[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the differences between a pull-up and a chin-up, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pullups.jpg (43KB, 670x330px) Image search: [Google]
pullups.jpg
43KB, 670x330px
What are the differences between a pull-up and a chin-up, and why should you do one or the other?
>>
>>39660981
that image is so terrible I literally can't even
>>
>>39660981

God damnit, which is which? The picture clears up nothing!

Anyway, the ones with palms facing you are one of the best biceps workouts there is. Palms facing away hit your upper back and lats more.

Most people alternate these two between workouts. You can also do neutral grip, which is a great compromise.
>>
>>39660981

Simply put, chin-ups are easier as they add in the biceps to the movement.
Both chins and pull-ups move the lats through the same range of motion, so in theory there won't be any difference in lat gains, strength or size.

That said, many people swear that pull-ups give them superior lat gains, maybe due to that in reality, it forces the lats to work harder from the get-go, whereas in chin ups the biceps can take up some of the slack before the lats start working as hard.

Just pick one and train it hard. Do the other variations every so often too.
Pull/chin-ups should be done every workout imo, if not every day at home.
>>
>>39660981
>chin up
>hands that wide

Don't wew at me or my wife's lad ever again
>>
>>39660981
pull ups are a pulling exercise hence the name builds your pull so girls find you more attractive
chin ups are a great chin building exercise hence the name, gotta get them sick chin gains
>>
>>39661002
depends on grip width. on very wide grips you definitely feel it more in lats.

but like this guy said, chinups are superior to pullups since they use more muscles. unless you use very wide grip the lat usage is negligible between the two
>>
the difference is neglible for most of us. just try both and see which one feels best for you.

>t.used to do neutral grip chinups, didnt progress and didnt feel it in my back, switched to pullups ups and have never felt this much DOMS and made steady progression since
>>
Personally I prefer pull-ups.
Also they help you transfer to muscle-ups. I recommend training for a muscle up on a bar at the beginning of every workout. Just pull yourself as fast and hard as possible and try to get over the bar.
I did this, and went from a max of 4 to 10 pull-ups in a month by the time I got my first muscle-up.
>>
>>39661034

Doms is not a receipt of progress, just so you know.
>>
Just do the one that feels best for you.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.