[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caffeine addiction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1477836035507.jpg (560KB, 776x1054px) Image search: [Google]
1477836035507.jpg
560KB, 776x1054px
I've been drinking 1-2 cups coffee for the last 2 weeks,and I am curious what is the safe dosage,I dont want to get addicted to that shit,how can I prevent this ?
Are there any addicted bros ? how did you get addicted ?
>>
File: 1478643249757.jpg (68KB, 1024x759px) Image search: [Google]
1478643249757.jpg
68KB, 1024x759px
shameless bump.
>>
>>39701170
I am limiting myself to one cup per day.
But the only sage dose is zero.
The more you drink, the harder it will be to achieve the same effect, this happens even with the lowest possible dosage.
I am trying to make the jump to tea without coffeen, but i just can't get motivated to do anything without coffee.
>>
>>39701170
Had a really bad phase recently while on a cut, had 100mg of caffeine in pill form as soon as I woke up,
then after gym popped another 50mg, then drank a good 3-4 diet cokes a day, was bad times, decided to just cold turkey it as I've had this issue before and it's a shitty 2-3 days but once it's done it's done.
>>
>>39701272
Do you still take caffeine ?
>>
Take L-theanine in conjunction with Caffeine to remove the shitty crash-y side effects.
>>
Used to drink 3-5 cups a day, now I just drink one once I wake up. Also get headaches if I go 24 hours without drinking this shit.
>>
>>39701304
what do then ?
Once a day is optimal ?
>>
>>39701303
Is this legit ?
>>
>>39701442

Yes. It's also 1000% legal which puts it head and shoulders above most of the o-chem stacks people tend to make.
>>
>>39701256
So do you mean I shouldnt drink it every day ?
>>
>>39701331
>>39701703

You only get the beneficial effects of caffeine when you take a dose that is larger than what you are adapted to. Adaptation happens to even the lowest doses and it happens in just a few days. Also withdrawal symptoms happen after just 12h without taking caffeine.

The feeling of your morning coffee affecting you is caused by alleviating withdrawal. You are not becoming more alert and awake than what you would be had you not been adapted to a daily dose of coffee; you are being brought back to normal awakeness from subnormal levels caused by withdrawal.

In order to get above baseline performance every day from caffeine you have to take a larger dose every day. Once the dose gets large enough you'll be getting more negative effects than positive.

So it's impossible to get a performance boost from caffeine every day, only some days with enough time in between to lose your adaptation. Then the optimal way to use caffeine is to take it only use once in a while. It'd be best to leave your uses for those days when you're more tired than ordinary.

You could drink it every day if you enjoy it, but remember to drink the same amount routinely and a larger amount on the occasion when you need the boost.
>>
i went from energy drinks to pre workout to black coffee and now nothing cause that stuff always makes you more tired in the long run. i still have good workouts and can get up in the morning swear it's all in your head
>>
I take a caffeine pill in the case I'm dragging before an evening workout before the last few hours of work.

I only drink coffee if I'm out in a social situation now.

Energy drinks hell no.
>>
>>39701950
Thanks for the input.
I am going to drink a cup of coffe before my workouts only then,3 times a week.
>>
>>39701950
Yes we have tolerance, but no, not to that degree. Coffee affecting you isnt purely "withdrawal release". You seem to talk a lot about something youre obviously not well versed with
>>
>>39702720
Youre an idiot
>>
>>39702720
Remember that caffeine reduces sleepiness and it's concentration in your blood is halved about every 6 hours (can be very different for different people). If you train in the evening, a cup before gym might make it harder to fall asleep. But you'll see whether it does that for you when you try it.
>>
>>39702768
I'm not well versed myself but my info comes from caffeineinformer.com which seems trustworthy. On <http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-tolerance> it says:
>Soon that same amount of caffeine produces only a sense of “normal” rather than all of the effects initially experienced.

>By “normal” we mean that without the daily dose of caffeine a person feels extremely tired and fatigued way beyond the point they felt tired or fatigued before that initial dose of caffeine.

>At this point, caffeine seems to bring the user to “normality”, instead of producing the “super human” effects it once did.

As I understand that a part of this is because adaptation has increased the number of adenosine receptors which produces a normal feeling when an appropriate amount of those receptors are blocked (by caffeine or something else). If less than the appropriate amount is blocked then adenosine has more than the normal amount of receptors to bind to which causes a higher quantity of receptors activated by adenosine which means increased tiredness.
>>
>>39701170
2 cups a day isnt addicted lmao
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.