[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 39

File: ff1.jpg (15KB, 400x310px) Image search: [Google]
ff1.jpg
15KB, 400x310px
Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Last thread
>>39669166

I'm Asian and mildly lactose intolerant (I don't get full on diarrhea but I get enormously gassy and my routine shit comes maybe an hour earlier than usual). Am I still fully absorbing the protein?
>>
Obviously not, when transit time is hastened you lose time for digestion

You can either
A) invest in lactaid and other lactose enzymes in which you're deficient
B) invest in non-lactose containing protein
>>
If I miss leg day, can I do it in the morning and arms at night?
>>
Whats with the sipping water in between sets meme?
>>
I am a morbidly obese heroin addict and will be getting clean from Boxing Day. In previous attempts I have found that at night from 6pm onwards I suffer a deep emptiness and depression where my cravings hit hardest and I feel my worst. My plan is to fill this void with exercise, and so I've bought some equipment to start a home gym but have no idea what exercises to do. I would ideally like to be able to exhaust myself every night rather than a full body routine only 3 days a week.

I've got a power rack with incline decline bench for squats and bench press, an olympic barbell, 100kg of weights, a set of adjustable dumbbells and 5 and 10kg kettle bells.

Any ideas on what to do with them?
>>
Can I ditch the back squat and do front squat only? Currently I do low bar on tuesday and front squat on friday.
>>
>>39680288
Greyskull
>>
File: 38569_1197829401907_full.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
38569_1197829401907_full.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
repostin'

I've recently moved back in with my Nanna after living with my now ex-girlfriend for 3.5 years out of the 5 year relationship. We broke up due to my lack of drive, anger about my shitty life and anxiety/depression for the same reason. Plus being NEET for the majority of the relationship.
Now I've had this massive kick up the ass, I want to get my life on track and hopefully prove I can be a productive human and not a waste of space.

So I took the squat rack, Olympic bar, Olympic dumbbell x 2 and the ~60kg worth of weights that we bought ages ago that I never got around to using, and have owned the Starting Strength book for years now barely having read it.
So now I'm keen to actually get stuck into proper weight lifting and bike riding, I'm about 5'8 and ~75kgs (I have no scales) and am looking to gain muscle mass / strength but lose the excess fat I've gained from being sedentary for so long, when I started the relationship I was around 65kg and was a cardio fiend at the gym (wanted to get into weights but too self conscious to learn in a room full of people who know what they are doing).

So I guess what I want to know is, is SS going to be a good start for me, and if so how important is diet? Living with my Nanna it's going to be near impossible to eat proper healthy dinners as she wants to eat with me but won't want to eat chicken breast + veggies every night, but my other two meals I have absolute control over (not that I've eaten much the past week+ due to the break up sadness), and I don't drink soft drink, only water and sometimes cordial for a bit of flavour.

Other question is, is riding bike 2-3 times a week going to impact anything to do with my lifting? Like I said I want to be lean but also strong, maybe swimmers body but with a bit more bulk as I don't want to become a turbomanlet with huge body on tiny frame (pic related).

Any other advice about where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>39680343
SS is good, greyskull is better for your goals. Diet is extremely important. Eat what your nana makes but try to fill on veggies and protein (chicken, eggs, lean beef, stakes). Explain why its important you eat certain foods, shell understand.

Riding a bike is good for you, nothing bad.

Read the SS book for form advice, dont do GOMAD. Also leave fit never post here, this place is poisonous.
>>
>>39680387
How does Greyskull differ from SS?

Also I'm the one who's going to be doing the majority of the cooking, but it's an electric stove top + oven which is an absolute cunt to cook anything effectively with, especially on the stove top. And my Nanna is fairly unhealthy, especially since I moved out from here 3 years ago because she never really bothered to take care of herself, she loves snacking and says she's excited to 'eat well' again, but then she'll buy packets of chips and cakes from the shop. None of which interests me at least, so there's no temptation there.

My diet roughly so far consists of:

Breakfast
1 Cup of Oats + Lactose free milk (no GOMAD because I'll probably be hospitalised due to intolerance) for breakfast, maybe cup of tea
Lunch
???? (I've really struggled to be a lunch eater my whole life, or even a breakfast eater for that matter, probably the only reason I didn't turn into an absolute hambeast the past few years)

Dinner
Steamed vegies or mixed salad (no dressing) with some kind of potato (mashed/boiled) and a meat (crumbed fish, tenders, lamb chops) and water for drink.

Now I'm working out I'm probably going into calorie deficit which isn't my goal, but I've never been a big eater. I need to fix this somehow.
>>
>>39680501
On GS you do rows or chins every workout.

Monday
Low bar squat 3x5
Bench Press/ Press 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline flyes 2x10-12
Rear delt flyes 2x10-12

Wednesday
Press/ Bench Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Deadlift: 1x5
Weighted Chin: 2 x 6-8
Lateral raises 2x10-12
Curl variant 2x10-12

Friday
Low bar squat 3x5
Bench Press/Press: 2 x 5, 1 x 5+
Pendlay row 3x5
Incline flyes 2x10-12
Rear delt flyes 2x10-12

Thats one version of GS.

Thats not enough protein. Try to eat some meat/tuna/eggs for lunch. Dont eat tuna everyday or youll get mercury poisoning. Peanut butter is easy calories if you need them.
>>
File: 1461352444466.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1461352444466.png
37KB, 700x600px
>>39680605
I found this relating to Greyskull and it does look a lot more well rounded (and fun) than SS.

This is my first week lifting and I've only been doing the barbell to get familiarised with the motions (my front thighs are feeling it even with no weight on the bar, either I fucked up somewhere or it's just DOMS), so I think I'll finish up with SS this week and start this Greyskull routine next week. Do I need to start with the barbell again or do I need to find some kind of comfortable weight to start at? It doesn't say anything about that on the picture outside of how much to add each workout (going to need to buy more weight disks for sure).

And yeah my diet is very lacking, I'm going to be picking up 2 bags of protein this weekend and start adding a shake to my diet on top of having a proper lunch. Is bread the devil though? I love wholemeal bread and would be more than happy to have various sandwiches for lunch, especially as I'll be working full time soon so I'll need something relatively easy to make up the day before.
>>
File: muhroutine.png (42KB, 396x958px) Image search: [Google]
muhroutine.png
42KB, 396x958px
I ended up catching a flu and missing my workout.

Pic related is my routine. I missed the lower power day, and may have to take tomorrow off as well.

Wut do?
>>
File: OUcEY.png (47KB, 547x465px) Image search: [Google]
OUcEY.png
47KB, 547x465px
When it says alternating does it mean alternating between the two exercises during that session or doing the opposite exercise in the next session?
>>
>>39680767
Don't do the accessories.
>>
Who are ya? What are you going here?
>>
>>39680800
Alternating isn't "superset."
>>
Elbows recently started hurting whenever im halfway through a set of pushups, pain very tolerable but could lead to something worse, what do
>>
File: handles (2).jpg (5KB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
handles (2).jpg
5KB, 240x184px
>>39681087
Are you using this?
>>
How do I figure out how much I should lift? Just go straight for the heaviest I can lift or something thats just a bit of a challenge?
>>
>>39681107
If it's the first time that you do an exercise be conservative. Go for a weight that you can do as many reps as you should do but not going to failure on the first set.
>>
>>39681116
alright, cool. thanks.
>>
When I do pullovers, should I rest my entire back on the bench or just the upper part as I have seen some dudes doing?
>>
>>39680144
Full body engaged! But I don't see much of a problem. Just be sure to get some rest in afterwards
>>
>>39680317
What's wrong with back squatting?
>>
File: marcus.jpg (29KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
marcus.jpg
29KB, 500x214px
>>39680288
now I've seen it all, a fat junkie
>>
How come generally after deadlifting, if I don't wear a belt I can get sore in my hamstrings and some lower back, whereas if I wear a belt my entire back is sore. Lower back, erectors, traps, rhomboids basically everything but the lats.
>>
>>39680120
What's the lowest possible amount of kcals I am allowed to eat without losing all my muscles?
>>
>>39681516
That is not how it works. Go back to the sticky and read about cutting.
>>
>>39681557
So I can eat nothing and won't lose muscles as long as I work out?
>>
>>39681564
Oh, it's bait. I'm sorry I replied.
>>
>>39681564
That's not me.

>>39681557
Sticky doesn't answer this question.
>>
How do you recognize someone that uses anabolic?
>>
File: wematched.png (383KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
wematched.png
383KB, 1080x1920px
How do I stop feeling the weight is more prominent on one side? This only happens when I squat.

Any tips or cues to avoid this?
>>
>>39681503
Being your lower back the limiting factor, when using a belt you take off of your back some of the weight, so you can get the rest of the muscles worked. If you don't use it, the main muscles get sore before and the secondary can't get enough.
>>
>>39681594
They have smaller than average balls.
>>
>fat monstrosity who eats away his depression

Went to a psychiatrist and am on Lexapro
2 weeks later, I've lost over 10 pounds just from not eating. Although I'm getting in 500 calories a day, I don't feel starved or malnourished.

I guess where I'm getting at is, are anti anxiety/depression meds okay to use for weight loss? Anyone have similar stories?
>>
>>39681594
Giant traps and lats, stretch marks, bloated belly.
>>
>>39681594
There are some vidoes and articles on this. Generally they mentioned that there's a size limit with wrists as comparable ratio.
>>
My biceps are really uneven, is it worth limiting my right bicep gains so my left can catch up or should I just keep working both as hard as I can
>>
>>39681591
Because you don't have any reading comprehension.

It depends.

A huge 120kg giant will lose a lot of mass if they eat 1500 calories a day. Whereas a small guy at 60kg can manage on that.

Your body uses a base amount of energy per day, stress and activities increases the amount of energy needed to sustain.
>>
If I can keep doing an exercise at the same intensity should I just keep doing sets of it?

e.g. I can do 3-4 chinups, rest for a minute, do another set of 3-4 chinups, I can like keep going forever.

Yesterday I did 7 sets of 3-4 chinups without any problems at all. Would it make a difference if I did 10, 20, 30 etc sets of chinups, as long as I am doing them properly?

I dont know why, but I have no problem doing like 3 or 4 chinups, but after that I just stall.
>>
>>39681649
Why do you even answer if you cannot help me out.

>it depends

fuck you
>>
>>39681650
Not exactly, if you want to make progress you need to .. well progress. I'm not saying doing a ton of 3-4 chinups wont do anything if you do enough sets of them, but you are much better off progressing them somehow.

Do 5, rest 2 mins, do 6, rest 3 mins, do 7 then next time simply aim for 3 sets of 8 or 10.

Or, add weight and do 3-4, add more weight do 3-4, add more weight do 3-4.
>>
>>39681673
Holy shit you are beyond salvation dude.

There is not a single person in this goddamn universe that could answer your question when you don't give any kind of information to work with. Height, weight, exercise density, diet. There are many factors to this and I've already told you the fucking sticky ACTUALLY DOES explain this but you are too dumb to do anything but stare at it without reading.
>>
>>39681704
Well the problem that I cant do more than 3-4 even though it is my first set, so it is not like an option to rest longer to be able to do more.

I will however attempt with added weight to see if I can still do 3-4 of them.
>>
Bulking for 6 months now. In the past 3-4 days I started feeling bad: always full amd I feel like puking for hours after finishing a meal (5 meals/day so all day puke stimulus). I didnt recently increase my caloric intake. What could it be? What do?
>>
Do any of you guys have different calorie goals for the weekend vs weekdays?

I eat less during the week, but then pig out a bit more during the weekend.
>>
>>39681720
Just keep trying for that 5th chinup dude. Trying to lift within your current capabilities isn't how strength training works.
>>
>>39681707
>>39681673
anon is right, as your LBM goes up, so does your BMR so asking us how many calories you can eat without at least giving us your weight is just retarded

>>39681650
>>39681720
if you just do more sets you're not really progressing, progression should be a major staple in your workout routine

>>39681634
they will catch up eventually, just stop doing bicep curls when your left one gives out even if you could still do some with your right one

>>39681618
honestly I'd stop eating that little, eventually you will crash
That little calories is key for losing muscle eventually as well

>>39681598
I dont think you ever will, squats still feel like right side is lighter even though i'm in the middle of the barbell

>>39681331
it doesn't matter

>>39680149
it's a meme, you dont have to sip water in between sets

>>39681594
honestly, you can never be sure, I know some natty guys who are massive and I know roided guys who are smaller than me

>>39681734
could be you just have a stomach virus. also what are you eating?

>>39681740
I dont do this on purpose but it tends to happen since the senpai comes over in the weekend to catch up so we make large meals, try to limit this unless you lift in the weekends as well
>>
>>39680739
>find some kind of comfortable weight to start a
Do this

Breads fine if you can "afford" the calories. Its not that filling vs the amount of calories it has.
>>
Is there anything other than a ridiculously extra strength antiperspirant that I could use to help with armpit sweat? I can take a shower, put on antiperspirant and a t-shirt, and in 15 minutes have the starts of sweat stains under my arms. The only thing I ever used that kept me totally dry was that certain-dri stuff, but it can't be good for regular use either I'd imagine.
I've even tried no antiperspirant but I've always been very self-conscious about being smelly.
>>
>>39680800
Week one do bench and week two do ohp
>>
>>39681767
Might be worth going to the doctor for a checkup then.
I eat the usual stuff:
Brown rice and bread, veggies, fruits, oats, chicken, turkey, cob, salmon, eggs lean beef nuts etc
>>
>>39681598
Are you sure you're centering yourself under the bar? Get under it, unrack it, and if it doesn't feel sturdy, put it back and try again.
>>
>>39681788
nope, some people just sweat more than others bro, I am the same way
I just change shirts every day (sometimes a few times a day) and use antiperspirant
>>
>>39681803
if your diet hasnt changed or none of your habits have, it won't be something you did so yeah get some blood work maybe
>>
>>39681809
Kinda thought so. My dad is the same way. Thanks anon.
>>
When should you switch from linear progression to something else?
>>
>>39681922
When you stop progressing, switch programs.
>>
>>39681720
I have a hard time believing then you do 3-4 with perfect/good form then you can't do a 5th. If however, for some reason then you need to do 3/4 like normal and then (no rest) do another 3-4 "negatives" until you can do a 5th, then do 3-4 more negatives until you can do a 6th, etc.
>>
>>39681808
I'm guessing that I am since I tried to move a little bit to the opposite side to "balance it out" but I was actually off balance when I did it.

But I am in a shitty gym (college) and I can't check if I am dead center or not because no mirrors and I am too autistic to ask for help and go to the gym when nobody is around.
>>
>>39681767
>I dont think you ever will, squats still feel like right side is lighter even though i'm in the middle of the barbell
this is also my case. wtf is going on? maybe uneven floors or legs?
>>
sprinting before running or running before sprinting on cardio days?
>>
>>39681618
Taking meds to lose weight is probably healthier than being fat, but you should learn how to cut without meds if u wanna get fit
>>
What exercise can I do to replace OHP? I can't do overhead pressing movements because of injury.

I've been doing lateral raises and front raises for shoulders.
>>
does this look like a decent warmup progression?

8x20
5x42.5
5x50
4x55
3x62.5
4x5x65

5x60
4x80
3x90
2x95
2x100
2x5x105

bench and deadlift respectively, weights are in kg
>>
>>39681933
I didnt yet reach 1/2/3/4, but I'm having huge problem and fail a lot. People told me to eat more but Im already gaining 1lb/week or more constanly and I dont wanna gain more fat than muscle. Do you think I should switch?
>>
>>39682067
In addition to that do exercises the work the chest and tris
>>
>>39682098
lifts, how long lifting, bodyweight?
>>
can somebody provide link to a 3600-4000 calories/day mealplan?
Need some inspo.
>>
File: 1477479094882.png (7KB, 351x322px) Image search: [Google]
1477479094882.png
7KB, 351x322px
How do I avoid brushing my dick when doing barbell shrugs?
>>
>>39682120
When I was getting fat, I was eating 2x king size snickers, 2x little debbie variety snacks (brownies, nutty bars), 2x 32oz fountain sodas, a grab bag of chips, then I'd order pizza for dinner, and have a few cans of soda before making 3-4 bowls of cereal before I went to bed.
>>
>>39682099
already doing bench. injury also prevents me from doing dips with proper depth
>>
when I'm making eggs, I grab a stick of butter and use it like a crayon to make my pan not as sticky, do I need to record that with my calorie intake, or is it not that important?

I also add a pinch of salt & pep, but never add it into the equation when counting calories.
>>
>>39682140
wher r de protons
>>
>>39682111
1/1.7/2.5/3.1 1RM, 6 months lifting. Gone from 65 kg to 77 kg in this period of time
>>
>>39682083
It's too much volume for me. For bp do 20xbar and 10x50â„… and then do 3 working sets. For dl you could do 8x1pl8, 5x1.5pl8 and then 3x1 at your working weight that seeing that you do 2x5 whit 105kg you are doing it wrong, go for a weight that you can do just 1 or 2 reps and do two sets of them. That weight should be 120kg or so currently.
>>
>>39682140
thats mindless eating of junk, thats not a meal plan for a decent bulk
>>
>>39682154
butter is ~80% fat and you're probably using 5-10 grams of it (try weighing it before and after if you have a scale sdensitive enough), so you're looking at ~60 calories. record it ifyou're on a tight cunt, forget about it if you're bulking

exactly zero calories in salt; and pepper (and spices in general) are calorie-dense being extremely low in water content, but you're using way less than one gram per serving, so you can completely disregard that
>>
>>39680120
Is IIFYM a meme ?
Like if i eat almost all of my proteins in my noon meal and some in the afternoon, will i be okay if i take enough of them ?
>>
>>39682160
By linear progression are you saying you've been doing SS/GSLP/SL?

>>39682126
Don't wear loose boxers

>>39682210
Yes, you'll be fine.
>>
>>39682236
Yes. /fit/ sticky's gslp to be exact.
>>
Where to buy sweatpants to lift/jog in?
>>
>>39682258
Ok, I would do an early intermediate/late novice program like Candito's Linear program. You can probably progress on it for 3-6 months before needing more advanced programming.
>>
>>39682327
Thank you brother. Will look it up.
>>
Reposting,, since i got no replies.
Former fatass here. I was on cut since i started lifting. Been doing modified starting strength with pendlay rows instead of power cleans. Now that most of my lifts have stalled (except for DL which is still slowly increasing ), i am thinking about switching to intermediate, but i dont know if i am intermediate yet. I'm 175 cm 64,5 kg and my stats (5RM) are:
SQ 110 kg
BP 72 kg
OHP 55 kg
DL 141 kg
Now my question is, should i switch to intermediate program? If yes, which one? I was
considering Texas Method. Also should i bulk? I'm pretty skinny but still have bellyfat.
>>
>>39682453
Based on height/weight you sound skinny, maybe skinnyfat but still relative. As for being intermediate or not if you are no longer able to make gains and you have done deloads then it may be time to switch. There is not a real hard and fast "rule" (despite what /fit/ might say) on what lifts qualify you to be intermediate.

Intermediate is more about no longer making linear gains, having a good strength base, comfortable with the movements and still looking to progress but understand progress will be slow. I wouldn't get caught up on to much on the transition from beginner to intermediate. If you have been lifting consistently for awhile now then you likely are intermediate and the ratio for most of your lifts to your weight are pretty good.

As for "intermediate" programs to switch to its really about what your goals are. TM is going to have you continuing to make strength based goals. A program like PHUL might be nice as it gives you that strength and a little more hypertrophy but does require 4 days a week. A program like PHAT requires 5 days but allows you deliver more of your physique that might be being missed by only doing compound lifts (although I would say PHAT volume is alot to just jump into if your coming from doing just your standard 3x a week SS).

So to really give a recommendation it depends on...Your goals? How many days a week can you train? How long can your sessions be?

Finally as for bulking, only bulk if you are okay with committing the next 6-8 months on a slow bulk. If you can't and only want to do like a 8-10 week bulk, then keep cutting or finding your maintenance until your ready to bulk for a long period of time slowly.

As you leave the beginner stages of lifting muscle gains are slower and doing "mini" bulks and "mini cuts" will just leave you at exactly the same place you were when you started. Your physique will simply look the same so only do it if your willing to do it for a long period of time.
>>
>>39682126
use dumbbells or find the machine that lets you hold weight on sides...please tell me you're doing shrugs correctly instead of ZEROOOO reps
>>
>>39682453
>>39682761
I also wanted to add if you have been cutting and on SS for the duration of your cut I would recommend moving to maintenance for 4-8 weeks at least and see if you can grind out a little more linear progress.

Understand that cutting is going to really hurt your strength gains so you should if you have stalled hard enough to think about switching programs to at least find your maintenance and stay on the program a bit longer to squeeze out all the gains you can. You will never see a bigger strength increase to your base then when your a "beginner" so don't be too in a hurry to leave it behind.
>>
File: 1457669193031.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1457669193031.webm
2MB, 640x360px
I'm getting my secret santa a big tub of protein powder. What brand is recommended?
>>
>>39682761
Thanks. Actually i started lifting 1,5 year ago, and am doing SS since almost a year. Lost 40 kg in process. Actually my bench has gone down at the highest point it was 77 kg and my OHP was highest 57kg. But my Squat and deadlift progressed. I started stalling somewhere like few months ago as i was cutting at 1500kc, only recently i switched to 1800kc. Now i wanted to try reverse diet by adding 100kc weekly and i thought that maybe i would try slow bulk at 200/300kc. My point is i dont know if when i pass over my maintenance calories i should start Texas Method (my primary goal is strength but, i guess with strength comes looks aswell) I will try to post some pics of my body if that helps.
>>
I have minimal degenerative changes in my right si joint in my hip causing my hip alignment and back pain. My pt said they could put it back into place after a while. Is this true or bs
>>
What's a good weight lifting routine for cutting/weight loss in general? I tried SS last time but didn't feel like it didn't do much since I couldn't increase on any of the lifts during a cut. I do cardio on top but want to keep lifting as well.

>>39682826
Probably something cheaper that works just as well, but I use this.
>>
>>39682963
low rep + low calorie
>>
>>39682866
You can post pictures if you want but not sure it would really change my recommendation. If you count your macros it should be pretty easy to find your maintaince. Just weigh yourself everyday at the same time, take an average, and every week, slowly add 100-200 calories until your weight is virtually the same for all 7 days or a 2 week period and you are pretty much at your maintenance.

Keep in mind though when coming off a long weight loss period you will likely be a bit lower then you will be after your body readjusts to higher calories so you may be able to increase it further by 100-200 calories after 3-4 weeks of eating at maintenance. Also understand if you were on a low carb style diet (or lower then usual) you may add a little bit of immediate weight from water as you reintroduce those.

With that being said, TM is a great minimalist program but I find it to be (IMO) to bare bones. When you start as a novice lifter its easy to focus on those compound lifts and ignore everything else because you don't have any real base for strength. As you approach your current max strength you reach a point where there are other factors that might hold you back. Obvious we talked about diet being one of those, but other muscle groups that are not worked directly will lag behind. Certain muscle groups respond better to higher volume (lateral head of shoulder comes to mind as an example) so for a more balance physique even for strength progression you may wish to add some volume to TM if your switching to that exclusively.
>>
I'm having some real issues advancing with my OHP. I believe it's because of mobility issues since all my other lifts are moving along steadily. Youtube brought me to the stretch involving moving the broomstick over your head and it turns out i have some MASSIVE flexibility issues doing that. Should I be doing that stretch? How long should I do it for? Should it be done daily/more?
>>
>>39682872
Bump please
>>
>>39682963
I am of the opinion there is no "best" or even 'great' cutting routine. If you lifted before you started to cut then you should keep doing your routine. If you are just adding weight training and have never lifted before something like SS is recommended because you are not going to really gain much in the way of muscle during a cut, all your trying to do is to maintain what muscle mass you have by signaling to your body "Hey keep this muscle see we are lifting heavy shit" (IE: use it or lose it philosophy).

Additionally due to rest times and things weight lifting doesn't burn as many calories as you might suspect. Cutting is 80% diet, 20% everything else. So focus on that more then anything.
>>
>>39683055
Likely you have both shoulder and upper back flexibility issues. Likely you also have rounded shoulders and/or forward head posture. I would recommend the "shoulder dislocates" 2-3 times a day.

Alan Thrall has a descent video on it and other ones you may wish to check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKc6hwPvsHg
>>
>>39682872
It depends on the cause. There are alignment issues and there are generic/physical growth differences. Unless you have a really good PT (most are shit) I would say your better off seeing someone about it. A doctor, even a chiropractor. Before either though I would work on your hip mobility and check yourself for posture issues as that is often the primary cause of back pain.
>>
>>39683093
>>39682988
Cool, thanks. I'll stick with my routine then.
>>
File: DSC_0003.jpg (2MB, 5648x2420px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0003.jpg
2MB, 5648x2420px
>>39683022
>>39682761
Here are my pics as i promised. Dont know if that changes anything. On the right im right after training. I just want to know if im safe to start slow bulk. I dont want to get fat again i was lardass for long enough. Also could you estimate my bf% please?
>>
>>39683130
>Likely you also have rounded shoulders and/or forward head posture

That's exactly spot on. How long do you recommend i do the stretches in the video for every day?
>>
File: DSC_0010.jpg (3MB, 4488x3984px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0010.jpg
3MB, 4488x3984px
>>39683244
Diffrent pics also after training. I should probably add that i additionally to SS i have done chinups and pullups, and before when i was doing meme routines i did dips and bicep curls
>>
>>39683244
>>39683270
I'm terrible with BF% so I wouldn't be able to even hazard a guess. However, I will say great progress, especially starting as overweight you got yourself to a great point.
>>
Is it normal to feel itchy when stretching?
>>
>>39683152
Yeah I hurt mysslf doing squats not knowing about my alignment issue I was very conscious of my form and posture but I guess the years of bad posture caught up. Do you believe if I am more aware and get it correct by the pt it will in time level out?
>>
So I have a back injury and my doctor gave me a bunch of core exercises and stretches to do to help it. Thing is, is that I want to get back into lifting.

Are those ab exercises going to hinder my progress on lets say a deadlift or squat?

Should I do the exercises before or after my workout?
>>
>>39683257
It's tough as everyone reacts differently, I myself had similar posture issues and it took about 2 months to get to a more normal posture. Easy way to test your shoulders posture is to put your hands at your sides and relax you arms (don't try to pull your shoulders back or anything to start with, just stand as you always do).

The more your thumbs point "toward" each other and the less they "point" forward the more work you have to do. Your goal should be to reach the point where when you stand normal your thumbs point straight forward.

So when your standing there normal, thumbs pointing toward each other, lift your upper chest up so its "straight" this should roll/put your shoulders in a proper neutral position and you will notice your thumbs should pretty much be straight. Thats the point you want to get to without having to "force yourself" to remember to do that.
>>
>>39683319
Thanks man. It's the first time in my life i heard (or read) something good about my body or my training. Anyway do you think i can bulk? As i said i started reverse dieting but im still unsure if i should go with it over maintenance.
>>
>>39683346
after squats and deadlifts
and do those two for >10 reps until you recover
>>
>>39683377
It looks like you should be able to bulk to me, sometimes people that have a lost a large amount of weight can have some body issues that make them really hesistant to do it right but it seems like you are in a great place. My suggestion would be to go up about 200 calories each week as you find your maintenance and once you find it just add another 200-300 and slowly go up as you lift and progress.
>>
>>39683331
Again it depends on the cause if your cause is mostly posture and alignment you should be able to fix it by stretching it, working out the muscle and strengthening other muscles to balance it out, typically tilts and things are caused by weak muscles in one area and tight in another. Just know that there are sometimes genetic and physical problems and no amount of training can really fix that.
>>
>>39683437
Thanks! Will do that.
>>
>>39683412
Thank you. I was overthinking it
>>
File: 1344802843381.jpg (224KB, 1640x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1344802843381.jpg
224KB, 1640x1050px
I hate training back. The only back day exercise I like are deadlifts, which I love.

what other exercises should I try instead? this is what I usually do for back

Deadlifts (like)
pull ups (neutral)
v-bar cable rows (hate)
lateral pulldowns (hate)
DB rows (hate)
>>
>>39683533
I do a lot of deadlifts and I superset my bench with dumbbell rows and my The Press with chinups, thats it for back
I have no problems with rounded shoulders and my back looks pretty aesthetic as far as I can tell
>>
>>39681989
probably to do with right leg being stronger than my left even after years of lifting

>>39681996
warm up with short sprints, then run

>>39682261
you can buy those literally everywhere, just go to a sports store or something

>>39683330
could be you're overstretching a nerve
>>
Since I didn't get an answer in the last one:
is there any reason to get Adipowers/Romaleos if I can get to the bottom of the squat with good form in my Powerlift 3?
>>
>>39683690
nope
>>
>>39683690
you didn't get an aswer because it's a stupid question
you already have expensive, working weightlifting shoes; you don't need to buy another model
>>
Will GOMAD give me gyno?
>>
>>39683865
gomad leads to oveweight wich can cause pseudogyno. will go away when you cut again

don't do gomad brah
>>
The sticky says which foods to eat and avoid but is there a plan somewhere that gives the most effective cut for overweight people?
>>
>>39683865
Gomad wont give you gyno, but can make you fat so it looks like you have gyno
dont do it, just eat enough

>>39683920
No plans, calculate your BMR and eat 500 calories less, use myfitnesspal
>>
>>39683920
this>>39683939
and maybe you find this interesting
http://www.custommealplanner.com/
>>
>>39683533
Honestly mostly back is alot of row variants. My favorite is Pendlay. But bent over and Yates are fine. You can also try rack chins, but honestly hard to recommend anything. In general, if I hate an exercise it falls into one of two groups

1) I don't feel it where I feel like I should
2) Its stressful on my body.

If its #1 its likely a form or weight issue. If its #2, then its working. Dunno what else to say man.
>>
why the fuck does my lower back feel like it's not recovering properly? i'm eating very well and sleeping well so those shouldn't be an issue, but after deadlifting my lower back feels really sore, specifically on the left side, there's a weird ache that radiates down the left side of my leg when I move my back a certain way, right side is completely fine. I think it's something to do with my sciatic nerve? It's been like this since I started lifting, I can't even pull over 225 without worrying about injuring my lower back, and by the time I do squats my lower back still feels really sore even though I eat enough and do everything correctly, what's up with that? Is it my DL form? I do more of a stiff legged deadlift it seems, I try to keep my hips high and I feel my hamstrings work a lot more, should I be lowering my hips to resemble more of a squat position?

Also for anybody with lower back problems, any exercise recommendations that helped relieve the aches/soreness?
>>
>>39684149
Likely seems form related. It should be a hinge pattern not a squat so it sounds like your doing it right but my suggestion would be to practice doing RDL.

It sounds like your locking out your knees/hips and then "straightening" your back for lockout putting all of the emphasis on your lower back. But its hard to say without seeing for sure.
>>
Is rowing 3 times a week fine as a novice? (145lb row)
>>
>>39684197
Rowing multiple times a week is fine, but I guess my question would be how are you progressing it? Just doing it three times a week is now the same as adding weight or reps everytime and then the next question is are you following a program or putting something together yourself? IE: What plan are you following that has you rowing three days a week?>
>>
File: 1436985984463.jpg (363KB, 2048x1972px) Image search: [Google]
1436985984463.jpg
363KB, 2048x1972px
will creatine show up on a steroids test?
>>
>>39684220
Why would it? It is not a steroid. If they test for creatine though, your fucked.
>>
>>39684246
Looks like everyone fucking failed because your body makes creatine automatically. Stop wasting your time, money and hair on creatine. Your body automatically stores as much as creatine as possible in your muscles.

The few, marginal amount of studies that say it does anything shows usually a P level of around 0.1 which can be chalked up to placebo, P-hacking, or just inconsistent sample. That P-level is not deemed worth publishing.
>>
>>39684220
Yes, hand in your natty card asap
also sorry about your tiny balls from taking it
>>
File: fitzgslp.jpg (121KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fitzgslp.jpg
121KB, 700x600px
I'm on pic related and am doing pendlay rows, I feel like I can't hit them without rounding my back. Are there any other barbell row variants that I can do? Anything that might be better? I need bigger lats to balance my physique.
Is there anything else I should add to this routine that it neglects (ie. facepulls)? Other people have suggested dumbell rows, are there any advantages to barbell rows besides the fact that they also work out your lower back?
>>
>>39684217
I'm doing ICF 5x5 so progression is add 5lb when I hit 5x5, on A day I do heavy sets, then on B day I do the same weight but 10% lighter
>>
>>39683920
Granted there are different ways and mentalities to follow when it comes to weight loss. People have lost weight only eating McDonalds.

The primary driver of weight loss will be being in a calorie deficit. Then your various macro breakdowns (how much carbs, protein, fats you consume). Then micro nutritions/vitamins. Then everything else.

So the food themselves don't directly matter. You simply need to burn more then you take in. However, to feel fuller throughout the day, to have better health, most of that food should come from "clean" food, this is how you can get the recommended 0.8-1g per lb of body weight of protein and only 20-30% of your calories from fats. And then filling in the rest with good carbs.

So your focus should be on finding your TDEE and cutting ~500 (as previously recommended) from that number. Then eat that many calories using the macros I outlined roughly

0.8-1g per lb of BW for protein
20-30% of daily calories in fats
Carbs = Whatever is left
>>
i did SL for about 3 months and made no muscle gains even though my strength increased, I come on here and see dyels change their bodies within 3-4 months you can see noticeable differences, I ate a lot too, should I switch to something with accessory work? i know SL is a meme
>>
>>39684270
I will respectfully disagree. I personally know I retain a significant amount more water on and off creatine from my own personal experience.

>>39684298
As long as your progressing it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>39684280
Bent over rows, yates rows and 1 arm DB rows are fine, just try to be strict about them.

I guess the next question I'd have is are you trying to do too heavy on pendlay rows that is causing the problem? Are you getting tight before the pull?
>>
>>39684314
The biggest problem with SL it how it starts with the bar. If your female or maybe 120 lbs wet then starting with the bar isn't that bad. But for anybody else its a giant waste of fucking time. Otherwise SL is a good strength based program. Its not going to give bodybuilding type results.

Personally I like the Greyskull LP for beginners, if you only want to put 3 days into lifting. 4 days, upper/lower something like Candito's or 6 days a novice PPL.
>>
what is good 4 day split?
>>
>>39684327
creatine supplementation makes you hold water, he is right though your body produces it naturally
just not in the concentrations that make you hold that much water

>>39684585
PHUL
>>
>>39684615
Correct, that is the part I was referencing. Our body can use more creatine then it makes for most people. There are admittedly some people who seem to be immune to its effects. I am not one of those.

>>39684585
PHUL is a good one plan as suggested. I also like Candito's Upper/Lower split. Basically most UL splits are 4 days so you should look at those.
>>
>>39683270
>>39683244
I like your shower
>>
>>39684339
Thanks for the answer, I keep trying to go lighter on pendlays in order to get the form right, but I can only keep proper form on reps of 10 at extremely light weights. When I do this, I don't "feel" it in my lats. When I try to go heavier, I start losing form around my 6-8th rep. I also attempt to tighten my core an brace myself before the rows, but it's the same issue as above. In general, I seem to have issues tightening my core. It's easy to do it when I have no weights, but when I start deadlifting, rowing, etc. I can't keep my core tight. Any tips regarding the rows and/or bracing? Thanks again.
>>
File: printer.jpg (37KB, 640x627px) Image search: [Google]
printer.jpg
37KB, 640x627px
I keep reading/seeing that good squat form has your shins at 90 degrees with the ground (straight) but if I don't have my knees pointed a little forward I'll fall backwards because of the weight

What am I doing wrong?

Squatting about 150kg
>>
>>39684771
how the hell do you even squat with your shins perpendicular to the ground?
let your knees track far if you want, olympic weightlifters do this and I reckon they can squat a lot more than anyone here
>>
>>39684771
Do you high or low bar squat? Typically high bar squatting your knee angle (because of ankle angle) will not be 90 degrees which is where things like weight lifting s hoes come into place.

If you low bar thats different. If I had to guess I could think of only two major things. Torso lean/angle. And/or the bar is not over the center of your foot, its closer to your heel therefore you want to fall back.

Keep in mind though that peoples squat form varys quite alot based on tons of factors, torso and limb lengths, flexibility, placement of bar relative to hip bend, slight anatomy differences, etc. So I guess it comes down to if you think its a problem or not. Or will hold you back later.
>>
>>39681394
heroin does basically the opposite of meth up to and including making you hungry
>>
>>39684840
High bar
My trainers could be a big issue I guess, I'll take em off & find out, cheers.

Like you say, anatomy is also an issue so it's no major biggie
>>
File: 1477224822238.jpg (696KB, 2007x1304px) Image search: [Google]
1477224822238.jpg
696KB, 2007x1304px
>>39680288
>I am a morbidly obese heroin addict
Lived in the Heroin capital of Europe for 20 years, never seen a fat guy on gear. You must be rich

>and so I've bought some equipment to start a home gym
If you're trying to get off gear then your best bet is joining a gym. If you want to get strong or fit then your best bet is also joining a gym. Join a gym

>but have no idea what exercises to do
Read the sticky

>I would ideally like to be able to exhaust myself every night rather than a full body routine only 3 days a week.
HIIT and cardio fit the bill, not resistance training

>Any ideas on what to do with them?

Also stop spending money before you even know what you want and why you're spending it or you're going to end up bankrupt as well
>>
>>39680120
What does "ISHGYYHT" or whatever the letters are mean?
>>
currently bench pressing 110kg / 242.5 lbs 3x5

i can do 115kg / 253.5 lbs 2x5 then 1x7, but at that weight my shoulder always gets fucked up for a few days afterwards

i've made sure i have strict form and so i've concluded that my shoulder muscles are weaksauce

>question: what exercises are best for strengthening those tiny ass shoulder muscles?

i'm doing OHP at 75kg / 165.3 lbs 3x5 but it's not enough / not hitting the right muscles apparently
>>
>>39685138

QTDDTOT means q"uestions that don't deserve their own thread"

ISHYGDDT means "i sure hope you guys don't do this"
>>
>>39680120
How do I achieve fitness?
>>
>>39685193
>75kg ohp
>small shoulder muscles

how does this work?
>>
>>39685375

well my shoulders are getting pretty big, but there's lots of different muscles in there

i'm also somewhere between 90 and 100kg bw, not sure since i stopped weighing myself ages ago so relative to bw it's not that much
>>
>>39685193
For the most part OHP works the front and side (to some degree). If you want to round out the shoulder, you should do facepulls and side lateral raises.
>>
File: Phrak Greyskull LP.png (167KB, 542x461px) Image search: [Google]
Phrak Greyskull LP.png
167KB, 542x461px
>>39685493

thanks, can i add those to accessories on shoulder days or is it too much volume? currently doing Phrak's Greyskull

probably gonna switch program to something a bit more advanced after christmas, linear progression and AMRAP isn't really working anymore, still progressing, but much slower now

Texas Method recommended?
>>
>>39685518

by shoulder days i mean the days where i do OHP and rows (pendlay's)
>>
>>39681618
I wouldn't use your meds like that. I'd talk to your doctor.
>>
File: MUH BACK.jpg (90KB, 1080x675px) Image search: [Google]
MUH BACK.jpg
90KB, 1080x675px
I do not have back pain right now, but a few years ago I had a sharp localised pain in the lower back.

Whenever I lied down back then, it was uncomfortable unless I lied on my side. I think I experienced sciatica just once and I think numbness in a leg, both momentarily.

During this time I was living a very sedentary life and had gotten overweight. The pain started after I deadlifted. The pain didn't last that long.

I was so worried I fucked my back up that I stopped deadlifting and did mainly hyperextensions with weights and I never had back pain doing these.
I'm now back to deadlifting but with lightweight doing sets 5x10, and feel now pain but this is like 3 years since my back pain.
>>
>>39680120
can someone tell me the highest DAILY dose that you can take for each of the following? Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B6
>>
>>39685648
OP here edit:no pain now
>>
>>39684361
But there's nothing stopping you from changing the starting weight on SL. If you're using the app, it actually asks for your existing stats when you start. You can also change the weight used on the workout page itself, where you log sets. You're dumb.
>>
File: pat macnamara.jpg (212KB, 671x615px) Image search: [Google]
pat macnamara.jpg
212KB, 671x615px
>>39680120
i havent lifted in a week, and i absolutely have no motivation to lift right now. last session i hit more weight than i have before. anybody else run into this? its almost like im anxious to lift because ill be lifting more than i have before. what the fuck is going on?
>>
what TDEE calc do you guys think has turned out the most accurate for you?

i got a little too fat my last bulk though i religiously followed my calories. thought my TDEE was actually lower than the calc said. but now while bulking again, i can't progress like i should. and i'm not even close to most of 1/2/3/4.having a hard time figuring out where it should be.

i lift 3x a week, basically completely sedentary the rest.

>tldr
TDEE. which or how?
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
Need some advice on HIIT workout.

I'm training on a bicycle atm, pic related.

I don't really know how to setup a scheme for my training.

Atm my warmup is 8-10 minutes, then I do 30 seconds of high resistance and 30 seconds of relaxing, repeating 15 times perhaps.

Is this too little?
>>
I think I just snapped my shit up a few months in to SS. What should I be doing in the meantime to recover but also not lose too many gains?
>>
>>39685917
TDEE, like anything without a doctor supervising, is just an estimate. If you are getting too fat or not gaining weight fast enough, you alter your intake.

Though my TDEE is shown as 2200, I lose almost 1.3 pounds each week at only a 500 calorie deficit, so I need to up my intake a little.
>>
When to start adding weights to pull-ups? I can do 9-10 now and seem to be stalling a bit. Should I add weights until I Can only do 5reps each set and progress from there?
>>
for every 10kg of weight i lose, i allow myself a massive cheat day, and when i say cheat day oh i mean it.

ihops for breakfast, then hit the buffet with some friends in the evening and just eat a bunch of shit during the day in general, i probably eat around 6k calories. But my cuts are pretty hard so i can lose that extra weight in 4 or 5 days

i started in january at 156kg and as of today i'm 116kg

do you approve of this? when do you prefer to have your cheat days? if you ever have them.
>>
I'm moderately strong in compound lifts (210kg DL/190kg Squat/85kg bench/70kg press), and approximately the weight I want to be (95kg, about 5kg over my goal of 90kg). I'm a bit of a fridge though and don't look strong of fit with clothes on. What program would be helpful to combat that; was thinking something I could drop into for 8 to 16 weeks?
>>
>>39686123
you dont need cheat days, just refeed days which are minimal in surplus actually
you up your carbs intake to get those leptin levels back up

in fact, you dont even need both if youre some kind of psycho that nothing affects psychologically speaking
>>
What happens if I try to lift something beyond my current strenght and simply do 3 reps at max?

Is equally as good as 8 reps of something lighter?
>>
>>39686183
Regarding muscle gain? No it's much worse for that
>>
I have horrible posture from my lower back to my ankles. Things I need to know when I squat my left knee bends over my foot going the same way my right foot naturally goes the right foot is fine. On my left ankle and heel there is pain from I believe bad posture in school growing up how do I fix thesebissues
>>
>>39686052
Yes
>>
>>39686202
how much reps should I do for gain mass?
>>
>>39686229
Common opinion says 8-12. But if it's lightweight it isn't going to do much for you

Which is why people recommend the 5 rep range because it allows you to better increase weight over time

Stick with 5
>>
>>39682126

can I just say anonymously I did a deadlift one time and it caught the tip of my dick and pulled upward. that shit was all over the place and it felt kind of alpha
>>
How am I supposed to do pullups if I can't do 1?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161213-185440.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161213-185440.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Bulk or cut brehs? Former fatty Never bulked before. Scared af of getting fat
>>
>>39686369
Does your gym have a pull-up assist machine?

If not (and even if it does), negatives and holds are the way to start.

For negatives: Jump up on the pull-up to the top position and slowly lower yourself down. Also try holding yourself at the top for time.

For holds: let yourself hang with your shoulders pulled back and switch between your shoulders retracted to looser. Try not to hang with your shoulders fully forward, always have a bit of pull in them.
>>
how much calories does one hour at the gym burns?

in average.
>>
File: image.jpg (315KB, 717x598px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
315KB, 717x598px
Beginner here, somewhere skinnyfat (not very fat though) in physique and only working out at home.

I find it hard to work out because of my asthma that I can only last 15 minutes or more. I want to take it easier (although my routine is already easy I think) but I feel like I wouldn't get results sooner that way. I feel like pushing it to 20 or 25 but more than that I might pass out. What do?

Also how to build some back strength for beginners? I find it hard to do sit-ups or crunches and it's pretty embarrassing...
>>
>>39686405
you look fucking great, bro
>>
File: 50735332.jpg (21KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
50735332.jpg
21KB, 450x450px
what are the most important muscles when wearing a tank top? I need to wear one after spring break for a school function and i need to look big as fuck

im thinking side delts>upper chest>rear delts>arms
>>
>>39680120
>what are the most important muscles when wearing a tank top? I need to wear one after spring break for a school function and i need to look big as fuck
>
>im thinking side delts>upper chest>rear delts>arms
>>39686567
Lol just do a legit routine and stop wasting time
>>
I do not have back pain right now, but a few years ago I had a sharp localised pain in the lower back.
Whenever I lied down back then, it was uncomfortable unless I lied on my side. I think I experienced sciatica just once and I think numbness in a leg, both momentarily.

During this time I was living a very sedentary life and had gotten overweight. The pain started after I deadlifted. The pain didn't last that long.
I was so worried I ****ed my back up that I stopped deadlifting and did mainly hyperextensions with weights and I never had back pain doing these.

I'm now back to deadlifting but with lightweight doing sets 5x10, and feel no pain but this is like 3 years since my back pain
>>
Any app that helps with interval running? Maybe measure small 400m/400yard distances kind of thing
No access to a track
>>
when you talk about 1/2/3/4, is that one rep, or how many?
>>
Does Keto really work or is it a fad?

I am a huge lover of bread and cake so it might be hard, but I'm willing to lower my intake if it means I can cut my weight.

Currently 299, trying to be 180.
>>
are sumo deadlifts better than conventional if i'm 5'9, with short legs but a relatively long torso?
>>
>>39686917
it's a meme
like all other meme diets, it only """works""" because people start eating less as well
tldr calories in calories out
>>

I was so worried I ****ed my back up that I stopped deadlifting and did mainly hyperextensions with weights and I never had back pain doing these.

I'm now back to deadlifting but with lightweight doing sets 5x10, and feel no pain but this is like 3 years since my back pain
>>
Former overweight /fit/izens who have gotten fit...how long did the whole process take?
>>
File: 1480729501254.jpg (402KB, 1290x1555px) Image search: [Google]
1480729501254.jpg
402KB, 1290x1555px
Dips versus close grip bench for dem dere tricep gains?
>>
>>39687089
If they don't hurt your shoulders, dips.
Otherwise, cg-bp.
>>
I have to get up early tomorrow but have a shit sleep schedule. Will I be ok to lift on possibly 0-3 hours sleep? Plus is staying up and waking early tomorrow a good way to try and fix my sleep pattern?
>>
Best fitness app for Android? Not so much interested in calorie counting and what not as I'm not solely responsible for the food I'm eating where I live at the moment (with family)

Mainly after something to keep up with my workouts and weight progression. I'm tossing up between getting Progression, MyFitnessPal or FitNotes. Happy to pay money for a solid app.
>>
I've been doing SS for almost 4 months now and my progress has been pitiful:

Squat: 85lbs->140lbs
DL: 115->165
OHP: 80->100
Bench: 110->135

Those are my 5RM numbers. The thing is my bodyweight went from 115-150lbs. According to the bodyfat measurements I took I've gained about 60% lean muscle and 40% fat. I've been eating 3000-4000 calories a day, drinking half to three quarters of a gallon of milk a day, and getting 1g of protein/lb BW each day. I've been sleeping 7-8 hours a night. My form is good on all my lifts.
I know that according to Rip, you should be able to hit 1/2/3/4 after 3 months on SS. Is my diet the culprit for my lack of noob gains? Should I increase my calorie intake to 6000/day?
>>
>>39687318
Gaining a pound per week is usually recommended.
You gained 2 pounds a week.

>drinking half to three quarters of a gallon of milk a day
Stop drinking so goddamn much milk.
If you really like milk, a litre a day is much more sensible.

>My form is good on all my lifts.
After 4 months of lifting at those stats?
No.

>I know that according to Rip, you should be able to hit 1/2/3/4 after 3 months on SS
No.

>Should I increase my calorie intake to 6000/day?
Are you trolling?
>>
>>39687018
So it's okay to eat what I normally eat, except in lower portions?
>>
>>39687373
Yes.
>>
File: 20161212_174744.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161212_174744.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
I don't understand I'm 6' and I calculated my tdee as between 2500-3000 so I cut my intake down to 2000cal two months ago but after a month lost nothing, so now for a month I've gone down to 1500cal. I'm cal counting to the point I measure and weigh all my food. I cook it all myself too. I'm not mis counting I've been at 170 pounds this entire time and if I had to guess 18-24% bf what gives? I'm to stubborn to give up and blame it on genetics but I need help because I have a feeling 1000cal diet will be no good.
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 1439x1324px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1439x1324px
Can someone ballpark my bf% for shits and grins?

I'm 5'11" 219 in pic, (down from 380lbs). I have vascularity in arms especially when lifting but look like shit because of all my loose skin.

Based off pics and guestimating from formulas I am thinking around 165lbs LBM is reasonable. You can kinda see outlone of abs in light, just not individual abs, lol.
>>
File: 1449503769016.jpg (854KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1449503769016.jpg
854KB, 2560x1600px
Should I head down to the shops and grab an ice cream? It's been like 2 weeks since I last had one and I'm slowly weaning myself off sugary foods. I'm not a fatty or anything.

Here is a picture of a tiger
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 942x1708px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 942x1708px
>>39687567

Flexed legs, 11'' ankles, 19" calves, 27" quads,

7.5" wrist, 14" forarms, 15" bicep
>>
>>39687590
nice legs, how much do you squat?
>>
>>39687598
225lbs 3*9 3" or so below parallel. Tight calves.
>>
>>39687567
25-30% you getting there. Just takes time and true effort. I think you'll make it.
>>
>>39687448
I think n I see a nut...
>>
>>39687614
Fuck. I don't know my max. Never maxed on squat. Formulas say close to 300.
>>
>>39687627
Thanks man. Another year and I'll be close. Started march 2015.
>>
Is it o.k that my lifts are not really going up at all if i'm on an eternal cut? I've lost 70 lbs and put on a bunch of muscle, but my lifts don't go up at all, but I don't lose any strength.
>>
Three things lads:

1. Redpill me on aspartame and diet sodas
2. Redpill me on hydroxycut and other thermogenics
3. Best beginner exercises for abs/obliques for someone who's been doing a push/pull based off SS
>>
Does anyone know anything about strength training while pregnant? What's safe to do and what's not? How do I avoid losing all my gainz while trying not to accidentally kill babby?
>>
Joe Rogan is always going on about how good kettlebells are. What exactly is good about them? What can I get from kettlebells that I can't get from regular barbell training?
>>
I am a girl trying to lose 10-20 lbs while maintaining muscle.5'4 and ~135lbs right now.

How am I supposed to eat ~150g of protein while eating under 1200 calories? Do I just live on whey and chicken breast?
>>
>>39688582
Honestly you don't need to eat that much protein, 100g would be fine
>>
File: download.png (7KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
7KB, 218x232px
Hey guy

I'm doing SL 5x5, currently on the end of month 3.

I started skelly mode, but I feel like I'm just getting fatter on it. I've deloaded a few times due to missing two weeks due to a) vacation and b) elbow issues. This leaves me with my lifts currently at:
Squat - 115lbs
OHP - 70lbs
Deadlift - 175lbs
Bench - 95lbs
Row - 90lbs

My weight currently hovers around 140-145.

I was eating ~2500-2700 cals/day for a bit but decided to up it to ~2800-3000 cals/day. Am I just getting fatter because I'm eating too many calories now?

I definitely feel like I can lift more on BP & Squat, but I've been just listening to the weights that the program tells me to do because I really wanted to do the program right but I'm getting discouraged. Should I just add more weight until I feel like it's actually doing something for me? Like maybe squat 125 tomorrow instead?

Every time I look in the mirror I feel like I look like a damn egg with toothpick arms & legs and I feel grossed out.

I also do cardio & accessories FWIW.

I donno, maybe I'm just getting impatient.
>>
>>39688613
That's a lot more doable though even eating pretty well, it seems like I default to around 80g. I guess I'll have to make a point of adding in some eggs or jerky or something.

Thanks.
>>
>>39688711
I also default to 80g and have similar stats to you. I gained muscle while cutting for the last 3 months according to DEXA so I must be doing something right. 150g+ is for OPTIMAL gains/performance, and the slightly increased muscle retention probably isn't worth the invariable diet for the average person, only for aspiring powerlifters.
>>
How to add cleans to a workout?
No idea what day to do it on.
>>
>>39688710
If you've been doing SL 5x5 for three months your squat should be lmao2pl8. Next squat day keep slapping on 10lbs until your squat slows down. That's your new workout weight.

>>39688776
What are you doing now?
>>
>>39688813
Day 1
Squat
Lunges
Plank
Sandbag carry

Day 2
Bench
Barbell rows
Dips
Sled pull

break

Day 3
Deadlift
Front squat
Planks
Sled push

Day 4
OHP
Lat pull downs/pull ups
Dumbbells incline bench
Farmers walks

Was thinking of taking away the break (middle of the week) and adding an Olympic lift with addons.
>>
>>39688846
If it was me I'd do them Day4 with OHP as a superset. You know, clean and press.
>>
>>39681015
THAT GUY WAS A MANIAC
>>
>>39688894
Sounds good actually. Will do.
>>
How much should a 6'2 male weigh for him to not be considered either a skele or a fat ass
>>
>>39687663
Second anon wanting an answer to this one.

I was obese, have lost 20 pounds so far but all of my lifts have stalled. I'm happy that I'm losing 2 pounds a week but I'm sad that I might be pushing baby weights until all the fat is gone.
>>
Just moved to a new town, boys

Anytime Fitness or YMCA? I work nights but I'll probably be going in before work anyways so 24 hour doesn't matter

There's also a CrossFit gym :^)
>>
How to get my beard to grow, ive seen some small gains since i started lifting, eating more eggs and such but still just doesnt wanna grow much on my cheeks.... any tips?
>>
File: cheeki_breeki.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki_breeki.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Anyone got stretching tips to achieve a heels-down gopnik squat

Should mention also I can't walk heel first because my achilles tendon is pretty short and I figure if I can slav squat my footstep problem will be solved

pic related, I'm really lightweight about 5'8 130 lbs and thats about what I want to achieve
>>
I've been on keto diet for a week and I'm peeing like a motherfucker, like everytime I drink a couple glasses of water I piss them out within 30 minutes. Is this normal? Will it affect fat burning?
>>
File: imagrillbtw.jpg (10KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
imagrillbtw.jpg
10KB, 300x265px
Is there any reason I shouldn't use a lean meat grill machine? It seems extremely convenient to cook up good meat like chicken and salmon in a pinch, and my roommates are always hogging the damn oven when I actually need it.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with constantly doing alternating super sets?

I found them useful when my gym was empty, but now I'm on heavier weights, I can't do the same weight so soon. Also I'm wary of hogging machines.
>>
>>39689840
It was normal for me and didn't affect fat burning.

Deep into a month long no cheat keto, my piss smelled really bad.

Have you got ketostix? They're defo worth it. They only need to a turn a LITTLE purple to prove you're in 'full blown' ketostis, the shade doesn't matter.
>>
>>39690244
What's wrong with a frying pan?
>>
I fucked up my knees starting squats. I know this is a result of my shitty form. When i do a bodyweight squat now i get a pain in the knee after reaching parallel and going up. I can't even stand with locked knees anymore pls help wat do
>>
I'm doing 3 sets of squats and 3 sets of leg press and other stuff for calves for my workout. Is this fine?
How many reps should I be squating?
How many reps should I be leg pressing?
>>
>>39690291
5 to 8 for squats.
Do like 15 for leg press
>>
does it make sense to use creatine monohydrate on a cut? I would suppose that all it does for a cut is help preserve even more muscle, but I'm not sure if that's even anything more than a negligible amount
>>
>>39690289
go see a doctor.

also:
Limber 11 and/or Vodoo flossing

get the form correct, when your knee is okay.
(Dan John will help with that.)
>>
I can't fucking sleep these days. What the fuck should I do? Do you have to stop staring at a screen for an hour or more before going to bed? I don't know anymore
>>
>>39690289
Doctor.
>>
Hello.

Ive decided im gonna be a vegetarian but i need help with what to eat.
Does anyone have suggestions for what you can eat for lunch and dinner thats proteinrich?
>>
>>39690663
Nuts and tree bark.
>>
how to practice deadlift form for a beginner?
>>
Opinions on candito's linear program? Im a beginner who started failing a lot after 6 months but didnt reach 1234. My main concerns are about the 2 sets of deadlift (6x2 instead of 5x1) and the OHP being minimal/absent
>>
Does intermittent fasting offer any benefits to weight loss, or is it just a tool to help control caloric intake?
>>
>>39690663
Cheese, eggs.
>>
>>39687288
I like fitnotes
>>
>>39690471
get f.lux on your pc, take melatonin
>>
>>39690471
This.

I've spent the last 2 years living the NEET life of a vampire. My body refuses to sleep before midnight (more like 2-4am) and if I do manage to fall asleep I keep waking up all the time. No matter what I do I can sleep for 12 hours, I'm about to start working full time day shift again for the first time in a year and I don't know how I'm going to do it while still being able to lift/workout.

Everybody tells me I'd do better in afternoon/night shift but then I'd have absolutely no life outside of eat, sleep, work, repeat.
>>
>>39690869
f.lux is amazing, set it to "slow" mode.

Take low dosage of melatonin when you want to go to bed - then ditch all your electronics, lights, everything. Go to bed and shut your eyes.

The computer will make the melatonin useless
>>
>>39690819
pls respond
>>
>>39690902
from my experience it just makes me over eat after the fasting, I end up fucking it up in the end.
>>
hello, I am 6'1 and 84KG. I eat take aways like 3 times a week and eat quite poorly. I tried cutting down to 2000 calories for a week, I did it but found it quite difficult. I do no cardio, but I might start running and stuff, I do curls and squats, do you guys have any advice on dieting? I understand I have a horrible diet but I get so fucking hungry. I want to cut down to 75 over time, I have a lot of free time because if my age, any advice?
>>
>>39690912

Do you have a picture you can post? do you have much muscle mass?

I am 6'1 117 KG and I can't picture my self at 84kg.

I joined the army at a young age (16) so I want to think i have some muscle under my fat but who knows.

I can't imagine being 6'1 84kg.
>>
>>39690902
Most weight loss methods are simply different ways to stick to calorie restriction. They all involve in the end calories in < calories out. You just have to find what method allows you to stick to your dietary restrictions in the long term.

For example there is a diet style that states you are allowed to each as much as you like as long as it is meat (not breaded or battered) or vegetables (not white potatoes). This takes into account that meat does not have much calories by weight and is very filling and vegetables have no calories and are bulky and contain minerals/vitamins.

Another being that you eat small meals regularly every 3 hours, this means you never feel very hungry and psychologically you feel like you are always eating. You still end up under calories.

Any other benefits from a particular diet are lesser than simply eating less than you need.
>>
>>39690947
I can't post picture sorry, I am relatively weak though, I imagine I don't have much muscle mass
>>
had a blood test a few hours ago, how long before I can lift without bleeding everywhere?
I've got a little plaster on my forearm.
>tfw the doctor compliments your veins and asks if you work out
>>
>>39691049
The needle hole won't start gushing blood, depending on how much blood was actually taken you might want to just take a light day though.
>>
Anyone else have problems with throwing up/shit appetite?

I'm literally bloated 24/7 if I eat a lot, and 0 appetite whatsoever. If I eat anything during that period, I throw up. Impossible to make gains.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (110KB, 633x669px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
110KB, 633x669px
My right serratus seems to be missing like this pic. I've been doing exercises to try and activate the serratus for the last few months but while the left side has become larger and full the right side has become larger than the left but still nothing below this point. Absolutely nothing when palpating the region while pushing up a weight or flexing while the left feels normal. Is there any helping this or is it just genetics?
>>
Why do i smell like a newborn baby? Cant smell it myself but my gf says i do in the morning. Dont get me wrong i lift almost everyday, do cardio, sweat alot, have a job that requires me to move alot and move heavy things, and im 6`3 220lbs. Is it a smell of a healthy skin/diet?
>>
I'm doing SL, however my hip has recently been hurting when squatting and someone advised me to take a break from squats to let it recover.

Is there any other exercise I can throw in temporarily to substitute squats? Or should I just squat but with lower weight and hope things don't get worse?
>>
>>39690869
>>39690879
thank you, looks like a neat little software
>>
>>39691342
If it's a little sore or DOMS then just lower the weight and keep squatting. If it actually "hurts" like something is wrong then do leg press for few sessions and see if it gets better, otherwise see a doctor. Don't fuck your shit up, nothing is worth an actual injury.
>>
>>39691342
If it hurts then youre probably doing something wrong.
you could try ingle leg squats if they dont hurt.
>>
File: hip_pain.png (175KB, 563x339px) Image search: [Google]
hip_pain.png
175KB, 563x339px
>>39691371
>>39691397
It's a stinging sensation in my left hip (roughly the area in the pic) when I bottom out the squat and start going up. Had it happen once before, but it went away after properly pushing knees out and did not have any issues for weeks. Only when I hit 1 plate and the weight started to feel heavy it reappeared. Now it hurts when I attempt to raise my leg by itself when laying down, only left hip though.
>>
>>39691431
Try to work your hip flexors(hanging leg raises) and hip adductors(pussy squeeze machine).
The problem could be technique or it could be one of those muscles. And it could be both
>>
Cab bad posture be fixed
>>
a. Dyel?

b. can testosterone improve facial symmetry?
>>
>>39680120
I have successfully become t-rex mode after 6 months on stronglifts, I'm satisfied with my lower body lifts, but my bench, ohp and rows have come to a plateau.

Can you anons give me some accessories for both my upper and lower back, so that i can increase volume and add some muscle?
>>
>>39691542
yes, the most effective way is simply to just be aware of your posture throughout the day, and correcting it. If you do it long enough then it becomes natural. However, if you sit a lot then it will be difficult.
And lifting helps
>>
I'm starting to dream about binge eating
is that normal during a cut?
>>
>>39691656
A
Squat
Bench
DB. One Arm Row dont do it too strict. some bodylanguage is just fine, but dont go too far with it.
Curls
Lateral raises or rear delt raises 8-12 reps, 3 sets
leg raises ~8 reps, 3 sets

B
Squat
OHP
DL
Chin ups 5-8 reps, 3-4 sets
Chest isolation 8-12 reps, 3 sets
>>
>>39691656
>>39691715
you could also cut down the squat work sets from 5 to 3, to balance it out more.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JcHKhUFAgK0

Can someone tell me who this is
>>
>>39691787
https://www.instagram.com/sommerray/

could be this butt
>>
Should I add in ab work before my compounds as I planned on doing them after but I'm too tired. Or is front squats and bent over rows enough for abs?
>>
About to try keto but a site I read said you have to watch for carbs in spices. Are there really enough carbs in spices to worry about it? I can't live without my garlic powder.
>>
cutting seems unhealthy, like potential kidney damage. are you really supposed to cut out water intake?
>>
>>39692021
Cutting out water seems like it's counter-intuitive to any kind of health practice.
>>
Is cutting then eating at maintenance/slow bulk the best result to get rid of bellyfat then improve lifts?
>>
>>39691935
If you do them do it after you finish your workout. Don't do 10 sets of 50, do 2 or 3 sets of 10 or so, weighted.
>>
I had been going SL for around 5 months at 2500 calories for recomp and was maintaining or gaining around .25lbs each week.

I kept the calories the same and switched to doing an upper/lower routine last week. I sweat alot more and feel much more sore after each workout but I have gained around 7 pounds?

Does anyone know why? I did have a small cheat meal which made me gain 5 lbs of water weight but the water weight isnt leaving and Im still gainging weight a week later.

18 currently and I weight everything I eat and am 100% sure im eating 2500 cals a day. Any help is appreciated.
>>
Every morning I go to some fast food joint, and get a Bacon Egg & Cheese breakfast sandwich, with a large black coffee.

Is this an unhealthy habit?

PS that Sonic Toaster is GOAT, lots of bacon, 600 calories, and they actually pepper their eggs.
>>
>>39692021
>are you really supposed to cut out water intake?
You fucking what mate?
>>
So as a complete beginner to lifting doing a program like SL, I shouldn't expect any/VERY little muscle gains in the first 3-4 months of training, correct? Those months are just to build a basic strength base before moving onto a program with more accessories? I've been doing SL for a couple of months and haven't made noticeable muscle gains, but my strength has increased, I've started ICF 5x5 a few weeks ago and hoping to build a good amount of muscle on this program as I plan on following it for a year, or maybe a little less depending on where my lifts end up, I can't even bench 1pl8 yet so i'm obviously still really weak, but is this a good plan to go by?
>>
How far will this get me? And how do i do pushups correctly? Should my arms be parallel with my body or can my elbows go out to the side?
>>
>>39692452
Also, to add to that. I'm 6ft 136lbs, full skelly mode. Should i do this now or bulk or some shit beforehand? I'm down from 176lbs if that makes a difference.
>>
>>39681015
WHADDAYA BUYUHIN?
>>
>>39692452
do it for a couple of months and it'll get you a decent foundation to work from when you start pushing and pulling weight. at least then you won't struggle to bench the bar or whatever - unless you already have experience with lifting in which case just get a gym membership and don't waste your time with bodyweight shit unless it's weighted chins and pullups.

neither, not too flared out or not too parallel, just do what you feel comfortable with.
>>
>>39692478
Thank you boss, i will be hitting the gym hard in about a month after i finish moving. Been doing it for a month so i should be alright.
>>
File: 163081143.jpg (20KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
163081143.jpg
20KB, 640x360px
i think i have low-t & i have a doc appointment in 3 weeks

>be me
>mid 30s
>no more morning wood
>mild anxiety and depression

i know the results will be in the blood tests but maybe my doc will be a push-over and script me something based on symptoms

what should i tell / ask to get a script for a low dose of test?
>>
>>39692478
Also, should i be doing that workout daily or 2nd daily?
>>
How do I lose weight? I cant go to any gym (no transportation) and cant count calories (i dont cook my own food because my dorm doesnt let me and local foods usually dont have calory counters). What exercise could I do in my room? I have a back problem so sit ups are bad for me im guessing.
>>
>>39692759
Portion size is the eaisest way to cheat away those kilos. A good rule of thumb is the middle ring of the plate is the max you can get. Carrots and other raw veggies are good snacks because nutrients and low calorie, Go jogging everyday, drink black coffee in the mornings.

>>39692452
This one is okay to do too.
>>
>>39692759
forget it, you're not going to lose weight until you improve your mindset.
>>
>>39692785
Okay so I eat like once a day because I dont go out to the cafe, I only buy food after class and stay in my room, thats okay too right? Black coffee? Is that to help my bowel movement? Thanks for the suggestions, senpai appreciate it!
>>
>>39692818
Yea I have to work on that. Even if I get a car soon, I don't think I'd have the guts to go to a gym. It's just too embarassing. That's why I'm trying to start real slow.
>>
>>39680120
Can you be too heavy to run? I weigh 105kg (230 lbs) and I keep getting shin splints, it's awful.
>>
>>39692943
Try swimming. Better for heavier people and it broadens your shoulder too.
>>
Hey /fit/. I'm afraid. I don't think I'll ever make it brehs. I got depressed over the last few months after a hectic end to college life where I could barely make time to work out let alone get 6 hours of sleep. I gained a fuck ton of fat (15 pounds) and lost my gains.

How do I get over slumps like this? "Making it" seemed so possible before that I never even had to think about it or have any doubts. But now I've seen that progress can get erased so easily. What do?
>>
>>39692609
If you actually have low T, then yes.
If you don't, then no. You'll have to take it for life and it'll fuck your shit up.
>>
>>39692759
>and cant count calories
Yes you can.
If you get a fast food burrito use myfitnesspal and look up a fucking burrito. Will it be 100% accurate? No, but it'll give you a ballpark idea. ALWAYS overestimate your calories.
>>
>>39693091
>it'll fuck your shit up
how will getting a supplement to get levels to normal fuck shit up?
>>
>>39693072
What are you doing posting here? Go loft some weights.
>>
>>39693072
do you think this is a mental thing? if so grow a pair and see a prrofessional

if not remember the sticky saying it's about life changes
you put college over fitness and changed your life back to your miserable old self
>>
>>39693115
I said if you're not Low T it will.
If you are, by all means, please take the supplement.
>>
>>39688813
5x5 is a progressive load though--so that means after todays workout, whichever weight my squat "slows" on is the weight I use for my Friday workout?
>>
>>39692836
Black coffee to boost metabolism, and 3 good meals a day. Inconsistent meals is a good way to fuck up your weight loss pham
>>
>>39693118
I still do. It took me 4 months of lifting to get back to my previous lifts.

>>39693120
I have been considering that m8. I was in a really tough program and in my final year, but I'm finished now. It's just really demotivating having to reach goals that I've already reached almost 2 years ago.
>>
>>39693267
if you need motivation then:
if you don't give everyting you can, you're not gonna make it, die alone, poor, sick and miserable
>>
Can someone tell me how I should warm up for a 5x5 47.5kg bench? I'm thinking of doing:

Bar x 5
Bar x 5
30kg x 5
37.5kg x 3
42.5kg x 2

47.5kg x 5 x 5

Does that sound about right? I tend to do my warmups like this and feel like the weight is way too heavy for my chest. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>39694398
do the bar twice and then hop to your working weight
>>
>>39694431
thanks for the advice
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 406x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 406x492px
>>39680120
I did weights today.
>chest
>abs
>triceps
>back

I ran exercise to excercise sweating like crazy and a bit out of breath, pushing to really feel the workout, afterwards I tried doing my cardio, and I could only do 25 mins. I usually do an hour. Is this cool or?
>>
i did the same weight on bench press for 3 workouts in a row and couldn't hit 5x5, I could have probably hit it if i pushed hard enough but i workout alone and i'm scared of failing and having to do the roll of shame/dumping the weights.

can i just up the weight by 5lb and work up to 5x5 on that? i've done this a couple of times and it worked fine but i want to know what you guys think
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.