[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme? Can you build big legs without squats?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1477502730472.jpg (160KB, 629x828px) Image search: [Google]
1477502730472.jpg
160KB, 629x828px
Is this a meme? Can you build big legs without squats?
>>
Of course you can build big legs without squats, but that Dorian Yates routine is a meme, unless you're heavily enhanced you should be using progressive overload on some kind of lowerbody compound e.g. a barbell lunge or something
>>
While squats are the better lift overall, leg hypertrophy is roughly equal on leg press
>>
>>39652308
Where's his bulge wtf
>>
>>39652308
if your only concern is to "build legs" then yeah, that's probably true, at least if you use roids. the thing about squats that isolations can't replace is that it trains a huge number of muscle groups at the same time, and you make consistent progress on it for years. squats simply work a lot better for athletic performance and long term progress, and they do way more than just "build legs".
>>
>if you're not too tall and have short limbs, it may be the best exercise for you
MANLETS BTFO
sort of
>>
>>39652308
I had proportionally large legs before I ever squatted while spending my first year lifting doing goofy shit like hack squats and leg presses. Not saying they were massive but they had no trouble growing without squats.
>>
So squats are a manlet exercise?
>>
>>39652360
that's a woman, anon
>>
most people who squat don't do it to "build legs". it's pretty easy to get big legs. people squat because it's a fantastic exercise that trains most of your body at the same time, builds a ton of strength and conditioning and helps drive performance in other lifts. there's a reason it's considered the king of resistance exercises, and that's not because people are extremely interested in making their quads as big as possible.
>>
>>39652421
oh shit sorry, where's her bulge?
>>
>>39652399
>you can make consistent progress on it for years

you can do that with a leg press too

also it's not that easy to just make consistent progress after the first 3 years

>>39652354
depends for who, i'd be willing to bet short femur manlets get a lot more out of squats, opposite for lanklets

>>39652343
if you want to progressively overload you can do so with any exercise, doesn't have to be a compound

>>39652460
squatting is a fantastic exercise but it doesn't drive performance in other lifts to any significant extent unless it's a squat variant, and deadlift in rare cases (not for most people, not for most good deadlifters)

sometimes you see SSfags suggesting that squatting will increase your bench via hormones (debunked over and over again) or some stupid shit like that, this is not the case
>>
File: SS victim.jpg (48KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
SS victim.jpg
48KB, 640x853px
Squats are not meant to build muscle, they are mostly used as a vital part of the MUH STRENGTH meme in order to get bragging rights among the other fat manlets in the gym.

Do something that actually targets your legs in a controlled manner if you want them to grow. Do squats if you want to please shitposters on /fit/.
>>
>>39652308
This >>39652460
Why would you want big legs, I just wish my legs would magically stay the same while I could progress on weight. I had big legs when I was barely over 120 kg squat
>>
>>39652308
I'm 6' 3.75" tall, and I've never heard of this guy before today (I don't follow athletes' lives in any way, I'm too busy) and I tend to agree with what he's saying. I have the flexibility to do squats, and I learned the proper technique and form for squats, but aside from my upper thoracic spine being curved outwards too much (the bar ends up resting between vertebra, very painful and dangerous!) no matter what I did, they never felt right. I make good progress with leg press and the other things he mentions. I should mention that I train for strength, not 'aesthetics', though.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.