[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here a /fit/ first responder? I'm a Firefighter/EMT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8945.jpg (45KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8945.jpg
45KB, 400x400px
Anyone else here a /fit/ first responder? I'm a Firefighter/EMT out here in Seattle. I love the job but how do you guys combat the lack of sleep? Did Deadlifts yesterday and then pulled a 24 hour tour. Ran calls all night. No sleep. Am I going to lose all the gains, /fit/?
>>
Nah you'll be fine, just get some sleep today/tonight and you'll be fine.

I know the feel though, I'm a Firefighter and a medic, and it sucks when you spend a lot of time training and your coworkers want something shitty to eat at the station or you get toned out right as you can feel yourself drifting off.

How's Seattle though? I've heard it's a hard place to get into and it's always interested me.
>>
>>39681327
It's quite nice. Got the AMR contract so no transports unless it's ALS. Tons of Homeless/Psych issues though
>>
>>39681264
Actually in the process of becoming a Firefighter.
Interveiw tommorow.

Any advice, anecdotes or anything?
>>
>>39681641
Different departments interview differently. You're more than likely going to be asked simply "why do you want to be a firefighter?" Chiefs and Officers are tired of hearing "Because I want to help people." Be unique. But be someone that's assertive and stays busy. As a firefighter, on most days you're going to be cleaning more toilets than going on calls. It's always different. Just be reliable.
>>
Kinda. I'm a navy seals soldier and sometimes when i'm out of missons, i don't get much sleep!

sleep is important, however, you can do fine without it and can recover later, as long as you're not constantly going 24 hours with less then 5 hour sleep.

as we say in the military " UAHH"
>>
>>39681756
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>39681658
Tbh it's air force FireFighter - Civillian Fire Brigades just don't hire much/at all in my country. Hoping to move to Civvy once i've done my stretch in Her service
>>
>>39681334

Ah, we do exclusively 911 where I work. The local hospital takes care of all transports so it's nice to stay at the station unless we're on a call or doing training.

But don't worry about your gains bro, they'll catch up with you when you do get a chance to sleep.
>>
File: 1481656103279.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1481656103279.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>39681264
You're gonna lose all your gains bro. Nah, just sleep when you get home. A 24 hour tour isn't that much. Most career firefighters do 48s. My schedule is: 24-off-24-off-off-off-off-off-repeat. I do my routine on my five days off and spend my in-between day of my tour sleeping and being lazy. AMA.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.