[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Training programs without weigths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

I'm just starting out, and to be fair, I feel like in my current state I'd not handle the gym very well; I even think I'd not get much from a gym subscription at this stage.

I was thinking about starting my strength training with just my body weight, because that always seems to give me enough of a challenge, but most programs (including the one I was thinking about following), use barbells and dumbbells extensively.

Two questions: am I wrong? If not, what good programs can I follow using just my body weight?
>>
>>39661243
Oh me likey.. Alot
>>
File: whale fail.gif (2MB, 269x299px) Image search: [Google]
whale fail.gif
2MB, 269x299px
Yes you are wrong. Beginners get huge gains very fast from going to the gym. They will not be nearly as fast if you use bodyweight only.

Nobody gets big and muscular using bodyweight only (gymnasts use weight training, and train every day for hours anyway)

Bodyweight training is not even for gaining muscle, its for getting better at bodyweight movements, which in itself is a very valid goal and I think you should pursue it in some degree anyway alongside gym work.

Read the sticky and pick a basic strength workout from it, go do that at the gym and you will make some fast noob gains.
>>
>>39661243
Stop making this thread everyday you bastard
>>
>>39661285
I wasn't thinking of doing it for too long though, I just thought it would be a good idea to loosen up my muscles a bit since I haven't had exercise in ages. I was thinking about doing it for 2 - 3 weeks before starting the gym. Besides, I figured it'd be cool to have some exercises to do while I'm not at the gym, but I guess that'd be too much.

>>39661298
First time I made it, friendo.
>>
>>39661243
Depends on what your goals are, you don't seem like you want to do starting strength, but it is a great beginner program for gaining strength and muscle. You should enjoy your workouts and if you don't, you won't stick to it. If you don't stick to it then you just wasted your time. Maybe do some thinking and really decide what you want. There definitely are options out there for getting strong and pretty muscular using bodyweight workouts. 1-arm pushups and chinups are pretty badass, but I got to them quicker using weights.
>>
>>39661243
If you want to do bodyweight exercises, try the /r/bodyweight routine.

But you'd be better off with a standard program. Lots of beginners prefer bodyweight-only. But it's inferior. You'll get worse results.
>>
Read the sticky you dumb nigger
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.