[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 357
Thread images: 41

New "questions that don't deserve their own thread".

Last one is in auto-sage.
>>39660713
>>
File: FjDwmfe.png (795KB, 1017x502px) Image search: [Google]
FjDwmfe.png
795KB, 1017x502px
>>39669166
Aside from the obvious diet changes, how do you burn calories at a decent pace when you can't do 90% of workouts due to disability?

I'd love to do cardio, I'm maybe around 20-23% bodyfat right now, and would like to cut down to 15-18%, but I have joint problems in my legs which make it nearly impossible to do anything that puts strain on them, including walking for extended periods of time.
>>
I didnt know I had to fail 3 times before deloading in gslp. Is it legit? I deloaded everytimw i failed which led me to countless deloadings. Am i kill?

Also does this applies to failing the 3rd set, or is it the same if you fail on the second set?
>>
>>39669183
To lessen caloric intake you either dont take them (diet) or you burn them (exercise). Have you tried cycling? It should be easier on youe joints than running. Or you could try swimming
>>
>>39669183
can you swim? losing weight is pretty much all diet anyway

>>39669218
if you fail a lot of the time it can be fixed with just a little more resting. so you don't deload but try again at that weight next time
>>
>>39669183
Two things.
Why in the shit would you want to get to that bodyfat level? Even for female pros it's almost impossible to stay at that level without drugs and heavy exercise.

Lastly, the type of workouts that you can do are swimming and maybe some bicycling.
But the most important thing needed for weight loss is eating less then you need to maintain your current weight, second most important, eating healthy, third most important is having enough protein to maintain muscle so that you can stay lean.
The most important part of a diet is changing eating habits and activity patterns permanently.
>>
File: 1480320097771.jpg (52KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1480320097771.jpg
52KB, 367x500px
If i'm overweight, and do SS, and eat at maintenance, what will happen to my body? will i build muscle?
>>
What do I do if I'm on a linear progression and I'm startimg to fail a lot (end of noobgains?) but im not yet at 1/2/3/4?
Currently at 1/1.65/2.5/3 per 1RM
>>
File: fitgslp.png (37KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fitgslp.png
37KB, 700x600px
I'm on pic related and am doing pendlay rows, I feel like I can't hit them without rounding my back. Are there any other barbell row variants that I can do? Anything that might be better?
>>
>>39669242
maybe a bit

>>39669256
tried eating more?
>>
If my bench is lagging behind on a linear progression would it be stupid to add some bench in the range of 10-12 reps on OHP day?
>>
>>39669296
i personally fucking hate barbell rows and don't do them. but try yates rows
>>
>>39669297
Im gaining around 0.5 kg per week, I don't think I should honestly, but I'm no expert. Do you think its not enough? Eating around 2700-2800 kcal and im around 77 kg by now (gained 12 kg in 6 months)
>>
>>39669300
add dips instead
>>
>>39669319
Already did. That's why I feel my bench shouldnt be where it is.
>>
>>39669319
>>39669344
Btw I'm at about 73 kg bench (5RM) and +19 kg dips (10RM). And I'm 76 kg.
>>
What type of weightlifting program should i be on while trying to lose weight, i have about 60 lbs to lose, should i be doing SS? will i still gain strength while eating a deficit.
>>
>>39669317
Take a week off or just lift very lightly for the week
>>
>>39669406
You tried deloading?
>>
>>39669441
Yeah failing at 73 kg its gonna be my 2nd or 3rd deloading. Gonna tru it again next time since it might have been a bad day ( failed on 2nd set and not first)
>>
Lifting beginner here.

I started lifting around 3-4 weeks ago and I'm having severe trouble with my squat. My knees are starting to hurt while doing the movement. It's a sharp kind of pain.

My current best is 3x5 reps of 60 kg / 132 pounds (including bar).

What should I do? Just push my ego aside and lower the weight to 50 kg or even lower?
>>
>>39669513
I think you should post a video of your form in a plg thread, in the meanwhile lower the weight till you dont feel the pain or dont squat at all
>>
Cardio gains - heart and vasculanity - is it possible to get them on a cut? Or do I have to be on calories surplus to get those sweet gains?
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 256x197px
>>39669513
>including bar
>>
>>39669242
Yes, but not as much as if you were eating maintenance and doing a bodybuilding workout.
>>
>>39669493
73 kg is pretty light to be stalling aggressively. Could try eating a fuck ton. Do you do chin-ups?
>>
How much should I eat a day to lean bulk, I'm 62kg 175cm 18yrs and not that active? Do I eat the same calories on rest days?
>>
>>39669553
are you not meant to include bar in weight? Or is it just implied when you say "I can squat 60kg" that its just 40kg plates with 20kg bar?
>>
>>39669542
Okay, I'll do that
>>
>>39669296

Reverse-grip rows.
>>
What kind of physique can I expect if my 2017 goals are 100 push-ups 8 pullups and 70km on a fix speed bike?
These are the only exercise I can do constantly because I have other goals that are more of a priority.
People who already have achieved those standards post physiques please
>>
>>39669242

Whats SS?
>>
>>39669426
SS With accessories sounds good. It is possible to get stronger and lose weight if you've not trained much before
>>39669546
Ideally you should do your cardio regardless of a bulk of a cut. You get more vascular as you lose water or body fat if you're asking that.
>>39669595
Scooby has good tdee calcs and even a meal planner
>>39669776
Starting strength. Go read the book please.
>>
I just received my new power cage for my home gym. I got a bench too. Also got olympic bar and some dumbbells.
Help me build a routines with these equipements.
I was thinking a mix of deadlifts squats bench press overhead press?
Just get back to it so im not sure about reps and what exercise works weel with another exercise.
I hope im clear enough and someone can help.
>>
File: 1453715135090.jpg (62KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453715135090.jpg
62KB, 520x600px
If you eat enough protein do you even need to bulk? If you eat a +200 calorie of surplus of carbohydrate or fat how can that be used for building muscle? Only protein can build muscles right?
>>
What's the deal with accessories? How do I incorporate them? Rippletits says I'm impatient if i do them but others say I should be doing them.
>>
>>39669766
100 pushups is some hollywood or anime bullshit. focus on doing good pushups with the elbows locking out on top and the scapula protracting(the extra push from your shoulders when your arms are fully extended). if you can do 20 of those just move on to dips and do negatives if they don't feel alright at first.
>>
>>39669766
That's got a huge variance. I'm 104kg and over 30% bf and I can do those things.
>>
I think I'm really inflexible.
How bad is it that I can't bend forward at all like in pic related?
I can sit like pic 1 with my legs/back straight and heels flexed towards me, body active, but I'm hard pressed to move forward even an inch (while keeping my back straight). Just sitting active in that pose itself is hard fucking work and I can feel the stretch.

(Disregard the likely broscience text, I just got it off google to illustrate).

Is that ridiculous or pretty normal?
>>
I know about the whole calories in vs calories out thing, but can't figure out how to get enough calories out to even keep up with a massive deficit.

This is all based on theory from online calculators, and I'm a total newb who only started working out 1.5 months ago.

Maintenance calories - 2300
Lose 2lb per week - 1300

First of all, even to get 1300 calories seems like a lot of food for me. Just finished dinner and all I've managed today is 1079 according to online 'average calories per food item'.

And aside from that, even if I can get that amount of calories, how do I then burn it back off? According to more online calculators, an hour per day heavy weight lifting will burn less than 500, burn another ~300 if I jog down to the gym and back... that's barely more than half and that's if I lifted every single day with no rest days..

How the hell do you do it? I'm trying my best so far, but I just can't wrap my head around doing it the "right" way, and that's probably (read:definitely) gonna ruin any gains I'm looking to make, right?
>>
File: cand.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
cand.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Does anyone have ever had urine smelling sweet?

I have it everyday since I started mas last cutting (~3wk ago).

Dr. Google says it could be beetus, but I got tested and my blood sugar is fine.
(72, should be between 70 and 90)

Im starting to get worred

> inb4: I did not tasted it
>>
>>39669944

If you got tested, couldn't you have asked a Dr with better credentials than Dr Google?
>>
>>39669809
>deadlifts squats bench press overhead press
That's SS for the first 2 weeks before you swap one of the deadlift sessions with cleans. Forget the memes and do SS if you're new, cut if your'e fat, bulk slowly if you're hungry. You can spend the next few months researching routines while you're building strength.

>>39669825
Eating maintenance with plenty of protein is called 'body recomposition' I think, where you lose fat and gain muscle at the same time but slowly. Some people say it's good because you don't need to increase body fat to build muscle, other's say it either does nothing or is slowly than a bulk-cut cycle. Pro bb'ers bulk on surplus kcals, but then again, they're right at the peak and pinning gallons of shit. Whether a newbie needs to bulk is debated a lot, it's all subjective at the moment 'cause no one wants to fund research into unimportant shit. Personally I'd just bulk slowly (+250kcal/2lbs a month) and if I stalled, I'd deload, and if I couldn't push through after that, I'd increase kcals and see what happens.

>>39669851
Accessories are lifts/movements that aren't your main lift. If you want to build a chest, you bench, but an accessory would be flys or maybe a variation of benching. If you're doing SS, good accessories are chins and dips (I can't remember if they're supposed to be added anyway after a couple weeks). Although chins and dips are so important they could be considered main lifts. If want bigger traps, OHP and DL properly, and add shrugs. Bigger bis, chins and curls. pecs, bench wider and flys. I hope you get the idea. Add them after your main lift, but preferably give yourself a little rest by working on a different muscle between them.
>>
>>39669926
Portions are quite relevant anon. I recommend you to get a kitchen scale and install MFP.

If you want to lose 2lb/wk you WILL lose muscle mass. Its a hell of a defcit.
You must put in your mind that putting muscle takes much more time and effort than losing fat.
Is losing fat that fast is really that important?
>>
>>39669809
Read the sticky. (Starting Strength)

>>39669825
You don't need to bulk. You can keep a slight surplus and slowly grow, bulking/cutting is just easier for most people because you *see* results much faster.

>>39669919
That's probably normal for someone who's sedentary.

>>39669926
More details. How tall/heavy are you, bf% estimate, activity per week, what do you eat.
>>
>>39669964
Grandma has beetus, I just used her testing stuff...
Im poor...
>>
>>39669926

I'm confused. You can't eat enough, but you also can't burn enough?

>according to online 'average calories per food item'.
Don't trust online things, look first and foremost at the packaging of the food you're eating and calculate from that whenever possible.
Also keep in mind how large a serving size is compared to what you actually ate, you could be eating more than you think. Might be good to invest in a kitchen scale while you're getting your head around it.
>>
If I only do incline bench for chest will my chest look dumb?
>>
>>39669632
he's just being a faggot
>>
>>39669926
>And aside from that, even if I can get that amount of calories, how do I then burn it back off?

You don't think you need to burn off 1300 calories do you?

The amount of calories you physically NEED each day, you need because you burn them by default. That's the energy that keeps your organs functioning, the energy that allows you to get out of bed and walk around.
Eating OVER that, even just a few 100 calories a day for a long period of time, will result in the excess going towards fat deposits. But eating AT that level will result in weight maintenance, and eating UNDER it will result in loss, because everything you eat is being used.
And in the case of a deficit, the difference will be made up by dipping into your fat stores - so if your body needs 2300Cal/day just to function and maintain it's current size, and you're only giving it 1300, then it'll make up the 1000Cal difference by using your body fat for energy instead.
>>
>>39669944

Artificial sweeteners aren't metabolized so you piss them out. Consume a lot of artificial sweeteners and your piss will smell sweet.
>>
>>39669926
As the other guy says, need more details, but if you're maintenance really is 2300 (online calcs aren't exactly accurate) then eating 1300kcals a day would result in 2lb fat lost per week. That's pretty much as hard as you want to go, unless you're a hambeast. If you're only eating around 1100 kcals like today, you'd lose almost 2.5lbs per week.

If you add exercise, you can either not eat those calories you burned, and lose fat even faster, or you can eat the calories you burned, meaning you eat more, but you will lose weight at the same speed as not exercising.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the average male to eat under 1600kcals, so if you wanna lose 2lbs a week, you'd have to add 300kcals of exercise every day (1600 - 2300 - 300 = -1000 per day = 2lb fat lost per week). Casually walk for an hour and that'd easily make up 300kcals. Running will get you 300kcals much faster.
>>
>>39669632

It's just a fucking meme here. Everyone counts the fucking bar because bars are not the same weight.
>>
>>39670018
I do consume lots of them. Mostly Ciclamato..

Seems reasonable. Thanks anon!
>>
>>39669968
I just put the lose 2lb per week as a reference, I don't actually want to be losing weight that quickly. What I'm getting at is that I have trouble eating even that much, so how the heck am I meant to get to maintenance or bulking amounts of food.

>>39669980
>You can't eat enough, but you also can't burn enough?
Pretty much, yes. From what I've read I feel like it's because my body is storing as much fat as it can due to me under-eating.. but I don't feel like I'm under-eating.
Just for one example, what I just had for dinner
>1 chicken breast
>1.5 tomatos
>1 onion
>2 carrots
>Handful of '4 leaf salad'
>Small handful of cheese
>Dressed with apple cider vinegar
and I feel absolutely stuffed, but somehow eating like this is not making up enough calories for me to even hit the minimum that I should need.

>>39670009
Yep that is what I thought, but that does make a lot more sense than the way I was thinking of it. Guess I misinterpreted the whole calories in vs calories out thing to mean I was meant to burn as many calories as I eat per day (with exercise.. didn't even consider normal body function burning calories). Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
Whats the best way to look more vascular? Is it just having a low bf% or?
>>
What's the bare minimum to preserving my gains on a cut? Once a week with a couple of sets per muscle group?
>>
>>39669903
I can do 15 good push-ups. 20 with ducky form. I also have 2 20kilo adjustable dumbbells. Suggest something with them maybe?
I want a push "workout" that doesn't take more than 20 minutes.
I thought I'd work on push-ups because Scooby had a progression for that.
>>39669909
In terms of muscle mass do you say you're intermediate or above?
>>
As an intermediate level lifter, can I do light weight form focused training on rest days? Not for the lift I did previous day to recover best and not next day's lift to be at full strength
>>
can anyone give me a conservative ballpark estimate as towards what weights I should be starting with for deadlift/squat/ohp/bench if I've been doing bodyweight training for a year?

Can do ~15 pullups and a few more chinups, 3*12 weighted dips at 20kg, 20 slow controlled pistol squats (probably more never tried) and can almost hold front lever

6'2 77kg
>>
>>39670145
Pretty impossible to say. At your weight I'd start with 1pl8 squat. Especially if you can do pistol squats.

2 pl8 deads maybe.

OHP is a little safer because if you can't lift it you're gonna find out pretty fast.
>>
Is it normal to have less of a pump while training for strength (with longer rest) than when training for volume?
>>
>>39670187
Yes.
>>
File: 20161211_185932.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161211_185932.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Do I really need to cut?

I see myself as over 25% BF, which is obviously screaming cut, but I'm new and I know you make the best gains in your first year, so do I really need to cut and risk muscle loss, or should I maintain af to make sure I MAXIMISE my muscle growth? Also, how often is too often when exercising the same muscle groups? Please advise bros, thanks
>>
How to improve my left arm strength? It's really weak and holding my bench back.
>>
File: sylvia - Copy.jpg (82KB, 500x603px) Image search: [Google]
sylvia - Copy.jpg
82KB, 500x603px
> Age 30 almost 31
> 6ft
> weight 267-277lbs (it fluxuates on my scale)

I stopped drinking soda's about 2 months go, I usually skip breakfast, and may eat a sandwich or something small for lunch, but then during the evening for the last several years I have drank between 6-10 beers every single night, and then I come home hungry and eat a pretty large portion of what ever we are having for supper, now I know cutting out the beer is going to be essential to my weight loss, I have a previous hip injury that limits my ability to walk great distances much like the first poster in this thread, also I don't have access to a gym or pool, looking for someone to guide me in the right direction, what kind of losses should I expect just by cutting out the booze alone?
>>
>>39669578
Yeah. I pretty much do sticky's greyskull. Chins are currently +27 kg
>>
>>39670254
What kind oof beer? Natural light is like 100 cal per can. But heavy beers can have 3 or 4 hundreds per bottle so dj the math depending on the macros in the beer. Btw, alcohol poisons your muscles and raises your estrogen. But hey, everybody uses something! I'm trying to quit dipping, but I love my /dips/
>>
>>39669513
Absolutely check your form. My guess, because i had the same thing when i started, is that your feet+toes aren't spread enough. Heels should be just wider than shoulder width, toes should be pointed outward at a comfortable angle
>>
hey /fit/, can someone please tell me what the fuck is wrong with me? Last week I almost managed to do 5x5 with 32.5kg on my OHP, and today, I couldn't even manage it for more than 3 reps, and throughout the sets the reps tapered down, so my last set was 2 reps and I even struggled to get that. I train fasted all the time and specifically today I felt extremely fatigued throughout my workout, I don't take any preworkout stimulants either. My sleep was OK but not the best, I could've slept for a little longer and deeper. i'm just worried about losing strength for no reason, my plan is to start eating BEFORE I work out but i don't know what to eat, any suggestions? I'm also thinking of drinking coffee before working out, should I do that before my breakfast or after and how long should I eat before I start lifting? Advice will be very much appreciated, I feel like once you're past your extreme novice phase you need to start fuelling your body for your lifts.
>>
>>39670379
>I train fasted all the time
I wouldn't do that, I want my muscles full of glycogen when I train. I usually eat a big meal 2-3 hours before training and then a small meal right before I go to the gym.
>>
>>39670397
Have you ever tried working out fasted? If so do you feel a difference when you eat?
>>
I started couch to 5k for the third time today, and my shins are already starting to hurt. Last time it got so bad that it hurt to walk for weeks afterwards. How do I prevent this? At first I ran "normally" with my heels touching the ground first and then kind of rolling the foot from heel to balls before taking the next step. My shins started hurting by week 2. Then when I had to restart the program, I ran by striking with the front of the foot first, letting my calves do most of the work. Again, it started hurting by week 2. Today, I tried doing both to see what felt best, and my shins are starting to hurt.

Besides running, I also lift, btw. I squat over 4 plates, so I assume that my bones are strong enough?

I'm also pretty fat, 104kg or 230lbs, which is probably why my shins hurt in the first place, lol. So again: How do I prevent it from happening?
Thanks!
>>
>>39670411
Yeah, I feel incredibly weak when I do it.
>>
I have a healthy diet, I believe I am getting all the nutrients I need. I come home form work at 6pm, cook & eat dinner, digest, then go to the gym. So I usually hit the gym at 8:30-9pm. I go about 5 times a week. Should I take a pre workout if I need to be in bed by 11, will it keep me awake. Also should I start having a protein shake?
>>
File: 1435925910717.jpg (61KB, 510x345px) Image search: [Google]
1435925910717.jpg
61KB, 510x345px
I went sleep at 10am yesterday and woke up at 9pm (11 hour sleep). I'm still awake (currently 1:30pm, been awake for 16+ hours) and want to go to sleep at 8pm-ish to reset my sleep schedule.

I want to go gym in an hour, I just ate some fries and 3 pizza slices since they're high in calories and carbs. Will 1 or 2 monster energy drinks get me through ?
>>
File: ebc.jpg (52KB, 564x704px) Image search: [Google]
ebc.jpg
52KB, 564x704px
>>39669166
how much did lifting raise you in the attractivness scale?

I went from 5/10 to 5 and a half
>>
>>39669969
Only just noticed the (you) in this post.
>>39669926 guy here.

I am 6ft, 181lb, estimate bf% around 25-30%, only started getting active recently but been adding more and more pretty often, current schedule is -
>30 min treadmill, 5 days a week (roughly half/half brisk walk/jogging, working up to jogging the entire time.)
>2 hours rock climbing, 4 days a week (1hr climbing, 1hr belaying partner)
>40 mins calisthenics 7 days a week (split to 20 mins morning 20 mins afternoon- as many as I can do in 5 mins of pushups, crunches and squats, plus a 5 min plank)
>20 mins light weights every second day (2x 18lb dumbbells, as many as I can do in 5 min each of deadlift, rows, squats and OHP)

Been doing this routine consistently for almost a month now on a serious calorie deficit and I feel like I'm putting on muscle (the exercises are getting easier and I can do more of them) but not losing any fat, which is the opposite of what I would expect.
>>
>>39670479
I eat 2 bits of toast with PB+J for breakfast, snack on fruit, nuts and seeds after treadmill run and morning calis, a decent sized sandwich for lunch (avocado, spinach, tomato, deli meat, cheese, sprouts), then dinner as described in >>39670062

Already got the answer to my main question (I was just thinking about it the wrong way, thought I need to burn all calories eaten through exercise didn't consider normal body functioning would burn them too)

But new questions- with the low intake and the amount of work I put it I must have an even bigger deficit than I thought, so
1. How am I gaining muscle? Or am I not, and it's just increased stamina that is allowing me to do more reps and feels less tired afterward?
2. Why haven't I lost any fat? Am I just expecting it too quickly? I thought I would see at least some kind of result after a full month..
>>
File: 1479762012653.png (249KB, 580x326px) Image search: [Google]
1479762012653.png
249KB, 580x326px
Please help,

I'm on my finals week and very stressed, the problem is that I won't be able to go to the gym on wednesday and thursday, and I'm wondering if I should go today (since I'll have 2 rest days) or go on tuesday, then saturday and miss a day

I'm not sure how to proceed missing days get the worst of me fuck
>>
File: SFxAC_Cut_Man.png (221KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
SFxAC_Cut_Man.png
221KB, 500x500px
So I bulked hard and went from weak shit to lamo 1.5pl8 bench at the cost of gaining around 22lb in 5 months.

I'd like to go on a cut soon so I can enjoy my new found gains, but how do I set my goal? Obviously I've gained muscle since then, so I wouldn't shave all of those 22lb off again, right? Is there a rule of thumb to go by, or some calculation?
>>
>>39670541
I meant tuesday/friday/sunday
>>
>>39669166

How many calories in a planet in a stew of beans, potatoes, carrots and tomatoes? 200 to 400kcal sounds about right?
>>
File: 1479958522457.png (98KB, 575x548px) Image search: [Google]
1479958522457.png
98KB, 575x548px
>>39670550

>Planet

Jesus Christ, I meant Plate.
>>
>>39670550
lol.. depends on how big is your plate

use a fucking scale!
>>
File: tmp_27764-images-1576787772.png (23KB, 406x451px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27764-images-1576787772.png
23KB, 406x451px
Was doing dunbell press at gym, then after i finish this huge guy complimented my focus and gave me tips. Gym was packed with ppl too, felt nice, anyone know this feel?
>>
>>39670566

Gonna buy one tomorrow, but I want to record accurately today.
>>
>>39666666
>>
>>39670570
eat the same tomorrow and measure the same amount. Retroactively record today.
>>
>>39670574

Aight.
>>
How long should I wait after eating to lift?
>>
>>39670539
>Already got the answer to my main question (I was just thinking about it the wrong way, thought I need to burn all calories eaten through exercise didn't consider normal body functioning would burn them too)
Lol. Seriously though. Get that right. You'll hurt yourself if you're starving yourself this way.

>1. How am I gaining muscle? Or am I not, and it's just increased stamina that is allowing me to do more reps and feels less tired afterward?
You are probably gaining a bit of muscle, but only because you are a complete beginner. It's mostly stamina and neural efficiency.

>2. Why haven't I lost any fat? Am I just expecting it too quickly? I thought I would see at least some kind of result after a full month..
Yes. A month is basically nothing.

I assume you haven't lost any weight at all? It's hard to tell, maybe you're underestimating your calories or overestimating your activity.
But what's for sure is that you will not get far by eating 1000kcal and exercising 15 hours per week.
>>
File: 1480692644111.jpg (85KB, 790x602px) Image search: [Google]
1480692644111.jpg
85KB, 790x602px
>>39669166
225 lb fat dude here, If im reading the sticky correctly, most starter programs are 3 days a week, while full rest on off days?

Can I go running on off days, cause I like running, or are those lost gains.
>>
>>39670709
Yep 181lb exactly the same as when I started 1.5 months ago.
The gist I'm getting is that I'm "starving" myself and that's the reason my body is trying to continue storing fat despite the intake deficit and all the exercise?
But I don't feel hungry, if anything I feel more full all day than I ever used to before I started working out and I used to eat loads of crap like mcdonalds at least twice a week. Now I'm eating a lot less calories but they are much more nutrient-dense and it makes me feel so full I just don't feel like I possibly can eat any more then what I currently am.
Do I just force myself to keep eating till I'm on the verge of throwing up or something? How do you /fit/ guys do it?
>>
>>39670568
are you a dyel
>>
>>39670761
Yes, you can. Especially when you first start out.

Lift-run-lift-run-lift is a great schedule. But you do NEED some rest days.
>>
>>39670833
Can I do just sunday rest day?
>>
>>39670842
That's going to be very difficult but if you can stick to it, make sure you're getting 7-8 hours of sleep a night.
>>
I fell for the stronglifts meme and made no gains for 3 months while I was on it, only a bit of strength gains, I switched to iCF 5x5 a couple of weeks ago and i'm already seeing progress. Is stronglifts supposed to be run for a couple of months? What numbers do people aim for on that program?
>>
>>39670852
Actually considering Lift-Run-Lift-REST-Lift-Run-REST

Thanks anon.
>>
>>39670855
>I fell for the stronglifts meme and made no gains for 3 months while I was on it
That's not the programs fault.

Anyway it's supposed to be run for as long as you want it to run, or as long as you see progress.
>>
File: 20161212_160912_HDR~01.jpg (384KB, 2189x1491px) Image search: [Google]
20161212_160912_HDR~01.jpg
384KB, 2189x1491px
These macros can't possibly be right can they?(image related). Most if those ingredients are nuts which have a 2:1 fat to protein ratio so how is there slightly more protein?
>>
>>39670873
I know the site says to run it until you hit 100kg on the squat but I only managed to reach 80 with 3 months of training, my diet and sleep are on point too, I just don't understand why it's taking me so long to hit a 2pl8 squat when i'm doing everything right, and people here and on the misc say they hit a 2pl8 squat in a couple of months without even having their diet in check, something has to be wrong and idk what it is.
>>
>>39670896
You're not eating enough.
You're not achieving depth.

~175lb is respectable in 3 months. The people hitting high numbers early were most likely fatfucks.

t. fatfuck
>>
>>39670911
I've been eating 3k calories for the past couple months but I haven't gained a lot of weight, started off at around 59kg and I'm 66kg/145lb now, guess i'll have to up my calories a little more. I'm going ATG on every set of every rep and it seems like ATG makes it a lot harder than just going to parallel
>>
>>39670138
Bump
>>
>>39670929
You're skeleton tier, that's an extremely respectable weight for a beginner skeleton lord.
>>
While running DNP is it dangerous to play with my pets/will my DNP sweat effect them?
>>
Currently obese here. 5'8" 230, mostly fat. How much fat to lose before it's safe to do squats?
>>
>tfw just reached 200lbs squat

What's some good liftin for shoulders other than lateral raises and rear felt fflies?
>>
>>39670942
ok thanks
>>
>>39670963
It's safe to do squats right away, and you should.
Just make sure your form is correct.
>>
I know you're supposed to do squats 3 times a week on most beginner programs, but when I squat then deadlift after in the same workout, my deadlift really suffers because my lower back is already fatigued from the squats, then it feels like forever for my lower back to recover from the squats/DL's

is it fine if I alternate DL's and squats? also how do I speed up/strengthen lower back recovery?
>>
>>39671059
Your lower back shouldn't be tired from a squat. Work on your squat form.
>>
This is an especially silly question, but how much weight can you have on one side of the bar before it starts to tip off the safety pins?
>>
>>39671012
Oh right on, I just assumed bc people mentioned I should do low impact stuff like swim or bike for cardio rather than run until I lose some more fat. Thanks I'm excited to get started, am doing ss and just did body weight squats next to the rack.
>>
>>39671078
Absolutely for cardio you don't want to destroy your joints. That's repeated heavy impact on them.

Squats are stationary movements. If you do them wrong they can bring harm, but otherwise you're good. I started squatting at 310lbs and never had issues. Maybe look in to squat shoes, you'll have flexibility problems for awhile.
>>
File: images.jpg (22KB, 464x317px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
22KB, 464x317px
>>39669166
Does protein from peanut butter and oats for example """ count"""? Should I only consider animal proteins as protein?
>>
>>39671115
Of course it counts.
>>
>>39671115
All protein counts. However, animal protein is of a higher quality and should always be sought first and foremost as primary protein intake.
>>
>>39671115
Sure, but if you get most of your protein from plant sources, you should aim for more than if you'd mainly rely on animal protein.
>>
>>39671075
From experience once you're just above 2 plates difference on the sides the heavier side will tip
>>
>>39670063
Pretty much, add in some dehydration if you really want to look vascular but I wouldn't recommend it
>>
>>39671122
Is protein a necessity for cutting? I live university-mode and have poor access to protein-rich food that won't give me gyno.

Is it safe to eat 2 eggs a day?
>>
>>39671166
Protein is most necessary for cutting, but it's necessary for everything.
Yes 2 eggs a day is nothing. Try greek yogurt with a scoop of whey protein in it, or oats with whey. Cottage cheese is good and easy.
>>
I'm 6' 235lbs around 25% bf I have recently started eating cleaner and around 225 grams of protien a day should i continue eating like a horse or cut and then bulk?
>>
>>39669903
>>39670137
Don't listen to this retard. Your elbows should not be locked in the top position, always keep your elbows "soft", especially for pushups, pullups, leg raises otherwise you can fuck up your ligaments pretty bad.
Also keep your elbows in, so they should stay close to your body throughout the movement.
This is good pushup form.
>>
>>39671236
At 25% bf, you need to cut. You're fat, my man.
>>
>>39671306
OK I will do so thank you how much do I want to cut down to? Also do you have any cutting guides such as workouts/diet?
>>
How do I cope with slight scoliosis? When I take frontal pictures you can see that one side is more shifted. I can post a pic if you need it
>>
>>39671111
Right on right on, I'll check me out after I give the squat rack a try, thanks
>>
So my hair has been thinning since high school, and I recently started taking Vitamin D because I have a deficiency. It very well may be placebo, but I feel like my hair has been doing better. I feel like less comes out when I run my hair through it in the shower, and it even looks a little thicker. Could a boost in Vitamin D be what my hair needed, or am I just desperate for that to be true?
>>
Tracking my water intake because I never have and want to make sure I'm getting enough.
Should I count the water in my protein shake? Or glasses of pure water only?
>>
>>39671506

I think it is a really good idea to cut to 12% bf before doing a bulk, that way you can easily control your fat gain and never go past 15%bf while adding lean muscle. You'll look better and feel more confident too, besides all the hormonal improvements that come with being at a healthy bf%.
>>
>>39671075
About 1.5plate / 30kg on one side while empty on the other will tip it for me.

It will depend exactly how wide your bar is and how wide apart your pins are. Basically just alternate the sides when you add/remove plates and you'll never have to worry.
>>
>>39671688
All liquid. If you drink milk, count that too. About 90% of milk is water, I personally consider the 10% negligible.
>>
>>39671665
Remember to film yourself the first few weeks. This will help in spotting if you have buttwink, rounded back, and so on.
>>
>>39671690
Awesome I appreciate the help I'm going to start cutting and get that 12%. I went from 150 to 235 trying to get bigger but it seems like I let it get way out of hand. Thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>39671906

No problem, buddy. I am doing exactly the same right now. If you're not using it already, FitnessPal (website) if fucking awesome to keep track of diet and exercises.

Good luck.
>>
How fast did people's OHP progress when they first started lifting? I couldn't do the bar when I first started, and now I can only do 32.5kg for almost 5x5, I was honestly expecting to hit 40kg by the end of the year but I couldn't, what the fuck do I do to increase it?
>>
>>39671932 (You)
been lifting for like 3 months btw
>>
Is the butt wink at squats really as much of a problem as people make it out to be? I've seen powerlifters doing it
>>
I'm trying to get awake and some energy.
What's the best thing I can do for that? I would think energy drinks are not very good with all that sugar. I know nothing, don't even know what to google. I can think of coffee, but I don't like it's taste and all answers I can find are from yahoo answers.
>>
How the fuck do I prevent ass sweat? I tried some boxers that are supposed to prevent it, and so far I haven't sweat through them, but the boxers themselves are still pretty soaked.

Is this just a fatty problem or genetic problem?
>>
>>39671930
Good luck to you my gains guide. I will check out fitness pal
>>
>>39672122
It is and isn't.
If you have slight buttwink you're fine. What matters is if you ever feel lower back soreness.

You should always be trying to correct it though, even if it's slight. Squatting shoes help a ton.
>>
>>39669166
Im looking for the name of an exercise that starts like a squat, but instead of squatting, you just walk carrying the weight on your shoulders
>>
First time poster. I bulged my discs by incorrect deadlift form will it recover in time. 2. My heel and arch hurt extremely bad when I get up from sitting and first thing in the morning is this because of my shoes.
>>
File: 1481123055050.jpg (122KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481123055050.jpg
122KB, 1200x900px
Anyone doing PHUL here? Would you recommend it? I'm going back to the gym after a 2 year "break".
>>
>>39672209
Barbell Lunges? Unless you just mean straight up walking.
not sure what the point of that is, might as well do farmer walks.
>>
>>39672218
Depends how bad your disc is. It can take up to 2 years without surgery.
The pain could be nerve damage from your bulged disc. Are you fat and how long were you fat if so?
>>
>>39669166
Are you supposed to tense your abs while doing deadlifts and squats?
>>
File: uneditedsquats004_2.webm (3MB, 602x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uneditedsquats004_2.webm
3MB, 602x1080px
I squat like this.

Am I risking my spine? Toward the end of the set my quads give out and I shoot up the hips
>>
>>39672494
Yes. That's why people wear belts when lifiting heavy because it gives your abs something to push against.
>>
File: 1395017846876.jpg (58KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
1395017846876.jpg
58KB, 530x530px
Do Deadlifts fuck with your V-taper or is that just broscience?
>>
>>39672296
I just started working out I'm April hurt my back in August do you rows and deadlift. I weight only 151. 21 years young found out my hip was rotated backwards which caused it but the mri showed the discs minimally bulged In l5s1 l4 t11_12 and where you put the squat bar on your neck
>>
I've always been a little weirded out by using q-tips, but I've started using them more regularly now. In my right ear I put the qtip in a comfortable distance, feel it brush against a wall and swab out normal looking wet orange earwax

in my left ear i consistently feel like the qtip could just go in forever (I don't try that) and when I pull it out I get dark brown to black earwax

Now my gums on the left side of my mouth are sore.

I vape, smoke weed and make upwards of 100 cellphone calls a day, with the phone on the left side of my head. Do I have cancer?
>>
So is there any reason to get Adipowers/Romaleos if I can get to the bottom of the squat with good form in my Powerlift 3?
>>
>>39672550
Done properly they will develope your upper back as well, including lats.
>>
>>39672524
It makes my knees hurt more than anything bro. Your knees come forward way too early and boy you got those Power Perfects and still your heels come off the ground :(
>>
>>39672581
From what my friend who's a personal trainer said those mess up your heels because of the angle. But I'm new at this.
>>
I'm 6'0 down to 181 from 203. My weight loss has stalled at around 180-182 for the past two weeks despite consistently eating at a deficit. Do I cut harder or is there some sort or recomp bullshit going on (I mostly get my exercise from team sports and running for conditioning, gym rarely). I definitely have more fat to lose
>>
Im 5'11'' and my wingspan is about 72 inches. When i do pendlay rows, the bar is still far from my chest at the top. My elbows are 45 degrees out. Im sure my form is right, but would having long arms cause this?
>>
File: 1465675254694.jpg (127KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1465675254694.jpg
127KB, 1080x1350px
Is this a good back workout? Skelly here

Deadlift 3x6
Barbell Rows 3x6
Pull-Ups 3xF
T-Bar-Rows 3x10
Lat Pulldown 3x10
Seated Cable Rows 3x10
Curls 3x10
>>
If i'm skinny and trying to bulk hard. I've read that I should rest for longer periods of time in between sets in order to not burn as many calories, is this true? Is two minutes too lengthy of a rest period?
>>
Recovering yamplanet here and my only means of exercise is a cycling machine, is it better to do one long session or multiple shorter sessions throughout the day?
>>
>>39672750
Deadlift 1x5
Pull-ups 3x5-8
DB rows 4x8-12
any kind of row/back exercise 3x8-12
BB curls 3x8-12
Preacher curls 4x8-12(last set dropset)

There you go
>>
>>39672750
I'm not an expert, but from what I understand, if you want to bulk up you should be doing high weight and low reps. Pick a higher weight and do 6-8 reps for curls instead of 10
>>
>>39672893
not the same guy but what made by biceps grow was doing heavy dropset curls
>>
>>39672889
>Deadlift 1x5
why that, Mr Ripptoe?
>>
>>39672922
fine do 3x12
>>
>>39672868
It's better to be more active rather then simply thinking that you have to exercise to lose weight.

The amount of calories you will burn from one long session or multiple small sessions are nothing compared to simply being more active throughout the day.
NEAT can account for 2k of calories burned in a day.

Also, if you do one long sesssion and multiple sessions on top of being more active throughout the day you can keep your body slightly primed for activity and burn more calories.

But hinging all of your weight loss hopes on exercise is foolishness.
Change your eating and activity habits and patterns.
>>
>>39670285
it's coors light 99% of the time I think at 110 calories per bottle, lately ive been having 4-5 12oz coors light and 1 40oz colt .45
>>
>>39670285
>same guy as original >>39670254
also yes your right I guess every one uses something I stopped smoking cold turkey about 3.5 months ago after about 4 years, I conjure will power at times to quit shit but the fucking beer has been my oldest friend
>>
>>39672959
I can talk numbers out of my ass too, how about you tell me why
>>
what leg exercises should be in my routine if i have barbell and dumbbells only? homegym, limited space. dl and variations, squat and variations calf raises?
>>
Been on SL5x5 for about 13 weeks

Currently havent been to the gym in a week due to finals.

My goals are purely aesthetics. Which program would you recommend?
>>
>>39672644
Uhm, I started doing that because is the only way I have to go really deep and keeping my spine as straight as I can. Is this really bad? should I kick back a little?

Also you are right about my heels! I'm working on ankle mobility every day, hope I can fix that soon
>>
File: 1479114986243.png (2MB, 1595x1515px) Image search: [Google]
1479114986243.png
2MB, 1595x1515px
>always alternating between cutting and bulking

What if I just eat whenever and however much I want, but make sure it's only healthy food, and work out a ton? I will end up looking better right? Or do I have to only cut or only bulk?
>>
I started SL5x5 a month ago. At what point should I start warming up with lower weights before doing my sets at working weight?
>>
>>39673603
bump for this question I don't have the patience to do an actual cut/bulk
>>
>>39669183
Diet, and for cardio, do swimming.
Also try lifting weights a bit, just dont do meme lifts like squats or deadlift.

For break I'm going to be stuck with a fitness center that doesn't have a big weight rack for bench and ohp, but does have dumbbells going up to 100lbs.
I know barbell is easier, so should i only do ~two thirds of weight i use on barbells for dumbbells?
For example, instead of doing 1pl8 on ohp, i use two 45lb dumbbells.
>>
File: fitzgslp.jpg (121KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
fitzgslp.jpg
121KB, 700x600px
I'm on pic related and am doing pendlay rows, I feel like I can't hit them without rounding my back. Are there any other barbell row variants that I can do? Anything that might be better? I need bigger lats to balance my physique.
Is there anything else I should add to this routine that it neglects?
>>
How do you guys divide your week up so that you hit each body part proportionally? Assuming you do chest/back/legs/shoulders on separate days. If not, id appreciate some advice on how to evenly distribute my workouts so all parts get equal attention.
>>
I'm having trouble getting gains on my OHP doing 5x5 these days. Is it dumb to do something like 3x8 instead?
>>
Is the Built Like A Badass eBook on the sticky any good? I feel like a big retard doing this workout, been working out since about October and this is my third routine change.
>>
File: 4534675645674.jpg (150KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
4534675645674.jpg
150KB, 700x420px
What will you call a fitness squad which members are a skinhead, a skeleton, a lanklet and a half asian?
>>
>>39673976
Look up startingstrength or use the pic in the post above you. It hits your entire body 3x a week.
>>
>>39673922
Literally do dumbell rows, Pendlay rows are a meme
>>
A long time ago, somebody on here told me that pull ups and chin ups work your traps very slightly. Is this true?
>>
Is cycling the best for cardio because you don't impact your knees?
>>
>>39674009
this

replace pendlay with either dumbbell rows or cable rows, i have no idea why people recommend barbell rows at all
>>
>>39674088
Yup

As does ohp
>>
I never come here. I really dont have time for gym since I go out from my home at 6 am to work, and I comeback at 23:30 after work and study.

But I want to do something about my body. I try to run at least 200m from work to university. But then I read about this 7 minute thing. There are apps with it and everything. Its 7 minutes of mixed exercises. Does it work? Is it going to make me healthier somehow? Would I be able to have a nice body if I do it everyday?
>>
>>39674176
I want to know this too. But it sounds memeish to me.
>>
>>39674168
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>39673603
how to achieve AGA (anti globalist agenda) mode?
>>
I was drinking a protein shake with two scoops= about 48g of protein and my brother told me I was stupid because the body can only absorb 20gs at a time and I was wasting the powder

thats just bullshit broscience right?
>>
>>39674227
That is 100% bullshit
>>
what is the proper form for getting down the dumbell from standing tricep extenson. I'm currently in snap city
>>
>>39674247
I thought so, thanks. its like saying you can only take 50mg of sodium at once and the rest gets pissed out
>>
>>39674227
it's not exactly true, but your individual body has a certain threshold of how much protein it can absorb, everyone is different which is why there's no fixed upper limit (which is why some build muscle faster and more efficiently than others), you just need to find what works for you instead of copying what pro bodybuilders do and consume 300g of protein, that's just dumb as fuck, like I said, get at least 100g a day and you'll most likely be fine with that.

supplement companies have completely distorted people's views on protein intake and made it seem as if you NEED a certain amount of protein to build muscle just to market their supplements, when in reality it's completely false, just find what works with you, trial and error my friend
>>
>>39673998
pls respond
>>
>>39673998
push press to complete your sets if you don't get 5 reps

eat more

make sure you're fuelling your muscles up before you lift

sleep more

do tricep isolation work like extensions

do face pulls

do lateral raises

have patience
>>
File: converse.jpg (25KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
converse.jpg
25KB, 600x400px
has anybody tried lifting in converse? i feel like they should be good liftan shoes because they're flat.
>>
Am I fucking up by not lifting while loosing fat? I just passed the threshold from obese to overweight and I haven't properly exercised in years, I want to lift but I was gonna wait until I'm at a 15 % body fat.
>>
I am a girl with big tits. Do I lower the bench press barbell on top of them or below them? Either way feels wrong, but not as wrong as bringing the barbell on top of them.
>>
>>39674559
it's all i lift in my man, feels good. honestly though i just can't be fucked to spend a bunch of money on autistic lifting shoes, but converse seems to do just fine.
>>
>>39674604

Below, I think.

I have no sources and am a guy, for reference.
>>
>>39671184
Many thanks, anon. I'll try to find as much proton as I can. Hope we all make it brahs.
>>
>>39674595
start lifting asap
>>
>>39674641
>If you’re above 15% body fat (about 24-27% for women), diet first. If you can get to the 10-12% (19-24%) body fat range or so, I think you’ll be in an overall better position to gain mass. Trying to get super lean will probably end up screwing you in the long run because your body will be primed to put back fat on (and most other physiological systems are screwed up as well) when you get super lean.

from: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/initial-body-fat-and-body-composition-changes.html
>>
>>39674604
Plenty of guys bounce the bar off their chest for a little help during bench. Actually if you have huge tiddies and get a proper arch your ROM will be miniscule, I'm jealous desu, have fun e-statting.
>>
>>39674669

START LIFTING, NOW.
>>
>>39669166
Whenever I lift, the next day my elbows and biceps hurt so much that I can't even extend them more than 30 degrees. I stretch before and afterwards, so I don't think it's that. What am I doing to injure myself?
>>
>>39669166
If anyone new to lifting has any questions regarding exercise feel free to ask me, i'll answer if i know the answer
>>
>>39674669
lifting now will help maintain whatever muscle you currently have as you're losing weight

but by all means continue to lose more muscle it's your body
>>
>>39674608
thanks anon, wuv yoooooo
>>
>>39674704
>>39674730

Ok, but should I change anything in my diet? Currently getting 900-1100kcal ( carbs 20%, fats 30%, proteins 50%)
>>
>>39673998
try using fractional plates instead of adding 2.5 kg every time
>>
>>39674743

Height, weight and bf?
>>
>>39674695

I don't really care about numbers. I want the benefits. But every way feels weird.
>>
>>39674743
that's a really low number of calories
>>
>>39674743
>20% carbs
>50% protein

jesus christ wtf are u doing m8 lmao
>>
>>39674763
82kg, 170cm, 22%bf

>>39674795
Suggest a change please.
>>
>>39674817

Are you using FitnessPal? If so, what's your projected weight loss per week? You should keep it at 0.5kg per week for minimal muscle loss
>>
>>39674840
Project is almost 1kg but I'm loosing 1.5-2kg a week. Started at 96kg.
>>
>>39674817
you should be eating more calories

like 1500 at least
>>
hypothetical: if an unaware indian gentleman doesnt seem to notice you trying to put down weights should you drop it on him or cripple yourself trying to avoid him?
>>
I hurt my lower back doing DLs a couple weeks back. Should I try again with the lowest weight possible for a while? Or is there something else I can do instead to build lower back muscle beforehand?
>>
>>39674935
depends on the severity of the injury

if it's just strain you can probably ease into hyperextensions/reverse hypers and light band crunches
>>
>>39674817
>>39674817
Weight loss is, and it seems according to research always will be most effective when you are eating proper macros (Carbs 45-65%, Protein 10-15%, Fat 20-30%) and just reducing caloric intake by 500. That is just the truth. This low carb bullshit was not made for healthy individuals, it stems from a study in which they helped ease metabolic disorders. Then the average retard ran with it and now everyones talking about low carb diets because they dont bother to do research.

Your protein intake is fuckin high. Theres just no need. There is a such thing as a muscle full concept, and there are diminishing returns with protein ingestion. Worse off there is a bolus effect, where eating large amounts will lead to diminished sensitivity to protein effects throughout the day.

Heres my advice. I input that you were 20, i think i read that, im too lazy to recheck.

Assuming you begin resistance training 3-5 days a week, with the goal of losing weight:

Your total daily goal is 2270 kcals. This is what you should be eating. At this moment you are severely under eating, and while you might think youre being healthy im willing to bet you look like shit. And health wise, are shit.

Protein wise I have you at 115g a day. This is 20% of your daily intake.
Carbs wise I have you at 284g at 50% of your intake.
Fats wise I have you at 75 g a day, which is 30%.

Youre already obese, you can afford to cut and gain muscle. Research supports this, especially in overweight individuals. For the most part most gains you do see will be neurological adaptations, in the form of strength. This can occur for anywhere around 4-9 weeks, so just keep in mind your best bet is to focus on proper form and higher volume.

If you have any questions feel free to ask
>>
wtf how big should my dick be, is 14cm that small??
>>
>>39674972
It was a bulging disc according to my physiotherapist but it's fine now, no pain at all.

I'll look into those in the meantime, thanks anon
>>
>>39674773
Bench as normally as your boobs allow. If you are benching lower on your chest you will have to take a narrower grip and it will workout your triceps more. Benching higher on the chest will require a wider grip and if it is wide enough once you go heavy it may cause pain in your shoulders.

They will just reduce your ROM, unfortunately this is what you have to deal with. Maybe try some more paused benching at the bottom to help that part of the bench
>>
>>39675015
yes that's small
>>
>>39675074
how big should it be?
>>
>>39675077

16cm is good.
>>
>>39675015
>>39675077
I'm just fucking with you man, 14cm is fine.
>>
>>39675003
Thank you, I'll adjust my diet from now on.
What exercises would you recommend for resistance training that could be done at home? Is there any program I could follow to help me? I do look like shit and don't really want to join a gym until I'm less self-conscious.
>>
>>39675140
Do you have any equipment available?

I cant claim to do any programs, personally. I do my own version of a PPL that I created on my own. When I work with individuals I normally follow an assessment protocol and then build one depending on their assessment outcomes and my equipment, so I really cant help you there. However any body weight program would be beneficial. Any exercise would be beneficial.
>>
>>39675063
Great answer, thanks
>>
100% noob here.. what else works biceps aside from curls? Started working out over a month ago and have built pretty good triceps, but no improvement on biceps and starting to look weird and disproportional.
>>
Can I do cardio after I finish lifting? Im fat as fuck and too lazy, at least for now, to go to the gym on different days to do lifting/cardio, Can't I just do the two the same day?
>>
>>39675169
Dumbbells, and a pull-up bar.
>>
>>39675197
If you're too lazy for now, you'll be too lazy forever.
Just force yourself into it for a couple of weeks and it will become routine.
>>
>>39675194
Curls are king, if you are not getting the gains you expect in your biceps you are probably cheating on them. Really focus on not swinging, slow your rep speed and find ways to ensure you are only using the bicep.

This is where the mind-muscle connection needs to be built, you should be able to flex/bounce the bicep muscle and use that movement to pull the dumbbell/barbell up when doing curls.
>>
>>39675081
>>39675100
im doing jelq excersises though, so i should get too 16. idk why but im crazy insecure about my dick. thanks for the answer
>>
>>39675218
>>39675194
Also remember the tricep makes up 2/3 of the total mass in the arm when in proportion. Your tricep will be the biggest part of your arm.
>>
>>39675194
If you've only been working out for a month, you're not disproportionate. You, in all likelihood, have no noticeable size.

That said, rows and chins also hit biceps. Other stuff too, but that's all you should be worrying about for now.
>>
let's say I go to the gym and I lift less than normal, whether it's from a bad night's sleep or DOMS or whatever...

does this make the workout completely pointless?

I feel like the consensus on here is "linear progression if you're not lifting a little bit more every time you're doing something wrong" and it makes me question if going to the gym is even worth it on days when I know I won't be at my best.

with running, I feel like running 3 miles a day will make you look better constantly. with lifting, the impression I get is benching 120lbs a day will only help up until a certain point, then it's completely useless
>>
>>39675315
If you ever feel like you may be having a bad session, try and do as much as you can. If it means you only do 1-2 reps on the highest weight that is fine. Afterwards you can reduce the weight and do some paused reps, get a high volume set in or more accessory work.

You will always have a bad session every so often, the important thing you understand is you should get as much as you can reasonably get done in those sessions, so the good sessions can make up for it. A bad session is miles better than not showing up.
>>
>>39675315
Stimulus is stimulus, and submaximal gains are still gains.
>>
>>39675202
youre good with that man.

Push:
Chest press Dbs
Shoulder press Dbs
Tri ext Dbs

Pull:
Pull up
Lat raises/bent over rows
Bicep Curls
Farmerswalks/Shrugs

Legs:
Squats/Goblin Squats
Lunges
Step ups
Side Steps
Calf Raises

Dont worry too much about weight. As a beginner I'm sure your weight is fine, however if you can get more equipment that would obviously be better. Focus on form, and sloe eccentric (4secs) and 2 second concentric movements. You want to do 1-3 sets of 12-20. Normally these rep ranges are paired with a certain load, but you dont need to worry about that if you dont have the equipment because theres nothing you can do about it, plus the goal here is to build those motor pathways.

Make sure your form is good. On lateral raises if the weight is too heavy to do a perfect rep, reduce weight. Invest in resistance bands if you can. Theyre fairly cheap and can be effective for corrective exercises. Make sure you engage the core every workout.
>>
my brother wants some resistance bands for christmas and idk what to buy. can anyone help?
>>
>>39675453
m8 are you sure youre not just the guy i replied to telling him to buy resistance bands
>>
>>39669166
ive been doing 5/3/1 for a while, but i think i might have some linear gains left
im at around 170, and my numbers are sitting at 130/190/300/345 ohp/bench/squat/deads
over my winter break i was going to switch to texas method for a couple of reasons, but would it be worth it for me to try SS to see if I could ride the linear gains train for a bit?
>>
>>39669166
Currently I'm on Greyskull's LP lifting program. For when I eventually move up to an intermediate program what weights should my lifts be at? Which is better Texas Method or Bill Starr 5x5?
>>
>>39670187
What is a pump??
>>
I'm reaching the end of SL and I want to move a program that could give me a decent physique while also increasing strength.

I was thinking of the Texas method but I dont think it will help improve my physique. I thought about doing PHUL but I doubt my lifts would improve adequately.

Are there any other options?

BW 92 KG -> 202
SQ 107.5 -> 236
BP 62.5 -> 137
ROW 60 -> 132
DL 120 -> 264

Im going to carry on SL until I start stalling so im looking ahead here
>>
>>39675714
what were your beginner lifts and how long have you been lifting for?
>>
>>39676039
When your muscles are pumped up full of blood from working them.. kinda looks like you're flexing but without actually flexing.
>>
>>39675632
nah m8. just got onto /fit/
>>
>>39676118
started lifting 4 years ago, only during school, would take a break off over summer. yeah, i know, stupid
then college came and i didnt lift til january last year, then i took a break over summer again (i know stupid) and then i started again this august, and ive been taking it really serious this time
so, aug-may, break, aug-may, break, jan-may, break, aug-now
when i started again this time i was at around 225 squat, 240 dead, 155 bench, 95 press (had never trained ohp before) and at about 150 pounds
ive been bulking and getting at least 8 hours, first time ive ever trained with a surplus and good sleep too
sorry i know its a wall of text, it's kind of complicated. I decided to go with 5/3/1 i dont know why, but i cant go back now
>>
Is my upper buttcrack supposed to hurt when showering after doing 50 sit ups?
>>
>>39676302 What do you do your situps on? Sounds like it could be carpet burn, or a blister from that area rubbing on the ground or something like that.
Buy a gym mat if you work out at home. Best $80 I ever spent.
>>
>>39676376
I see. I did my sit ups on the naked floor but recently I've been using a towel to accommodate my ass when I do it. Seems to be working as I no longer experience that pain. Should see about getting one of those mats.
>>
My bench press is having trouble with lockout or the top half of the movement.
This happens with both volume sets and heavy days.

Gonna lower the weight for the cycle but are there any accessories or cues you guys have used with success for this?
>>
>>39676438
if im not mistaken thats the part of the movement where the triceps take over. you should probably just work triceps a bit more, there are plenty of good exercises for that. I would really recommend dips if you arent already doing them
>>
>>39676438
>>39676473
he's right, triceps generally takes over in that area BUT watch Omar's new video, he specifically targets this problem most people have
it's probably a case of bad form as well
>>
>>39676116
honestly, PHUL is a very solid program that has given me amazing gains
at least give it a try for a few weeks
>>
1 month since I've began working out. TINY gains all around, but body fat is the same as before I started. (19%) Am I on the right track?
>>
>>39676628
as long as you keep going, you are on the right track
remember: slow progress is still progress
>>
>>39670138
Yes, if you're running a HLM program.

>>39670145
No. Get under a bar. Add weight until the bar slows down.

>>39670216
Don't bother cutting if you're on linear progression; once you move to intermediate is the time to do a slow cut.

>>39670230
Keep benching; they'll even out.

>>39670379
Stop training fasted.

>>39670438
Shorten your stride so your feet hit the ground three times a second. No, that's not a typo - 180 steps a minute.

>>39670447
No need for preworkout.

>>39670963
Just get under the fucking bar.

>>39671059
If your lower back is sore after squats, you're likely not keeping your back in extension.

>>39671075
Two plates (90lbs) has been my experience with an Olympic bar and a Rogue rack.

>>39671932
OHP is an ass to progress on without microplates.

>>39672144
Jog for ten minutes. Skip rope. Just get moving.

>>39672922
Read the fucking book. It's in there.

>>39674227
Bullshit, 99.94% pure by atomic weight.

>>39674595
Yes.

>>39674604
Try to touch down at the bottom of the sternum.

>>39674716
Stop stretching before and check your form.

>>39674923
He walks into your bar path, let him have it.
>>
File: 1377566681396.jpg (319KB, 806x605px) Image search: [Google]
1377566681396.jpg
319KB, 806x605px
losing 24 pounds is really gonna take half a year?

How do you guys manage it for so long?
>>
>>39677198
Persistence, routine, lifestyle change.
Losing 24 pounds is gonna take half a year.
Keeping those 24 pounds off is gonna take the rest of your life.
You'll never make it.
>>
>>39677198
losing 24 lbs takes like 2 months lmao
>>
how bad is the flavored sparkling water?

Right now Im using them as a substitute and will eventually just stick to plain ole water.
>>
>>39676116

Keep doing SLs until you stall, then do PHUL. It's a pretty solid routine. The only change I'd make to it is move deadlifts to the second lower day.
>>
>>39666666
>>
File: dewit.jpg (147KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
dewit.jpg
147KB, 1500x1500px
Where should I touch my chest with the bar when I bench incline?
>>
>>39677198
I lost 40 lbs in 5 months. I guess I'm just genetically predisposed to lose fat fast ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>39677358
forearms vertical can be a useful rule of thumb.

but really, touch wherever feels best and least stressful on the shoulders.
>>
File: tumblr_n48ruwiC3t1qlqs61o5_1280.png (891KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n48ruwiC3t1qlqs61o5_1280.png
891KB, 900x505px
How can I fix my lower back pain? Every time I think it's gone I try squatiing/deadlifting 135 and it starts killing me

I'm 175 lbs and used to deadlift around 250.
Should I just wait like 5 months and start low weight or what?
Anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>39677403
learn how to brace properly.
intra-abdominal pressure, valsalva maneuver, contract lower back muscles and core/ab muscles at the same time, etc.
>>
I'll go on a short trip so I'll be away from my gym and my supplements for a week. What's a good routine to just keep my body as occupied as possible these days?
>>
>>39677403
back extensions. helped me out. Go unweighted then progress to weighted
>>
Beginner here, what supplements/pre workout/post workout/protein should I take?
>>
>>39677415
Okay so would just doing the exercises slower meet that description?

>>39677431
did you do them daily? also does back extensions just mean stretching my back like trying to touch my toes?
>>
>>39677450
I believe the sticky covers that.
>>
>>39677457
>also does back extensions just mean stretching my back like trying to touch my toes?
No, just google it, man...
>>
File: back-extension-exercise.jpg (55KB, 767x420px) Image search: [Google]
back-extension-exercise.jpg
55KB, 767x420px
>>39677457
>>
>>39677450
These supplements sound fun but I would just get some protein. Syntha-6 edge is apparently pretty good check it out on amazon.

I used to take C4 before every workout but it was unnecessary, fun but unnecessary
I don't even think about pre workout anymore because I enjoy lifting
>>
>>39677486
>>39677481
ahh ok thanks
>>
>>39677457
No, but doing it slower can help to practice what I said more easily.
Really, websearch everything I said, and look it up on youtube.
>>
today in the gym I spotted a guy who was borderline natty, not natty.

He was doing super shirt ROM on everything he touched. I was always preached at to do the full ROM and this giant of man was only doing 3 - 4inches of motion on everything.

Whats the idea behind that?
>>
How much should a fit 5'11" guy weigh? Lets say shooting for 15% body fat and lifts regularly.
>>
>>39677564
http://www.thecalculator.co/health/Fat-Free-Mass-Index-(FFMI)-Calculator-794.html
>>
I don't believe my latest DEXA scan results. 4 months ago I got scanned with the result of
>82kg total
>36kg LBM
>4kg bone
>42kg fat
>BF >50%
Today the scan says
>74kg total
>49kg LBM
>3kg bone
>22kg fat
>BF 31%
While I did pick up lifting immediately after my first scan 4 months ago, I just don't see how I could have gained that much muscle considering I've obviously been on a cut, and I'm female. Do any anons think this is possible or did I get ripped off?
>>
>>39677367
how
>>
>>39677612
neat I didn't know about that calculator

It seems 185 at 15% is a good goal to shoot for
>>
Is 1/2/3/4 for reps or 1rm?
>>
>>39675243
jelqing is as sound as nofap, which is a complete meme.

Don't waste your time.
>>
>>39677662
Dexa is usually pretty accurate. Especially compared to the alternatives. Do you have before/after pics? How much have your lifts increased by since then?
>>
>>39675243

>>39677841
this.
but jelqing can actually be dangerous too.
there are people who've permanently fucked their dick up by doing it.
>>
>>39677525
Hes on roids thats the idea
>>
So im kind of just winging it here with getting healthy. Does the plan ive come up with make sense. I find it easier to stick with something if I have defined plan laid out.

Im currently eating 2000 calories a day. I weigh 330 lbs. Im not exercising at all right now. My doctor said for now I should just focus on weight loss and exercise later. He wouldn't give me any set numbers so I am going to try and set my own. When I hit 270 I will start the couch to 5 K on an elliptical. I also will start a flexibility program because as it stands right now I have a horrible range of motion.

When I get to 230 lbs hopefully at this point I will be in good enough shape and flexible enough to start lifting. I will start a lifting program like stronglifts 5x5. Then from there get under 200 lbs.

Then I would need to reassess and figure out new goals and where to go from there. Ultimately I want to get under 20% body fat.

The time it takes to get to 230 Im guessing will be a little under 2 years. If I really push I could probably get it in 18 months. Then to get the rest of the way im guessing another 2 years. Ive heard the last bit always takes the longest. So over all im guessing to get my body actually healthy and starting to reverse all the shit ive put it through will take about 4 years if im being conservative. Ive seen some crazy transformations over a 2 year period but if I push that hard in the beginning I will probably quit like last time.
>>
>>39669296
Do 1 arm dumbbell rows.

If you go to a commercial gym with standard dumbbells just go up in reps before you up the weight.

So 3x5, 3x6, 3x7, 3x8, then go to the next weight up.
>>
>>39669296
you could just do them with a more horizontal back, so regular bent-over barbell rows.

>>39677941
at 330lbs, the most important thing is to change your eating habits to something more healthy AND sustainable.

forget about TDEE calculators or whatever, and just track two things: 1. your weight 2. your daily intake.
If 1 isn't going down, adjust 2. That's it.

cardio on elliptical or bike or rowing is fine, but not necessary. at 330lbs, walking is good cardio too.

lifting is fine, but not necessary.

really, the most important thing is figuring out how you can do something SUSTAINABLE.
don't be afraid to try out different things: different foods, different sports, etc.
>>
>>39669406
I bench 3 times a week doing this program, have been for 3 weeks now and went from 5 x 175 to 5 x 205.

I've been eating non stop I shall say.

Day 1: Light day - 70% of 1rm. 2x8 reps 1 set of AMRAP

AMRAP: If you hit 8 reps, use the same weight next week.

If you hit 9 or 10 reps, +5lbs If you hit 11 or 12 reps, +10lbs If you hit >12 reps, +15lbs

Day 2: Medium day - 75% of 1rm. 2x6 reps 1 set of AMRAP

AMRAP: If you hit 6 reps, use the same weight next week.

If you hit 7 or 8 reps, +5lbs If you hit 9 or 10 reps, +10lbs If you hit > 10 reps, +15lbs

Day 3: Heavy day - 80% 1rm. 2x4 reps 1 set of AMRAP

AMRAP: If you hit 4 reps, use the same weight next week.

If you hit 5 or 6 reps, +5lbs If you hit 7 or 8, +10lbs If you hit >8 reps, +15lbs

Notes: 1) The weight increase on each day affects only the weight used for that same day the following week. For example, if you hit 10 reps on light day, the 5lb increase affects the next light day, not medium day.

2) If you find the loading scheme too aggressive, cutting the numbers in half to 2.5lbs, 5lbs, and 7.5lbs.

3) Do a shit ton of rowing and chins/pull ups. Seriously, back work helps your bench a ton.
>>
File: 2016-12-13 15.26.18.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-13 15.26.18.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>39677855
I'm mostly suspicious because that gives me an FFMI of 19 which is supposedly very difficult for a woman not taking roids. Then again that's tested on the general population who probably don't lift weights.
OHP 10kg -> 22.5kg
BP 20kg -> 37.5kg
Squat 30kg -> 65kg
Deadlift 30kg -> 80kg
Pic related, left is from the time of the first scan in August, right is from today. Still overweight and feel like I have at least 15kg to lose.
>>
>>39670438
Just take an extra day in between runs.
>>
>>39670761
It depends on your goals.

Strength? No
Lose weight? Yes
>>
>>39677994
I wouldn't worry about it.
You look a lot better. Those are some really good (aesthetic) results for just 4 months.

You could still lose more weight, so just keep going.
>>
if someone is obese level 2 which means basically you will die from heart attack in the future. then wouldnt it be better to lose weight asap by survivor tier low calorie mode+ low impact cardio for a long time, and then once they are in "normal fat" ranges then start to eat and lose weight like a normal person?
>>
>>39670873
>icf

Ew, here take my greyskull variation

Split A
2x5,1x5+ Bench Press
2x5,1x5+ Pendlay Row
2x5,1x5+ Squat
3x10 Rope Pushdown
3x10 Incline Hammer Curl
3x12 Standing Calve Raise
3x12 Ab Rollout

Split B:
2x5,1x5+ Overhead Press
2x5,1x5+ Chin Ups
1x5+ Deadlift
3x10 Lateral Raise
3x10 Dumbbell Shrugs
3x10 Face Pull
3x12 Seated calve Raise

The + means Amrap or As many quality reps as possible , always leave 1 in the tank.

Buy microplates off Amazon to do 2.5 pound increments for upper body exercises.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005LZSR40/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1481247442&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=1.25+pound+plate&dpPl=1&dpID=41ehc4sjA3L&ref=plSrch

Do 5 pounds for lower body.

If you hit 10 reps go up by double increment.

If you go under 5 reps deload by 10% next workout.
>>
>>39672959
3x6 is fine if you start light, especially if you're only deadlifting once a week. Your body will adapt.
>>
When I start lifting I always end up looking fatter so I just stop. The muscle pushes my fat out and makes me look really chubby and gross. I used to be 115 lbs but since I started lifting I'm at 128. I really hate my body now. I thought I would look lean and muscular but I just look like a bloated chubby girl. I shouldn't have listened to /fit/.
>>
>>39673603
I started doing this recently and feel amazing. No obsessing over macros, no staring at the scale, lifts going up and feel amazing. Pants have gotten loser so I assume I lost some weight.
>>
>>39674139
Yes, it also compromises strength less then running due to the muscle recruitment
>>
>>39677941
You can speed things up by being more active.
If you weigh 330lbs, your bmr should be around 2900kcal, a 2000kcal diet should give you a deficit of over 1000 per day assuming that you dont spend all day in bed.

Walking an extra mile a day should result in losing another 1.5 to 2 pounds a month. Take the stairs whenever possible.
After you hit ~275 you should start working out more and/or eating less to keep your weight loss going at the same pace.
>>
>>39678091
Post pics? Also are you in the Michigan/Ohio/Indiana region?
>>
>>39677838
I'd do it for 5rm.
>>
I've recently moved back in with my Nanna after living with my now ex-girlfriend for 3.5 years out of the 5 year relationship. We broke up due to my lack of drive, anger about my shitty life and anxiety/depression for the same reason. Plus being NEET for the majority of the relationship.
Now I've had this massive kick up the ass, I want to get my life on track and hopefully prove I can be a productive human and not a waste of space.

So I took the squat rack, Olympic bar, Olympic dumbbell x 2 and the ~60kg worth of weights that we bought ages ago that I never got around to using, and have owned the Starting Strength book for years now barely having read it.
So now I'm keen to actually get stuck into proper weight lifting and bike riding, I'm about 5'8 and ~75kgs (I have no scales) and am looking to gain muscle mass / strength but lose the excess fat I've gained from being sedentary for so long, when I started the relationship I was around 65kg and was a cardio fiend at the gym (wanted to get into weights but too self conscious to learn in a room full of people who know what they are doing).

So I guess what I want to know is, is SS going to be a good start for me, and if so how important is diet? Living with my Nanna it's going to be near impossible to eat proper healthy dinners as she wants to eat with me but won't want to eat chicken breast + veggies every night, but my other two meals I have absolute control over (not that I've eaten much the past week+ due to the break up sadness), and I don't drink soft drink, only water and sometimes cordial for a bit of flavour.

Other question is, is riding bike 2-3 times a week going to impact anything to do with my lifting? Like I said I want to be lean but also strong, maybe swimmers body but with a bit more bulk as I don't want to become a turbomanlet with huge body on tiny frame (pic related).

Any other advice about where to go from here would be greatly appreciated.
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 1534x1085px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 1534x1085px
Does anyone have similar infographics to this, where it's a one-stop shop for knowing all the basi information about the lift? I'm looking for something like this but for deadlifting
>>
Why is "gym shorts" a meme

pls
>>
Is it alright to replace Bent over barbell rows with Dumbell rows? My core already gets work from my other compound exercises.

I just cant get, Barbell row down. I am too tall and too weak to prevent my self from rounding back and standing up.
>>
So I've been getting a bunch of confusing results from my research on creatine. Does it actually matter when you take it during the day? Do you need to combine it with fruit juice? Is it just as effective if I mix it in with my post-workout protein shake?
>>
>>39679287
my 2 cents
what ive read:
have to take it before/after, with juice
have to take it before/after
taking before/after has better results
it doesnt matter
what ive observed taking it:
doesnt matter when i take it
doesnt matter if i use juice
as long as i get 5g a day then i feel a boost in my workout, creatine is one of maybe 3 or 4 supplements including protein i will actually buy. dont sweat the little stuff too much anon, keep it simple man, we're all gonna make it
>>39679052
maybe not replace, but supplement. keep working form for BB row with light weight and use DB row to build it. if you do 5 sets of 10 DB row twice a week in a month your upper back will be much stronger
>>
Where's a good place to get exercise equipment online?

I want to get some basic stuff to do compound exercises.
>>
>>39679411
craigslist and ebay my man, wait about another 2 months and deals will be had
>all the resolutioners giving up
>all the sweet sweet deals fueled by fat ass failure
>>
>>39679423
sounds like a good idea to me, thanks.
>>
does jerking off night before going to the gym have any affect on lifts?
>>
I feel like im not getting stronger. Ive been hitting the gym for 3 weeks, 5 days a week, and I still cant bench more than 135 without struggling on like the 5th or 6th rep. Ive been doing 135 since the first week, with a spotter. Its not just the bench, Ive barely been able to increase the weight in any other exercise. How can I get stronger?
>>
>>39679530
slow the fuck down. 5 days a week is too much for a beginner, especially if you're doing the same exercises each day.

Have you even read the sticky? Are you eating at a surplus?
>>
>>39679594
Im not doing the same exercises every day. monday-chest, tuesday-back, wednesday- shoulders, thursday-legs, friday-arms. I eat a shit ton of protein everyday along with protein shakes. Water and fruit smoothies too.
Why shouldnt I go to the gym so much? I thought that was a good thing..
>>
>>39677841
>>39677864
Seriously? A lot of people online say it works, so why shouldnt it. There tons of videos on people doing it and explaining how it works. What is your evidence/reasoning that it doesnt work?
>>
>>39679615
So you haven't read the sticky. Good to know.

A beginner has 0 reason to do isolation exercises without building up their core first. Furthermore, you're just wasting time by separating your exercises onto different days. Compound exercises, such as the Squat, Deadlift, Chin Ups, and Pendlay rows work many muscle groups, instead of just one. Also a "shit ton" of protein means literally nothing without solid numbers behind it. Are you eating at a surplus? What are you eating besides protein?

> fruit smoothies
WRONG

>>39679627
because if it did doctor's wouldn't say "it doesn't work", there would be scientific studies that showed proof that it worked, and there'd be 4 billion men with 8-inch flaccid dicks.
>>
pls answer questions
>>
>>39679646
There was a doctor that said it worked, if im not mistaken. And no you woulndt have 8 billion people with 8 inch dicks because there is a limit to your body, jist as with weightlifting... Idk if there are scientific studies but there are studies (polls) out there.
>>
>>39679676
and there are unscientific polls and studies that say weight is genetic. Are you going to trust those?

The last place to trust is one of the forums for penis growth like thunder'splace or pegym because those all depend on anecdotal "success" stories. On top of that, it doesn't take a lot of digging to find posts complaining about pain during erections, discomfort, and even full-blown ED.

If you want to kill your dick anon, I don't give a shit. I'm not here to argue with you. But there's no known way to grow your penis; It's a very complicated organ.
>>
>>39679693
Thats called overtraining, the pain and stuff.
>>
>>39679705
You sure seem to know a lot about something that you've never tried and are asking people about.

And again: There is no method to permanently enlarge the penis outside of surgery, and that itself is hugely risky and rarely practiced.
>>
File: 1470537605914.jpg (99KB, 962x610px) Image search: [Google]
1470537605914.jpg
99KB, 962x610px
Few months into SS.

I lift every MFW, however my car ended up breaking down after work and I couldn't go to the gym.

Timewise, I really can't afford to adjust my schedule to T-Th-Sun because of the way my work hours are. To get my schedule back on track, can I just lift two days in a row this week, so Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, then rest the weekend and continue on as normal? For a novice, this isn't hurting anything, right?
>>
>>39679722
Have you tried it? I dont know why you dont believe it. I read up on it, you should too maybe it changes your mind. The moment you have discomfort you can just stop and your body repairs itself, so unless you go crazy i dont see a problem.
>>
>>39679782
because I know better than to try something with zero proof that it works and, according to its own conspiracy-theory community, has mixed-results at-best that are temporary and go away if you stop.

I'd rather roid because at-least those are proven to work.
>>
>>39679765
This is good for any stage of lifting. It is better to make a small adjustment to your schedule if necessary than skip a day. The following weeks where you are on schedule will more than make up for it. It may suck having to lift 2 days in a row and you may not hit any goals for those days, but its better than skipping the gym.

At least that is what I have found.
>>
>>39679765
missing one day isn't a big deal. Don't make it a habit of course, it should only be one day out of every 40 gym days or something. Do something to work yourself that day instead of gym, or see if a friend can drive you and pick you up.

Don't beat yourself up if you end up having to miss it. Just be ready to hop back on track as soon as your car is fixed.
>>
I started lifting again a month ago and the first day back i completed the same bench workout i did a month before. The next bench workout i ended up benching 10 lbs less and the same weight from before felt way harder. How do you explain this? I figured maybe I had an easier time the first time bc my body wasnt fatigued from working out regularly. Is this a thing or did i just grossly miscalculate the weight?
>>
>>39679813
It's possible you miscalculated, but the real answer can be anywhere. Maybe you just had an off-day. Maybe on that day back you had crazy energy and could lift more than usual. Unless it's a continuous problem I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>39679793
Lol, ive never read that gaind go away if you stop, only that they are permanent. And the results are mixed yes, the results of a lot of things are mixed. Depending on macros micros effort genetics.
>>
>>39679765
Calis bro. Try doing a couple of handstand pushups if you miss your weights so bad
>pro-tip: you're gonna fail miserably because handstand pushups are more of a workout than whatever you're lifting.
>>
What do I buy my GF for christmas?
>>
>>39679948
(((Jew)))ellery and dildos.
>>
>>39670539
More reps =/= more muscle. You're right, you're mainly building stamina/endurance.
That said, noob gains are a thing, so you'll probably gain a little for a while.

>>39670812
Starvation mode is more or less a myth. Just keep at it, and make sure you're counting calories correctly (might be worthwhile outlining what you do, because it's very common for people to make mistakes).
Also make sure you're not drinking excess calories.

Muscle also weighs more than fat, so you may have lost a bit of fat but made up the difference in weight with small muscle gains.
>>
>>39679948

An olympic bar and a sack of oats.
>>
File: Capture.png (593KB, 491x515px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
593KB, 491x515px
Somewhat new to lifting, started in November the first time seriously. 25, 5'10, 170
Im doing SL and can add weight without problems but while I somewhat feel the exercises after working out, I have barely noticable doms. No problems walking up stairs etc
I have been active my entire life till I injured myself and stopped, but even then retained a good physique my normie standards.

I miss not being soaked in sweat and barely able to move so I decided to do additional sets after the 5x5 with less weight for 10 reps. Furthermore, farmer's walks, dips, chin ups. According to SS, symmetry is 80.

Will these additional sets impede my strength progress too much?

Squat 200lbs (90kg), DL 210lbs (95kg), OHP 80lbs (35kg), Rows 140lbs (65kg), bench (140) 65kg since early November. I feel like I could add decent weight and still be able to lift them with good but like to progress slowly

Also, after how many months did you lift 1/2/3/4?
Thread posts: 357
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.