[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Personal Trainers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Naples-Fl-personal-training.jpg (98KB, 806x537px) Image search: [Google]
Naples-Fl-personal-training.jpg
98KB, 806x537px
Hey /fit/

I want to start going the gym, but i don't know how to use the machines and what machines should i use, i'm afraid of using them in a wrong way that could lead to some injuries, height loss etc. So, should i get a personal trainer for the first few weeks just to know what to do and eat or can i learn this in some youtube video?

Sorry for the bad english btw, it's not my first language.
>>
>>39646617
the sticky. read it.
>>
>>39646617
Height loss! Funny.

Sure a personal trainer will help you get used to the machines.

If you want to make it you're going to want to learn the big compounds so READ THE STICKY.
>>
>>39646617
If you're just worried about the machines and exercises, the sticky + googling machine exercises will be sufficient. There's no need to pay for something you don't really need.
>>
>>39646626
>>39646633
>>39646641
Does the sticky tell me how to use the machines without killing my back?
>>
>>39646617
50 dollars an hour to learn how to use a machine that will take about 2 seconds of practicing to use correctly, seriously, the label on the machien shows hwo to use it step by step u dont need someone to teach u lol.
>>
>>39646661
I think my poor third world country doens't have those labels.
>>
>>39646658

If you're just starting out with machines, you don't need to worry about injury, really. That's kinda the whole point of machines - they are safer than free weights.

In terms of actually building muscle and strength, free weights - specifically big compound exercises such as bench, overhead press, squat, deadlift - are objectively superior but also have a higher chance of injury. For that reason, yes, I'd recommend doing a couple of sessions with a trainer to learn proper form.

Cliffs: You don't need a trainer for machines, but you really shouldn't be doing machines anyways.
>>
>>39646658
1. You don't need machines unless you're injured or a bodybuilder
2. Even if you did, PTs are salesmen, not experts. They'd give you the latest meme workouts
>>
>machines
>>
>>39646617
Go ahead and use the trainer if only a few times. Most people on here have bad form because they never look at themselves when they lift. Years down the road even professional bodybuilders start to develop issues due to form so don't make any unnecessary assumptions. The sticky answers a lot but not everything.
>>
>>39646617
Go back to your desert, refugee.
>>
>>39646730
arent we all bodybuilders?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.