[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DB limit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: db_bench2.jpg (19KB, 422x390px) Image search: [Google]
db_bench2.jpg
19KB, 422x390px
Hey /fit/. I basically have a friend who is convinced that all he needs to pack on muscle is his set up of adjustable DBs, bench, pull-up/dip bars. He says he'll never need to use a barbell. I know weight is weight but what's the limit with his kind of set up? Otter mode?
I want him to see the light. But then again I'm wondering, is it possible to 'make it'/become aesthetic without ever using barbells?
>>
>>39700871
There is no limit.

My gym has 2 sets of dbs with olympic collars. Nobody has ever managed to pick up a db set to 330lbs and there are a few monsters there, who rep out 500lbs on the bench, with 1RMs over 600.
>>
1. becoming aesthetic as a natty is really hard even with proper equipment
2. the main drivers of progress for natty lifters are the barbell exercises. they are the exercises you can improve little by little for years
3. the assistance exercises rely on the big (barbell) compound exercises for progress. done on their own the progress stalls after a month or two.
4. past the novice stage it's pretty difficult to make further progress, and for a natty lifter you must rely on careful programming of the main compounds.
>>
>>39700894
sounds like a great gym
>>
Adjustables have an upper limit of usability. The size and amount of plates you have to add, while still leaving room to securely lock them, is dumb.

If he actually gets to the point where he's trying to work around there being 45's strapped to them, he'll come around on his own.
>>
>>39700910
>>39700967
His argument is that he'll simply add sets and reps as his version of progressing in increments lol.. yeah. I guess he'll have an epiphany sooner or later
>>
>>39700910
plz, I'm skellybro and I picked up some 26" dumbell handles, them gains boi
>>
I'm bigger than all my mates who lift. These cucks pay for gym memberships and pile on the supplements and I use a 50kg free weight set (2 db and one bar) and a bean bag for a bench with table chair to hold the bar up.

The difference is I do it consistently and don't half ass my lifts. The gear you have doesn't matter, half the fat cunts and dyels probably pay for gym memberships anyway.

You can get swole fucking around with some rocks nigga consistency and dedication is the key.
>>
>>39701168

>just be ur self bru
>>
>>39701168
>im a lucky guy
>>
>>39701168
50kg bench
"Bigger than mates"
You mates with an ant colony?
>>
>>39701311
I'm gonna use this one whenever I get the chance
>>
>>39700871
Let's say they go up to 90 lbs each.
>single leg rdl x20 180lb
That would take years to reach
>dipsx20 with 90lb on chain
Years for anyone over 5'9
>chinsx20 with 90lbs
years
>lunges with 180lbs
Most people can reach 180lb lunges or split squats in 18 months.
There is definately an upper limit on quad development with DBs only
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.