[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cut or Maintain?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 2016-12-12 16.02.46.jpg (686KB, 793x1920px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-12 16.02.46.jpg
686KB, 793x1920px
I'm 6'2 and super skinnyfat, 180 pounds. Should I cut to 170 while lifting or just lift and maintain at 180? Thanks
>>
>>39674038
Lift hard and bulk. You can do both at your current weight. You are obviously a novice, so you will get those sweet noob gains.
>>
Just.
Fucking.
Lift
>>
go get em
>>
Cutting and bulking are too vague.

Cut out the shit that's bad for you, and start eating protein foods.

I'm 5'9' and 200lbs

Make your muscles so big people ignore your gut. Also buy a jumprope and use it for 30min warmups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qosVFBphcg&t=201s
>>
Bulk hard and lift big

You're gonna make it
>>
>>39674072
>has a huge gut
>tell him to gain weight

This is why people think /fit/ is stupid
>>
>>39674224
>Guy has no muscle
>Tell him to turn into a skellington

This is why you don't have any friends. You can bodybuild without putting on a shit ton of non-muscle weight.
>>
>>39674339
Skellinton is loads better than lardass and skinnyfat. Retard.
>>
>>39674402
You work up to builtfat and then you cut, or it gets harder to put on muscles and your cut becomes a waste of time.
>>
File: wkout.jpg (122KB, 1060x507px) Image search: [Google]
wkout.jpg
122KB, 1060x507px
>>39674038
I have a same body shape and I made this chart for myself

its not much but it reminds me of the exercises I should be doing to cover everything.

Arrive at the gym and either do 2 rows or column.

im going to be sorting out my diet, stretching alot, arriving at the gym and doing one column or 2 rows in my hour session then go home.

rep ranges will be something like 5 x 10 for all the weights as I want to lift heavy and also get ripped.
>>
Maintain/bulk and lift.
>>
>>39674402
look at his posture, his gut isn't actually that big. i had the same problem when i first started out, i thought i had way too much belly fat and was afraid to bulk but it was actually my awful posture and no muscle mass making me look like that
>>
>>39674435
i guess different strokes for different folks

i would personally prefer not to be a fat fuck for a long period of time because it fucking sucks. and i suspect most people would agree with me

but hey if you'd rather do that more power to you
>>
OP here, will eating at a deficit while reaping beginner gains work then?
>>
>>39674542
You won't get bigger but it will be slower than if you maintain/bulk. Srsly, there is no point to cut. You will look like a starving African. Just maintain.
>>
File: Bulkorcut.jpg (17KB, 275x264px) Image search: [Google]
Bulkorcut.jpg
17KB, 275x264px
>>39674542
this is you
>>
>>39674542
*You will get bigger.
>>
>>39674532
You have serious issues if you think op is fat. I consider anything less than obese "temporarily embarrassed"

Fuck aesthetics, lift big. Cut when you reach whatever lifting goal you were striving toward, you'll be be enough that a cut will actually do something for your aesthetic by then.
>>
>>39674611
haha yeah you got me
>>
>>39674542
Metabolism works like this:
When you lose weight, you lose muscle along the way. With a dieted body, once you've lost weight, your body will tend to pile up fat faster than muscle, because it will try to regain what it has lost. You would need a couple of weeks of mantaining your weight until your body adjusts.

But if you bulk right now, you will look like a fat fuck but when you have gained some muscle, the body tends to try to keep it, so it is more effective to bulk up slowly and then cut while trying to keep your gains.

tl;dr -
Route A: Cut until you get to 10% BF, then mantain for some weeks, then bulk. You will gain almost NO muscle until you start bulking, but your gut will be gone.

Route B: Faster way to get ripped and lose the fat afterwards, but you will look like a fat fuck in the meantime.

All of this assuming no steroid use.

Gut gone fast or Long term effectiveness, pick your poison.
>>
>>39674657
Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for. Poison A it is
>>
>>39674674
ding ding ding right answer
>>
If I am you I will choose route B. Seriously dont cut. Just maintain and you wont look like a fat fuck. Being skinny fragile fuck is a lot worse than being a fat fuck anyway. And at least you wont lose your almost nonexistent muscle.
>>
>>39674753
>Being skinny fragile fuck is a lot worse than being a fat fuck anyway
no one but you thinks this
>>
>>39674038
LIFT + Bulk
cut all drugs and alc and eat tons of protein
go feggit
you fucking clown
>>
>>39674762
Lol builtfat > skinny kid fragile like girls. Get over it kid
>>
>>39674224
His gut isn't from being overweight but from bad posture. Lifting and a bit of stretching is the best he can do to lose it, even while bulking.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.