[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does running kill gains?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1476296177673.jpg (380KB, 740x924px) Image search: [Google]
1476296177673.jpg
380KB, 740x924px
and how much would i have to run, or how long would i need to run to have an effect?
i just recently started lifting but i run 3 times a week. it's only 5-10 km but i love the feeling it gives me. being able to run to the bus or sprint faster than everyone around me makes me feel superior. I'm wondering if running a small 5k between gym days would kill my gains?
I don't want to go back to being that person who runs out of breath after a few minutes of running
>>
>>39694365
as long as you eat enough you wont lose gains but you need to work out how much you eat cus ur body gets very confused when you start running those kinda distances.
>>
>>39694422
Expanding on this..

Your body will want to lose weight (muscle and fat) due to the large distances you run but as long as you supply it with the correct amount of calories it has no choice but to allocate them to the parts of ur body that need them.

So ur appetite may drop but as long as you consume enough your gains will not.
>>
>>39694365
This is just a fat powerlifter myth, they hate it when people have more running stamina and speed than them.
>>
>>39694365
You a chick or just pic for thread attention?
If you are female, then stop worrying about gains. Real men like feminine qts not muscular freak bitches- fit is fit, it's not like having a small build like OP pic related automatically means you're unfit. That chick is 12/10 would bang 3 times a night every night for a year.
>>
>>39694503
No one gives a fuck about your sexual preference and ur statement as nothing to do with the thread. Leave immediately.
>>
>>39694465
>>39694422

Not OP, but I'm presuming this is the same irregardless of the cardio?

I'm going to be bulking come Jan1st after a winter cut but I'm really pleased with how I've done on the bike and with skipping and don't want to lose my mad endurance gains. I do very intense 30min bouts (heartbeat 170+ throughout) as soon as I wake in the morning and I'd like to do this at least three times a week on 'rest' days (empty stomach, just a pre workout caffein drink).
>>
>run 5-10 km will help your sprint
/fit/ confirmed for never having played an actual sport, how shocking
>>
>>39694503

both. the pic is the cutest girl i've seen posted on fit.
i'm definitely not going to look like those girls who get posted with big muscly thighs, that takes at least a few years to achieve anyways. i want to burn my body fat but i enjoy running.
i don't ever want to run marathons or run for more than an hour but running feels great and i love the high. i was basically wondering if i could maintain gains if i only ran a few times a week or on rest days.
ideally i'd like something toned. i know you guys hate that word but i want muscle but not visible abs and bursting thighs, i don't have the time to be dedicated to such a level anyways.

just want a tight bod with no cellulite, be able to lift a good amount and still outrun most females.

>>39694465

thank you for the response, i really appreciate it ! i'm a bit scared (like every other female) of feeling fat but i know my body needs the nutrients to build muscle
>>
>>39694585
As long as you consume enough calories and work the muscle it will not get weaker.

The heart and lungs are muscles, feed them and work them and they will remain/get stronger like any other muscle.

If you work ur biceps to hard do your triceps get smaller? No because as long as you train them both and give them enough fuel they will continue to grow
>>
>>39694585
>>39694643
Just wanted to add... If you gain substantial size it may feel like ur endurance has gone down because ur heart and lungs need to work more to operate a larger body they are not weaker but they have more work to do. Which is why it's advantageous to be small when running long distances
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.