[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rippetoe hates arms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: rippetoe on arms.jpg (871KB, 1920x1032px) Image search: [Google]
rippetoe on arms.jpg
871KB, 1920x1032px
"(...) no thought whatsoever should be given to the arms. None."

This is what your lord and saviour LITERALLY writes about arms in his very own book. If you haven't realized that SS is the father of all memes you can't be helped, you're never going to make it and should probably just kill yourself right now.
>>
Is this what passes for bait?
>>
This is for powercleans
But I agree, people shouldn't be doing as if they want to improve how they look
Just look at progress pics of people doing as and sl
>>
>>39673902
That's how you do a clean, tho
Same way how you don't use your arms to pull up the bar in a diddlylift
>>
>>39673931
it's also the reason why nobody who did any rippetoe program ever developed any noteworthy arms to begin with. the man hates arms and thinks no though whatsoever should be given to the arms ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 738x415px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 738x415px
>>39673902

Everything you need for arms is in the program:

The Press (triceps)
Bench Press (triceps)
Deadlifts (forearms)
Chin-ups (biceps)
>>
>>39674311
post your arms then
>>
>>39674337

Its a novice program for 3-6 months. After that you move onto intermediate programs. No novice program worth a damn has arm isolation of any kind
>>
>>39674368
post your arms, not your words
>>
File: 20161129_003655.jpg (335KB, 618x717px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_003655.jpg
335KB, 618x717px
Ya can't squat with your arms, boy. Can't kick a soccer ball with em either. After startin strength ya won't even need em to pleasure yourself on account of all the pussy you'll be gettin.
>>
This is the ideal malebody. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance look like.
>>
>>39674449
Thank you, based rippletits
>>
>>39674368
word
>>
>>39674477
this is the result of SS progression. it's beautiful.

>>39674311
>>39674368
we have never seen your arms to this very day. please leave.
>>
>>39673902
>lifting for girls
>>
>>39675126
>lifting for a fat old man
>>
I agree

My arms are in proportion and all I do for arms is cgbp, OHP, dips, chins and rows. They grow without having to curl. Maybe I'm just lucky though.
>>
>>39673902
Lol.

Riptits is a strength coach, not a showy bodybuilder. If you're whining about the lack of arm work in his programs you need to go right back to page 1 of SS and refamiliarize yourself with the aim of rip's strength training.

If it's that much of an issue then maybe, just maybe, SS isn't optimal for bodybuilding.
>>
>>39675316
The routine with dips and chins doesn't lack arm work. OP just took an out of context quote from SS and you took the b8
>>
>>39675353
I just wanted to explain that you have to choose a routine according to your goals. I know that SS is more accommodating than OP implies, you can even throw curls in there.

Point is that aesthetics driven people shouldn't pick SS if they can't deal with having a proportionally larger lower than upper body in the beginning.
>>
>>39675353
>posts the entire page
>out of context
>>
>>39675834
The quote is still taken out of context, you illiterate nigger
>>
>>39674311
>The Press (triceps)
hardly uses the triceps at all

>Bench Press (triceps)
bit better, but still shit for triceps.
chest will be miles ahead of triceps.
>>
>>39677048
How much work do you think triceps need to do?

If you do 8-10 sets of bench and 8-10 sets of OHP a week (like 5/3/1 BBB), do you think you need more tricep work as well?
>>
>>39677081
I do double that volume and my main bench grip is close-grip because of shoulder issues.
My triceps still lag behind my front delts and pecs, because I don't like to do triceps isolation exercises.

I'm gonna lower volume on OHP, because they pretty much just build the front delts, and it's fucking up my shoulders.
>>
SS was designed for young people with no strength training experience, and some previous sports training in mind, with the goal of increasing strength to the point where they can easily perform their sport skills. Does not targeting a bodybuilding audience make it bad? Does /fit/ overprescribing the program to literally everyone who comes here make the program bad? Go into any legit athletic training facility, and chances are they will care very little about arms as well (except for throwing athletes and combat sports, but even then shoulder health is way more important). This is like a fan of horror movies getting mad because a romantic comedy wasn't scary enough.
>>
>>39677160
nah, SS was designed for people of all ages.
also wasn't designed for athletes.
>>
>>39677108
F A C E P U L L S

+

L A T E R A L R A I S E S
>>
>>39677160
If you can't Bench BW, Squat BWx1.25 or Deadlift BWx1.5 for 5-8 reps, you need to get stronger before a brosplit can be effective.
>>
>>39677307
Can't do lateral raises because of shoulder issue.

But yeah, I've been doing a lot of facepulls and facepull variants (to hit lateral delts a bit more).

Just need to lower OHP volume until the lateral and rear delts catch up.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.