[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endurance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1020.jpg (78KB, 1020x673px) Image search: [Google]
1020.jpg
78KB, 1020x673px
Guys, I need help. My workout has always sucked because I have so little tolerance for pain and discomfort.

I don't mean that on a physical level, but on a mental one. As soon as the pain starts to kick in, I can only take myself a little further before I have to stop. And I know by comparison that most people have more endurance than I do.

This lack of mental discipline hinders me on all spheres of life, and certainly delaying my gains too.

Is there any way to improve this? I'm thinking of starting a few meme exercises like meditation and cold shower, but that's all I can think of.
>>
>>39680041
Find a partner of your choice and have them spank and whip you. Even better, get them to go full dom on you. Eventually you'll associate pain and discomfort with (erotic) pleasure and you'll have turned yourself into a masochist.
>>
>>39680055
Dont do that. You will end up being a cuck.
>>
>>39680064
Most subs I know are monogamists.
>>
File: Comfort-Zone.png (142KB, 301x223px) Image search: [Google]
Comfort-Zone.png
142KB, 301x223px
>>39680041
Pain- You shouldn't have pain in a workout
Discomfort- That's how you fucking grow, man
Shut the fuck up and get to the gym
>>
File: 0c2a8539f63f2ca85eb941943219656d.jpg (372KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0c2a8539f63f2ca85eb941943219656d.jpg
372KB, 1920x1080px
>>39680041
the only way to get tolerance up is to push your boundaries, be it endurance or whatever.

Sounds cheesy clickbait but it is the only way to go. Start small and keep doing it.

It really is like working out.
>>
Start running, start with 3k then gradually start trying for 5k then 7k, so on and so forth. 10k is enough imo, but if you want to go longer then go for it. I assure you, it's going to be painful and it'll teach you mental fortitude if you try to finish your goal. It'll even probably help you in your daily life.
>>
>>39680041
focus on your goals, anon. isn't it worth the pain? if it's not, whatever. why suffer for something you don't even care about?

also, meditation is good for many things. but not for this.
>>
you lack a motivation
i had the same problem when i was running, but when i went to a boxing gym i knew i couldn't let myself to be weak around all these hardened dudes, so i did my best and my endurance skyrocketed
>>
Pain in workout = bad

For real "pain" try hardcore stretch training, this is where you actually have to overcome pain - in normal workout not at all though: tiredness, weakness, trembling but no "pain".

If you feel pain it meens you overexert yourself and should stick to something simplier until mastering it and ready to move to next stage.
>>
In general - you should feel pain on next day AFTER workout, not DURING workout.
>>
Have cold showers every day. It will increase your resistance to discomfort. Also do mindfulness and remove yourself from the pain as it is happening. Of course, don't injure yourself and stop if you are being harmed.
>>
>>39680055
great strategy
>>
>>39680041
meditation can help because it increases your concentration

the trick is to concentrate on the pain, if you become one with the pain you deal with it better

pain only hurts when you run away from it

if you face it pain don't hurt
>>
>>39680397
thats not how mindfulness works

with mindfulness you increase your recognition of pain

which actually helps you with it

its the mind wanting to be somewhere else that leads to the suffering of the pain
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.