in fat too.
>>
>>39712846
I was simply sharing my own experience. Just carbs or carbs with fiber doesn't do shit for me and never has. If it works for you then great, but pretending like that's universal is irresponsible.
>>
>>39711132

You're misrepresenting the study you're quoting. Most of the study participants didn't actually follow those diets the way they were told to at the start. The study ended up being more about what happens when you give fat people diet advice; the result being that most don't stick to the diet and instead over time return to whatever they like eating. The Atkins group went back to eating carbs, the Ornish group went back to eating fat, etc.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.