[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranoia/Hyper vigilance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: paranoia.jpg (10KB, 330x153px) Image search: [Google]
paranoia.jpg
10KB, 330x153px
How do I deal with this bros? I'm constantly looking out for trouble, not in the I always want to fight way, but rather for fear of my life and those with me kind of way, I am constantly in fear of being attacked, of being caught off guard and be left defenseless and get my shit kicked in, I'm not even afraid of actually dying, I'm more afraid of surviving it, of actually living with the fact that I was not able to defend myself, or have my sister or my girlfriend violated because I wasnt strong enough.

I cant honestly get through /rekt/ webms threads as this actually feeds my fear of being left undone, I know theres only like 1% of those things happening to me but I would always consider that 1% a certainty, its gonna fucking happen, better be ready for it man

How do you deal with this? are people born with this?
>>
See a fucking shrink for your anxiety.
>>
>>39654163
>living with the fact that I was not able to defend myself

I'm the exact same, just lift like a madman
>>
>>39654163

Thankfully we have something called a gun
>>
get a gun like the other anon said. and do things that can help build confidence in yourself, like boxing or some useful martial art. the reason you're a pussy is because you aren't sure of yourself, but with some experience and history of beating people up in a controlled environment, it might help. and of course keep lifting hard.

and if you still fail in a real world situation, you did your best with what you had. not everyone can be a 6'4 alpha male. it's still respectable to fight against your beta nature.
>>
>>39654163
Have you ever gotten punched in the face?

If not, that's probably your problem.
>>
>>39654163
Are you by any chance a fat white American?
>>
I'm always paranoid when I sit in front of black people in class. I don't wanna be part of the next knockout game on worlstar
>>
File: 1480763783452.jpg (173KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480763783452.jpg
173KB, 1280x1280px
I have it also

Better safe than sorry. I dont trust anybody. I dont like when people have guns around me because no matter how "sane" they are, whats stopping them from just snapping and shooting shit up?

Im not anti-gun, I just know that mentally unstable people are out there that own them. Its a control problem because they have quick access to end my life and I have no way to stop it.

Itd be cool as fuck if we just went back to swords.

Then again non gun owners sketch me out when there are knives around. If I notice odd behavior in a person I make sure knives are out of their reach and stay vigilant.
>>
>>39654163
You should also be paranoid of sanitation and hygiene before you get terrible, preventable diseases and infection.

You should be paranoid financially before somebody locks you into a contract that is obscene and begins to siphon money away from you.

It's a pretty dangerous world out there. Often times, the hit that strikes you isn't from what you were being paranoid about. Not only is vigilance a good trait, but resilience in the face of tragedy is one too. Adaptability and forgiveness will bring your further than trying that much harder to prevent your bubble from ever being popped.

P.S. I also think that you give too little credit to how much 1% is. A car crash is a 1% chance. You getting into a fight that you can't run away from is almost certainly a fraction of a percent with due vigilance.
>>
>>39654163
You might have unresolved trauma from your past that you haven't fully processed. try selfauthoring.com. Journaling and writing in general helps memory and helps to clarify your thoughts a lot. Not saying it's the cure, but it might be a good medicine.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.