[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Body Dysmorphic Disorder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: bdd.jpg (16KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
bdd.jpg
16KB, 500x350px
Anyone here have any experience with/thoughts on Body Dysmorphic Disorder?

It really, really fucking winds me up.

Seems some of those diagnosed are correctly diagnosed - quite normal or even good looking people who think they're ugly as fuck. Like an anorexic skeleton days from death still convinced they're fat.

Yet the other half--and I'm convinced it must actually make up the majority of cases--really are ugly as fuck yet our fucked up society can't tell them the fucking truth.

You get some guy with a nose like the Yosemite Half Dome saying "I think my nose is ugly, I just don't know what to do" and a load of psyhcs saying shit like "John is deluded about his self-image to the point it's causing serious problems with his mental well being."

NO, your fucking bullshit "disorders" are causing the problem, give the ugly cunt a nose job and shut the fuck up. He knows he's ugly, you know he's ugly, we all know it's the nose. Fix the fucking nose and stop wasting everyone's time and money.

Why is it that even medical professionals don't want to "hurt people's feelings"? Would we not tell someone about the large cancer shadow on their lung x-ray in case it "hurt their feelings"?

Should we not just accept that 99% of the time BDD is just a bullshit excuse and tell people "yeah, you're an ugly fucker, get surgery, get a tan, put on/lose some weight"?

Anyone any experience themselves?

My own experience is being incorrectly diagnosed with BDD, but won't bore you with that. Not a personal blog and all that.

Everyone on this fucking board is obsessed with gaining muscle, and yeah, that certainly helps, no doubt at all about that. But no one seems to talk about sorting out your shitty skin or your rapist eyes or your alien chin.
>>
It makes me mad that I just dont know if I'm ugly because no one wants to hurt feelings anymore. I have low self esteem because I dont know if compliments are real.
Also I know the arms I see in the mirror are smaller than the real ones so I dont stress much about it
>>
>>39698491
If you're getting compliments they're probably genuine. Getting paranoid that people think you're ugly and the compliments are just made up is a clear sign of BDD. You'd have to be REALLY fucking autistic not to be able to pick out an actual "I'm just saying this because you look like shit and I'm scared for you" comment, in which case you've got bigger issues on your hands.

It's when people skirt compliments and try to avoid insults that you know you've got a problem.

It's the use of common semantics that is the tell-tale sign you really are ugly - "well you're not ugly, I just don't find you attractive" or "I wouldn't say you're fat, you're just a little well built" or "you're an average looking guy like everyone else really, none of us are supermodels".

My favourites were when I was skinny. I knew I was, it was perfectly fucking obvious. Yet people assumed I somehow didn't know and tried to skirt around it, while being really obvious and pointing it out all the time.
>>
>>39698441
people tell me I am good looking but I'm depressed so I think I'm not gonna make it
>>
It's hard to tell where to draw the line to be honest. I've never been diagnosed with BDD, but I do experience some dysmorphia. No matter what my weight is, I see myself as the same size. Lost 15lbs after having surgery and not being able to eat for two weeks (significant on a 5'1 frame). My family kept saying how thin I was, but I just couldn't see it. Wasn't until I tried some jeans on that I realized just how much I had lost. It can really fuck with you.
>>
same here
live in russia, psychotherapist prescribe me fluoxetine according BDD and depression, but i still cant look at mirror without disgust
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.