[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cut or Bulk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Sup /fit/
First of all I have read the sticky.
I am a newb but I have been reading a lot. A friend has also helped me work out a routine.

I'm still undecided though.
Should I start by cutting or bulking?

Here is my disgusting skinnyfat body.

http://imgur.com/tmRBcmE

Please help me decide this last one thing so I can finally get going.
>>
>>39669459
Definitely cut first.
>>
Cutting first:
Pros: Get lean quickly.
Cons: Look like shit even when lean, increase bf% when you start bulking, spin your wheels for a long time before you make actual progress

Bulking first:
Pros: Rapid progress in strength and muscle mass, bf% stays roughly the same while you get bigger, faster to cut when you're bigger and stronger, will actually look good when you're done cutting
Cons: You're chubby until you've done your first cut.
>>
File: hny.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
hny.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>>39669459
idk doesnt matter youll quit after two weeks anyway
>>
>>39669502
this is the real answer, and a collary to that is that as long as you stick to your diet/training you'll get to roughly the same place no matter if you cut or bulk first. it's very rarely the plan that fails for people who want to get shredded, it's the execution.
>>
>>39669502
Thank you for pissing me off, I will print your post and look at it every morning for motivation.
Fuck you.

>>39669491
Straight to the point and informative.
Thanks.
>>
>>39669491
>Bulking first:
>Pros: Rapid progress in strength and muscle mass, bf% stays roughly the same while you get bigger

... or you train in the real world and will put on more fat on top of your already fat body.

Bulking without fat gain happens on steroids and to people with amazing genetics. Hint: if you manage get yourself to the skinny fat terror zone, you don't have amazing genetics.
>>
>>39669552
no, you're wrong. beginners who do a good novice routine and bulk sensibly stay the same bf% and get bigger. this is what actually happens in the real world, as observed in actual gyms. you also seem to think staying the same bf% means "without fat gain", but it doesn't. I'll let you figure that one out.
>>
You should absolutely lose weight first
>>
eat at maintenance or like <500 cals above maintenance and recomp, it actually happens despite what some idiots on this board will say, train hard enough as a noob and you will gain muscle and lose fat for a while, just make sure you train as hard as possible
>>
>>39669614
RECOMP
EEeeeeeeeee
C
O
M
P
>>
>>39669576
Sounds like eating at maintenance, not bulking.
>>
>>39669459
You should start by lifting.
Don't cut or bulk, just eat maintenance and work out until you put some muscle under that fat, THEN bulk.
If you start by bulking from where you are now, you're just gonna get fat and lose your motivation. If you start by cutting, you're gonna look like a twig.
Just eat maintenance and lift, it'll take a while but by the time the layer of fat is gone you will have some definition and feel good about yourself and it will motivate you to continue.
>t. personal experience
>>
>>39669459
I started getting into fitness like 4 months ago, decided that i wanted to cut and get to around 8 or 10% body fat before i bulk. I've lost 24 pounds bringing me from 185 - 161 and still going. I bought a body fat caliper for 3 dollars, it's in the mail. It's probably the better option imo. Because if you have to cut from like 18 - 22% once you have some muscle mass, you're going to lose a lot of that muscle you put on since your cut is going to last quite a while and you'll look better honestly
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.